Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't Miss (on TV)
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sostie
Don't think this is anywhere else. Just a little thread to point out any upcoming shows/movies on TV that you'd recommend people catch...

First up - Freebie & The Bean. This weekend on the BBC I think. The daddy of all cop buddy movies starring the super douper double-whammy of Alan Arkin & James Caan. Do not miss!
logger
Running Scared BBC 1 12:20 tonight. Gregory Hines & Billy Crystal in best buddy cop film before Hot Fuzz. You have 25 minutes people!
DOD-MDK
Don't miss tonight at 2:25 am on BBC1 Beat the Bailiff.

Well I do not have a clue what this is seeing as I live in the states. But I would venture a guess that it has something to do with masturbation. and masturbation is fun isnt it kiddies.
Sostie
QUOTE (logger @ Apr 18 2007, 10:55 PM)
Running Scared BBC 1 12:20 tonight. Gregory Hines & Billy Crystal in best buddy cop film before Hot Fuzz. You have 25 minutes people!

Wrong! biggrin.gif

Freebie & The Bean. This weekend on the BBC I think. The daddy of all cop buddy movies starring the super douper double-whammy of Alan Arkin & James Caan. Do not miss!
logger
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 19 2007, 11:47 AM)
Wrong!  biggrin.gif

Two words; Mr Tap.
Sostie
QUOTE (logger @ Apr 19 2007, 11:20 AM)
Two words; Mr Tap.

4 words: The Wrath of Caan
logger
Tonight in the UK, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot on channel five at 11.05pm.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (logger @ Aug 4 2008, 07:24 PM)
Tonight in the UK, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot on channel five at 11.05pm.

Sadly it overlaps with the last five minutes of The Wire on FX.
dandan
i love 'thunderbolt and lightfoot', it's super ace...
bigfatrich
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 4 2008, 07:02 PM)
Sadly it overlaps with the last five minutes of The Wire on FX.

Another good episode. I was thinking that it was a bit of a plodder for the opening 10 mins, but then it got into its stride and all is well in Bodymore again!
I do think the McNulty story is a bit weak at the moment, though. It's clear why it's happening, but there's no real bite to it and is, seemingly, being played for laughs.

Omar's back and he's going to be pissed!
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Aug 5 2008, 07:54 AM)
I do think the McNulty story is a bit weak at the moment, though.  It's clear why it's happening, but there's no real bite to it and is, seemingly, being played for laughs.

True. I chuckled a lot at his attempts to get his fellow 'tec to remember the previous case with a red ribbon and LOL'ed when he and Lester were plotting and he said 'We have to kill again!'

And I share your joy at your spoilered comment.
logger
Teeth is on the horror channel tomorrow night. I've not seen it so I'm not exactly recommending it to anybody, I'm just putting this here so I don't forget to watch it.
Zoe
Bit advanced warning, but VERY exciting preview for Colin's show

Zimbani *UK Premiere*
Friday 4th June, 10.50pm
His name is Zimbani. Remember him.

He’s the world’s greatest supervillain and his devilish schemes and ruthless lust for power is now coming to a television screen very soon. This month in fact.

Get. Behind. Sofa. Now.

For the first time on UK television, this maniacal master of evil will be seen in public. Zimbani hunters Lanarkos and Chester have finally tracked him down to Africa, and have dodged lions and other large furry things to challenge his superiority.

What the hell are we taking about? Zimbani is a 10-minute short starring none other than The Mighty Boosh’s international man of mystery, Julian Barratt, as the great man himself. We’ve scoured the country for the best new, young comic talent, and show creators Colin Hoult and David McNeil (also appearing as Lanarkos and Chester) have come up trumps with their debut comic creation.

Yes, we’re dedicated to new talent here at Dave, and Zimbani is a winning pastiche of classics like The Man From U.N.C.L.E. with extra kitsch value.

Distracted in their mission and captured by Zimbani himself, Zanarkos and Chester’s relationship soon unravels after they’re faced with their doom. Chester wears Zanarkos’ dead mother’s hat, Zanarkos falls in love with him. It’s that weird.

Calling all fans of The Mighty Boosh, this one’s for you.
Ade
Sounds fantastic. If I actually had any channels I'd give it a look-see. Torrents it is, then.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 23 2010, 01:14 PM) *
Bit advanced warning, but VERY exciting preview for Colin's show

Zimbani *UK Premiere*
Friday 4th June, 10.50pm
His name is Zimbani. Remember him.

He’s the world’s greatest supervillain and his devilish schemes and ruthless lust for power is now coming to a television screen very soon. This month in fact.

Get. Behind. Sofa. Now.

For the first time on UK television, this maniacal master of evil will be seen in public. Zimbani hunters Lanarkos and Chester have finally tracked him down to Africa, and have dodged lions and other large furry things to challenge his superiority.

What the hell are we taking about? Zimbani is a 10-minute short starring none other than The Mighty Boosh’s international man of mystery, Julian Barratt, as the great man himself. We’ve scoured the country for the best new, young comic talent, and show creators Colin Hoult and David McNeil (also appearing as Lanarkos and Chester) have come up trumps with their debut comic creation.

