Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz DVD
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
MyDogAteLA
Here's the 2 disc dvd that will be available at Walmart. The packaging of the two disc kind of sucks. They should have put it all in one box. huh.gif
I do like the picture that's on the second box, though.

Harmz
frostitute
HAHA

erm

Oh dear.

And it's FULLSCREEN, ew
MyDogAteLA
I thought I was going to get this one, but now that I see it, I don't think I'll bother since I have the region 2 already. mellow.gif I will still get a region 1, for the blogs, just not this one.
AusChick
But are the US blogs on any other versions???

Also, what is FULLSCREEN? Is that widescreen or 4:3 ?? or something different again??

One thing I noticed when I was watching the DVD is that the extras all seem to be in different ratios. It drove me crazy slightly. wacko.gif
curtinparloe
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jul 29 2007, 11:11 PM)
But are the US blogs on any other versions???
Also, what is FULLSCREEN?  Is that widescreen or 4:3 ??  or something different again??
One thing I noticed when I was watching the DVD is that the extras all seem to be in different ratios.  It drove me crazy slightly.  wacko.gif

As far as I'm aware, "Fullscreen" is a way of selling 4:3 that doesn't sound as shit as "Pan-and-scan".
NiteFall
I always thought that "pan and scan" sounded like a bit of obscure military jargon.
AusChick
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jul 29 2007, 10:15 PM)
As far as I'm aware, "Fullscreen" is a way of selling 4:3 that doesn't sound as shit as "Pan-and-scan".

Ah. I see.
Yeah that blows.

So basically as far as I can tell - the only thing I want off the US versions is the US blogs (since everything else was already on the UK version I think)
curtinparloe
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jul 29 2007, 11:22 PM)
I always thought that "pan and scan" sounded like a bit of obscure military jargon.

Or cookery jargon.
mcraigclark
Unless it's the only version available of any given release, I can't bring myself to buy a fullscreen DVD. Since the extra extras are all on a separate disc though, I might buy it and give the film disc away.

I'll wait to see if the Fuzzball Rally is on the single-disc release.
thirtyhelens
It is, Craig! And it's very possible that the person who photographed this set simply picked up the fullscreen version, and that WalMart will have a widescreen variation available, too.

That said, I don't think I need the WalMart one, either. I'm going to head over to Amoeba to pick up the single-disc widescreen on Tuesday. (I still have credit, after all. And I want to see how fast they're moving it; if it beats 300 anywhere, it'll be Amoeba. wink.gif )
AusChick
OK.
I already really wanted a copy of the American version so I could see the Fuzzball Rally stuff.
But now I really want it!!!

QUOTE (horror.com)
When Frost starts flushing his birthday cakes down the toilet, when Wright gets down to his skivvies during a phone interview, and when Pegg tongue-kisses his own action figure…

biggrin.gif
Anni
I have GOT to see that.
mcraigclark
I am on the Hot Fuzz DVD!! There's about two minutes of Chicago stuff and you can see me! This info comes to me secondhand though. A friend of mine sneaked a peek and called me to freak out a little. Now I'm all excited again.
Wife Of Rolex
Well...at least someone made it.

D'ah, wrong film.

Nice one. smile.gif
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Jul 30 2007, 01:09 PM)
I am on the Hot Fuzz DVD!!  There's about two minutes of Chicago stuff and you can see me!  This info comes to me secondhand though.  A friend of mine sneaked a peek and called me to freak out a little.  Now I'm all excited again.

That's awesome!! Yay! laugh.gif I wish I was, but I don't think Joe was filming any of the times I was around (in LA).
thirtyhelens
Joe was filming at the Aero, though I don't remember how much footage he seemed to be shooting of us. wink.gif I remember him shooting the panel, tho.

And that is buh-rillllliant, Craig. biggrin.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jul 30 2007, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (horror.com)
....and when Pegg tongue-kisses his own action figure…

I'd resigned myself to never owning the US release due to financial constraints, but I've really GOT to see THAT!!!! laugh.gif There has to be a way.... rolleyes.gif

And Craig, that's awesome! cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
mcraigclark
I'm anxious to see it. I'm probably on there for 2 seconds!
thirtyhelens
Two seconds of pure ginger magic.
CazBag
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Jul 30 2007, 06:09 PM)
I am on the Hot Fuzz DVD!!  There's about two minutes of Chicago stuff and you can see me!  This info comes to me secondhand though.  A friend of mine sneaked a peek and called me to freak out a little.  Now I'm all excited again.

