Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Blake's 7
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Raven
B7 Productions have signed a deal with the Sci-Fi channel to broadcast their 36-part adaptation of Blake's 7 (I believe this is the company that Paul Darrow was working with a few years ago until he left citing "creative differences").

Either way, you will be able to listen to the show through the Sci-Fi channel's web site.

For further information go here: Blake returns in Sci-Fi channel audio drama.
Raven
I'll believe it when I see it, but Blake's 7 poised for Sky comeback.

Pity it's not on the BBC . . .
Starscream`s Ghost
I said something along those lines myself in the other thread. A 'new' series has been kicking around for a while now, hasn't it?
Svein
Well, if Sky attack it with the same gusto that they have Battlestar, could prove interesting.
Raven
Pointing out the obvious, Sky didn't make Battlestar, but at the same time they seem to have done a good job with their Terry Pratchett adaptations, so who knows?
Starscream`s Ghost
I think Sky could and would do a good job, but I won't hold my breath about it even happening, because I've heard it all before, if that makes sense.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 24 2008, 01:17 PM)
Pointing out the obvious, Sky didn't make Battlestar, but at the same time they seem to have done a good job with their Terry Pratchett adaptations, so who knows?

Sky did co-produce the first series, though, which bodes well.
Raven
You're right, they did, didn't they . . . I sit corrected!
Svein
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 24 2008, 01:24 PM)
You're right, they did, didn't they . . .  I sit corrected!

If memory serves correctly, the pilot wasn't as well received Stateside as it was here, which is why Sky co-produced it.
Raven
Sky1 drops 'Blake's 7' revival.

Given the lack of movement on this it's not a great surprise, it would be nice if the Beeb could get complete control of the rights back and do a New Who style revival.
Raven
Big Finish are now working on a series of Blake's 7 audio adventures and novels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.