Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There's a Girl in the Garden
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Shaun of the Dead
thewind
"In the garden, there's a girl."

This reeks of being a reference to something, but I've never been able to suss out what it was. Help?
AusChick
I don't think it's a reference to anything.
Not as far as I know.

Though they do quote it in an amusing Roger McGough way during the commentary though.

But you know, Pegg & Wright have been known to write the odd original line. Not everything they create is "borrowed" from somewhere else. Keep that in mind.
sapphirejedi
Don't think it's a ref to anything, but Nick delivers it perfectly.
widowspider
It's a line from a song, they mention it in the commentary I believe. Can't remember what it's from off the top of my head, though.
maian
QUOTE (AusChick @ Jul 8 2007, 11:11 PM)
I don't think it's a reference to anything.
Not as far as I know.

Though they do quote it in an amusing Roger McGough way during the commentary though.
But you know, Pegg & Wright have been known to write the odd original line. Not everything they create is "borrowed" from somewhere else.  Keep that in mind.

Nah, they steal everything. Even their interviews are composed of old interviews by obscure and mainstream filmmakers,

QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 11 2007, 03:15 PM)
It's a line from a song, they mention it in the commentary I believe. Can't remember what it's from off the top of my head, though.

I think they say that it sounds like a song but is in fact something they made up. I could be wrong, though, since I haven't listened to the commentary in about 2 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.