Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simon Pegg interview - Short List
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2
lgrayson
A piece of shameless self-promotion here...if you're offended by such things, look away now. wink.gif
I was lucky enough to catch Simon on his Hot Fuzz press tour of Australia, and chatted with him about technology, chafing, gadgets and Spaced.

You can see the first part of the interview on YouTube

The second part is in Short List (an online gadget show that I'm working on)
Short List interview
thirtyhelens
Fancy meeting you here. laugh.gif

(Thanks again, LOL)
lgrayson
Hehe - I'm not very good at this forum trolling thing (it's my first time, you know).
Glad you liked the video, though. Sadly, the next one will be far less exciting (back to the usual tech/gadgets stuff).
Still got to meet one of my all-time heroes (and managed to avoid saying "skip to the end" during his responses), so I'm happy with the way things have turned out smile.gif

Cheers!
:l
AusChick
Watched the Shortlist interview. It was great!!

The YouTube one doesn't seem to be working though. Not sure if it's the You Tube site or something wrong with the clip?
lgrayson
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 17 2007, 07:46 PM)
Watched the Shortlist interview.  It was great!!

The YouTube one doesn't seem to be working though.  Not sure if it's the You Tube site or something wrong with the clip?

Thanks!
Don't know what's up with the YouTube version, but you're right - it seems a little temperamental. Try this more direct link instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKGuQTpwhu4

Cheers!
Laurence
AusChick
Started well and then pood itself too.
had some trouble with other stuff I've tried to view on tube tonight too - might just chalk this one up to a You-Tube mess and try again tomorrow
Rebus
Good interview. Aside from the inevitable Third Series Question, it was nice to see Simon being asked questions he normally wouldn't be asked, and talk about something other than his writing process, or researching Hot Fuzz etc etc.
AusChick
Hooray.
Finally got You Tube to work for me.

Nice one!!
Lovin it!

I like the suggestion that Edgar should get a big franchise so they can then use the funds to set up their own studio/workshop/production company type thing. hehehehe. Good idea!
dolfyn
YouTube's working fine for me, but the sound on my computer has suddenly cacked itself today!!! sad.gif Now I have to wait until my IT-savvy friend comes around on Friday night & has a look at it. Stupid computer errors! mad.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
rolleyes.gif
dolfyn
Double post, sorry! blush.gif

The sound on my computer has magically returned, & I was able to enjoy those 2 clips. Awesome stuff, lgrayson, thanx for those. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
AusChick
Woot!

I liked the geeky gadgets interview. It was a bit different from the standard questions we keep hearing over and over.

Was also interested to find that Simon has the same two computers as me & bf!!
Simon has way more cool consoles though! (we only have a PS2 and an old Xbox)
melzilla
Excellent stuff...thanks for that Igrayson!! biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 19 2007, 01:24 PM)
Was also interested to find that Simon has the same two computers as me & bf!!

Nice. Always a joy to discover a fellow fence-straddler, not rabid Mac or PC persons. biggrin.gif

High five, Sarah.
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 20 2007, 06:53 PM)
Nice.  Always a joy to discover a fellow fence-straddler, not rabid Mac or PC persons.  biggrin.gif

High five, Sarah.

Count me in that category too. Although I do prefer Mac, I have both and will happily use either.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 20 2007, 11:18 AM)
Count me in that category too. Although I do prefer Mac, I have both and will happily use either.

See? Only the coolest.

I tend to prefer Macs if given the choice, however their price tags have presented problems in the past. I bought my PC tower because I needed a reliable machine with a DVD burner right quick, and it was a real bargain.
dolfyn
Personally, I've found Mac's to be less user-friendly, but that's probably because I've been using PC's at work for over 10 years & I'm used to them. rolleyes.gif I do love iTunes & iPods, though. happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 20 2007, 06:53 PM)
Nice.  Always a joy to discover a fellow fence-straddler, not rabid Mac or PC persons.  biggrin.gif

High five, Sarah.

