Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I have the same knife as used on-screen
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
loscha
I won't know for certain until I get the DVD, or see it again, but, the three times I've seen HF already, I'm pretty sure of it.

Image of My Knife Here

It is an Opinel brand knife, from France.
Mine was given to me by an old guy who lives next door to me here in Melbourne. He worked through europe in his youth.

If it is the same, I'll sell it as "Screen Used Prop" on eBay and raise money for St Vinnies or a big piss up for all the spaced outers.

Oh yeah, for those in Australia: My sister-in-law saw Jaffa Cakes in Aldi the other day. Aldi brand ones, not the real ones.

Update:
Turns out Opinel is a common brand in Europe - but less seen elsewhere.

**Feel less Special**

goes and plays with 2 many knives
empathy-with-beast
Opinel is a very common knife brand in Europe, it'd used by sailors a lot.

Opinel-wiki.
loscha
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Apr 10 2007, 11:41 AM)
Opinel is a very common knife brand in Europe, it'd used by sailors a lot.

Opinel-wiki.

They aren't common in Australia.
Damn Wiki, I thought I'd looked in there, must have typo-d.
R3Dl2ULZ
doesnt stop it being cool. just lowers the value tongue.gif. you could still use the knife to fund a Spaced-Out piss up. just hold someone up with it
dolfyn
As long as you don't use the knife at the Spaced-Out piss-up!! unsure.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
loscha
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Apr 10 2007, 07:38 PM)
As long as you don't use the knife at the Spaced-Out piss-up!!  unsure.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

Heh, no, no drunken violence takes place upon any person about my person.
Inanimate objects have suffered, though.
I once crushed a broken CD cover which displeased me.
KevinandNick
QUOTE (loscha @ Apr 10 2007, 01:33 AM)
Oh yeah, for those in Australia: My sister-in-law saw Jaffa Cakes in Aldi the other day. Aldi brand ones, not the real ones.

They have Aldi in Australia?!? Oh, Jesus, I'm SO sorry.

Was planning on sending Gen some of their own-brand Jaffa Cakes - bloody glad I didn't now, as it would have made me look like a cheap bastard! LOL! laugh.gif

Kev W
frostitute
We have an Aldi store here, is it a general cheap-brand store like the one here?
Jessopjessopjessop
It's fine, it's all fine.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 14 2007, 09:46 PM)
It's fine, it's all fine.

I like Lidl for cheapness and strange Dutch products. I guess that is why it is so cheap.

Sefi x
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 14 2007, 10:52 PM)
I like Lidl for cheapness and strange Dutch products.  I guess that is why it is so cheap.

I used to buy bacon at Lidl. Nothing else, just bacon. My friend Benet bought fruit juice there, the tropical stuff.

I'm going to start a thread about fruit juice.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 14 2007, 09:56 PM)
I used to buy bacon at Lidl. Nothing else, just bacon.

Mounds of bacon. Strange for a veggie but you could put it other uses. Tempting cats is one.

My friend Benet bought fruit juice there, the tropical stuff.

I'm going to start a thread about fruit juice.

Do it! I like buying something called "Orangensaft" in Lidl. It's tasty.

I bet you can't get a big sailor's knife in Lidl. They are missing a trick.

Sefi x
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 14 2007, 11:10 PM)
Mounds of bacon.  Strange for a veggie but you could put it other uses.  Tempting cats is one. 

That was in the days before the dark vegetarian times. I used to stir-fry a Sainsbury's turkey breast because they were cheap. I also used to watch Twin Peaks with cherry pie and cream.

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 14 2007, 11:10 PM)
Do it!  I like buying something called "Orangensaft" in Lidl.  It's tasty.

That's the bitch. They call everything 'saft' in Europe. I haven't spoken to Benet in a while. He lives in the country.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 14 2007, 10:14 PM)
That was in the days before the dark vegetarian times. I used to stir-fry a Sainsbury's turkey breast because they were cheap. I also used to watch Twin Peaks with cherry pie and cream.

Ahh - i am not veggie but meat is seeming less and less appealing now. I suspect it's origins. Spinach is less creepy, isn't it?

Pie and Peak! A novel viewing idea. I maybe will try it myself. Hmmm.

They call everything 'saft' in Europe. I haven't spoken to Benet in a while. He lives in the country.

Saft i assume means 'juice' or 'drink' in a hibblybibbly tongue or other. My term there.

You should have a chat with your country friend. People in the country usually have an opinion about fences. Maybe that could be an opener for you.

Sefi x
Dorf
It's German, I done did do it at school.
widowspider
Every time I click on a thread, Mossop/Jessop has been in here posting drunken hilarities.

This is a fun Saturday night.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 14 2007, 10:36 PM)
Every time I click on a thread, Mossop/Jessop has been in here posting drunken hilarities.

Messop.

Arf.

This is a fun Saturday night.

This and Diver Dan. I'm so spoiled today, you should all call me 'Princess'.

Sefi x
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.