Yay!!! That's fantastic, well done Craig!!!
frostitute
If you can see Craig you can probably see me, I was like 4 seats to the right of him and the row behind

Fingers crossed for girly eek action
frostitute
Woo, today's the day! More DVDs to add to the shelf. I posted up some info on the various versions and discs floating around on the site.
Heff
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jul 31 2007, 04:32 AM)
Two seconds of pure ginger magic.
Scarily close to something an ex-girlfriend said to me once.
Anni
Hahahaha Heff. wacko.gif

I think I'll ask for this as a slightly early birthday present. My dad's getting a HD DVD player for his birthday so it's only fitting. Right? wink.gif
AusChick
Yay! Craig and Thomas on DVD!
All the more reason I must have the American version.

And Gen if I get it before you, you are of course welcome to come round to my place and check out the Fuzzball Rally.
mcraigclark
Gen, check your PMs.

I was hoping to buy a copy of HF after work tonight, but I've now got plans in downtown DC that might keep me from it. Balls to that, I say.
DOD-MDK
Warning!!!! The "Hot Fuzz" bonus DVD that comes in the WAL-MART package is for the FULL-SCREEN VERSION of the film only. People with Wide-Screen TVs or who have preferences for Wide-Screen movies are SCREWED.
UnderSpaced
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the DVD Exclusive from Wal-Mart. I can finally say a part of my life is complete now. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I don't care much for Fullscreen, so I'll probably buy the Widescreen version soon.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (DOD-MDK @ Jul 31 2007, 06:22 AM)
Warning!!!! The "Hot Fuzz" bonus DVD that comes in the WAL-MART package is for the FULL-SCREEN VERSION of the film only. People with Wide-Screen TVs or who have preferences for Wide-Screen movies are SCREWED.

So there are definitely no wide-screen variations available? (i.e. you checked, we're not going off that one picture that hit the net a couple of days ago?)

ETA: I've heard three more confirmations that it's 4:3 or nothing at Sprawl-Mart. Blaaaaahdy 'ell. </marsha>

ETA deux: And now a friend tells me she found a widescreen, after all. Ooh, the drama. laugh.gif
DOD-MDK
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jul 31 2007, 11:21 AM)
So there are definitely no wide-screen variations available?  (i.e. you checked, we're not going off that one picture that hit the net a couple of days ago?) wink.gif

ETA: I've heard three more confirmations that it's 4:3 or nothing at Sprawl-Mart.  Blaaaaahdy 'ell. </marsha>

Nope this is coming from the Wal-Mart my shop is next door to. and the Super Wal-Mart near my house on the other side of town. I went and got it from Best Buy instead (2 bucks cheaper and I also purchased a copy of Christopher Titus's "The 5th Annual End Of The World Tour" while I was at it.

Edit: She found a Wide-Screen with the extra disc?!?!!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!
thirtyhelens
Someone also posted a comment on Edgar's blog saying that if you don't see the widescreen version in the bins, ask the sales clerk for it because it does exist.

If they tell you it doesn't, hon, tell them they are chock full o' bull crap.
DOD-MDK
Both Clerks at both the Wal-Marts are saying that The Full-Screen is the only one with Bonus Disc.. I will check the others in the area tonight.
MyDogAteLA
I went to Wal-Mart to see if it was in widescreen, but they had ZERO 'Hot Fuzz' dvds. Typical.

So, I went to Target and bought it on HD-DVD.

BTW, the HD-DVD... I haven't been reading any of the posts about it, but I noticed that one side of the disc is HD, the other is the regular DVD. smile.gif
rabbit57i
Believe it or not, but the average Joe tends to buy full screen. Thusly, stores tend to stock more full screen than widescreen. When a movie first comes out, it can be a bitch trying to find widescreen. This has happened to me many times.
frostitute
QUOTE (MyDogAteLA @ Jul 31 2007, 01:14 PM)
I went to Wal-Mart to see if it was in widescreen, but they had ZERO 'Hot Fuzz' dvds.  Typical. 