W00t! *jumps* *fives*

Yeah we were strictly a PC household until they brought out the dual processor on the MAC which lured my bf over to "the dark side" hehehehe.

It took me a litle while to get used to the MAC after being a PC gal for so long but now I really like it!

Gadgets! Hooray!
Wife Of Rolex
If you go to 2mins 10sec of this there's a little 30 or so second snipet of Simon a little off duty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j20RlPLMDc

Wife Of Rolex
dolfyn
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 22 2007, 11:58 AM)
If you go to 2mins 10sec of this there's a little 30 or so second snipet of Simon a little off duty.
Wife Of Rolex

Aw, that was a cute little exchange. happy.gif Thanx for sharing that, Wifey. smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
AusChick
Game talk.
I really should have brought my bf in on the conversation with SP.
widowspider
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 22 2007, 12:58 AM)

Wife Of Rolex

ohmy.gif

Simon was wearing that exact t-shirt when I met him 2 years ago.

Go shopping Simon, would ya? wink.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 23 2007, 11:37 PM)
ohmy.gif
Simon was wearing that exact t-shirt when I met him 2 years ago.
Go shopping Simon, would ya? wink.gif

Aw, c'mon, what's better than a favourite t-shirt? happy.gif

I love Simon's t-shirts. They're cool. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 23 2007, 01:41 PM)
Aw, c'mon, what's better than a favourite t-shirt?  happy.gif

I love Simon's t-shirts. They're cool.  cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif

I keed, I keed. I even blurted out in a rather pathetic way, 'I really like your t-shirt Simon!' when I was talking to him.
God, I really was sad. The poor bloke.
dolfyn
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 24 2007, 12:48 AM)
I keed, I keed. I even blurted out in a rather pathetic way, 'I really like your t-shirt Simon!' when I was talking to him.
God, I really was sad. The poor bloke.

hehehee. It's cool, Spidey. wink.gif It took all my self-control not to blurt out something embarrassing when I met him! blush.gif Not that I'm saying that what you said was embarrassing, but you know what I mean! I'm amazed that I didn't say anything I regretted afterwards. rolleyes.gif I guess it was because he was so cool & relaxed & friendly, that I felt at-ease chatting with him. Aw, he's so lovely! wub.gif

Oh God! There I go again! Shut up, already! wacko.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 23 2007, 02:03 PM)
hehehee. It's cool, Spidey.  wink.gif  It took all my self-control not to blurt out something embarrassing when I met him! blush.gif Not that I'm saying that what you said was embarrassing, but you know what I mean! I'm amazed that I didn't say anything I regretted afterwards.  rolleyes.gif  I guess it was because he was so cool & relaxed & friendly, that I felt at-ease chatting with him. Aw, he's so lovely!  wub.gif

Oh God! There I go again! Shut up, already!  wacko.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif

I'm not telling you the most embarrassing thing I said, though.
dolfyn
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 24 2007, 01:51 AM)
I'm not telling you the most embarrassing thing I said, though.

That's perfectly fine, I understand. wink.gif If it makes you feel any better, I made a bit of a dick of myself on air the next day when I rang in to speak to them on the radio. blush.gif rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 23 2007, 03:00 PM)
That's perfectly fine, I understand.  wink.gif  If it makes you feel any better, I made a bit of a dick of myself on air the next day when I rang in to speak to them on the radio.  blush.gif  rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif

Ah, but did you blurt out 'how's that for a slice of fried gold?' after he posed for a picture with you?

........shit.
Starscream`s Ghost
And I bet he loved both of the things you said, you two.

Cause you're both lovely and stuff.
widowspider
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 23 2007, 03:05 PM)

I bet he was groaning internally, though. Even I cringed as I said it, I just couldn't help myself.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 23 2007, 07:54 AM)
I bet he was groaning internally, though. Even I cringed as I said it, I just couldn't help myself.

