Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz DVD
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Mayonnaise
It's loaded.. I can't wait to see the movie with the commentaries and all the other goodies. biggrin.gif
dolfyn
Yep, I'll definitely be importing mine from the UK; just like I did with SOTD because the Aussie release was missing 3 of the commentaries & about half of the extras! ohmy.gif

We often get a raw deal with the good stuff down here. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
Anni
I've been meaning to get the UK DVD of SotD but my parents don't understand why I can't just live with having the one with less stuff.
Grr. mad.gif

Will definitely get the UK Hot Fuzz DVD though.
R3Dl2ULZ
if i import mine ill only be able to watch it on my pc sad.gif or ill have to burn a copy with the region removed so i can watch it on my dvd player. atleast one of which is illegal sad.gif
Anni
As Edgar says, get a region free DVD player wink.gif
R3Dl2ULZ
theyre hard to come by these days sad.gif.
ive got a software program that bypasses region codes. i use that for watching Spaced.
widowspider
QUOTE (R3Dl2ULZ @ Apr 24 2007, 08:47 AM)
theyre hard to come by these days sad.gif.
ive got a software program that bypasses region codes. i use that for watching Spaced.

There are quite a lot of DVD players that are easily hackable - try dvdhack.com for a list of them. smile.gif
Omniscia
If you just need a quick, cheap solution, buy the Cyberhome CH-DVD300 for $25 or so. It's easily region-hackable, with a few simple pushes of the buttons on the remote, and it plays imported discs just fine.

I've got one in the cellar, and, quite frankly, it does a better job on PAL discs than my Phillips DVP-642.
frostitute
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 24 2007, 08:32 AM)
If you just need a quick, cheap solution, buy the Cyberhome CH-DVD300 for $25 or so. It's easily region-hackable, with a few simple pushes of the buttons on the remote, and it plays imported discs just fine.

I've got one in the cellar, and, quite frankly, it does a better job on PAL discs than my Phillips DVP-642.

Do you have a link on how to hack it? I'd like to post this on my site for interested people.
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (frostitute @ Apr 24 2007, 12:27 PM)
Do you have a link on how to hack it? I'd like to post this on my site for interested people.

Here's a page that lists about 90 ways to Hack the DVD-Player Omniscia posted.

Cyberhome CH-DVD300

EDIT:

QUOTE (R3Dl2ULZ @ Apr 24 2007, 03:12 AM)
if i import mine ill only be able to watch it on my pc sad.gif or ill have to burn a copy with the region removed so i can watch it on my dvd player. atleast one of which is illegal  sad.gif

What type of DVD Player do you have? Maybe I can help you find a hack so you won't have to buy a new dvd-player. It's not illegal to hack something you own, is it?
Geoi
A few months ago I was looking for a region-free player, so, I just googled "Region-free DVD players" and got a butt load of results. Looks pretty easy to get one. I'll find out when I order one... I'm waiting to get my new computer first though.
Omniscia
QUOTE (frostitute @ Apr 24 2007, 12:27 PM)

See below.

QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Apr 24 2007, 02:22 PM)
Here's a page that lists about 90 ways to Hack the DVD-Player Omniscia posted.

Cyberhome CH-DVD300

That's the same exact site I would have linked him to. Good work!
UnderSpaced
Yeah, I love the videohelp website, that's where i get all my programs from, or if i need help with something. Great minds think alike.
R3Dl2ULZ
UnderSpaced, love your avatar. second most awesome show ever!
after all this talk of unlocking dvd players. i did a google for my one (a Samsung HT-P10) and found a site that claimed to have a way of doing. being ever skeptical of things that i know enough about to know that i dont know enough to know if it will kill my stuff or not, i continued searching and found 3 different sites that all had the same procedure and code, and found none with a different code or method. that was enough evidence for me so i did it. to my amazement my dvd player still works. and is region free! thanks for the offer though UnderSpaced tongue.gif.

so now im off to watch Spaced on my 27" TV with surround sound rather than on my 19" pc monitor using my headphones.

cya!
UnderSpaced
No problem. No go have fun! laugh.gif
Omniscia
So you already had a region-hackable player, eh? Nice!

You have taken your first steps into a larger world.
mousespider
I'm just curious, but could you burn a region two dvd and make it a region one, or am I a complete moron?
UnderSpaced
Yeah you could, I'm certain. When I back up a movie I really like so I don't get the original all scratched up, I make the copy region-free. I pretty sure a program like DVDShrink has the option to let you choose what region you want the disc.
Omniscia
Granted, you also have to take into account the differences between PAL and NTSC standards, don't you? Or does it not matter with DVDs?
UnderSpaced
I think it does matter, but i'm no expert.
AusChick
This reminds me - I was going to put in my pre-order for the Hot Fuzz DVD yesterday and I ran out of time.

Must do it today.
Anni
Oh the woe of being young.
I have to convince my parents. Tight-arses.

Goddamn I want my own credit card to go broke with!
Llama
HMV appear to be exclusively offering the US style cover - that's getting an order from me the minute I get some moneys.

It's here but their website seems to be having problems so the actual page for it is down at the moment. I presume it has the same features as the other one though.
Mrs Bisley
My mate randomly came up to me today and went "Sarah, when's Hot Fuzz coming out on DVD?" so I told her and she went "God, that's not good enough, I want it now!" and walked off... I've converted another... biggrin.gif

I'm not liking the wait for the DVD... it didn't seem too long at first and now it really does sad.gif
AusChick
Hehehe brilliant!

