Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz DVD
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
frostitute
I have something lined up for tomorrow, should be set then.
Raven
QUOTE (frostitute @ May 22 2007, 12:49 AM)

Having your bikini line waxed again, eh?!
dolfyn
I've found out an interesting little tip for all you UK Spaced-Outers....

Woolworths are doing an instore pre-order price on Hot Fuzz for £12.99.

I hope this is helpful. smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif
Raven
I'm planning on using the tried and tested "Wait 'til it drops in price, and then buy it for a fiver" plan - there's very little justification for buying a DVD at full price these days, when they are readily available at much cheaper prices within a few short months.
AusChick
Unless of course you are extremely impatient like me!
dolfyn
And me! biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
frostitute
QUOTE (Raven @ May 21 2007, 07:04 PM)
Having your bikini line waxed again, eh?!

Just something for the next iteration of Picture Whores.

My big comeback.
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (frostitute @ May 21 2007, 06:49 PM)

You have it already? huh.gif If not, you shouldn't be making promises like that.
Llama
QUOTE (mydogatela @ May 22 2007, 07:41 PM)
You have it already?  huh.gif  If not, you shouldn't be making promises like that.

I was told "this week", I think within a day is a bit ambitious...

If we're talking about the same thing that is.
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (Llama @ May 22 2007, 02:19 PM)
If we're talking about the same thing that is.

I'm pretty sure we are.
Llama
QUOTE (mydogatela @ May 22 2007, 08:27 PM)
I'm pretty sure we are.

Since it's in this thread I'd wager you're right. Did you speak to Sue? She was lovely.
frostitute
QUOTE (mydogatela @ May 22 2007, 01:41 PM)
You have it already?   huh.gif   If not, you shouldn't be making promises like that.

If I told you I was lying, would you have visited my site?

I'm just generating some hype, it's harmless.

: )
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (frostitute @ May 22 2007, 02:36 PM)
If I told you I was lying, would you have visited my site?

If I visited your site and it wasn't there, would I come back?

wink.gif
frostitute
I believe you would, because you would give me the benefit of a doubt, and understand that everyone is human and that everyone makes mistakes. Because that's how the world works.
sarkybarker
Saw the Pre-order Hot Fuzz case in a shop today. This made me joyously happy.

The fact that it was in a case made it seem life-like and thus available. June 11th can't come soon enough.
AusChick
Oi! You three site Gods are just teasing us now tongue.gif

Anyway - less than three weeks til official release date. I hope Amazon sends mine quickly!

Plus in two weeks I get to see it on the big screen again.
That should keep me happy til the DVD comes. happy.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 23 2007, 08:24 AM)
Plus in two weeks I get to see it on the big screen again.
That should keep me happy til the DVD comes.  happy.gif

Yay! Fuzz-y goodness on the big screen, one last time. cool.gif

Hhmmm. Is it a bit on the obsessive side that I'm really looking forward to that next Hot Fuzz viewing so much, even though I've already seen it 9 times? huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
"obsessive" is a subjective thing wink.gif

It's been a while since the last screening anyway!
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 23 2007, 02:33 PM)
"obsessive" is a subjective thing  wink.gif
It's been a while since the last screening anyway!

hehee. Yeah, it's been a couple of weeks now, & I'm having withdrawals! wacko.gif

I'm hanging out for the day when I'm holding my very own Hot Fuzz DVD. biggrin.gif
*sigh* It's still going to be an arduous wait for me, though. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
AusChick
I think the last time I saw HF was ANZAC day.
So it's been a month.

Don't worry, when I get the DVD I'll invite you round to watch all the extras and commentary and stuff.
Except of course that once you've seen it it will be even harder to wait to get it!
CazBag
QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 23 2007, 04:27 AM)
Hhmmm. Is it a bit on the obsessive side that I'm really looking forward to that next Hot Fuzz viewing so much, even though I've already seen it 9 times?  huh.gif

Noooooo, not at all! Making it 10 times makes a nice rounded number! Besides, this could possibly be THE last time you see it on a big screen!

