Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bill Bailey: Tinselworm
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
Pages: 1, 2
Spider Dijon

Just to let everyone know, the tickets for Bill Baileys new tour come on sale on Thursday the 26th of April. Though tickets can be got now directly through Bill Bailey's Website.

So far the dates avaliable are all november 2007 and the venues are:

9th Glasgow (Clyde Auditorium)
10th Newcastle (Metro Radio Arena)
14th Sheffield (Arena)
16th Manchester (Arena)
17th Nottingham (Arena)
21st Cardiff (Arena)
23rd Birmingham (NIA)
24th Bournemouth (BIC - Windsor Hall)
27th Brighton (Centre)
29th Wembley (Arena)

Please note that it is now not possible to get tickets for Bournemouth via the website and they must now be obtained when the tickets go on sale to the general public on the 26th.

I've got my ticket already biggrin.gif - Horay for Wembley (I never thought I'd say that)!
NiteFall
Hmm. Nothing in Edinburgh. I wonder if he'll be doing a run at the festival this year? Caught him last year with Beergut 100, who were quite brilliant.
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Apr 21 2007, 10:50 AM)
Hmm. Nothing in Edinburgh. I wonder if he'll be doing a run at the festival this year? Caught him last year with Beergut 100, who were quite brilliant.

Go to Glasgow then, thats what? Half an hour/an hour by train?
sarkybarker
I've just moved away from bloody Bournemouth! mad.gif

Here's hoping he adds a south west date.

Edit - and even that's sold out. Holy shit.
Atara
It can't be sold out the tickets are not on sale yet. General release on 26th of this Month, just the first batch of tickets will be gone, the ones sold on his site only.
CazBag
I've got a ticket for the Wembley one too. It should be fantastic! biggrin.gif
The Part Troll tour he did was brilliant ... I stopped breathing at one stage I was laughing so much. laugh.gif
Spider Dijon
Ah biggrin.gif I didn't get to see the Part Troll tour live, what a privelage you had! I got to work on the last thing he did though, when he did the Cosmic Shindig with the BBC Concert Orchestra for comic relief I worked on that, got to have a chat with him and did alot of work as library assistant. Upside: something really great on my CV that I'm proud of! laugh.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Apr 22 2007, 11:45 AM)
I got to work on the last thing he did though, when he did the Cosmic Shindig with the BBC Concert Orchestra for comic relief I worked on that, got to have a chat with him and did alot of work as library assistant. Upside: something really great on my CV that I'm proud of!  laugh.gif

Wow, what a fantastic experience you had! Well done you!!! Definitely a great addition to your CV!

BTW, when you ordered your ticket through Bill's site, did you get told where you'd be sitting/standing? Ususally those ordering sites say but it just said 'general admission' when I got a confirmation through.
Spider Dijon
Yeah likewise, just general admission I'm afraid. I hope it's not a: We open the doors in two minutes, fight to the death for seats...I don't want to have to hurt people again laugh.gif
Omniscia
I hope Bill comes to Montreal sometime soon. I'd go in a heartbeat if they booked him for the Just For Laughs festival.
CazBag
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Apr 22 2007, 06:35 PM)
Yeah likewise, just general admission I'm afraid. I hope it's not a: We open the doors in two minutes, fight to the death for seats...I don't want to have to hurt people again  laugh.gif

Oh yeah that would be bad. I'm sure that would just cause far too much chaos. Hopefully they'll be allocated. Otherwise it's stick your elbows out looking like a chicken and then barge and bundle!!! laugh.gif
zeden
Should be seeing this thanks to the lovely Hayleigh. I gather there may be a few other forum members planning to attend that show...
Atara
Lou is coming, and her fella and some mates and then a whole bunch of others we know not from here.
hardcorepigeon
Ive been well 'grr' at this...i wanted to get tickets straight away as soon as i got the email saying he was touring...and even tho they are on sale...i have no money until pay day tomororw...ah well...money goes in my bank about 2am so will buy some them.

