Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz DVD
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Mayonnaise
Thanks for the update on the DVD content biggrin.gif I just hope that the US DVD release will include all that.
R3Dl2ULZ
cant wait!
Llama
'Dead Right' woo!
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (Llama @ Apr 17 2007, 01:08 PM)
'Dead Right' woo!

So excited! laugh.gif
melzilla
Woohoo! Sounds like a bumper line-up there! I'm feelin fuzzy already!! wacko.gif
sarkybarker
This is gonna be a monster disc - even better than SOTD by the look of it. I knew they wouldn't let us down.
dolfyn
QUOTE (sarkybarker @ Apr 19 2007, 08:50 AM)
This is gonna be a monster disc - even better than SOTD by the look of it. I knew they wouldn't let us down.

I don't think it's possible for them to let us down. They're geniuses! cool.gif And we love them. wub.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
dandan
QUOTE (davisdvd)
Hot Fuzz

Universal Home Video UK will release Hot Fuzz on June 11th. The action-comedy, from the creative team behind "Shaun of the Dead," arrives with an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Bonus features include four audio commentaries (featuring director Edgar Wright, actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, the Sandford Police Force, the Sandford Village People and the Real Fuzz), 20 deleted & alternate scenes, outtakes, an alternate opening and epilogue, "We Made Hot Fuzz," "Here Come the Fuzz," "Art Department," "Edgar & Simon's Flip Chart" featurettes, the complete online video blogs, trailers, Esater Eggs and more. Retail is 24.99.
Jumpin Jack Flash
the Real Fuzz

Oh dear god no! I was worried about this. Mark my words, there will be a smug local police officer named PC Andy Leaf.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Apr 19 2007, 04:51 PM)
Oh dear god no! I was worried about this. Mark my words, there will be a smug local police officer named PC Andy Leaf.

Does he have a moustache?

Wife Of Rolex
Jumpin Jack Flash
No he's clean shaven and has a big grin all the time.
CazBag
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Apr 19 2007, 04:00 PM)
No he's clean shaven and has a big grin all the time.

Is he in his late 30s ish? A grinning policeman came up to me when I was down in Wells watching the filming. He was talking to me for a while and I got to hear all about his ex-girlfriend who lived in Banbury/Bicester. wacko.gif A very friendly and talkative plod he was.
Jumpin Jack Flash
QUOTE (CazBag @ Apr 19 2007, 09:12 PM)
Is he in his late 30s ish?  A grinning policeman came up to me when I was down in Wells watching the filming.  He was talking to me for a while and I got to hear all about his ex-girlfriend who lived in Banbury/Bicester.  wacko.gif A very friendly and talkative plod he was.

I think that might actually be him...
AusChick
Oooh must remember to pre-order this from Amazon so it gets shipped to me as soon as humanly possible!!
Jessopjessopjessop
Pre-order Hot Fuzz on DVD here!.

These things take no time at all nowadays, I love it.
shaft_the_ewok
The way its going it looks like Hot Fuzz might still be on at the cinema when it comes out on DVD. The Odeon by me is still showing it several times a day - and has been doing so since feb 14th!
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Apr 16 2007, 11:39 PM)
Shamelessly nicked from the EmpireOnline forums...
Official ratings for the disc 2 features:

PG

HOT FUZZ DVD - FLICK BOOK: THE OTHER SIDE  ( 2007 )  Runtime:  0m 19s

Director: Not known Cast: Not known

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOT FUZZ - DVD EXTRAS - FLIP CHART  ( 2007 )  Runtime:  14m 0s

Director: Edgar Wright Cast: Simon Pegg,Bill Bailey,Tim Barlow

ROFL!! I almost forgot about the flick book!! I need to see it again... sad.gif

Another Flip Chart!! Woop!!

Can't wait for 'Dead Right' either!!

It would bloody come out 5 days after my birthday, wouldn't it? tongue.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (shaft_the_ewok @ Apr 20 2007, 07:07 PM)
The way its going it looks like Hot Fuzz might still be on at the cinema when it comes out on DVD. The Odeon by me is still showing it several times a day - and has been doing so since feb 14th!

Aw! You're lucky! It's just about finished it's run here already. sad.gif

Although, there is a special screening at the Astor Theatre in June.... smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Apr 20 2007, 10:12 AM)
It would bloody come out 5 days after my birthday, wouldn't it?  tongue.gif
It comes out ON my birthday!! But then, given that I'm in Australia it will certainly take a few days to get to me anyway
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Apr 20 2007, 10:23 AM)
Although, there is a special screening at the Astor Theatre in June....  smile.gif
Which is 5 days BEFORE my birthday! And we are going along to celebrate! Yay!

Oh dear, I promised I wasn't going to make a big deal of my birthday this year and here I am raving on about it already!!