I didn't know your name is Sarah too!
We're taking over the world you know.
GundamGuy_UK
Just noticed this, I thought it was out in July.

As it happens, it's coming out the day before my 21st, and on my first day in court doing jury duty.

Looking forward to going to court, coming home and spending my evening Fuzzing it up.
Omniscia
Aww, I want to try jury duty! My name never comes up in the pool, though...
GundamGuy_UK
It might yet, you stay on the list until you're 65 I think.
AusChick
Haven't put in my pre-order for the HF DVD yet.
I'm debating where to buy it from.
HMV or Amazon?
Any suggestions anyone?

The HMV version has a fancy cover, yeah?
I've never ordered from HMV before though.

I know Amazon are really good and reliable and all that.
CazBag
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 3 2007, 10:21 AM)
Haven't put in my pre-order for the HF DVD yet.
I'm debating where to buy it from.
HMV or Amazon?
Any suggestions anyone?

The HMV version has a fancy cover, yeah?
I've never ordered from HMV before though.

I know Amazon are really good and reliable and all that.

Amazon have exclusive postcards in with their DVDs. However, these were given out at premieres and such like so I'm not sure if you got some too at the HF screening you went to? If not then that may swing it for Amazon.
Jimmay
I got the exclusive HMV sleeve version of Shaun of the Dead so I may as well keep up the tradition. Consider it pre-ordered.
AusChick
We didn't get anything at our screening.
Except a warm fuzzy glow.

Fuzz-y.
AusChick
Double post.

I bought the DVD! Yay!!

I now have it on pre-order.
I'm happy.

That is all.
dolfyn
*sigh* I can't afford it for quite a while. sad.gif It's going to be some time until I can order Hot Fuzz & Big Nothing from the UK. No new Simon-y goodness for me in the near future. huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif
Everlong
Thats the day i get back from download festival, sweeet, i have the next day off, so will be grabbing it on the 12th biggrin.gif

Oh, the cover with the flames and sparks is the HMV exclusivo apparently smile.gif
AusChick
In the end I opted for the Amazon one with the "artcards" over the HMV one with the fiery cover.

To be honest I wasn't too fussed either way with that stuff - it's what's ON the DVD that I really want.

But I have more experience with Amazon in the past so I decided to stick with them. They've always been pretty good to me in the past.
R3Dl2ULZ
how much did it cost you all up Saz? in our currency?
i might have to get me some.
AusChick
QUOTE (R3Dl2ULZ @ May 8 2007, 12:40 AM)
how much did it cost you all up Saz? in our currency?
i might have to get me some.

Can't remember exactly. I think about $35 Australian.
But I guess it will depend what the exchange rate is when the order goes through.

You pay a couple of pounds for postage - but they deduct the VAT (tax) because of not being in the UK. So it all works out pretty well.

Amazon have always been great. Once I bought a DVD off them. Then a week or two after I bought it, it went on sale - so they actually refunded some money onto my credit card so it would match the sale price! How cool is that?
I didn't ask for it or anything, it just happened out of the blue.
R3Dl2ULZ
thats awesome. i think i might head over to their site and preorder myself a copy now.
AusChick
Yeah! Do it!

I'm already excited about mine and it's still more than a month to release date - let alone release-plus-shipping!!
R3Dl2ULZ
well i pre-ordered it.

and bought about $100 of other stuff.
Big Nothing, Mighty Boosh box set and Danger 50000 Volts.
AusChick
Sounds like a cool haul Gaz.
But you know Boosh is out here now?
Not the box set though.

Are you getting it all shipped seperately or did you tell them to wait til HF is out and ship them all together?
R3Dl2ULZ
im getting two air mail shippings. its only like $10 for each.
i checked the JB website, and to buy both series separately here cost roughly the same amount as buying the box set and a third of the shipping. maybe $5 more for the box set. i have a thing for box sets... tongue.gif
AusChick
Yeah box sets are cool.
And isn't it funny how it's often the same price to buy something from the UK (including shipping) as it is to just buy it in a shop here?

Plus UK versions of things often have better special features and stuff too.
I often buy stuff from Amazon UK.

Region-free DVD is the best!!
R3Dl2ULZ
i probably should have bought the uk version of SotD while i was at it... everyone says its got better special features.

Region 4 ALWAYS gets invited to the party AFTER the cakes been eaten...
AusChick
or flushed.

laugh.gif
R3Dl2ULZ
............. laugh.gif
Heff
Please don't lynch me
I got a pirate copy of the film - just the film.
But I'm gonna destroy it when I buy the real one.
AusChick
Tut tut.

Dearest Heffster, has your man-crush become so rampant that you can't even wait another month to satisfy it using legitimate means?

tongue.gif
R3Dl2ULZ
oooooooo oooo oooo oooooo! PICK MEEEEEEE!
i rocked in to work 10 minutes late this morning to find Danger! 50,000 Volts, Big Nothing and The Mighty Boosh Boxset on my chair! wooh go me! the box had been opened by my work though cause it had their name on it sad.gif but everything was still there and untouched biggrin.gif .

now only 4 weeks until i get Fuzzed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.