Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOT FUZZ / POINT BREAK Double Bill
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
CazBag
A double bill of Hot Fuzz and Point Break will be shown at this year's Film4 Summer Screen at Somerset House this year on Friday 10th August. General tickets go on sale on Thursday at 9am through Ticketmaster.

The line up this year is:

Thursday 2 August Knocked Up [15] - The People's Premiere
Friday 3 August Double bill: The Descent [18] / The Thing [18]
Saturday 4 August  The Good, the Bad and the Ugly [18]
Sunday 5 August Rushmore [15]
Monday 6 August Rear Window [PG]
Tuesday 7 August E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial [U]
Wednesday 8 August Walk the Line [12A]
Thursday 9 August Chak de India [PG tbc] - India Now Premiere
Friday 10 August Double bill: Hot Fuzz [15] / Point Break [15]
Saturday 11 August 2001: A Space Odyssey [U]

Film4 Summer Screen returns for ten nights, transforming the magnificent Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court into a full-scale open-air cinema with state-of-the-art giant screen, 35mm projection and surround-sound.

Enjoy an inspired programme of comedy, horror, romance, thrillers, sci-fi and action. The line-up includes premieres of this year's essential summer comedy Knocked Up, from the makers of The 40-Year-Old-Virgin, and the new film from Bollywood legend Shah Rukh Khan, Chak de India.

Arrive early, relax and soak up the atmosphere before the film with good food, drinks and DJs.

Tickets: 12.50
(except) Friday double bills: 15

All bookings carry a 1.75 transaction fee - per booking, not per ticket.

Doors 18.30, DJs from 19.30, Film 21.15.

Rugs available to buy, or bring your own.

The Summer Screen has been a fantastic event every year so far, definitely recommend it! And I wonder if we'll be having some guest appearances again this year, Mr Wright ... ? wink.gif
Llama
In a way, I wish things I want to go to would stop happening. So poor!
Wife Of Rolex
No. Spare. Cash.

sad.gif

Wife Of Rolex
KevinandNick
Hmm...

Would anyone want a couple of reprobates like us to be there...?

Kev & Nick
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 5 2007, 03:36 PM)
In a way, I wish things I want to go to would stop happening.

That's funny.

QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Jun 19 2007, 05:00 PM)
Would anyone want a couple of reprobates like us to be there...?

It's open to anyone.
Zoe
Oooh 'Walk the Line', ahhhh 'Rear Window', woooo 'Rushmore'.

I have to say I'd rather see any of those on the big screen than 'Hot Fuzz' again. 'Rear Window' would look incredible on a cinema screen and I've never seen 'Rushmore' (one of my favourite films) on a big screen. 'Walk the Line' is one of the best cinema experiences I've had, the prisoners stamping their feet at the beginning gave me goosebumps - and it's just not the same on DVD.

I'm almost tempted to take that week off work. Or at least Monday so I can go to see 'Rushmore'...

Also, 'Knocked up' up is supposed to be amazingly funny - the reviews are incredible.
Raven
I must say, I'd like to see Rear Window on the big screen as well, and 2001 again.

Speaking of which . . .
CazBag
I'd like to go to a number of the screenings, but I can only do the 2 Fridays. I'm debating whether to go to the Descent/Thing screening. I've not seen either of them, would anyone recommend them?

I'm going to the HF/PB screening so see you there anyone else who's going. I just checked the listings on Ticketmaster and looks like that one's all sold out, unless they get any returns/release more tickets between now and then.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 19 2007, 11:45 AM)
I'm debating whether to go to the Descent/Thing screening.  I've not seen either of them, would anyone recommend them?

YES!

Well, I enjoyed The Descent; it's no classic but it was fun. The Thing, on the other hand, is a masterpiece.
CazBag
Cheers Nic, I think you've made my mind up on that. smile.gif
CazBag
I asked Edgar on his MySpace whether he will be presenting Hot Fuzz at this year's Film4 Summer Screen, and he said:

I shall not be at Somerset House this year, which is a crying shame. Would have loved to have seen the film with a big crowd.

But am sending a little surprise to show everyone in my absence!

Intriguing!!!

Is anyone else from here going?
AusChick
Would that I could.
Looking forward to hearing all about it from you though!
feckless_dykey_prostitute
I did try to get tickets to this, but they were sold out.
CazBag
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 19 2007, 08:12 PM)
YES!