Also General Admission (according to the FAQ's) means that we will have allocated seats, we just wont know what they are until we get the tickets..but they will be good smile.gif

Tickets are labelled 'General Admission' but you will be allocated seats on a first come first served basis and will always get the best seats available at each venue at the time of booking. Your tickets, when sent to you, will include information on your allocated seat numbers.

Why isnt it november yet?
CazBag
QUOTE (hardcorepigeon @ Apr 24 2007, 09:59 AM)
Also General Admission (according to the FAQ's) means that we will have allocated seats, we just wont know what they are until we get the tickets..but they will be good smile.gif

That's good news! Thanks for that HCP!!! smile.gif
Spider Dijon
Hey according to the website we've been allocated the best seats! Depending on when we booked them it's from the stage going back. So, fantastic.
hardcorepigeon
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Apr 25 2007, 07:53 AM)
Hey according to the website we've been allocated the best seats! Depending on when we booked them it's from the stage going back. So, fantastic.

woo!...got my tickets...now only have to wait 6 months to actually recieve them.

Yay! going to see bill bailey!!!

Plus get to team it with an afternoon out in Newcastle..which i always enjoy.
Atara
Yup

If you still haven't bought tickets for Tinselworm then you had better get your skates on, as they will be on general sale from Thursday onwards, and all the lovely pre-allocated seats will be available for John Q. Public to get his mitts on.

The tickets are labelled General Admission, but this does not mean that you will have to stand. Website members have been allocated some of the best seats, and these will be handed out on a first come first served basis – working from the stage outwards.

And although the Birmingham NIA released tickets early, this has not affected the pre-allocated seats, which are still available. Also, Cardiff Arena has made a clerical error, and Bill definitely will be playing there on the 21st of November.

If you have any difficulties purchasing tickets, or do not receive a confirmation e-mail, then you should contact the ticket helpline on 08700 428580. This number should only be used for calls related to pre-sales ticket purchases being made via the website. You can also find information on ticket sales in the FAQ section of the ticket booking system.

Don't worry if the pre-sale tickets sell out - additional tickets will be available from the venues and usual ticket outlets from Thursday.

Finally, there is also a chance that further dates will be added to the existing schedule, so be sure to check back for news of this.

and there are more there for Bournemouth now
Ade
I shall hopefully be booking tickets to the Bournemouth gig tomorrow.
melzilla
Thanks for the heads up Hayleigh! Hopefully I will be at Manchester, if its half as good as the Part Troll show it will be well worth it, my friend and I went all the way down to London for the weekend just to see it! rolleyes.gif
Ade
QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 26 2007, 12:10 AM)
I shall hopefully be booking tickets to the Bournemouth gig tomorrow.

Why the hell did I type 'Bournemouth'? I meant Birmingham. I could have sworn I typed Birmingham last night.

Anyway, I've now ordered tickets for Birmingham. At least I hope it was Birmingham.

Hooray!
Atara
Awesome! Bill Bailey FTW
Jimmay
QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 26 2007, 08:35 AM)
Why the hell did I type 'Bournemouth'? I meant Birmingham. I could have sworn I typed Birmingham last night.

Anyway, I've now ordered tickets for Birmingham. At least I hope it was Birmingham.

Hooray!

I'll be there as well Ade. I feel a Spaced-Out pint coming on. Maybe the Flapper and Firkin seeing as it's spitting distance from the NIA. (FACT! I've tried it)
Ade
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Apr 26 2007, 12:36 PM)
I'll be there as well Ade. I feel a Spaced-Out pint coming on. Maybe the Flapper and Firkin seeing as it's spitting distance from the NIA. (FACT! I've tried it)

That would be brill. I'll have to check with my friends what they are planning on doing, but I dare say that will be fine. Although I've already nominated myself as designated driver. I did the last run to NEC, so I'm sure I can talk myself out of it again so I can have a brewski!