Kiddo, you really don't have to tell us what you said. But you are speeding toward the cliff with our curiosities in the back seat, you know. wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 23 2007, 03:56 PM)
Kiddo, you really don't have to tell us what you said.  But you are speeding toward the cliff with our curiosities in the back seat, you know. wink.gif

QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 23 2007, 03:04 PM)
Ah, but did you blurt out 'how's that for a slice of fried gold?' after he posed for a picture with you?

*cringe*
thirtyhelens
Dun-dun-dunnnnn!

Doooooorky, but you could have done a lot cringier, Rache. biggrin.gif I salute you.
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 23 2007, 04:03 PM)
Dun-dun-dunnnnn! 
Doooooorky, but you could have done a lot cringier, Rache. biggrin.gif  I salute you.

laugh.gif Thanks Nic! It could have been worse, but I still felt like a total twat afterwards.

Sorry Simon! I promise to do better on the 10th.
melzilla
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 23 2007, 03:05 PM)

Is this the "Bizarro-universe" thread?? laugh.gif
If not, who are you and what have yone with SG?? tongue.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (melzilla @ Mar 23 2007, 07:10 PM)
Is this the "Bizarro-universe" thread?? laugh.gif

Har de har.

tongue.gif
AusChick
Aw Starscream - that was so sweet what you said! happy.gif

Gen - you were totally cool with Simon, I couldn't believe it!
I felt like I was a three year old when I was chatting with you two. Like I was jumping up and down from one foot to the other saying random and pointless things. hahahaha
I do think he's good at making people feel at ease though.

Rach - I love the Fried Gold line! I actually think it was quite a cool thing to say.
I'm sure it would be a long way down on the list of twatish things people have said to them anyway.

I actually think one of the reasons I said so little to Edgar was that I couldn't trust myself. I knew in my state of nervous excitement that if I opened my mouth I was bound to make a complete and utter tit of myself wacko.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 24 2007, 09:11 AM)
Aw Starscream - that was so sweet what you said!  happy.gif

Yeah, SS, that was really sweet. happy.gif Be careful! We might start to think you're nice, or something! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 24 2007, 09:11 AM)
Gen - you were totally cool with Simon,  I couldn't believe it!
I felt like I was a three year old when I was chatting with you two.  Like I was jumping up and down from one foot to the other saying random and pointless things. hahahaha
I do think he's good at making people feel at ease though.
I actually think one of the reasons I said so little to Edgar was that I couldn't trust myself. I knew in my state of nervous excitement that if I opened my mouth I was bound to make a complete and utter tit of myself  wacko.gif

Somehow, my inner-geek/child was tied & gagged in the corner of my mind that night. rolleyes.gif I have no idea how I managed it! But, if it makes you feel any better, AC, I didn't notice any silly behaviour from you. smile.gif I think we both did pretty well, & Simon seemed to like meeting us. cool.gif (Here I go again.... rolleyes.gif ) Aaawwww, he's such a sweetie!!! wub.gif

*fan-crush overload* wacko.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
Glad you didn't notice me doing anything stupid Dolf.
But then would you have noticed given that Simon was right in front of us?
Possibly I could have been dancing a jig with a banana tree growing from my head and it might not have caught your attention wink.gif

There were more pressing matters at hand!
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 25 2007, 10:44 AM)
Glad you didn't notice me doing anything stupid Dolf.
But then would you have noticed given that Simon was right in front of us?
Possibly I could have been dancing a jig with a banana tree growing from my head and it might not have caught your attention  wink.gif
There were more pressing matters at hand!

Hmmm. You do have a valid point, AC. happy.gif I was rather distracted by the fact that Simon Pegg was right in front of me(!!!), looking gorgeous & being very sweet. wub.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
AusChick
Hehehehehehe

I thought that might have been the case!! happy.gif

Like I wasn't distracted myself!
When we were going through the Q & A photos yesterday I said to my bf "Were they sitting up on a stage or something? Or what?"
Bf said "Uh, YEAH!" and looked at me like I was mad.