QUOTE (AusChick @ May 22 2007, 10:24 PM)
Oi! You three site Gods are just teasing us now  tongue.gif

Yeah guys, stop teasing us!!! And please don't whore them to us, that's just cruel!!! laugh.gif

Have you heard any rumblings of a DVD signing on the 11th yet? I've been scouring the HMV and Virgin sites but no sign sad.gif
Llama
You all love it tongue.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (CazBag @ May 23 2007, 08:30 AM)
Have you heard any rumblings of a DVD signing on the 11th yet?  I've been scouring the HMV and Virgin sites but no sign  sad.gif
It would be cool if they do some signings. Fingers crossed.

QUOTE (Llama @ May 23 2007, 08:32 AM)
You all love it  tongue.gif
You know it biggrin.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 23 2007, 06:40 PM)
It would be cool if they do some signings. Fingers crossed.

Ooohh! If they do, maybe I could find some incredibly generous soul on this forum to get a DVD signed for me.... smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 23 2007, 10:02 AM)
Ooohh! If they do, maybe I could find some incredibly generous soul on this forum to get a DVD signed for me....  smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif

I do hope they do a signing session. I'll get you one Dolfyn if they do! smile.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (CazBag @ May 23 2007, 08:47 PM)
I do hope they do a signing session.  I'll get you one Dolfyn if they do!  smile.gif

Aaawwww! Thanx Caz. How sweet are you? happy.gif We can PM about it, if it eventuates. wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
AusChick
Good on ya Caz! And don't forget to mention to Simon who it's for. He'll be pleased biggrin.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 23 2007, 11:22 AM)
We can PM about it, if it eventuates.  wink.gif

Yeah of course. We'll have to keep our fingers crossed a signing session will eventuate.

I've already booked half day off work in the hope it will. laugh.gif

QUOTE (AusChick @ May 23 2007, 11:23 AM)
Good on ya Caz!  And don't forget to mention to Simon who it's for. He'll be pleased  biggrin.gif

I definitely will be saying who it's for, absolutely! I'm sure he'll be pleased too. biggrin.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (CazBag @ May 23 2007, 02:07 PM)
I definitely will be saying who it's for, absolutely!  I'm sure he'll be pleased too.  biggrin.gif
Yeah we know he's secretly crushing on Dolfyn biggrin.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ May 24 2007, 08:30 AM)
Yeah we know he's secretly crushing on Dolfyn  biggrin.gif

hehee! happy.gif Naughty Sis, I've told you before! Stop encouraging my rampant Simon-crush!!!! mad.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
rolleyes.gif
AusChick
You know I'll never stop. tongue.gif
Mags8304
9 times Dolfyn? tongue.gif My friends think I'm weird cause I've seen it three times. laugh.gif

I bow down to you master.

Speaking of DVD I don't think i'll be able to get it for a while. Stupid car has decided that now is a good time to replace two tires, ball bearings and get a wheel alignment. Cheapest quote was $750. sad.gif Was ignoring the problem till I was coming over the West Gate and I thought my wheel was going to fly off. sad.gif laugh.gif So my spending will be severely curtailed for a while. Why oh why didn't I get an Aussie car. laugh.gif
Anni
It's disgraceful. I've only seen it twice.
I just haven't had much time, and tons of my friends are busy too. We're rarely available at the same time to go out for a movie. sad.gif

I cannot wait for this DVD though. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (Mags8304 @ May 24 2007, 05:26 AM)
Stupid car has decided that now is a good time to replace two tires, ball bearings and get a wheel alignment.
Ahem. You've been talking to too many Americans online Mags! In Australia we call them "tyres" not "tires". Although, yours sound like they were pretty tired!

But yeah that sucks. Cars are so expensive sometimes. Like the petrol prices aren't bad enough!!

Oh and I've seen it 6 times.
R3Dl2ULZ
the rubber bits on our wheels are bicycle couriers? works for me!
Mags8304
laugh.gif Thanks for that Sarah. I was actually sitting here going

"Hmmm, do i spell it tires or tyers."

Of course the spell check on my computer wants to spell it tires. Nice pick up there though, they were "tired". laugh.gif Ok time to stop the bad punning now.