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing another flip chart.
dolfyn
I just can't wait to have it all in my hot little hands! biggrin.gif I love DVD's, especially when it's such a fantastic movie. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
AusChick
Yeah really looking forward to all the extras.
And being able to pause and rewind stuff.
And freeze-frame.

And can't wait to hear the commentaries!

Oooh I'm excited already.
Sad case.
dolfyn
I'm right there with ya, Sis! wink.gif I absolutely love all the extra stuff. biggrin.gif As much as the movie, in fact. happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 20 2007, 09:40 AM)
Pre-order Hot Fuzz on DVD here!.

These things take no time at all nowadays, I love it.

Thank you sir - that's me pre-ordered.

Bloody exchange rate.
KevinandNick
Hey, kids!

Thought you might want to take a look at this - three Hot Fuzz covers from Universal...

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=64672

No word on which places are offering the exclusive covers, but we'll probably go for the artwork that was on our invitations to the cast & crew screening.

Cheers! smile.gif

Kev & Nick W
Anni
Thanks for that post K & N! I like the last cover the best happy.gif
Ohhhhhh so excited.........
CazBag
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Apr 22 2007, 10:12 AM)
Hey, kids!

Thought you might want to take a look at this - three Hot Fuzz covers from Universal...

No word on which places are offering the exclusive covers, but we'll probably go for the artwork that was on our invitations to the cast & crew screening.

Cheers!  smile.gif

Kev & Nick W

Yeah, cheers for that Kev and Nick! Hmmm, not sure what the crack is with the Heat quote on the first cover though. I think I can smell a bit of cheese wink.gif
Spider Dijon
Yeah I like the first cover best myself.
AusChick
Oh they are all very cool.
I'm just going to be ordering from Amazon so will probably just get the bog-standard cover though I assume.

I just want mine the sooner the better!!
CazBag
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 22 2007, 12:12 PM)
Oh they are all very cool.
I'm just going to be ordering from Amazon so will probably just get the bog-standard cover though I assume.

I just want mine the sooner the better!!

Yeah they are all cool. I think I prefer the first one, although I'm sure there must be a better word to describe Hot Fuzz than 'Brilliant' Heat magazine!!!

Not tooooo long to wait now until it's out. 7 weeks tomorrow to be precise!

I'm still holding out for a DVD signing session on the day of release so will buy one then and not order it. I'm keeping everything crossed the boys will do one anyways! Perhaps that's being a bit presumptuous?! tongue.gif
frostitute
I want that second casing. I'm so tempted to get all three, though.
CazBag
QUOTE (frostitute @ Apr 22 2007, 04:39 PM)

Isn't the image on the 2nd casing the same as the posters used to advertise at cinemas in the US? Maybe they'll use the first one for the UK DVD release and 2nd for the US DVD release. Just a thought.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (CazBag @ Apr 22 2007, 05:36 PM)
Yeah they are all cool.  I think I prefer the first one, although I'm sure there must be a better word to describe Hot Fuzz than 'Brilliant' Heat magazine!!! 

'Billient!' Sandford Citizen.

Wife Of Rolex
Dorf
Nick looks really camp in that first one, as if he was auditioning for a Zoolander sequel.

I'm hoping for either of the covers that don't reference Heat magazine, but it looks to me like that will be the most likely choice.

Plenty of lovely extras as expected, although there appears to be no obvious commentary containing the other cast members (one I quite enjoyed on Shaun).
Automission
QUOTE (Dorf @ Apr 22 2007, 05:08 PM)
Nick looks really camp in that first one, as if he was auditioning for a Zoolander sequel.

I'm hoping for either of the covers that don't reference Heat magazine, but it looks to me like that will be the most likely choice.

Plenty of lovely extras as expected, although there appears to be no obvious commentary containing the other cast members (one I quite enjoyed on Shaun).

Agreed, I dont want a great DVd being ruined with a Heat quote.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Mar 25 2007, 04:22 PM)
Basically, the HD-DVD -- like the BluRay Disc -- is like a DVD, except with much greater data capacity. That greater data capacity allows for the film to be encoded at a much higher resolution, with space left over for an audio track with less compression and more channels than can typically fit on a standard DVD.

Can HD discs also play on regualr dvd players? ... or would that be a rediculous question?
... A more sensible question is: Can HD-dvd players play regular dvds?
AusChick
^ I think they can be played either way.
But I might be wrong.
I do suffer a bit from technophobia

QUOTE (CazBag @ Apr 22 2007, 04:36 PM)
I'm still holding out for a DVD signing session on the day of release so will buy one then and not order it.  I'm keeping everything crossed the boys will do one anyways!  Perhaps that's being a bit presumptuous?!  tongue.gif
Nah. Surely in the UK at least there will be something going on for the DVD release.
Unless they really are completely burnt out after their World Tour!