Well, I enjoyed The Descent; it's no classic but it was fun. The Thing, on the other hand, is a masterpiece.

Glad I took your word for it Nic! I went on Friday and LOVED The Descent! It's definitely one for the big screen! It got a great reception from the 2000 screaming crowd which must've been fantastic for Neil Marshall who was there too. The Thing was great fun. It was really funny at the start where the helicopter flies in, a helicopter came flying over our heads at the same time so everyone cheered it. Definitely added to the sound effects laugh.gif

QUOTE (AusChick @ Jul 31 2007, 11:35 AM)
Would that I could.
Looking forward to hearing all about it from you though!

Of course! smile.gif

QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Jul 31 2007, 09:00 PM)
I did try to get tickets to this, but they were sold out.

That's a real shame you couldn't get a ticket to the HF screening. I think it sold out pretty much straight away.

If anyone is going to any of the screenings during the week, just be warned that they're being really strict with glass this year. When I went on Friday people were being asked to empty the contents of their jars they'd brought as part of their picnics out into plastic cups, and wine from bottles too. If anyone had perfume, then that was confiscated. Metal cans are also banned. Plastic bottles brought in are ok though.
CazBag
So ... I went to the Hot Fuzz / Point Break double bill last night at Somerset House, and still stand by the opinion that this has got to be one of the best places to see films. It really is a fantastic venue. Great screen, great sound, fantastic surroundings and always a great crowd. It was absolutely packed last night. For those of you that haven't been there before, it looks like this:

Osymyso did a sterling job on the dj front. There were a couple of suprises too. One being Mr Wright's 'Don't' trailer being shown (cheers for that Edgar), and the second suprise was Mr Frost being there to present the 2 films! Big thank you to Nick! Good job!

Here you go folks, with love from me to you, on YouTube: Nick Presents Hot Fuzz at Somerset House
AusChick
Wow! What an amazing venue.
Sounds like it was a fantastic night.
Thanks heaps for posting that video for us Caz.

Nick is so cute in it. And funny as ever.
Living in Quentin Tarantino's house. What a cunt! laugh.gif

Great stuff.

And once again I miss Summer!
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 11 2007, 02:09 PM)
Wow! What an amazing venue.

It really is but you have to sit on a bloody hard stone floor, which does your arse no favours.

Well...unless you're me and you get a rather comfortable silver chair. tongue.gif happy.gif
frostitute
After doing all these Q&As and all sorts of stuff, you would think he would overcome his nervousness.

He did really well by himself.
Anni
Yeah he was great! I could tell slightly that he was nervous though which he really need not be. He doesn't need Edgar or Simon for backup. tongue.gif
dolfyn
Aw, Nick did so well, even though he was "kind of naked"! hehehee. He was cute. happy.gif I liked Edgar's amusing letter, too. Those guys are so bloody funny. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif
AusChick
Nick is pure comedy genius encased inside a lovely cuddly monkey.
I can understand he would feel a little nervous after being used to have all three of them there for the last 5 months, but he didn't need to be nervous. He holds his own perfectly.
AusChick
^ Damn I can't edit now and that sentence is terrible.
Please imagine it with grammatical corrections.
Thanks
CazBag
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 11 2007, 02:33 PM)
It really is but you have to sit on a bloody hard stone floor, which does your arse no favours.

Now, see, if you come prepared with a blanket and cushions to sit on then you're ok.

I had to shoot off on holiday on Saturday and YouTube was being incredibly slow uploading so only had time to upload Nick presenting Hot Fuzz before I went away. So here's the second part: Nick Frost Presents Point Break.
Raven
QUOTE (CazBag @ Aug 16 2007, 10:54 AM)
I had to shoot off on holiday on Saturday . . .

I hate it when that happens . . .
CazBag
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 16 2007, 10:05 AM)
I hate it when that happens . . .

I know, damn it!
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (CazBag @ Aug 16 2007, 10:54 AM)
Now, see, if you come prepared with a blanket and cushions to sit on then you're ok.

True, but if you can blag it a proper seat...take it! tongue.gif My poor back was very much the better for it.
dolfyn
QUOTE (CazBag @ Aug 16 2007, 07:54 PM)
here's the second part: Nick Frost Presents Point Break.

"The gayest film, ever!" laugh.gif hehehee!

Nick rocks. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Mrs Watt
I was going to go to this I had my bean bag on the ready BUT the tickets sold out!

Glad everyone had a good time and thanks for the links. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.