I really do need to start taking better care of the car though. Petrol is killing me at the moment.
AusChick
hehe sorry that was just me being cheeky
And making bad puns

Petrol prices are just stupid now! It makes me feel old because when I got my first car, petrol was about 65cents a litre!! Lucky for me my car runs on the smell of an oily rag. It's got no oomph whatsoever but it gets me from A to B.
mcraigclark
This may have already been posted, but here's a look at the DVD's various cover designs and menus.
thirtyhelens
Niiiiiice, ta Craigsy.

Coming Soon is listing a July 24 street date for the Region 1 disc:

http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/jul07.php

So are Davis DVD. No specs, though, or indication if it'll be a single or double disc.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ May 28 2007, 11:10 PM)
Coming Soon is listing a July 24 street date for the Region 1 disc:

http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/jul07.php

So are Davis DVD.  No specs, though, or indication if it'll be a single or double disc.

From the horses' mouths, the Region 1 disc is supposed to be a single. I live in hope.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ May 28 2007, 08:55 PM)
From the horses' mouths, the Region 1 disc is supposed to be a single.  I live in hope.

Yup, I remember. And ditto, hence my hesitation. wink.gif Although I'm buying the R2 disc anyway, it'd be nice if R1 got the same goods...
thirtyhelens
Double posty 'cos Joe Cornish just answered a big question re: this on his blog:

Q: One question: did you do any filming at the "Hot Fuzz" Q&A in Melbourne, Australia? - Dolfyn

A: No Dolfyn, I didn't. I was there for the American bit only. My 28 minute so-called documentary will be on the US Hot Fuzz disc which comes out I don't know when. I am, however, the proud possessor of a two hour, Gimme Shelter style unofficial cut, which I am going to hold in a vault until such time as I can sell it for a vast amount of cash. Of course I'd never do that. But I do have a two hour cut, and it has some pretty amazing too-hot-for-TV action in it.

Looks like a multi-region double dip for me after all. And thanks, Gen, for asking that question which I bet you didn't realize would yield such a key answer. wink.gif
mcraigclark
I'll be double dipping too then. Joe put the camera in my face twice in Chicago.
thirtyhelens
Hope you make the half-hour cut then, Craig. laugh.gif Your face is lovely, it deserves not to sit in LBJ's vault for an indefinite amount of time...
Llama
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ May 30 2007, 07:20 PM)
Hope you make the half-hour cut then, Craig.  laugh.gif Your face is lovely, it deserves not to sit in LBJ's vault for an indefinite amount of time...

As do I. Partially so I can point you out when you're on screen and say, "I know him! ...sort of."

And also because it is indeed a lovely face.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Llama @ May 30 2007, 11:48 AM)
As do I. Partially so I can point you out when you're on screen and say, "I know him! ...sort of."

Kinda like we did when the London Expo blog hit? biggrin.gif

"Eyyyy! LlamaLlamaLlama..."
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ May 29 2007, 01:21 AM)
This may have already been posted, but here's a look at the DVD's various cover designs and menus.

Just spotted someone on the commentaries list. Jumpin Jack Flash will be everso pleased. happy.gif

The artwork looks great. Just 2 and a bit weeks to go before we can check it out properly for ourselves. biggrin.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Llama
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ May 30 2007, 09:19 PM)
Kinda like we did when the London Expo blog hit?  biggrin.gif

"Eyyyy!  LlamaLlamaLlama..."

Exactly! I'm just glad that blog isn't going on the DVD laugh.gif
Ade
It's my friend's birthday on 11th June. Easy present.

Great DVD sleeves and screencaps; looks a terrific package all round. Much as I love the first sleeve design, the HMV Exclusive looks the business, so I may plump for that.

edit: I can't wait to see 'Hot Funk' and 'The Man Who Would Be Fuzz'. biggrin.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (Ade @ May 31 2007, 10:02 AM)
It's my friend's birthday on 11th June. Easy present.

It's my birthday too!
I had an easy present for myself.

Well, not so easy when you factor in the whole shipping from England to Australia business.
And of course it will be a slightly belated birthday present by the time it gets here.

But soooo worth it biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.