Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HMV DVD Signing - Mon 11 June 2007
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2
CazBag
I think this may have been mentioned in amongst another thread, but just in case you have missed it ...

Nick and Edgar will be signing copies of the 'Hot Fuzz' DVD at:

HMV 150 Oxford Street, London - Monday 11 June - 1.00pm
Sostie
Right....I have to book half days leave...where's the boss.

Mr Wright sir...if you are reading this and I get at the front of the queue...would you sign a poster. Pleeeease. (I won't bring my US ticket stubs, promise)
CazBag
According to Ain't It Cool, Simon will also be at the signing.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 7 2007, 02:45 AM)
Pleeeease.  (I won't bring my US ticket stubs, promise)

Aw, go on then. Staple them to the front of your jeans in the shape of an arrow. laugh.gif
AusChick
I sooooo wish I could be there! What a birthday that would be!
savageman26
Any chance they may actually come out of the big city and grace us in the "lesser lands?" laugh.gif
Jon 79
Does anyone know how long these signing sessions go on for? ... I mean, d'you reckon they'll still be there at 4 o'clock?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jun 11 2007, 08:35 AM)
Does anyone know how long these signing sessions go on for? ... I mean, d'you reckon they'll still be there at 4 o'clock?

Highly unlikely. They tend to limit the sessions in-store in an hour or two. And the queue will be HUGE.
Wife Of Rolex
Despite being knackered and mostly skint, I'm awake so I'm going.

And I'll be in the same clothes as yesterday. [/skank]

I don't smell...that much. unsure.gif

Wife Of Rolex
AusChick
hehe
Excellent!

And again I want full reports please biggrin.gif
Spider Dijon
JESUS THATS TODAY!
Anni
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Jun 11 2007, 09:21 PM)
JESUS THATS TODAY!

YOU'D BETTER GET READY!!!!!!
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Anni @ Jun 11 2007, 09:23 AM)
YOU'D BETTER GET READY!!!!!!

Actually I feel kind of aukward around Edgar Wright now. Last time there was a signing I gave him a script I had writen...then I sent him a follow up letter and a message on this forum asking how it was going and if he'd had a chance to give it a read. I might be one of those people that if he sees he says to himself: "Oh no, not that guy again." I'll just play it cool. cool.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Jun 11 2007, 10:42 AM)
Actually I feel kind of aukward around Edgar Wright now. Last time there was a signing I gave him a script I had writen...then I sent him a follow up letter and a message on this forum asking how it was going and if he'd had a chance to give it a read. I might be one of those people that if he sees he says to himself: "Oh no, not that guy again." I'll just play it cool.  cool.gif

I bet you ask him about it.
biggrin.gif
Sostie
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Jun 11 2007, 09:42 AM)
Actually I feel kind of aukward around Edgar Wright

Not as awkward as he's gonna feel...I'm bringing my US ticket stubs.
Anni
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Jun 11 2007, 09:42 PM)
Actually I feel kind of aukward around Edgar Wright now. Last time there was a signing I gave him a script I had writen...then I sent him a follow up letter and a message on this forum asking how it was going and if he'd had a chance to give it a read. I might be one of those people that if he sees he says to himself: "Oh no, not that guy again." I'll just play it cool.  cool.gif

So no putting on a tux, then?
AusChick
So it's only about an hour away then.

Hope everyone who is going has fun

cool.gif
Sostie
Well not long back from the signing (where I was joined by the J-man, and also there WOR, CazBag, Jon & Baz)

Thanks to Edgar & Nick who took time to do the signing.

And on the walk back but who should I pass in the street - Lucy Punch (Eve Draper)...99% sure it was. Was tempted to get her to sign my recently autographed poster but it seemed a bit forward seeing she was walking along a busy street whicle talking on a mobile. Oh well.
Julie
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 11 2007, 05:27 AM)

Did you get your hand job?
Sostie
QUOTE (Julie @ Jun 11 2007, 01:35 PM)
Did you get your hand job?

