Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Odds and Sods
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
logger
I think I'm going to watch it tonight now.
logger
Tony Jaa becomes a buddhist monk.
NiteFall
Problem solving. Mythbusters style.

Actually a very interesting little talk from Adam Savage about his problem solving process and how it works for him.
PrincessKate
Fife's "Top Children's Act" Caught up in Whitehaven tragedy
There's a time and a place for shameless self-promotion, and this really isn't it.
(Nicked from Popbitch)
Raven
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 3 2010, 06:23 PM) *
Fife's "Top Children's Act" Caught up in Whitehaven tragedy
There's a time and a place for shameless self-promotion, and this really isn't it.
(Nicked from Popbitch)

It's not exactly self-promotion though is it? It's just a local paper reporting that a group from their area were caught up in yesterdays shootings.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 3 2010, 07:31 PM) *
It's not exactly self-promotion though is it? It's just a local paper reporting that a group from their area were caught up in yesterdays shootings.

Ah, the direct quote from t'bitch, which I omitted, was that their management company was emailing the article to various media outlets:

Sent to Scottish newspapers yesterday at
14.05pm - exactly ONE minute after
the Cumbrian gunman's body was found...
a press release from children's entertainers,
The Singing Kettle".

It said this - "Please find a press release
and picture for the Singing Kettle who where
[sic] caught up in the horrific shooting in
Whitehaven earlier today."
Raven
^ Ah, yes, makes a bit more sense now!

Not the best way to publicise your clients, I wonder how much longer they will be?
Sostie
I have the first couple of series of Shameless on DVD, but have never really sat down and watched them. I've seen the odd episode here and there. I may now watch a few just so I can compare it to this

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt1586680/

William H Macy as Frank!
GundamGuy_UK
The Wilhelm Times?
gulfcoast_highwayman
According to yhaoo today, there may be another sequel to '£ Men & A Baby'.

They use this headline:

Tom Selleck is set to reteam with Ted Danson and Steve Guttenberg for the highly-anticipated second sequel to the trio's hit comedy 3 Men And A Baby.

Can you spot the two words that don't fit?

No, not Steve Guttenberg.
maian
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 5 2010, 09:49 PM) *

They use this headline:

Tom Selleck is set to reteam with Ted Danson and Steve Guttenberg for the highly-anticipated second sequel to the trio's hit comedy 3 Men And A Baby.

Can you spot the two words that don't fit?

That was reported on The A.V. Club a few days ago. i link to the article just for this bit:

Selleck was quoted as saying it’s “tentatively called Three Men And A Bride, which kind of says it all [about the story].”

Indeed. In fact, couldn’t we all just pretend like we’ve already seen it? Because it feels like we have. And it was great, guys—lots of heart and humor, and a fitting way to wrap things up. The way you made it seem like Mary’s wedding might not happen after all but then, through a series of comic interventions, it suddenly did; those heartbreaking scenes where it’s revealed that Tom Selleck is no longer married to Nancy Travis, then a last-minute reconciliation, followed by the revelation that she’s pregnant again; that awesome reprise of the Three Men singing “Goodnight, Sweetheart” to their all-grown-up Little Lady at the wedding reception—smiles, tears, applause. Thanks, we got it.
Llama
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 5 2010, 09:13 PM) *
The Wilhelm Times?

Haha, that's great.
logger

I have a soft spot for Steve Guttenberg after he played himself in Party Down the other week. He is in great shape for 50.
Raven

I caught part of Three Men and a Little Lady At Easter(?) and the thought ran though my mind then that they could make another sequel now where Mary is getting married.

Sorry folks, it is obviously all my fault . . .
Sostie

Are people really excited about this?

Don't forget Wednesday - the annual slagging off of new housmates as they enter Big Brother.
maian
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 5 2010, 11:47 PM) *
I have a soft spot for Steve Guttenberg after he played himself in Party Down the other week. He is in great shape for 50.

I had to change my opinion of him after he played the Mayor in Season 2 of Veronica Mars. Though a 3 Men and a Baby sequel would not be the best option, I would like to see him have a resurgence since he can be very funny in the right role.
logger
Yeah, he made one too many duff career choices when he was big, and he was big for a short while, and there's only so long can do that cute thing before it becomes unbearable.
monkeyman
The fuck...
sweetbutinsane
That's got to be a joke, right?
melzilla
Selleck was quoted as saying it’s “tentatively called Three Men And A Bride, which kind of says it all [about the story].”