I was in such a daze that night I don't think I knew what was going on!!
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 25 2007, 02:37 PM)
Like I wasn't distracted myself!
When we were going through the Q & A photos yesterday I said to my bf "Were they sitting up on a stage or something? Or what?" 
Bf said "Uh, YEAH!" and looked at me like I was mad.
I was in such a daze that night I don't think I knew what was going on!!

Bahahahahaha! laugh.gif You're hilarious, AC! I actually laughed out loud at that one. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
AusChick
Hehehe Thanks matey.

I think my brain has completely melted now (check out my new photo in the "shopping" thread to see how sleeeeeepy I look)

I was looking at the old Shaun Squad photos today.
I was looking at the one of Simon & Edgar when they were interviewed by Adam Spencer and Wil Anderson on Triple J in Sydney.

Then I thought, hey that's really cool because I've met Wil Anderson and he's met Simon and Edgar.

Then something in the last little functioning piece of my brain said "YOU'VE MET THEM YOURSELF YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT!!"

Duh wacko.gif
Anni
Hahahaha oh dear, AC~ laugh.gif

That made me laugh.

I always look for the whole 'six degrees of seperation' thing with tons of celebrities I'd like to meet. I was thinking of who I may know that's met them then I realised I already had. blush.gif

Have you been staying up late, missy?
AusChick
Hahaha
Yeah I'm so sleepy.

Blame Dolfyn. I was up chatting to her until the wee hours of the morning.
But then I woke up early too. Can't seem to sleep in any more.

Tried to have a nap on the couch this arvo but the noisy teenagers next door prevented that.
Which was a shame because I'd been listening to my new Hot Fuzz soundtrack and the last track has a really sweet, slow, quiet bit in it which was very soothing and made me want to sleep.

Anyway - I will go to bed early tonight.
I've been saying that since before the Q & A and it hasn't really happened yet.
But tonight I REALLY WILL!
Anni
TUT TUT TUT. rolleyes.gif (because being lectured by a teenager is always fun.)

Last night I was home alone, and I totally forgot to go to bed. Usually my mum or dad checks in on me before 12.
It was about 2 in the morning when I was like, "Hey! What's the time? .. Oh."
I always feel slightly sad staying up later while on the computer. laugh.gif

I wonder if the Hot Fuzz soundtrack is available in NZ too. I'll have to look out for that. There was some real good music in that film.
AusChick
Do you have JB Hi-Fi there? That's where I got it. I would think since it's out here it's probably out there too.

I actually posted a comment on Edgar's MySpace page about whether the Soundtrack was being released here.

Then I got a lovely message from a girl who had seen my comment on Edgar's page. She was actually at the Q & A in Melbourne and remembered us. Also, she works for JB Hi-Fi and so she was able to tell me that the soundtrack was definately in.
I thought that was so sweet of her!

See how the good-will just spreads!

Like Dolfyn (and Simon) say "Feel the love" wub.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 25 2007, 08:41 PM)
See how the good-will just spreads!
Like Dolfyn (and Simon) say "Feel the love"  wub.gif

Yeah, Simon & co. seems to attract nice normal people as their fans. (Yes, even us!) happy.gif They don't seem to get the full on crazies, which is great. smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
AusChick
Normal? Us? Really? unsure.gif

I think I'm quite flattered by that. hehehehe
Anni
Oh, I haven't heard of JB Hi-Fi, so I assume we don't have them.

I'll just browse the other stores.

I love all the little links you can find with people on the internet + real life. It's weird, because I think of the internet as being so impersonal and anonymous, but it really isn't at all.
AusChick
Yeah I was really pleased to get that message from that girl.
I thought it was so sweet of her to say hello and let me know about the soundtrack and stuff.

I also thought it was quite cool that she remembered our little crew from the night.
I guess we were pretty noticable happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.