Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz DVD
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Wife Of Rolex
Apparently, some Tesco stores have actually sold out of all their Hot Fuzz dvds. ohmy.gif

Wife Of Rolex
AusChick
That's brilliant!

I hope they do fantastically well on DVD sales.
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 18 2007, 04:27 PM)
^ Aw sorry Sis.  If you wanted me to replay the nipple bit you should have just said something  wink.gif
Actually I think my other half was still watching with us at that stage so it might have been a bit embarrassing  tongue.gif

Yeah, that's probably why I didn't say anything. rolleyes.gif But once I get my own DVD, I can admire them as much as I like in the privacy of my lounge room! wink.gif heheheee!

EDIT: Oh, & go the Fuzz DVD sales! cool.gif Woo!

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
logger
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 18 2007, 01:31 PM)
I hope they do fantastically well on DVD sales.

When I bought my copy there were two other people buying at the same time. It does appear to be popular.
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 18 2007, 12:28 PM)
Apparently, some Tesco stores have actually sold out of all their Hot Fuzz dvds.  ohmy.gif

Nick informed me on the phone recently that sales of the movie on DVD have gone through the roof - it wouldn't surprise me if it has broken a record or two...

Kev W
Omniscia
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Jun 18 2007, 11:44 AM)
Nick informed me on the phone recently that sales of the movie on DVD have gone through the roof - it wouldn't surprise me if it has broken a record or two...

Got a lot of family and friends out there, eh, Kev..? wink.gif
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jun 18 2007, 04:04 PM)
Got a lot of family and friends out there, eh, Kev..? wink.gif

I've got a lot of family, but as for friends... (sniff)

Kev W
Omniscia
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Jun 18 2007, 12:29 PM)
I've got a lot of family, but as for friends... (sniff)

You have us, though!

I'm sure there are plenty of people here who cheer every time you grace the screen.
sapphirejedi
That's great to hear about the sales. Hope it does well over here too. I bought my R2 copy, but I still intend to get my US copy July 31st!!!!

I can't believe I watched HF 5 times in 24 hrs. I've never done that with ANY film, not even SW, and I've been a SW freak since I was 5! ohmy.gif
Sostie
Have now been through the Hot Fuzz extras and have to say it is one of the best packages for a while. Too many times you get 2 disc packages that contain dull, or little material. But not this time.

There is one extra "extra" I would loved to have seen. A feature on the music or Edgar/David Arnold commentary. The score is as much a homage to action films as the film itself, I reckon it could have been a rarity - an interesting soundtrack commentary. But we're spoilt with the extras anyway so I won't complain...10th anniversary edition maybe.

Oh wait. Maybe one more. A specially made video for the Jon Spencer track. Maybe Spencer performing in British police uniform. Or a twist on Spencer's Talk About The Blues video where Winona Ryder, Giovanni Ribisi and John C. Reilly played as the band...but with Simon, Nick & Edgar instead. We have now entered the realms of fantasy DVD extras.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 18 2007, 12:34 PM)
Or a twist on Spencer's Talk About The Blues video where Winona Ryder, Giovanni Ribisi and John C. Reilly played as the band...but with Simon, Nick & Edgar instead. 

I loves it.

Having the stars of the film in the video is a trend that deserves a resurgance. Take us back to the glory days of Stand By Me, La Bamba and that Billy Ocean one out of Jewel of the Nile.

When the gooooin' gets rou-ou-ough... the tough! get! rough!

laugh.gif
frostitute
WOO MY DVD IS HERE
AusChick
Hooray for Thomas.
Hope Harmz got hers too.

And wooooo!
Hot Fuzz rockin the DVD sales! cool.gif
MyDogAteLA
laugh.gif Go Fuzz! hehe
dolfyn
Woo hoo! biggrin.gif AusChick's & my specially Edgar/Nick signed DVD's have arrived today! smile.gif Now I'm just hoping I can pick mine up from AC's house tonight, so I can dive into a Fuzz-themed evening at home. cool.gif Yay!

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Anni
Yay Gen!! It doesn't disappoint. happy.gif Now you get to oggle Simon's nipples... LOL!
dolfyn
Would licking the screen be going too far? tongue.gif

KIDDING!!!! biggrin.gif
hehehehee!

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Anni
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jun 19 2007, 05:35 PM)
Would licking the screen be going too far?  tongue.gif

KIDDING!!!!  biggrin.gif
hehehehee!

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

LOL maybe, Gen.... yes. tongue.gif ... I think I would be quite concerned for your mental health laugh.gif
AusChick
^ just make sure you disinfect your telly with alcohol first.

Then you get to taste the alcohol too!
Double bonus!!