Ace. This week is going well plastic.

edit: I forgot to write what I came here to post: according to Bilbo's website, Manchester Evening News Arena, Bournemouth BIC (Windsor Hall) and Wembley Arena are already sold out. You'll need to try elsewhere if you want those venues, folks!
Jimmay
QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 26 2007, 11:44 AM)
That would be brill. I'll have to check with my friends what they are planning on doing, but I dare say that will be fine. Although I've already nominated myself as designated driver. I did the last run to NEC, so I'm sure I can talk myself out of it again so I can have a brewski!

Ace. This week is going well plastic.
edit: I forgot to write what I came here to post: according to Bilbo's website, Manchester Evening News Arena, Bournemouth BIC (Windsor Hall) and Wembley Arena are already sold out. You'll need to try elsewhere if you want those venues, folks!

What we all seem to be forgetting is that this is still another 7 months away. Who knows what will happen. They could invent a car that drives itself so you won't need a designated driver. Fingers crossed.
Ade
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Apr 26 2007, 12:52 PM)
What we all seem to be forgetting is that this is still another 7 months away. Who knows what will happen. They could invent a car that drives itself so you won't need a designated driver. Fingers crossed.

So long as it talks and has a snazzy LED gizmo that goes wwhhhf-wwhhhf...wwhhhf-wwhhhf... I'll be happy.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 26 2007, 12:11 PM)
So long as it talks and has a snazzy LED gizmo that goes wwhhhf-wwhhhf...wwhhhf-wwhhhf... I'll be happy.

And a flux capacitor would be nice. Even if it doesn't do anything.

In fact, I hope Mayor Goldie Wilson converts all our cars to self driving flying ones for us.
Mrs Bisley
Yay!! My mum went up and got tickets for me and my brother while I was at college!! biggrin.gif
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Apr 26 2007, 07:50 PM)
Yay!! My mum went up and got tickets for me and my brother while I was at college!!  biggrin.gif

Wow! How great is your mum!
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Apr 26 2007, 08:20 PM)
Wow! How great is your mum!

Yeah!!

We're 2nd row and everything!! Woop!! biggrin.gif
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Apr 26 2007, 09:16 PM)
Yeah!!

We're 2nd row and everything!! Woop!!  biggrin.gif

Ah brilliant! biggrin.gif I'm guessing you didn't get them off the Bill Bailey website then, I don't know where I'm seated yet unfortunately, I know it's a decent seat (thats what the site says anyway) but thats about it. Which venue are you going to? I'm a Wembley man myself.
melzilla
I gots tickets for Manchester! whoop! laugh.gif
I think I'm about as far from the stage as you can possibly get (which, at the MEN is pretty far!) but hey-ho, I'll take my binoculars! happy.gif
Anyone else going to Manchester? Might be an excuse for a pint? wink.gif
Jimmay
Seeing as the Birmingham NIA show is next Friday and I am yet to receive my tickets I thought I'd ask around and see if anyone else had received theres and who is going to the Brum show?
CazBag
Nope, I've not got my tickets yet either.
I had a look on the Tinselworm Ticket Update page and it says that tickets "can arrive up until 5-7 days prior to the event" and that they "anticipate that all tickets will be despatched by Friday 16th November at the very latest. Every customer will receive an email confirmation when their tickets have been despatched."

Really looking forward to seeing it. I'm off to the Wembley show on 29th Nov. You'll have to let us know what you think of the show after the Brum one.
curtinparloe
I hope Mel's tickets have already arrived. We're meant to be going this Friday (she gets back Thursday)...
Ade
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 14 2007, 09:46 AM)
Seeing as the Birmingham NIA show is next Friday and I am yet to receive my tickets I thought I'd ask around and see if anyone else had received theres and who is going to the Brum show?

Me! Me's a goin' to Brum! Not had my tickets yet though....
Jimmay
QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 14 2007, 01:46 PM)
Me! Me's a goin' to Brum! Not had my tickets yet though....

Yay. Anyone else Brum bound. I have received an email from the ticket people saying they are sent out by super speedy courier and if you don't receive them in time then you collect them at the door so nay worries.

