Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Region DVDs
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
Rebus
Ok, so I get the Spaced Collector's Edition for my birthday from Amazon, and it's a Region 2 whereas here in Aus we can only play region 4. It won't play on my ps2 needless to say, but I'm curious as to why it wouldn't play on my computer, there can't be a regional issue there can there? Especially sine I got my computer delivered from the UK back to here. Anyone?
widowspider
Your computer may already be set to Region 2, but even if it isn't you usually can change the region to play the DVD. You can usually change it back to Region 4 afterwards, but you only get a limited number of times to do it.

You can also get a hack for a Playstation I think, but I'm not sure. You can definitely hack a number of DVD players very easily so that's another option.
Raven
If it works like mine, the moment you put in a disk from a different region it will ask you if you want to change your settings, but as Widdy said, you can only do this a limited number of times.
dolfyn
Really, it's just better to get yourself a region-free DVD player & be done with it. wink.gif I still have & use my first DVD player, & I made sure I got one that could play all regions. Somehow, I knew I may end up getting DVD's from overseas. wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 23 2007, 12:32 PM)
Ok, so I get the Spaced Collector's Edition for my birthday from Amazon, and it's a Region 2 whereas here in Aus we can only play region 4.  It won't play on my ps2 needless to say, but I'm curious as to why it wouldn't play on my computer, there can't be a regional issue there can there?  Especially sine I got my computer delivered from the UK back to here.  Anyone?

As Widdy said, it maybe already switched to that region. Sometimes, region 9 allows you to play all regions but that maybe only on dvd players.

I picked up a multiregion player very cheap on Amazon. It was a great buy and i've never looked back.

Sefi x
AusChick
We bought our DVD player quite a long time ago (must be like 6 or 7 years now I think) and I remember my bf being very insistent about us getting one which was region-free.

At the time I couldn't understand what the big deal was, but now I bless him for his forsight.
We have somewhere in the realms of 200-300 DVDs and I would guess that probably a third of those have been imported from the UK!
Raven
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Mar 23 2007, 02:35 PM)
I picked up a multiregion player very cheap on Amazon.  It was a great buy and i've never looked back.

Was it a Sony player by chance?
R3Dl2ULZ
get AnyDVD. removes region codes from dvds on your pc so your computer thinks the dvd is regionless. works great. you get a 21 day free trial where you can then choose to buy it or choose a less legal method.
mcraigclark
Try dvd43. It's free to download and has been really good for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.