Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
frostitute
I've got you all beat - I bought Shaun of the Dead for PSP

And I'm going to buy it again on HD-DVD

That's right, two dead formats
AusChick
Let's just say we're dedicated. wink.gif
UnderSpaced
That's the perfect word for it: dedicated. Well at least better than nutter.
Anni
No... We are nutters. wink.gif Dedicated nutters.
UnderSpaced
At least we're known as something. laugh.gif
AusChick
Personally I prefer to think of myself as geek-chic
frostitute
I'm rich and have lots of money. Women, feel free to flock to my arms anytime you wish.
dolfyn
QUOTE (frostitute @ Aug 1 2007, 03:30 PM)
I'm rich and have lots of money. Women, feel free to flock to my arms anytime you wish.

If you're so rich, how come you often seem so angry (or negative), Thomas? huh.gif After all, money can buy some happiness. tongue.gif (eg. as many Hot Fuzz & SOTD DVDs as you want.)

(I'd flock to you, but there's too much of a distance & age factor!) wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
KevinandNick
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Aug 1 2007, 08:49 AM)
After all, money can buy some happiness.

Whatever happened to the phrase "we woz poor, but we woz 'appy"?

I'm poor and I'm miserable. I have said before that if I came into money, I would use it to construct a HUGE clear perspex vat, fill it with single-malt whiskey and proceed to drown myself in it. wink.gif

Kev W
AusChick
QUOTE (frostitute @ Aug 1 2007, 05:30 AM)

You're rich and you have lots of money?
That's gotta be a plus, because so often I find people are one but not the other.

QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Aug 1 2007, 09:30 AM)

I'm very tempted to launch into the Four Yorkshiremen sketch here.
dolfyn
Luxury! wink.gif

QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Aug 1 2007, 07:30 PM)

It's a load of bollocks, that's what happened to it! biggrin.gif

Feel the (money-hungry) love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
frostitute
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 1 2007, 07:34 AM)
You're rich and you have lots of money?
That's gotta be a plus, because so often I find people are one but not the other.

Just covering all the bases.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Jul 31 2007, 10:36 PM)
I'm just gonna get rid of the full screen version and get the letterboxed one later.

Done and done. Within hours someone bought it for $15. So basically, I got the extras disk for $5. I still have to get the movie itself, but I'll wait a bit for the price to go down a bit.
Miss Shazam
My copy is so very far away from me................
*sob sob* IT'S JUST NOT FAIR, DAMMIT! ohmy.gif
-------------------------------------------------------
I got a copy from BLOCKBUSTERS. It only has one fucking disc! ohmy.gif
No blogs, No deleted scenes, no Simon Muggs, theres not even any Edgar. WHY?!?!??!?!?!? ohmy.gif

AMY XXX

edit: OK, there IS outtakes........
AusChick
Get yourself a copy with all the extras Amy. It's well worth it.
You can always sell the other one. Or keep as a spare like I do tongue.gif
Omniscia
QUOTE (frostitute @ Aug 1 2007, 01:11 AM)
I've got you all beat - I bought Shaun of the Dead for PSP

And I'm going to buy it again on HD-DVD

That's right, two dead formats

Hey, at least Universal supports HD-DVD! And the UMD was strangled in its cradle...

I've got two or three copies of the trailer for Shaun on 35mm film, somewhere.

Anyway, I went to Wal-Mart, tonight, against my better judgment, and looked around for that double-pack, and was aghast that it's full screen. I can't handle that. If I'm going to spend $20 on a film, I want the best damn version I can get!

I'm just going to watch eBay for it. Or buy the pack and eBay the film.

EDIT: And now from reading DVD Talk for a while, it seems like widescreen bonus packs do exist; they're just incredibly rare and confined to larger markets. There were only four widescreen copies of the film, period, at the store here, versus about 20 of the fullscreen version.
Heff
I thought about buying the Shaun+Hot Fuzz box set, but I've 2 Shaun's already (UK release and Australian release), and the 2 disc HF.

Although... maybe I should get in touch with my inner nutter...
Omniscia
Okay, so, I just won an auction on eBay for a relatively inexpensive copy, but I'm immediately sceptical as only now do I notice it's a "used" copy, sans case or artwork. It's only been out for one day! How used could it be?

Hopefully it's legit.
thirtyhelens
It might be a check disc sent out by Universal HV.

If it is, ask the seller who I can talk to over there, because getting them to send me screeners is like pulling teeth. tongue.gif Paramount? Sugar daddies. HBO? Always have the love. Uni? Bust my non-existant balls.

