Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is shaun of the dead the same universe as spaced?
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Shaun of the Dead
Automission
I say this since shaun of the dead had yvonne, all characters from spaced, etc. Zombie tyres mainly. On the commentary edgar and simon both say when yvonne and shaun meet, they joke its tim and daisy meeting again, but with changed names. So, do you think its the same universe, they just changed their names due to a failed relationship perhaps?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Automission @ Apr 18 2007, 09:43 PM)
So, do you think its the same universe, they just changed their names due to a failed relationship perhaps?

And still Tim can't drive.
Zoe
If people really did change names because of failed relationships, my life would be very confusing by now.

More confusing.
empathy-with-beast
If this were the case it would be like the way in which the same people play different characters in Kevin Smith's Viewaskewniverse rather than Shaun actually being Tim. But Tyres aside I don't see any evidence to substantiate this theory.
Azwald
Judging by my knowledge of special features, interviews and general hearsay, my guess is that it is not the same universe. That all the characters that are shown in Shaun that have the same actors as Spaced are just easter eggs (tyres) designed for loyal Spaced fans who watched Shaun, references to Spaced, or the fact that they have worked so closely with the actors before (Nick, Edgar and Simon are obviously a team, an Jessica Stevenson worked closely with them).
Mad Dog of Glory
I see it as being an adjacent universe- close enough that there are similar interactions amongst people (mike, tim:: ed,shaun), but unique enough that personal choices have some say, hence different names.

Although- Daisy's mom was clearly not Marsha... so I guess my theory just went tits up....

quantum physics isn't my bag anyway
StrangeIsMeteorStreet
Its not the same universe..
But its fun to think of it like that, but it gets a real tiny bit confusing.
However, I think people can see it how they want.
sapphirejedi
QUOTE (Mad Dog of Glory @ Jun 5 2007, 08:33 PM)
Although-  Daisy's mom was clearly not Marsha... so I guess my theory just went tits up....

quantum physics isn't my bag anyway

Daisy and Marsha weren't mother and daughter, but Jess did do the voice of Amber wink.gif Maybe Shaun is Bizarro Tim and Ed is Bizarro Mike, like on Seinfeld LoL
StrangeIsMeteorStreet
QUOTE (sapphirejedi @ Jul 10 2007, 01:56 AM)
Maybe Shaun is Bizarro Tim and Ed is Bizarro Mike, like on Seinfeld LoL

Isn't that what this thread is about?
Whether the characters are supposed to be perhaps in the same universe but with different names or something..I dunno..
Nah. tongue.gif
sapphirejedi
Perfectly aware of the subject matter of this thread. Just enjoy saying Bizarro. If it's a crime, I'll do the time wacko.gif tongue.gif
Birdhouse
I'd say it was a similar universe but clearly not the same one. I mean think of Mike, and then think of Ed. They are two totally different people, really.

"Nick Frost is going to be trouble, but he's just so damn talented."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.