So, I went to Target and bought it on HD-DVD.

BTW, the HD-DVD... I haven't been reading any of the posts about it, but I noticed that one side of the disc is HD, the other is the regular DVD.   smile.gif

Yeah, the HD side has all the extras (that are cut), the DVD doesn't
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jul 31 2007, 01:26 PM)
Yeah, the HD side has all the extras (that are cut), the DVD doesn't

That's what I thought, but that's alright. I'm able to watch either side, anyway.
frostitute
I'm considering buying the HD-DVD addon for the Xbox 360, but it'll only see a use for those two movies. Maybe when they become cheap after Blu-Ray is the market winner ;b
dolfyn
Um, so, is the Fuzzball Rally on any of the non-HD versions? huh.gif I don't have an HD DVD player. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
thirtyhelens
Yes, it's on all the region 1 versions, including the standard.
dolfyn
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Aug 1 2007, 05:05 AM)
Yes, it's on all the region 1 versions, including the standard.

Cool. Thanx for clearing that up for me, luv. wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
DOD-MDK
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jul 31 2007, 02:02 PM)
Um, so, is the Fuzzball Rally on any of the non-HD versions?  huh.gif  I don't have an HD DVD player.  rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

It is on the single disc normal (Non-Wal-Mart) region 1 release.

DAMMIT thirty was too fast!
thirtyhelens
*whipsha!*
mcraigclark
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Jul 31 2007, 02:22 PM)
Believe it or not, but the average Joe tends to buy full screen.

Average Joe is an idiot. The studios should just stop producing 4:3 and force people to enjoy the films as they were originally shot. [/pipedream]
dolfyn
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Aug 1 2007, 09:26 AM)
Average Joe is an idiot.  The studios should just stop producing 4:3 and force people to enjoy the films as they were originally shot.  [/pipedream]

My sentiments exactly! cool.gif There's a guy at my work, who I thought to be very intelligent & quick-witted, who actually told me that he doesn't like movies!!!! ohmy.gif Can you imagine??!!! huh.gif But then, he also said he doesn't watch most TV either, except for.... (get this!) ....Big Brother! wacko.gif He has serious problems. He definitely falls into the "Average Joe is an idiot" catagory. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
rabbit57i
Yeah, so I go to Wal-Mart wacko.gif and there is only one widescreen copy of the movie. As usual they have stocked up on full screen. Also the double disk set is only available as full screen at the store that I was at. And I got the last one.

I'm just gonna get rid of the full screen version and get the letterboxed one later. It still works out cheaper than importing from overseas.
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Jul 31 2007, 10:36 PM)
Also the double disk set is only available as full screen at the store that I was at. And I got the last one.

I got the very first one at my Wal-Mart. The lady just opened it after I bought the single disc (widescreen version of course) and tracked me down to let me know she found the double pack. I like that lady a lot. happy.gif Lucky I was waiting for pictures to get developed.

QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Jul 31 2007, 10:36 PM)
I'm just gonna get rid of the full screen version and get the letterboxed one later.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Great minds think alike.
mousespider
Yeah I had no idea that the 2 disc was full screen until I was in the car halfway home and looked and saw the words right above the Rogue logo at the bottom of the box. I may also buy the widescreen at some point, but not right away.
sapphirejedi
Heddo. I bought the Fullscreen 2-pack and the Widescreen, took the xtra disc out of the pack, and gave my mom and dad the Fullscreen DVD as part of their anniversary gift (don't worry, I got them more than that) My dad will only watch Fullscreen DVDs. He's got very poor eyesight, and the Fullscreen is easier for him to see. Love to all!
AusChick
I already have two UK copies (identical extras, just different covers - also one is signed and one not) and I'm planning to guy one of the US ones as well.

Having more than one copy isn't such a bad thing.

I still have my original single disc versions of Spaced even after I bought the 3-disc box set.

Is something wrong with me? huh.gif tongue.gif
sapphirejedi
There is nothing wrong with ya. If Spaced ever comes to the US, I will indeed buy another copy. I have 4 copies of all the SW trilogy films (the originals, not the prekills), 3 HFs, and a VHS and DVD of SOTD.

Hmm, maybe I'M the nutter?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.