* I should note that I did not ask them for a copy of Hot Fuzz. Didn't plan on it. I happily line the Pegg/Wright/Frost pockets/cuffs/pants with cash when the time comes. wink.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (Heff @ Aug 2 2007, 04:15 AM)
Although... maybe I should get in touch with my inner nutter...
You know you want to.

Join us!
Heff
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 2 2007, 04:03 PM)
Join us!

*stands up*

*shrugs*
alri'.
AusChick
hehehe
exellent

Well I have now purchased my US copy of Hot Fuzz (to go along with my two UK copies)
In only 11-16 days (average delivery time) I shall be enjoying the Fuzzball rally.
Hooray!
Anni
Me too! happy.gif Yaaaaay
AusChick
Only thing is, the delivery address is my fiance's work, and I've just realised we will be on annual leave right around the time it should be arriving sad.gif This means I'll probably have to wait until we're back to work, which is three and a half weeks away. Tooooo loooong!
dolfyn
Ah, just enjoy the anticipation, Sis. wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 2 2007, 03:44 AM)
Get yourself a copy with all the extras Amy. It's well worth it.
You can always sell the other one. Or keep as a spare like I do tongue.gif

Of course I have a 2 disc copy, silly! It's signed and everything. (Don't make me think about it!!!!!)

It's back in my hometown, and I'm stuck in Cheshunt with my dad.
Who couldn't even be bothered the crappy rental copy of HF anyway....

AMY XXX

EDIT: Of course, in no other situation or mood would I assossiate "Hot Fuzz" and "Crappy" in the same sentence...."
AusChick
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Aug 2 2007, 01:39 PM)
Ah, just enjoy the anticipation, Sis.  wink.gif

I surely shall. smile.gif

QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Aug 2 2007, 04:38 PM)
Of course I have a 2 disc copy, silly! It's signed and everything. (Don't make me think about it!!!!!)
Yeah I got one of those too. And an unsigned one. And now I've got an American (single-disc) version on its way to me too. Yay!
UnderSpaced
How many commentaries are on the Region 2 DVD? I ask because I only see one on the US DVD. I thought there were more than one commentary.
Omniscia
According to DVDCompare, who have only taken the R2 into account at this point, there are four:

Audio commentary by director/co-writer Edgar Wright and actor/co-writer Simon Pegg
Audio commentary with "The Sandford Police Department" (featuring actors Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Olivia Coleman, Kevin Eldon, Rafe Spall, and Jim Broadbent)
Audio commentary with "The Sanford Villagers" (featuring actors Edward Woodward, Timothy Dalton, Kenneth Cranham, and Paul Freeman)
Audio commentary with real police officers and advisors Nick and Andy
thirtyhelens
The one with just Edgar and Simon is the one that is included on the single-disc Region 1 version. If you purchase the Wal-Mart edition or the HD-DVD, you will get the other three as well.
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 2 2007, 11:15 PM)
Yeah I got one of those too. And an unsigned one. And now I've got an American (single-disc) version on its way to me too. Yay!

Quit bragging!!! tongue.gif

--------------------------------
Plus, am I right in remembering Edgar said "I love you"
on your signed one? That REALLY made my one
seem rubbish. He only said "Amy, you're so naughty!"
on mine. Well, he said some other stuff, but that was the best part!
I was skipping around the HMV saying "He called naughty!!! hehehe!!!"

AMY XXX
dolfyn
QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Aug 4 2007, 04:50 AM)
Quit bragging!!!  tongue.gif
on your signed one? That REALLY made my one
seem rubbish. He only said "Amy, you're so naughty!"
on mine. Well, he said some other stuff, but that was the best part!
I was skipping around the HMV saying "He called naughty!!! hehehe!!!"
AMY XXX

Hey, mine was even more generic than that! rolleyes.gif He addressed it to me, but his message was, "You Aussies rock!". But I'm still chuffed as anything that he & Nick signed one for me at all! cool.gif

Now, if I could only get a chance to have Simon sign it as well.... wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Aug 3 2007, 06:50 PM)
Quit bragging!!!  tongue.gif
on your signed one?
How can I answer that question without bragging? wink.gif

But in all honesty I think any signature from any of the boys is something to be treasured!
When they signed my Spaced box set it was signatures only, no messages. (it was a pretty rushed signing) But I still absolutely love it!

