Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SUNDAY the 10th
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
thirtyhelens
Harmzzzzicles. There are loads of us who cannot attend, you have excellent bedfellows. None of us snore or hog the covers, either. wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (edgar wright @ May 31 2007, 12:11 PM)
Don't tell anyone I told you, but there's going to be a Hot and Fuzzy event on Sunday the 10th somewhere in London's fashionable West End.

Word to the mother funking wise.

I'm yet again regretting my decision to move to NYC.

QUOTE (mcraigclark @ May 31 2007, 12:52 PM)
Now I want to book a flight.

You and me both, pickle. Why don't you come up here for the weekend, we can watch Spaced and SoTD and drink ourselves stupid with jealousy. biggrin.gif

Thanks Edgar for the heads up! And commiserations, Downsy, that really sucks. You'd think the organisers would know you're The Man and kept a few aside for the OB. smile.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (widowspider @ May 31 2007, 06:04 PM)
You and me both, pickle. Why don't you come up here for the weekend, we can watch Spaced and SoTD and drink ourselves stupid with jealousy. biggrin.gif

Can I come? I'll bring booze.
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 1 2007, 03:08 AM)
Can I come?  I'll bring booze.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(That's a yes).

Petey'll be here too - we can recreate part of the US SONY contingent! biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
Gawd, that'd be so fun. There's no way I can pull it off on such short notice, but I will send a cardboard cutout of me which you can pour vodka on and chuck pig snacks at.
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 1 2007, 03:13 AM)
Gawd, that'd be so fun.  There's no way I can pull it off on such short notice, but I will send a cardboard cutout of me which you can pour vodka on and chuck pig snacks at.

Awww, boo. Totally understand though. We'll definitely have to do another Yank meetup soon, though. Let's all look for cheap flights on Delta! biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
Definitely. I'm planning to cart Harmonica Cardigan with me to NY at some point in the future, and if anyone's free in early August, she's coming back to visit me then. We ran right out of time to go to Disneyland in April. tongue.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 1 2007, 03:30 AM)
Definitely.  I'm planning to cart Harmonica Cardigan with me to NY at some point in the future, and if anyone's free in early August, she's coming back to visit me then.  We ran right out of time to go to Disneyland in April.  tongue.gif

Hooray! Looking forward to it!

OOoh, Disneyland. Wish I had money for flights and ting.
thirtyhelens
I'm excited, I haven't been to Disneyland myself in about ten years and it's less than an hour away.

Mind you, it's going to be hotter than Satan's armpit in August, but the Finding Nemo ride will be open then. Maybe we'll jump out of the boat and cool off.
MyDogAteLA
Yay, Disneyland! I've never been there. laugh.gif
thirtyhelens
For the record, Walt Disney's cryogenically frozen head is NOT buried underneath it.

Maybe we should freeze something else, tho, and bring a shovel.
Heff
i should be so lucky.
lucky. lucky. lucky.

Vicarious is a great song by Tool, and a great way to be. You Lundun chaps take lotsa photos and crap now, y'hear!
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Heff @ May 31 2007, 07:02 PM)
i should be so lucky.
lucky. lucky. lucky.

Aussie to the very end. laugh.gif
Anni
Surely you could do a DVD signing here? It's not far at all. Promise.
Heff
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 1 2007, 01:04 PM)
Aussie to the very end.  laugh.gif
I'll trade you Kylie Minogue for the DVD soiree? No? I'll throw in Russel Crowe, Heath Ledger, and Wolfmother too? Please? It's a fair trade, honest! They really are worth something!

about $2.75
Wife Of Rolex
I've entered each competition so fingers crossed I'll actually win something for once.

Squuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! biggrin.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Anni
Waheyyyy

I forgot to add in my (slightly bitter) good luck wishes to everyone entering the contest. tongue.gif I guess I'll join all non-UKers in the vicarious living club.
Heff
QUOTE (Anni @ Jun 1 2007, 03:53 PM)
I forgot to add in my (slightly bitter) good luck wishes to everyone entering the contest.
Oh yeah! Harmz has 5 x 2 tickets, Thomas has 5 x 2 tickets, and Llama has 4 x 2 tickets. That's... um... let's see... carry the one... er... not nearly enough tickets for everyone. Get entering, you bastards! Win! Win! Win! Good Luck!
frostitute
Why does Llama have 4 pairs? Did she claim one set for herself? Lol
shaka37
I'm totally hijacking this thread to perhaps save some lives ... LOL! But seriously for all that is holy, wait till winter for a D-land trip. If you've never experienced a Cali summer, Disneyland is not the place for the uninitiated. Locals know ... summertime is when Disneyland becomes the sweatiest place on Earth. It does and has gotten to 114 degrees in August. Last year was the hottest summer on record.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (shaka37 @ May 31 2007, 11:17 PM)
If you've never experienced a Cali summer, Disneyland is not the place for the uninitiated. Locals know ...