Nah...can't perform with an audience...when sober.
Jessopjessopjessop
Mad props to the Sosmeister for letting me into the queue really near the front! I loves ya baby!
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 11 2007, 10:27 AM)
Mr Wright sir...if you are reading this and I get at the front of the queue...would you sign a poster. Pleeeease. (I won't bring my US ticket stubs, promise)

Shame on you laugh.gif
Spider Dijon
Oi, did anyone get a mini swiss roll of them? laugh.gif I gave them a tub of them and they started letting people have some. Feel the love, oh yeah! cool.gif

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Jun 11 2007, 10:23 AM)
I bet you ask him about it.
biggrin.gif

...yeah, I couldn't help it. He realised who I was and he was really great about it and kept apologising...so I put the Machette down and left the store laugh.gif

Oh and if anyone saw the guy with the bauge jacket, green and yellow cap and long hair...that was me!

Also, they're not the greatest pictures in the world, but here's a few from today!
Wife Of Rolex
Aaaand I'm back. Caz and myself got to spend quite a bit of time with Edgar and Nick. More than most, anyway. biggrin.gif The security guy was about to move us when Edgar said, 'No, these guys are hardcore. They can stay.'

Nick's 'tache got a mention. He's grown it for a role. Didn't say what, though. They said how they knew about my defending it in the other thread. cool.gif

Btw, you can get the dvd in Tesco for just 10. It's where I got mine this morning.

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 11 2007, 02:48 PM)
Mad props to the Sosmeister for letting me into the queue really near the front! I loves ya baby!

Yeah, but if you'd joined Caz, Jon and me you would've got there quicker. tongue.gif wink.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Baz
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 11 2007, 02:39 PM)
Aaaand I'm back. Caz and myself got to spend quite a bit of time with Edgar and Nick. More than most, anyway. biggrin.gif The security guy was about to move us when Edgar said, 'No, these guys are hardcore. They can stay.'

Nick's 'tache got a mention. He's grown it for a role. Didn't say what, though. They said how they knew about my defending it in the other thread. cool.gif

Btw, you can get the dvd in Tesco for just 10. It's where I got mine this morning.
Yeah, but if you'd joined Caz, Jon and me you would've got there quicker. tongue.gif wink.gif
Wife Of Rolex

Unlike me who got there late and thought "fuck this" and didn't bother queuing. I'll just use the signed cover from yesterdays Fuzztival.

Was cool seeing people again even if it was only for a short time. smile.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Nice seeing you again too, Baz. smile.gif

QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Jun 11 2007, 03:08 PM)
Oi, did anyone get a mini swiss roll of them?  laugh.gif I gave them a tub of them and they started letting people have some. Feel the love, oh yeah!  cool.gif

Just found out one of my MySpace friends (who I completely missed wacko.gif ) got one of your cakes. He told Edgar he'd flush it when he got home, which made him and Nick chuckle. happy.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 11 2007, 03:50 PM)
Just found out one of my MySpace friends (who I completely missed  wacko.gif ) got one of your cakes. He told Edgar he'd flush it when he got home, which made him and Nick chuckle.  happy.gif
Wife Of Rolex

laugh.gif I hope not. Even if it wasn't me who gave them the tub, Marks and Spencers mini swiss rolls are too good to flush!
Wife Of Rolex
No, he ate it in the end.

Wife Of Rolex
frostitute
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 11 2007, 09:39 AM)
Nick's 'tache got a mention. He's grown it for a role. Didn't say what, though. They said how they knew about my defending it in the other thread.  cool.gif 

!

I think I know what it's for!
Sostie
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jun 11 2007, 04:28 PM)
!

I think I know what it's for!

Well whatever it is for, it does look rather dashing
dolfyn
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 12 2007, 12:39 AM)
Caz and myself got to spend quite a bit of time with Edgar and Nick. More than most, anyway.  biggrin.gif  The security guy was about to move us when Edgar said, 'No, these guys are hardcore. They can stay.'

Awwww! That's awesome. Bless their hearts! happy.gif Is there no limit to the sweetness of these guys? cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Jun 11 2007, 02:08 PM)
Cool photos SD! Thanks for sharing. I'm loving Nick's tache. It's very debonaire (sp?) and Edgar looking cute as ever.