Indeed. In fact, couldn’t we all just pretend like we’ve already seen it? Because it feels like we have. And it was great, guys—lots of heart and humor, and a fitting way to wrap things up. The way you made it seem like Mary’s wedding might not happen after all but then, through a series of comic interventions, it suddenly did; those heartbreaking scenes where it’s revealed that Tom Selleck is no longer married to Nancy Travis, then a last-minute reconciliation, followed by the revelation that she’s pregnant again; that awesome reprise of the Three Men singing “Goodnight, Sweetheart” to their all-grown-up Little Lady at the wedding reception—smiles, tears, applause. Thanks, we got it.

Big lols.

Also Hollyoaks lols. At least an alien might be more believable than most of the other characters.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 6 2010, 01:42 PM) *
Yeah, he made one too many duff career choices when he was big, and he was big for a short while, and there's only so long can do that cute thing before it becomes unbearable.

I cuaght him on one of the free (i.e. shit) movie channels last night. There was a showing of chuckle fest 'The Day After'.
logger
I didn't know he was in that.
Everlong
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 6 2010, 02:25 PM) *

That's just mental.
empathy-with-beast
Worked for Happy Days.
Downsy
ISn't Hollyoaks just an advert for their DVDs and calendars nowadays?
PrincessKate
I know this is in a poisonous newspaper, but I kind of hope it's true:
Brooker and Huq to wed?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 9 2010, 06:55 AM) *
Brooker and Huq to wed?

I've just seen that too. According to a Sun stroy today, her nex 'X' Factor duties have meant they had to postpone the nuptuals.

Apart from that, I'm shocked, but it's a good shocked. I like both of them immensely.
monkeyman
James Corden is a fanny
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 9 2010, 03:32 PM) *

He is and also - Sir Patrick was acting like a cock too. I expected him to be better than that. It was just very strange.

And he has seen everything. Now.
Everlong
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jun 9 2010, 04:03 PM) *
He is and also - Sir Patrick was acting like a cock too. I expected him to be better than that. It was just very strange.

Indeed. Bit silly of him to complain about Corden having his hands in his pocket (and saying it completely the wring way), but Corden should have left it there.
maian
Neither of them comes out of it well, but I think Corden comes off worse for being belligerent and failing to defuse the situation in a way which was actually funny.
logger
You had me at cocks fuck fannys.
m0r1arty
The Beeb clip makes it look worse I've got to say. ITV has a longer, more well rounded, clip.

I'd say it's staged.

Corden is in 'Doctor Who' this week on The Beeb, in 'A League of Their Own' on Sky and in 'The World Cup show' on ITV all whilst making headlines mocking Sir Patrick during his stint as a host.

When being crass is your only attribute it's expected that you'll exploit it fully.

-m0r
monkeyman
QUOTE (maian @ Jun 9 2010, 05:07 PM) *
Neither of them comes out of it well, but I think Corden comes off worse for being belligerent and failing to defuse the situation in a way which was actually funny.

Agreed.
Shack
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 9 2010, 06:55 AM) *
Brooker and Huq to wed?

I once saw Konnie Huq at York station with her then boyfriend Richard Bacon. She obviously likes a snarky bloke.

Serafina_Pekkala
Also, Sir Patrick looks a bit pissed. Corden - like he had something else. Neither can do banter. Saldana should have left well alone.

Cocaine makes you act like a cock. Don't do it, Lindsay.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Shack @ Jun 10 2010, 05:34 PM) *
I once saw Konnie Huq at York station with her then boyfriend Richard Bacon. She obviously likes a snarky bloke.

Bless Richard Bacon - have you ever heard the voice over he does on the traffic policeman programme? He gets all boyish and excited.
PrincessKate
I want this celeb couple story to be true, too.
So cute, both of 'em.
Llama
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 12 2010, 11:17 PM) *

Chemistry: Kevin and Jenna dated on the show and it seems their close off the set too

Good work, Daily Fail.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Simon and Jess are appearing in tonight's 'The Soup' on sky channel 151. It begins at 7.30.
logger
Why have they moved The Soup to that time, I never see it. I hope it gets repeated at a later time.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Don't worry, loggs, it was a dirty lie! They never appeared!

Sorry.
logger
Are they going to be on it? The official thread doesn't seem to be too sure either.

Anyway, Sam Raimi to direct RDJ in Wizard of Oz prequel (?)
Llama
Steve Jobs responds to the iPhone 4 design fault causing loss of signal when it's picked up by saying, "Just avoid holding it in that way."

monkeyman
laugh.gif Christ. How the hell did they not discover that flaw in tests and things?
Llama
I think the actual "phone" part of iPhone has been long since forgotten. They should just call it the iApp.
Ade
Heheh. I liked Charlie Brooker's tweet about it, along the lines of "Apple invents a new toilet that you can't sit on".

I guess that'd be the iCrap.

logger
Andrew Garfield is the new Spider-Man At first I thought he was just another hair farmer doofus, but I realised he was in Red Riding. I wonder if Peter Parker will uncover any similar stories as a reporter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.