Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Odds and Sods
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Zoe
Joaquin Phoenix probably isn't really quitting acting

I don't know which I'd prefer, the mockumentary, or him actually becoming a rapper...
logger
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 20 2009, 01:05 PM) *

Possible Album Titles:
We Own The Nizight
Ade
Possible Album Titles:

Walk The White Lines (Don't Do It)
grumpygit
Tom and Jerry in live-action film
Raven
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Jan 22 2009, 06:46 PM) *

Trade paper Variety says the new film will concentrate on how Tom and Jerry met and their subsequent rivalry.

One is a cat, one is a mouse.

Cats eat mice.

What more do you need to explain?!
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Jan 22 2009, 06:46 PM) *

They better not fucking talk.
maian
Yeah, the previous talking films of theirs aren't great.
GundamGuy_UK
It's okay when Tom sings "Is you is or is you ain't ma baby" though.
dandan
real or fake?
monkeyman
QUOTE (dandan @ Jan 26 2009, 06:58 PM) *

Hah, cool.
dandan
yeah, the spoof videos are pretty funny as well...
Jimmay
Jonathon Ross Tells Unforgivable Sex Joke

So are people just sitting there listening to/watching his shows and writing down anything they could potentially find offence so that they can send off their already pre-written letters of complaint in a bid to end his career? Are they actually sitting there relistening to every piece of recorded evidence of every show he's ever done for any channel ever taking caffeine tablets so they can keep awake documenting every offence thing that has ever left his lips? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Sostie
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 28 2009, 04:05 PM) *
Jonathon Ross Tells Unforgivable Sex Joke

So are people just sitting there listening to/watching his shows and writing down anything they could potentially find offence so that they can send off their already pre-written letters of complaint in a bid to end his career? Are they actually sitting there relistening to every piece of recorded evidence of every show he's ever done for any channel ever taking caffeine tablets so they can keep awake documenting every offence thing that has ever left his lips? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Even more ridiculous is that there was no victim until the Sunday papers tried to track down someone who they may have been talking about and then asked them what they though about what was said.

I think the paltry 25 post transmission complaints reveals how flimsy a story it is. Even those that support the Sunday papers view could see it was a bit pathetic
grumpygit
Wondered when this would get the complaints rolling in.
I would have complained about him playing the ting tings immediately after.
Now that's unforgivable.
monkeyman
People really should just fuck off and die.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (dandan @ Jan 26 2009, 06:58 PM) *

Very fake. But brilliant.

Some sad people (read: tabloid journalists) will not rest until they have had Ross's blood by the sound of it.

This is good though:

As a dog owner I for one would like to complain about Mr Ross's constant radio references to his pets' sexual antics. My poodle was so disgusted and sickened by his descriptions of lewd, bestial acts that she refused to put on her booties when it was time for walkies.
PrincessKate
Sally from 3rd Rock as Edina?
Never in a million years could I see that happening.
Sostie
If anyone is considering buying the new Empire based on the cover story - The Hobbit - don't bother. Four pages of speculation and not much else. They've obviously run out of ideas for pointless Star Wars features.
logger
Eye On Springfield A retrospective of when it was still funny.
Zoe
Websites like that annoy me. Not for reminding me of some choice Simpsons moments, but for declaring so confidently that seasons 1-9 are 'when it was funny'. For a start season one is barely a comedy. Surely even the harshest of critics wouldn't write off season 10?

It's got Ron Howard in it!

Can you drive?

Not well

And some of my favourite Skinner lines, ever

School dance? I didn't approve of any school dance!

Yes you did, yesterday! Right by my locker!

Oh, yes. Um, carry on.

Besides which, I still think it's funny; but I've had this argument before and no one ever agrees!

It's just oddly backhanded for a website's central function to be both celebrating and backhandedly criticising something.
logger
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 30 2009, 10:42 AM) *
It's just oddly backhanded for a website's central function to be both celebrating and backhandedly criticising something.

That's what the internet's for.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
The Basinger/Baldwin/Howard episode also has my favourite opening sketch, with Homer as Yogi Bear.

I was having the greatest dream. I had a hat and tie and no pants.

Wasn't the Max Power episode in season 10? That was comedy gold throughout.

The internet is wrong.
Zoe
Yes, yes it is.

I'm taking charge! Kids, there's three ways to do things! The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!

Isn't that the wrong way?

Yeah, but faster!
Sir_Robin_the_brave
The site has reminded me of some classic visual gags though, as well as the genius of Lionel Hutz.

Works on contingency? No, money down!
maian
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jan 30 2009, 01:31 PM) *
The site has reminded me of some classic visual gags though, as well as the genius of Lionel Hutz.

Works on contingency? No, money down!

I miss Phil Hartman.
logger
The Thing to get prequel
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (logger @ Jan 31 2009, 01:43 PM) *

The Thing doesn't need a prequel. I don't even like the shot of the ship at the start of it.
logger
A prequel does seem odd, is it going to be what happened to the Norwegians or is it going to be all aliens until it crashes on Earth? A sequel or remake would seem a more obvious choice.
GundamGuy_UK
Or just leave it be.
logger
I'm not really bothered either way, if it's good then great but if it stinks then I'll just try and avoid it. It would be nice if people could come up with original ideas, though (yes, I know The Thing is a remake).
dandan
last i read, it was being filmed in norway, so i'd guess it is going to be the tale of what happened at their camp...
logger
Slap Shot to be remade Definitely won't be as good.
Omniscia
QUOTE (logger @ Feb 4 2009, 09:10 AM) *
Slap Shot to be remade Definitely won't be as good.

You've gotta be frakking kidding me. You can't remake Slap Shot! There is no Slap Shot without Paul Newman and the Hanson brothers!

And they'd better not get the other Hanson brothers for the remake...
logger
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Feb 6 2009, 05:11 AM) *
And they'd better not get the other Hanson brothers for the remake...

It'll probably be the Jonas brothers.
NiteFall
Could be worse, could be the Wayans brothers.
logger
That gave me a cold shiver.
dandan
this looks like it will be funny, but my lack of audio at work means i'll have to listen to it later. still, you can all enjoy it and let me know what i'm missing, if anything...

Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn’t seen it)
logger
Yeah, saw that the other day. 'Salright.
Ade
Amanda's cute.
PrincessKate
New Simpson's Opening Credits for move to HD.
GundamGuy_UK
The Simpsons really is trying too hard now, isn't it?

Not only has it jumped the shark, it's done it several times whilst on fire and dancing on the skis, and vomiting catchphrases all over the place. But Fox won't cancel it, because it still rakes in the ratings. So somebody's still watching it.
Zoe
Me!

Those look great on my sexy sexy iPhone. It's about time they updated the credits. I hate old Simpsons animation - series one is unwatchable. It looks like I drew it.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 15 2009, 01:00 PM) *
So somebody's still watching it.

I firmly believe that people watch it out of habit.
Zoe
I watch it because I find it funny.
Llama
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 13 2009, 10:39 PM) *
Amanda's cute.

Yup.

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Feb 15 2009, 11:47 AM) *

Ew.
GundamGuy_UK
I was watching some of season 7 earlier, and it reminded me of how great it used to be.
Atara
The Simpsons lost it years ago.
logger
I'm in the Simpsons isn't funny any more camp but I thought the film was ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.