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Apr 22 2007, 04:49 PM)
'Billient!' Sandford Citizen.
Nice one Wifey!

QUOTE (Dorf @ Apr 22 2007, 05:08 PM)
It's Blue Steel. Or Blue Fury Steel anyway.
Geoi
I like the first one myself. But it doesn't matter what's on the cover really. It's what's on the inside that counts,,, right?

Geez, I'm corney.
AusChick
But so true!

Love your avatar Geoi.
Do you have other pics from the night?

You should post them. We'd all love to see them
(and God knows we all showed-off our pics! hahahaha)
Geoi
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 22 2007, 07:00 PM)
But so true!

Love your avatar Geoi.
Do you have other pics from the night?

You should post them. We'd all love to see them
(and God knows we all showed-off our pics! hahahaha)

I DOOOOO!!!!

Here are some pics from Hotfuzztival Austin.

How cute is this one?

The SotD is signed by all three, and the Danger DVD is signed by Nick. It says "Geoi, You Rock! You stoner! - Nick Frost"

The signing

A couple for the Pegglegs

He looks good all the time! ....wish I did... rolleyes.gif

Edgar (I so forced him to do this pic,, I'm sorry!)

THE HUG!!!!!!!

This one is for THOMAS!!! I asked Nick to write "frostitution.net",,, he wrote the T.F. and drew the heart around it on his own.... Isn't he GREAT!
AusChick
Brilliant! Thanks Geoi!

I love the Three Amigos photos. hehehehe

I think I've seen your MySpace page. You have some vids too yeah?
And Nick stands and poses thinking it's a stills camera? That's funny.
Geoi
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 22 2007, 07:22 PM)
Brilliant!  Thanks Geoi!

I love the Three Amigos photos. hehehehe
I think I've seen your MySpace page.  You have some vids too yeah?
And Nick stands and poses thinking it's a stills camera?  That's funny.

No, that's Kim's myspace. She posts as 2orangey4crows. I prolly mispelled that, but you can't help but know what I'm talking about. She's cool. I met her in the ladies room there. I met the only other hardcore fan in the building in the ladies room. It was tight cuz she was sooooo cool! We hung out all night, me and her and her friend Katie.

Kim's the one filming.... I'm the drunk, boyish lookin' girl that's IN the vids.. LOL!
AusChick
Oh yeah - Kim. She's one of my MySpace buddies.

Yeah those pics and vids are brilliant!
I think Edgar was trying to run away though. He's so subtle sometimes. hahahahahahaha
tongue.gif
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Apr 22 2007, 10:12 AM)
Hey, kids!

Cheers!  smile.gif

Kev & Nick W

Thanks, K&N!!

QUOTE (frostitute @ Apr 22 2007, 04:39 PM)

I want the second one too! It's loverly!

I don't think I'd want one with a Heat quote on... huh.gif
AusChick
I don't really know anything much about Heat but I'm getting a pretty clear idea from this thread!!
CazBag
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 23 2007, 01:08 PM)
I don't really know anything much about Heat but I'm getting a pretty clear idea from this thread!!

I think you probably can guess what it's like. It is of course a highly intellectual UK magazine brimming with factual information and important global news tongue.gif
See here.

As from the quote used to describe why they awarded Hot Fuzz 5 stars, you will realise that you may need a dictionary to help you when understanding the complex diction used in their informative articles.
AusChick
Ah, quality.
black_dust
Packed full again just like Shaun and Spaced i love it biggrin.gif

# 4 Audio Commentaries: Commentary featuring Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, Commentary with the real fuzz, Commentary with Sandford Village People, Commentary featuring Sandford Police
# Outtakes (10m 19s)
# Theatrical Trailers & TV Spots
# The Man Who Would Be Fuzz
# Hot Funk
# Fuzz-o-meter
# Storyboards
# Flick Book: The Other Side (0m 19s)
# 22 Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (19m 50s)
# Making of Documentary
# 13 Video Blogs (Web Blogs 1-12 + The Lost Blog) (32m 20s)
# Featurettes
# Photo & Poster Galleries
# Plot Holes & Comparisons (3m 14s)
# Special Effects: Before & After (6 Scenes) (6m 0s)
# Dead Right: Edgar Wright's First Cop Movie with Filmmaker Commentaries (40m 10s): Commentary by Edgar Wright, Commentary by Nick Frost and Simon Pegg
# Am Blam: Making Dead Right (10m 26s)
Geoi
Sounds TIGHT! Hope the US dvd is the same! The blogs alone make this DVD worth so much more to me! Don't get me wrong, I'd buy it even without all that, but that's just extra awesome!
Anni
I'm drooling.

I. Am. So. Excited!
Omniscia
I guess we'll be importing that one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.