I'm crossing my fingers that we will still be able to get the DVD to you tonight.
But the other half has just told me they've gotta do a demo for his work tomorrow - which might mean he's stuck at work late tonight.
sad.gif

Fingers crossed it will all work out.
If not - you may have to wait one extra Fuzz-less day.
sad.gif
thirtyhelens
Me and Sostie's exchange earlier made me want to look this video up:

Oh. My. Fucking. GOD.

*cackles* Edgar in particular could rock a white tux...
Heff
QUOTE (thirtyhelens)
*cackles*  Edgar in particular could rock a white tux...
fnar - when the going gets hairy, the hairy get tuxed
thirtyhelens
*snort*

Nick wouldn't have to wear a bouncy blonde wig, though.

Unless he really wanted to.
Heff
I disagree - I think if he had his heart set on that blouse/skirt combo, the wig would be mandatory.

And I saw a snippet of Danny Devito in there - the role Simon was born to play.
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Jun 11 2007, 06:31 PM)
Just seen Nick & I shamelessly mugging for the cameras on the Friends & Family featurette... wacko.gif

Kev W

I let out an involuntary yelp when I saw you!!! It was really funny!! Go K&N for being on the extras!!

QUOTE (Kirstie @ Jun 12 2007, 02:18 PM)
I noticed something pretty geeky in the film, too. It's to do with continuity: There's a bit where Danny and Nicholas are in the car talking and Danny's finishing a cornetto in one shot. The next shot you seem, he's still eating half of the bottom of the conetto.

Eagle-eyed, I am.

I always notice that! I thought my eyes were deceiving me!! At least I'm not the only one

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 17 2007, 07:21 PM)
And the Pegg/Frost commentary is a masterpiece of snark.

It looks like Edgar if he had some sort of wasting disease...

laugh.gif It's absolutely hilarious!! Edgar looks so sweet!! I like how Nick gets slightly impatient and bored biggrin.gif

QUOTE (R3Dl2ULZ @ Jun 18 2007, 12:56 AM)
the flip book with Danny's voice over is funny.

I think I might have watched it ten million times.. I've even got my 13 year old brother (who saw the film and absoluelty loved it) singing the song #I've stolen a clock, I've stolen a clock#

The commentary with Dalton, Cranham, Woodward and Freeman on is hilarious!! Dalton gets way too excited about the deaths!! laugh.gif

"Oh, I was just down there last week where we sunk that barge" ?!?!?!?! haha laugh.gif

The DVD's a winner!! I hope it does really well, because it's great!
dolfyn
Squeee-factor of 1000!! biggrin.gif

I now have, in my hot little hands, my Hot Fuzz DVD which was signed by Edgar & Nick! happy.gif

I've been going through the extras & I'm about to watch the film with one of the commentaries. smile.gif The DVD absolutely ROCKS!!!

Caz, thank you soooooo much for the DVD & signage! cool.gif (And for the extra yummy treats you threw into the package.) wink.gif This has made my month (& it's been a rather crappy one). I think I at least owe you a kidney, now. rolleyes.gif I'll PM you soon, because I want to send you something nice (so maybe not a kidney, I don't think they travel well in the post!). tongue.gif

And again, a big heartfelt thank you to Edgar & Nick for being so kind in signing our DVD's. wub.gif You guys are 7 kinds of awesome. cool.gif

Now, though, back to the Fuzz-y goodness. hehehee! laugh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
AusChick
^ yeah what she said!

Wife Of Rolex
Miiiiiinnnnnstreeeeeeels!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Wife Of Rolex
CazBag
Yeyyyyyyyyyy!!! Glad you guys got them all ok!!! I did get a bit carried away with the tape so nothing should have fallen out on the way there! laugh.gif I can't believe how quickly it got to you ... I only sent it off on Thursday afternoon!!!

You're both very welcome and very happy that you're chuffed with the stuff!!! Great to hear it's cheered you up Gen, and those pics of you Sarah really made me laugh!!!

Enjoy girls!!!

I've managed to watch a fair bit of the DVDs now. I've been watching a bit each night so not to watch it all in one go. They're SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!! It's great having so many varied extras to watch. The commentaries are great to listen to, and still when watching Hot Fuzz for the umpteenth time you STILL spot something new. Love it love it love it!!! Thank you boys, you've excelled again!!!

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 19 2007, 01:43 PM)
Miiiiiinnnnnstreeeeeeels!!!  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif
Wife Of Rolex

A film session is never complete without them! laugh.gif
I can't believe they don't do them in Aus!
AusChick
Yay! Thanks again Caz!