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 11 2007, 02:39 PM)
Aaaand I'm back. Caz and myself got to spend quite a bit of time with Edgar and Nick. More than most, anyway.  biggrin.gif  The security guy was about to move us when Edgar said, 'No, these guys are hardcore. They can stay.'
That. Completely. Rocks! cool.gif
CazBag
Good to see you guys again too. Sostie, it's a shame you didn't see us earlier to join us. We did try to get your attention but you seemed absorbed in music and a book!

There were loads of people there. Big thanks to Edgar and Nick at the signing for taking the time to have a chat with WOR and myself for quite a while yesterday. Much to the burly HMV guy's annoyance who wanted to move us along, but as WOR said, Edgar told him we were ok as we were the 'hardcore'. You rock, Edgar!

Gen and Sarah, the guys were only too pleased to sign copies for you. If you PM me your addresses the WrightFrost love will be on its way to you:

The boys kindly agreed to have a taken for the forum. Cop a load of this fine homo-eroticism:

Cheers again guys! biggrin.gif
Anni
They'll be so pleased!!! biggrin.gif

I burst out laughing when I saw that picture. laugh.gif Pure awesome.

edit: also, congrats for not turning into a wibbly wobbly mess and forgetting what you wanted to say to them like I did!
AusChick
OH MY FECKING FECK!!! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Caz I think I love you!!

I can't beleive Edgar wrote he loves me!!! hehehehe!! happy.gif

And I looooove that photo of the two of them!

Do you think my fiance will mind if marry Caz, Edgar and Nick at the same time as him? tongue.gif
Anni
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 12 2007, 09:42 PM)
OH MY FECKING FECK!!! ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

Caz I think I love you!!
I can't beleive Edgar wrote he loves me!!!  hehehehe!!  happy.gif
And I looooove that photo of the two of them!
Do you think my fiance will mind if marry Caz, Edgar and Nick at the same time as him?  tongue.gif

LOL! Become a mormon? laugh.gif
AusChick
And we could all move to Utah!
Anni
And lived happily ever after...
CazBag
QUOTE (Anni @ Jun 12 2007, 09:37 AM)
I burst out laughing when I saw that picture.  laugh.gif Pure awesome.

It is a good one, for sure. I had to stop myself laughing when taking it!

QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 12 2007, 09:42 AM)
Do you think my fiance will mind if marry Caz, Edgar and Nick at the same time as him?  tongue.gif

Maybe I shouldn't send the DVDs via your man's office after all! laugh.gif
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Anni @ Jun 12 2007, 09:37 AM)
I burst out laughing when I saw that picture.  laugh.gif Pure awesome.

laugh.gif I saw the picture being taken, it cracked me up too! I was thinking about some other people at signings have a policy of no pictures, no talking and no eye contact...Edgar and Nick are great biggrin.gif
melzilla
That pic rules! Nice work Wifey and Caz, you truly are hardcore!!
MyDogAteLA
QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 12 2007, 03:35 AM)

Oooooh. So awesome!!! Love the photo, as well. <3

So, hey! Who got me something?! tongue.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 12 2007, 06:35 PM)
Much to the burly HMV guy's annoyance who wanted to move us along, but as WOR said, Edgar told him we were ok as we were the 'hardcore'. You rock, Edgar!
Gen and Sarah, the guys were only too pleased to sign copies for you. If you PM me your addresses the WrightFrost love will be on its way to you:

Oh, Caz! ohmy.gif Right now, you are my favourite person in the world!!!! biggrin.gif Thank you so, so much for doing that for us, you lovely generous thing! smile.gif And it's the firey DVD cover too! That's so cool, I love it. cool.gif You can bet we'll be rolling out the red carpet for you next year when you come down to Melbourne, Caz. cool.gif

And a massive THANK YOU to Edgar & Nick for being so lovely to sign those for us. I'm a fan for life, especially since witnessing your generosity of spirit towards your fans this year. cool.gif

My one small regret is that Simon couldn't be at the signing to add his love to our DVD covers. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 12 2007, 06:35 PM)
The boys kindly agreed to have a taken for the forum. Cop a load of this fine homo-eroticism:

Cheers again guys! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I love that photo!