Locals like me? wink.gif

And Harmony's from Memphis, anyway. We know nothing of the hell that is her summer...

QUOTE (Anni)
I guess I'll join all non-UKers in the vicarious living club.

Eyyyyyyyy.

*applause* *gives the kid a noogie*
AusChick
I went to Disneyland with my Dad when I was 10yo and loved every minute!

(Also went to Disneyworld with my man when I was 25yo)

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 1 2007, 02:02 AM)
Harmzzzzicles.  There are loads of us who cannot attend, you have excellent bedfellows.  None of us snore or hog the covers, either. wink.gif
I do a little bit wink.gif

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 1 2007, 03:04 AM)
Aussie to the very end.  laugh.gif
Surely Kylie is techinically English by now?

QUOTE (frostitute @ Jun 1 2007, 06:42 AM)
Lord knows I would if I were in London!!!

Edit: Notice I say "my man" because I can't just call him bf any more and the word fiance weirds me out a bit!
CazBag
Ok, I've entered too. Fingers crossed good people!!!

So, as well as having a cinema Sunday heaven in such great company, is this also an opportunity to get our mits on a copy of that beautiful DVD a day before it's released?
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 1 2007, 10:32 AM)
Surely Kylie is techinically English by now?

She gets to use Eurostar for free. Though, strangely, only advertises the French end of it.

Wife Of Rolex
Llama
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jun 1 2007, 07:42 AM)

Erm... *Coughs*
Ade
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jun 1 2007, 03:28 AM)
Awww, boo. Totally understand though. We'll definitely have to do another Yank meetup soon, though. Let's all look for cheap flights on Delta! biggrin.gif

I'd be tempted to join y'all, though too short-term notice might not be do-able. I've got to book myself some leave soon, so keep us posted! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (frostitute @ Jun 1 2007, 07:42 AM)
Why does Llama have 4 pairs?

Sorry?!! huh.gif

Ohhhh, tickets. Riiiiight.
Llama
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 1 2007, 12:05 PM)

My god, man laugh.gif
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jun 1 2007, 01:42 AM)

Seemed to me that Sue was offering tickets to us, as well.

QUOTE (shaka37 @ Jun 1 2007, 02:17 AM)
If you've never experienced a Cali summer, Disneyland is not the place for the uninitiated. Locals know ... summertime is when Disneyland becomes the sweatiest place on Earth. It does and has gotten to 114 degrees in August. Last year was the hottest summer on record.

Oh yes ... I do live in Memphis, TN, we get that AND humidity. Guess how much fun we had, a few years ago, when the power went out in July for two whole weeks?! tongue.gif
MyDogAteLA
Woo! Double post.

Simon WILL be attending!

ETA: EDGAR! Will Simon also be at the DVD signing? I had only asked him about the Hot Fuzztival.
Llama
QUOTE (mydogatela @ Jun 1 2007, 03:38 PM)
Simon WILL be attending!

'eeyyy, Lucy will be pleased biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 1 2007, 03:05 AM)
Sorry?!!  huh.gif 

I heart Adeski.

We really ought to have a show where we all pop out of a painted wall and tell corny jokes, like Laugh-In.
widowspider
That's what is known as a Spaced Out meet with Ade in attendance. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 1 2007, 12:05 PM)
I'd be tempted to join y'all, though too short-term notice might not be do-able. I've got to book myself some leave soon, so keep us posted! biggrin.gif

Raaay! Will do, sir! Would be fantabulous to have you over here.