If there are a few people going and anyone has time afterwards we should go for a beer. There's an excellent ale pub just behind the NIA.
Ade
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 14 2007, 01:48 PM)
Yay. Anyone else Brum bound.  I have received an email from the ticket people saying they are sent out by super speedy courier and if you don't receive them in time then you collect them at the door so nay worries.

If there are a few people going and anyone has time afterwards we should go for a beer.  There's an excellent ale pub just behind the NIA.

Cool beans. Aprés Bilbo Drinks sounds good to me.
Ade
Should have had my tickets yesterday, but I slept through Secure Mail's attempted delivery. They're now being re-delivered on Tuesday to my place of work. Woot.
curtinparloe
It was thoroughly entertaining. I laughed like a drain biggrin.gif
CazBag
I went to see this at the Wembley Arena on Thursday night, and it certainly was very funny. My jaw ached from laughing so much. Not sure I enjoyed it as much as Part Troll, but it was still a great show. It was being recorded that night for the DVD release so will definitely be looking out for that when it comes out. Brilliant musician that man. Also managed to randomly bump into Lou (Psychic_House_Hunter) who runs Jess's fansite. Considering the thousands of people there that was pretty funny! Lovely chatting to her before the show.
Applehoneypip
Glad you enjoyed it Caz. Wish I could've gone, sounds like it was a great night!
pegged
i caught his towel .
Jon 79
QUOTE (pegged @ Dec 17 2007, 10:38 PM)
i caught his towel .

Cool.
Are you going to:
a. put it in your bathroom
b. frame it on a wall
c. wrap yourself in it and sleep on it every night
d. ebay it
e. other
Zoe
f. you're a gimp
pegged
ha ha no, i actually went eugh and threw it at my friend who has kept it.
CazBag

Bill's taking his Tinselworm to Australia and New Zealand and you can get presale tickets through his website. I'd definitely recommend it to you guys over the pond!
Rebus
Yeah, I just got the email with the details of the OZNZ dates. Get in quickly, presale opens tomorrow!

The presale for Bill Bailey's Tinselworm tour of Australia and New Zealand will start at 9am on Wednesday 21st May and will end at 12 noon on Sunday 25th May. Please note that timings are based on the local time at each venue.

TICKET INFORMATION

The presale will enable you to purchase the best seats at each venue as ALL tickets at each venue will be available for sale during the presale.

When you purchase your tickets your seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis offering you the best available seats at the time of booking, so you'll know exactly where you're sitting on the night.

Tickets are priced at $79.90 each plus postage.

PRESALE PASSWORD

For all venues (except Brisbane) the presale password is:

tinselworm

NB There will be no password to enter on the Brisbane link.

PRESALE LINKS

Each venue has a particular link which is specified below.

Please note that some of the links will not function until the presale starts on Wednesday morning.

Links to the presale ticket agencies are as follows:

New Zealand

Sunday 31 August - Auckland - ASB Theatre
Presale Link - here.

Wednesday 3 September - Christchurch - Christchurch Town Hall
Presale Link - here.

Thursday 4 September - Wellington - St James Theatre
Presale Link - here.

Australia

Monday 8 September - Perth - Burswood Theatre
Presale Link - here.

Thursday 11 September - Adelaide - Thebarton Theatre
Presale Link - here.

Saturday 13 September - Canberra - Royal Theatre
Presale Link - here.

Monday 15 September - Sydney - State Theatre
Presale Link - here.

Monday 22 September - Brisbane - QPAC, Concert Hall
Presale Link - here.

Saturday 27 September - Melbourne - Arts Centre, Hamer Hall
Presale Link - here.

Look out for any further announcements on the Bill Bailey News blog at www.billbailey.co.uk/latestnews/.
dolfyn
^ Woo hoo! I'm going. I hope I can get a good seat. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Anni
got really good seats! 2nd row, right in the middle! I am so chuffed biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.