On a side note, I went on a driving trip with my Mum, sister, nephew & 2 of his mates today. We drove down the Great Ocean Road, here in Victoria. And our 1st stop on the way was at Bells Beach, where they filmed the end of Point Break! Of course the whole time, I was thinking about the movie & about Hot Fuzz & Simon, Edgar & Nick. I got some great photos, which I'll be sharing in the next day or so. happy.gif

I'm so happy! biggrin.gif I'm so looking forward to the lovely Fuzz-y package arriving, containing extra Wright/Frost love! wub.gif Woo hoo!

Feel the (Fuzz) love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 12 2007, 12:35 AM)

They look quite like a couple there, in their little black polos. laugh.gif
melzilla
My friend went to Bell's beach last year and had to send me a text to inform me purely consisting of quotes from the film...Hehe!...She is such a geek!
CazBag
QUOTE (MyDogAteLA @ Jun 12 2007, 03:26 PM)
So, hey!  Who got me something?!  tongue.gif

Next time Harmz, next time. wink.gif

QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jun 12 2007, 05:18 PM)
Oh, Caz!  ohmy.gif  Right now, you are my favourite person in the world!!!!  biggrin.gif  Thank you so, so much for doing that for us, you lovely generous thing!  smile.gif  And it's the firey DVD cover too! That's so cool, I love it.  cool.gif  You can bet we'll be rolling out the red carpet for you next year when you come down to Melbourne, Caz.  cool.gif

Not at all! You are very very welcome! Pleasure! I'll post them off to you tomorrow. God knows how long it takes for a package to get from the UK to Aus, but it'll be on its way!!! One request, can it not be a blue carpet? laugh.gif

That road trip sounds fantastic. I bet that beach looks beautiful! Look forward to seeing a pic of it.
dolfyn
QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 13 2007, 04:24 AM)
Not at all!  You are very very welcome!  Pleasure!  I'll post them off to you tomorrow.  God knows how long it takes for a package to get from the UK to Aus, but it'll be on its way!!!  One request, can it not be a blue carpet?  laugh.gif
That road trip sounds fantastic.  I bet that beach looks beautiful!  Look forward to seeing a pic of it.

Blue carpet it is, then. wink.gif

I've found from past experience, that surface mail takes months between UK & Australia. Air mail takes about a week, tops. I hope that's helpful. smile.gif

Yeah, the road-trip was great. For about half an hour while we were driving along the coast, there was a massive rainbow over the ocean, & it was the biggest & brightest one I've ever seen! We could see where each end "touched" the water! I'll have to share a couple of those pics, too. happy.gif

Anyway, I must go to bed as it's about 4.30am here! Need sleep! wacko.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
CazBag
Thanks for the tip! smile.gif
Ade
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 11 2007, 02:48 PM)

In this game it's who you know, not what you know. biggrin.gif Great stuff, glad to see everyone had a good aftynoon.

QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 12 2007, 09:35 AM)
There were loads of people there.  Big thanks to Edgar and Nick at the signing for taking the time to have a chat with WOR and myself for quite a while yesterday.  Much to the burly HMV guy's annoyance who wanted to move us along, but as WOR said, Edgar told him we were ok as we were the 'hardcore'.  You rock, Edgar!

That's jolly brilliant to hear - the guys really do deserve the extra time and effort that we, as fans, devote to them. And they reciprocate it tenfold, compared to pretty much all others in their field. *wipes away a tear* 's just great. happy.gif

QUOTE (CazBag @ Jun 12 2007, 09:35 AM)
The boys kindly agreed to have a taken for the forum.  Cop a load of this fine homo-eroticism:

That pic is just fantastic! Like it. Nick's beard alone deserves a prize.

And a big vote of thanks to Kelly for the inspired signed 'item' - I'll post a piccie of it here as and when, etc.! biggrin.gif
Jon 79
Aahhh.... Stage-fright! ohmy.gif wacko.gif

As soon as I got onto the platform where they were doing the signing... I forgot what I was going to say. I think I was a bit starstruck (I was sober after all!) and all I could manage to say to Edgar was 'Hi' and 'thanks'. .... I said a bit more to Nick though... I said 'Cheers Nick,... You're the best.' biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

If I ever go to meet them again, I'll back sure I've had a drink first. (I'm a lot more talkative then, as some of you who've met me know too well)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.