I've been watching bits of the HF DVD each night too.
Watched with the cast commentary last night (the police officer one - already watched with the Villagers the other day - or Village People as I accidentally called them last night hehehe)

I've never had minstrels before. Looking forward to cracking open the pack biggrin.gif
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 19 2007, 10:15 PM)
I've never had minstrels before.  Looking forward to cracking open the pack  biggrin.gif

Oooh, deary me!! I'm slightly obsessed with minstrels, they're proper yummy!! wub.gif

Loving the pictures of the signed dvd, you lucky devil, very jealous!! laugh.gif

(I'm particularly jealous of the "I love you" from Edgar... nice work!)

And yay for Dolfyn, too!! You lucky thing, you!! tongue.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Jun 19 2007, 10:23 PM)

I will treasure it forever happy.gif
Heff
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 20 2007, 08:26 AM)
I will treasure it forever  happy.gif
Before selling it on eBay.

I'm just jealous - jaffa cakes AND minstrels?! Phwoar!...What are minstrels?
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Heff @ Jun 20 2007, 12:03 AM)

Chocolate in a crispy shell. Like Smarties. But nicer.
thirtyhelens
A little bag of sweet racist caricatures.

Oh, wait....
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Jun 19 2007, 05:23 PM)

Me, too. wink.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (Heff @ Jun 20 2007, 09:03 AM)

Ah, you cynic! rolleyes.gif You can't sell love & devotion!

QUOTE (Heff @ Jun 20 2007, 09:03 AM)

Mmmm. I like the Minstrels; they're like really big M&Ms. smile.gif And the Jaffa Cakes take me back to my childhood, when they were in plentiful supply, before the big Jaffa Cake drought that has been plaguing Australia for many years. sad.gif

My only slight disappointment with the DVD extras is that there's no Simon Cam this time! huh.gif But otherwise, I'm walking around with a Fuzz-y glow! hehee. happy.gif

And.... Happy Birthday, Heff!!! biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif
Heff
QUOTE (dolfyn)
Ah, you cynic!  rolleyes.gif  You can't sell love & devotion!
"mYes I can. I'm the Chief Inspector"
You don't think I'm serious do you? I'm not.

QUOTE (dolfyn)
And....  Happy Birthday, Heff!!!  biggrin.gif
Cheers love, but you've got the wrong thread! Don't matter - I'm taking the rest of the day off.
dolfyn
I have wished you Happy Birthday in the Birthday thread too. I just thought I'd say it while I was here earlier. tongue.gif I like your new avatar, too! cool.gif hehehee.

Yeah, AusChick got the more personalised message from Edgar on her DVD. wink.gif Mine was a bit more general, but I'm still extremely chuffed with it! biggrin.gif I hope there's the opportunity for Simon to sign it too, one day. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
Anni
Just thought I'd add myself to the jealous list. wink.gif You guys are so lucky!

Minstrels sound like they taste good...
AusChick
Aw thanks everyone!
Sorry to make you jealous - but I'm well chuffed myself biggrin.gif
It was very sweet of Edgar to write that for me.
And NO WAY would I sell it on eBay. That message is just for me baby!

Have just opened the Minstrels tonight.
I'd better put the packet away somewhere because they are YUMMY and addictive and I'm at risk of eating the whole pack in one sitting!
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 20 2007, 10:05 AM)
Have just opened the Minstrels tonight.
I'd better put the packet away somewhere because they are YUMMY and addictive and I'm at risk of eating the whole pack in one sitting!

The ultimate skill with eating Minstrels is to hold one on your tongue and gently suck it for a few minutes before biting into the soft goodness. happy.gif

Wife Of Rolex
AusChick
mmm yeah. I did that.

With some.

Some of them I sucked until they melted to nothing.
And some I crunched right up.

Yum!!

Chocolate attack!!!! biggrin.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
~Says nothing~
AusChick
Are you being naughty Glenny?
Starscream`s Ghost
As if I ever would.
AusChick
huh.gif
thirtyhelens
Somehow I have a feeling HF is going to have a tougher time topping Amazon US that week; 300 comes out the same day.

300 won't be my DVD pick that week, though, will it? *pfffft!*
Heff
Watched HF with Edgar's and Simon's commentary, then the outtakes. Then 'The Man Who Would Be Fuzz'.

Then I watched the Shaun outtakes because I like them more.

Hot Fuzz doesn't need it, but Shaun has more charm; I like my 1 disc Shaun better than 2 disc HF. Subject to change - I haven't watched all of HF's extras yet.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Heff @ Jun 20 2007, 03:56 PM)
I like my 1 disc Shaun better than 2 disc HF. Subject to change - I haven't watched all of HF's extras yet.

Trigger happy! You can't make that ruling without watching both discs. It's not alloooowwwed.
AusChick
Why do you like the Shaun outtakes better?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.