Yes, we’re dedicated to new talent here at Dave, and Zimbani is a winning pastiche of classics like The Man From U.N.C.L.E. with extra kitsch value.

Distracted in their mission and captured by Zimbani himself, Zanarkos and Chester’s relationship soon unravels after they’re faced with their doom. Chester wears Zanarkos’ dead mother’s hat, Zanarkos falls in love with him. It’s that weird.

Calling all fans of The Mighty Boosh, this one’s for you.

I might send my script off to Dave.

I think Zeden reccomended I do that.
Zoe
Don't forget about the Zimbani mini-pilot.

The DVD is on my coffee table - exciting!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 28 2010, 02:08 PM) *
Don't forget about the Zimbani mini-pilot.

The DVD is on my coffee table - exciting!

I am.... something-ing with excitement.
Raven
The Big Bang Theory, 11pm on C4 tonight. If you haven't seen sleep deprived Sheldon, it's hilarious!
ella
Bazinga!
Raven
^ Indeed!

Have you seen this?
Outatime
Was that the ball pit one? I watched that on 4oD last Friday, I'm starting to get into The Big Bang Theory although I've missed a lot and Virgin got rid of series 2 from their on demand service sad.gif
monkeyman
I saw season 1&2 in HMV for £10.99 the other day. Not bad.
Raven
QUOTE (Outatime @ Jun 3 2010, 12:54 PM) *
Was that the ball pit one?

Yes.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 3 2010, 03:11 PM) *
I saw season 1&2 in HMV for £10.99 the other day. Not bad.

Each or for both series together?
monkeyman
Both together. But I can't find it online so I dunno if it was somewhere else/my made up world
Raven
^ I shall check tomorrow, thanks for the tip-off!
ella
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 2 2010, 09:35 PM) *

Want.

Although I pretty much want everything on that site.
Zoe
I am SO EXCITED about Sherlock

Moffat! Gatiss! Cumberbatch! and SHERLOCK FRIGGIN' HOLMES!

Amazing
PrincessKate
I heart Cumberbatch.
Zoe
I love everything about that programme.

If it's rubbish I will cry my little eyes out.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 13 2010, 01:11 PM) *

Amazing

I want to see this. Don't stress, Zozi-lambs - all the signs are good!
Zoe
*faints with excitement*
Everlong
I didn't know it was on so soon. Looking forward to it. I like Sherlock Holmes stuff, though I am ashamed to say I've not read any of the books, I got interested in it after the Jeremy Brett series when I was a kid.

Really should read some of the books someday.

I'm sure with Moffat and Gatiss in charge, it will be great. They're really excited about it at least.
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 13 2010, 01:11 PM) *

Amazing

Have you not seen the trailer? (the generic BBC drama coming soon trailer that is).
Zoe
Yes

I am just generally excited
Raven
BBC Four tonight, at 9.00pm In Their Own Words: British Novelists looks like it might be pretty good. They are taking the period 1945 to 1969 and featured authors include Tolkien, Golding, Wyndham and Le Carré.

It's also followed by the woeful Howard Keel version of The Day of the Triffids!
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 23 2010, 07:06 PM) *
It's also followed by the woeful Howard Keel version of The Day of the Triffids!

It's almost as appalling as the recent BBC version.

Stick with the 1981 BBC adaptation.
Raven
Coming this October, Sue Perkin's dressed as Barbara Good from her new series with Giles Coren: Giles and Sue Live the Good Life.

Works for me!
logger
She's not got the bum for it.
melzilla
Yess!
Raven
Last episode of The Deep tonight, I wouldn't want anyone to miss it.
logger
Cocaine Cowboys on More 4 tonight at 10 is very good if you like that kind of thing.
Raven
Doctor Who Prom on BBC Three this evening at 8.30pm!
PrincessKate
I made a noise when the Cyberman appeared. I am lame.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 6 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Doctor Who Prom on BBC Three this evening at 8.30pm!

Extended version on Friday!

I caught a little bit during the Corrie ad break. Isn't Matt Smith brilliant?
Raven
I liked the vampire fish girl who forgot to be scary and just went with the pouty/sexy look.

One for the Dads, I'll wager.
Everlong
Recorded it, but flicking through I saw a bit with Smith running about in costume with some sort of flashy sci-fi prop.

Quickly switched over as I didn't want to spoil it, I'll probably watch it tomorrow!
gulfcoast_highwayman
Tonight BBC 4 is having a bit of a Rugby League night.

They are showing a documentary celebrating Eddie Waring, showing the magnificent 1978 Challenge Cup Final, and showing 'This Sporting Life', the brilliant film about a professional rugby league player. Directed by Lindsay Anderson, it's well worth a watch.

Eddie Waring is not well liked amongst die hard RL fans. Despite him increasing the profile of the game, many find his parochial commentary dragged the game down. I tend to agree. It's a trend the beeb are happy to continue by employing the woeful Ray French.
logger
This whole RL night is seeming a bit patronising and half hearted. It would have been good if they could have made something about the sport as it is now. Anyway, I'm off out to fly me whippets, I just have to go and get me flat cap.
sweetbutinsane
There's a Derren Brown show on C4 tonight at 10pm called "Hero at 30,000 Feet". Looks like it might be an interesting watch.
logger
That all seemed a bit shenanigany.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.