And yes, Edgar did write "I love you" on my Hot Fuzz DVD, for which I shall be eternally grateful.
It still gives me a warm and (appropriately enough) fuzzy feeling inside whenever I look at it biggrin.gif
Bless him.
Miss Shazam
Fuzzy. Good one. wink.gif

I do love my signings, don't get me wrong. They were a
little personal caption of the moment. Oh what a magical moment...
But you two had the advantage of being Aussies. EVERYBODY loves Aussies.
My copy of SPACED was just rush-signed too.
I still sleep with it under my pillow, lol.
I sort of decided it was a good thing from my end that Simon wasn't at the signing. He would have stolen the show a bit. And I can stalk him any day............
But it's not enough that he loves you, is it? You have to go and buy three slightly different copies shipped from everywhere. It's as if you WANT me to be jealous.

AMY XXX
AusChick
I wont be happy until I own everything in the world
(and have it all signed by Edgar, Nick or Simon)

But you should be pleased that you were there when Edgar signed your DVD.
I was on the other side of the planet while he was signing mine (although possibly this is a good thing because if he'd written "I love you" while I was standing there I would have quite definately passed out!)

Does everyone really love Aussies?
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 4 2007, 07:48 AM)
Does everyone really love Aussies?

Name someone you know who doen't. tongue.gif

AMY XXX
AusChick
Other Aussies?
curtinparloe
I've now met Edgar twice, and each time had a quick chat, but still haven't had or even remembered to ask for an autograph.

To be honest, I'm rubbish at autographs anyway, having only The Grumbleweeds' signatures from my 9th birthday.
mcraigclark
Nic screen-capped a glimpse of me from off the US DVD:

Omniscia
Lucky sod.
thirtyhelens
I guess it's only fair I post the photo of our LA contingent, as well. tongue.gif

laugh.gif
frostitute
Looking at the snap of Craig, it's not a very clear picture, but with where Craig is pointed, I'm gonna guess I'm about... here

mcraigclark
I couldn't remember if you were between the two white shirts or to the right of the left-most one. In any case, you're right there.
AusChick
Hooray for the LA crew!
Nice work gang biggrin.gif
dandan
QUOTE (dvdactive)
Title: Hot Fuzz
Starring: Simon Pegg
Released: 27th November 2007
SRP: $34.98

Further Details:
Universal has announced a brand new 3-Disc Collector's Edition of Hot Fuzz which stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. The set will be available to own from the 27th November, and should retail at around $34.98 or thereabouts. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 EX tracks. The artwork hasn't been revealed for this one yet, but we'll bring you that very shortly. For now though, here's the full rundown on each of the discs:

Disc One
Commentary with Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright
Commentary with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent, Rafe Spall, Kevin Eldon & Olivia Colman
Commentary with Kenneth Cranham, Timothy Dalton, Paul Freeman & Edward Woodward
Commentary with The Real Fuzz - Any Leafe & Nick Eckland
Commentary with Edgar Wright & Guest
Outtakes
Storyboards
Fuzz-O-Meter (Trivia Track)
Inadmissible: Deleted Scenes
Fuzz-O-Meter
Danny's Notebook
Hot Funk
Theatrical Trailer
UK TV Spot 1
UK TV Spot 2
Director's Cut Trailer

Disc Two
We Made Hot Fuzz
Art Department
Friends & Family
Cranks, Cranes & Controlled Chaos
Here Come the Fuzz
Return to Sandford
Edgar & Simon's Flip Chart
Simon Muggs
Sergeant Fisher's Perfect Sunday
Plot Holes
Special Effects: Before & After
Video Blogs
Poster Gallery
Photo Gallery
AM Blam: Making 'Dead Right'
Dead Right (1993)
Edgar Wright Director's Commentary on Dead Right
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Commentary on Dead Right

Disc Three
The Extended Fuzzball Rally
Video Blogs
frostitute
WHAT? Hahahahahahaha!

You are kidding me.

Guess it pays to wait laugh.gif
Anni
What the.......

rolleyes.gif
soundsofdespair
I fucking knew it!!
AusChick
OK - so let me check...

Given that I already have the Region 1 & Region 2 versions, the only stuff which is new is that there is an extra commentary (any theories about who the "guest" might be?) and that it has the extended fuzzball rally. Is that right?

Anyone know how extended the Fuzzball rally is? I know Joe said he had something like 3 hrs of footage all up.

Oh friggen hell. I already have three copies of this movie. My fiance already raised an eyebrow when I said I was ordering the US version. If I have to buy another copy he's going to flip!
mcraigclark
I hate this kind of double-dipping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.