Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone got the new Redman album?
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Music
Jimmy Green
Not seen many hip hop threads (or heads) on here..... anyone else bought the new Redman album?
Ringcoirewen
I read the title of the thread and thought you meant Matt Redman, Christian songwriter. laugh.gif

Sorry to be of no actual use to you. smile.gif
Jimmy Green
QUOTE (Ringcoirewen @ Mar 28 2007, 09:15 PM)
I read the title of the thread and thought you meant Matt Redman, Christian songwriter. laugh.gif

Sorry to be of no actual use to you. smile.gif

hahahahahahaha
biggrin.gif

LEGEND
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (Jimmy Green @ Mar 28 2007, 10:19 PM)
LEGEND

Me, or Matt Redman?
Jimmy Green
QUOTE (Ringcoirewen @ Mar 28 2007, 09:22 PM)
Me, or Matt Redman?

You, you legend!

That made me laugh. No mean feat at the minute.

I'm not familiar with Mr Redman's output. But I'd be interested to compare one of his more recent tracks with Redman (the rapper)'s track "Fuck The Security"...
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Jimmy Green @ Mar 28 2007, 10:11 PM)
Not seen many hip hop threads (or heads) on here

I imagine those that are don't really like Redman...
Jimmy Green
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 28 2007, 09:37 PM)

Could be.
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (Jimmy Green @ Mar 28 2007, 10:30 PM)
You, you legend!

That made me laugh. No mean feat at the minute.

I'm not familiar with Mr Redman's output. But I'd be interested to compare one of his more recent tracks with Redman (the rapper)'s track "Fuck The Security"...

You made me smile. Thank ye. smile.gif

Oh, and... laugh.gif
Jimmy Green
QUOTE (Ringcoirewen @ Mar 28 2007, 09:45 PM)
You made me smile. Thank ye. smile.gif

No probs! biggrin.gif
jeffjeffington
I like Redman, but I havent heard the new cd though, The song "Pick It Up" off the CD Muddy Waters is dope.
Jubei
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 28 2007, 10:37 PM)

I quite like Redman. I don't have any Redman albums, but I do have Blackout, which is him and Methodman. That's a good album, but I haven't listened to it in a long time.
bigfatrich
I too have Blackout and have not listened to it for years. From what I remember, he was a more grimey, shouty rapper (cf Oynx).

TBH, I've moved away from rap at the moment, there doesn't seem to be any good stuff comin out at the moment. The things I have on my Amazon wishlist are older albums from Wu-Tang members and associates.

Having said that, some of the UK stuff, not hip-hop is it? Is pretty fresh. Channelu.tv for those wanting a gander.
maian
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Apr 4 2007, 02:59 PM)
Having said that, some of the UK stuff, not hip-hop is it? Is pretty fresh.  Channelu.tv for those wanting a gander.

I dunno, the grime scene seems to be fizzling out a bit, especially since no one has really broken out from it since Dizzee Rascal's debut. Wiley showed some real promise but his retirement put paid to him really doing anything worthwhile.

Akira the Don might produce something really spectacular, and Dizzee's new album is out in June, but the main problem with British hip-hop is that no one tries to move too far away from America in terms of production. There's some innovation, but most MCs and producers never really try and push things.
Jubei
QUOTE (maian @ Apr 4 2007, 03:09 PM)
the main problem with British hip-hop is that no one tries to move too far away from America in terms of production. There's some innovation, but most MCs and producers never really try and push things.

That doesn't mean there isn't some interesting stuff coming out though. I too haven't been listening to Rap that much in the last few years, but what I have been listening to is mostly J5, Pharcyde, The Infesticons... what I think of as the light-hearted side of Rap.
EDIT: A quick inter-search tells me that Saul Williams is actually one of the Infesticons. So there's something for you.
maian
I'm not saying that there's nothing interesting coming out of the scene, just not a lot is, especially considering how much talent there is out there that is never fully realised.
baking
I havent liked anything redman's done since Docs Da Name

I thought Malpractice and the 2 Ill at will mixtapes were weak, didnt really like Blackout much either.

not heard this new album though so I cant judge it (yet). It might be better because theres a pete rock track on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.