Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There's Still One NWA Member Out There
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
thewind
Okay, after my fourteenth viewing of the film "Hot Fuzz," I noticed one critical plot hole: I believe there's still one more member of the NWA at large, and possibly on the run.

At the beginning of the film, when Angel is first going through town and him and Danny enter the shop (owned by the later sniper woman, played by the "spinster zombie" actress from Shaun), there's the "Check out his arrssssee" line that comes over the walkie-talkie. Later, when Angel comes back into town on the horse, you hear the same voice saying "Check out his horrrrssse," right? Who is this woman?

She's not one of the NWA that were at the church the night before, when Danny stabbed Angel in the chest, because why would she be excited about his horse? Every other NWA member who was present at the church reacted with alarm and shock, so The Voice clearly wasn't there.

But, she's also someone who has a walkie-talkie, and the only people we saw in the film who had those walkie-talkies -- and, presumably privy to whatever secret channel they're on, a channel in which Skinner and Michael could somewhat openly talk about killing Angel -- were members of the NWA. The Voice is most likely a member of the NWA.

Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that this person was a member of the NWA. And, also reasonable to assume that this person is still AT LARGE by the end of the film and the coming of Angel's new anti-dumpsterdiving regime.

I've just blown this case wide open.
AusChick
The hoodies get her.
They all rush into her shop and pull her down from behind while she's trying to shoot out of her shop window.

She's also in the mug shots when they show who has been arrested.

Sorry to foil your elaborate theory.

Also I'm fairly certain she is with the group at the castle when Angel gets stabbed too.

*edit* er that's the shopkeeper I'm talking about whose character name is Annette. (same actress from SOTD) The voice you hear on the walkie talkie mentioning Angel's arse and his horse is the Primary School principal. She's the one on the push bike who gets thwacked by the door of the police car.

Everyone is accounted for.
I promise.
thewind
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 27 2007, 03:51 AM)
The voice you hear on the walkie talkie mentioning Angel's arse and his horse is the Primary School principal.

Yes, I meant the voice on the walkie-talkie, not Patricia Franklin. Obviously, her character was taken down by the hoodies.

I meant the voice on the walkie-talkie, and I don't think it's the schoolteacher. If it was her, then the delivery of the line doesn't make any sense. When we see the schoolteacher, it's AFTER the line has been delivered on the walkie-talkie, and she's clearly shocked speechless that Angel's back in town -- rightfully so, she was one of the NWA that were chasing him down and trying to kill him the night before.

We have no evidence that the voice on the radio is her, and if the voice is her, then it doesn't make any sense why she'd look so shocked when he arrives in the square on the horse. It follows that it's unlikely that the schoolteacher is the voice, and similarly it doesn't make any sense for it to be Billie Whitelaw's character, nor the corpse from Prime Suspect.

Sorry, but the theory's still alive! It's alive, I tell you! Alive! Ahahahaha! Alive!
thewind
I can't believe we're all just sitting here when there's still a member of the NWA on the loose!
AusChick
Will have to re-watch to check on this but I'm still pretty sure it's the school teacher.

She would still look surprised even if she had already seen him and reported it on the Walkie talkie.
After all, she thought he was dead. It's pretty shocking!
That kind of surprise could go on for hours!

Also, maybe she just saw the horse at first - then when we see her she might have just noticed all the guns, and maybe that's why she seems so shocked.

Isn't she in the mug-shots at the end too?
(sorry - I'm at work so I can't check these things at the moment)
dolfyn
Or, it could've been Billie Whitelaw's character on the walkie talkie. I'm pretty sure she isn't in the scene with all the shocked close-ups, but pops up during the gun-play with a machine gun. Considering the size of that gun, she would've had to run inside to get it, & so wasn't there for the stare-down. So, I believe they are all indeed accounted for. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Ade
I don't know why, but I'd always assumed that it was Doris Thatcher's voice on the walkie talkie for some reason.
Starscream`s Ghost
Probably because she's been round the airwaves on more than one occasion.
Ade
That was kinda my line of thinking, yes.
rabbit57i
Except for Easy-E, who died, all of NWA is still at large. wink.gif
thirtyhelens
True nuff.

Though, as whitey pointed out in another thread, Cube's got himself locked up in Shit Urban Family Comedy Penitentiary these days.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 27 2007, 07:38 PM)
True nuff.

Though, as whitey pointed out in another thread, Cube's got himself locked up in Shit Urban Family Comedy Penitentiary these days.

Hello...

I starred in Are We There Yet?

And this the motherfuckin' thanks I get?

You get no thanks, Cube. You sell out.
rabbit57i
He probably just wanted to be an actor all along but had to get into the entertainment business somehow, thus he became a rapper. Shit, Ice-T sang Cop Killer and now he plays a cop on TV. Now, that's a sell-out. happy.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 27 2007, 10:41 AM)
You get no thanks, Cube. You sell out.

To be fair, he did do some good films first.

I even liked him in Ghosts of Mars.
thewind
This discussion is getting very far, far off-topic!

I'm talking about the N.W.A.! You know, straight outta Sandford?
UnderSpaced
Topics get put off track all the time on these boards. It's just something you'll just have to get used to. happy.gif
mcraigclark
I want a cookie.
thirtyhelens
I think I have a touch of the anthrax.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jun 27 2007, 11:59 PM)
I think I have a touch of the anthrax.

You know what's good for that - Lemsip.
thirtyhelens
I wonder if you dissolved a bit of Cipro in a cup of Lemsip, how it would taste?
Starscream`s Ghost
Like rainbows. Probably.
thirtyhelens
Nice. I'd juice a 40 of rainbows.
Starscream`s Ghost
Rainbowade.

It's what's for breakfast. Followed by Lucky Charms.
Omniscia
When I was driving home from work the other day, after the rainstorm, the sun was at such an angle that the spray kicked up by the cars ahead of me was rainbow-coloured. And there was a rainbow stretching from one side of town to the other!

It was so strange, seeing these explosions of colour amidst the grey stormclouds, and the roadway...
dolfyn
Have a rainbow. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
Mrs Bisley
To be honest, if you think of the complexity of the script, Simon and Edgar wouldn't have overlooked something like that? It's all in there somewhere..

I thought it was the Headmistress of the school... ??

Nice rainbow, Dolfyn.
AusChick
Yeah I agree with Mrs B.
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jun 28 2007, 10:13 PM)
Yeah I agree with Mrs B.

biggrin.gif
thewind
Yep, it was the schoolteacher. It's mentioned in the Fuzz-o-Meter or whatever that subtitles track is called on the DVD.

I still think I'm brilliant, though.
AusChick
Here, have a medal.
dolfyn
Ah, well, mystery solved then. I've yet to watch it with the Fuzz-o-meter. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Jun 29 2007, 12:47 AM)
Nice rainbow, Dolfyn.

Ta. biggrin.gif I took the photo myself. It was the most awesome rainbow I've ever seen in my life. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
Rainbows? I hate those friggin' things! You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and they'll come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and start biting the inside of your ass, and you'll be all like, "Hey! Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows!"
dolfyn
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 29 2007, 06:15 PM)
Rainbows? I hate those friggin' things! You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and they'll come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and start biting the inside of your ass, and you'll be all like, "Hey! Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows!"

Don't you like my rainbow, Ghosty? sad.gif *bottom lip quivers*

tongue.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.