QUOTE (mydogatela @ Jun 1 2007, 01:44 PM)
Seemed to me that Sue was offering tickets to us, as well.
Oh yes ... I do live in Memphis, TN, we get that AND humidity. Guess how much fun we had, a few years ago, when the power went out in July for two whole weeks?!  tongue.gif

Aye. New York is aaaallll kinds of fun in August, too. Not. 100+ degree heat and 90% humidity does not a happy Rachel make.
Downsy
Yay !! we've got tickets to give away !!
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (Downsy @ Jun 1 2007, 12:20 PM)

Yay!! biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
Whose house? Downsy's house*. Aiiiiiiiight?

(*Except for the room where Dot keeps all her Snoopy gear..)
Downsy
Once again,

Yay !!!
shaka37
Last year, it topped out at 119 at my house. NO LIE. Awful. I'm a cold weather girl, myself. (So why are you living in L.A. Shak? Well, because I was born here and I'm too lazy to move.)

So, does anyone think there'll be a U.S. DVD launch party?
CazBag
QUOTE (Downsy @ Jun 1 2007, 05:20 PM)

Hoorah!!! Great news!!!
Anni
It's just like the old days, with people jumping around in anticipation. How exciting!!

(old days, as in a couple months ago...)

I had the weirdest dream where Edgar & Nick ACTUALLY did come over to NZ and Aus and met a bunch of us at a crappy restaurant. huh.gif

I really need to stop dreaming about them lot... That's the third this week.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Anni @ Jun 2 2007, 08:38 AM)
I had the weirdest dream where Edgar & Nick ACTUALLY did come over to NZ and Aus and met a bunch of us at a crappy restaurant.  huh.gif
I really need to stop dreaming about them lot... That's the third this week.

Aw! If only! sad.gif With Simon too, of course! wink.gif

I'm bummed we always miss the good stuff just because we're in the Southern Hemisphere. And I'm too strapped for cash to fly over to attend (it's expensive flying anywhere from Australia). wacko.gif

I only have the memory of that one wonderful Melbourne Q&A night to keep me going. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
Anni
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jun 2 2007, 12:50 PM)
Aw! If only!  sad.gif  With Simon too, of course!  wink.gif

I'm bummed we always miss the good stuff just because we're in the Southern Hemisphere. And I'm too strapped for cash to fly over to attend (it's expensive flying anywhere from Australia).  wacko.gif

I only have the memory of that one wonderful Melbourne Q&A night to keep me going.  rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif

Oh of course. But you see, I had that dream before I read on this thread that Simon would be attending the screening too. See... there is logic in my dream... somewhere.

the Southern Hemisphere sucks sometimes, doesn't it. rolleyes.gif
(yes. the entire lower half of the earth.)
Jon 79
Well, I've entered all 4 competitions, but am prepared to get to the PCC on the day a good ooohh, 40 minutes early. ...That should do it.
I may even move my lunch hour on the monday for some dvd signing action.
...See you then Mr Wright. smile.gif
AusChick
I'm glad that people we know and like will be in attendance.
I do want to hear all about it.

And great news that Mr Pegg will also be there.

And Jon in response to the line under your avatar - I will not turn back!

My will is as strong, and my kingdom as great....
Wife Of Rolex
Edgar's offering handjobs on Sunday...2 at a time. laugh.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Anni
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 2 2007, 06:07 PM)
Edgar's offering handjobs on Sunday...2 at a time.  laugh.gif
Wife Of Rolex

I laughed so hard when he posted that.. laugh.gif I wonder if anyone's brave enough to actually take him up on that offer laugh.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Quite. laugh.gif

Although, in the interest of fairness to the girls...will Edgar be offering breast rubbings as well?

Wife Of Rolex
Anni
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 2 2007, 07:26 PM)
Quite.  laugh.gif
Although, in the interest of fairness to the girls...will Edgar be offering breast rubbings as well?
Wife Of Rolex

I really, really, shouldn't have tried picturing that in my head

This icon doesn't nearly sum it up: laugh.gif
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Anni @ Jun 2 2007, 08:30 AM)
I really, really, shouldn't have tried picturing that in my head

Look, he's been practicing...

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 31 2007, 01:08 AM)
Hahahaha What is going on here?

P.S.  Is Edgar groping an imaginary woman?  laugh.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Everlong
Bugger, i'm at download festival that day.

Which incidentally is showing hot fuzz and shaun on the screens.
NiteFall
They are? Why was I not informed of this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.