Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Odds and Sods
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (shinyelvenqueen @ Sep 13 2010, 08:17 AM) *
I've been watching alot of this recently. Don't know if anyone else has or knows about it.

Of course! I have oft spoke of my lust and admiration for Felicia Day on the 'Objects Of Desire' thread. She is the Queen of the whole internet as far as I'm concerned.
widowspider
QUOTE (shinyelvenqueen @ Sep 13 2010, 07:17 AM) *
I've been watching alot of this recently. Don't know if anyone else has or knows about it.

Oho yes. I'm a massive Guild fan. Especially with added Wheaton (the portrait of him and Felicia that Greg Aronowitz did for the show is EPIC).
Llama
I started watching it yesterday, as a Warcraft player I both enjoy and dislike it. It's very confusing. Felicia is very nice though.
gulfcoast_highwayman
The 3 issue pre-quel comic was very good too. Written be Felciai, I'm not sure where her talents end.
logger
Look what I've just found

Still no idea when it's coming here.

I guess the dude on the left is replacing the werewolf guy.
Ade
Awesome. I loved the pilot episode on Channel 4 a while back - thought it had loads of potential. Chuffed to see there's a series on the way!
logger
The pilot was high-larious. I knew he was filming the series but had no idea when it was coming out.
Everlong
I never saw the pilot.

Is that Neil from Inbetweeners on the left? Cast looks good.
mcraigclark
Want to climb a 1768-foot tower to change a lightbulb?

Didn't think so.
logger
^Yikes.

QUOTE (Everlong @ Sep 15 2010, 10:57 PM) *

Not sure but it does have a look of him.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Everlong @ Sep 15 2010, 10:57 PM) *

It is. Looking rather nice, and complementing the GOB face of sex to the forefront.

Something I'm not happy about: Sky to shut down Bravo

It doesn't serve a similar demographic to Sky One - which is a flagship channel showing family programming and US imports for the most part - at all, it's all guns, guts and the criminal underclasses getting caught on camera. I will miss Bravo, it's my guilty pleasure channel.
Ade
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Sep 16 2010, 01:36 AM) *

Faarrrrk that.

I can't even watch that video clip for more than a few seconds without having to look away.
mcraigclark
I watched it all the way through, and ended up with sweaty palms and an elevated heart rate.
logger
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Sep 16 2010, 08:54 AM) *

It doesn't serve a similar demographic to Sky One - which is a flagship channel showing family programming and US imports for the most part - at all, it's all guns, guts and the criminal underclasses getting caught on camera. I will miss Bravo, it's my guilty pleasure channel.

I shall miss Sheriff John Bunnell so much it's unbelievable.
melzilla
QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 16 2010, 09:56 AM) *
Faarrrrk that.

I can't even watch that video clip for more than a few seconds without having to look away.

My thoughts exactly! It would make quite a good form of torture.
Ade
QUOTE (melzilla @ Sep 16 2010, 04:22 PM) *
My thoughts exactly! It would make quite a good form of torture.

Me glazzies! Me glazzies!

Blurp blurp.

Me so not have a head for heightses. They gives me the frightses.
shinyelvenqueen

Oh god i'm feeling dizzy, he just doesn't stop climbing. I wonder what their salary is?

HIMYM S6 starts airing in America next week, but there should be a website which might show it a week later for those that can't wait...
sweetbutinsane

I couldn't do that with a safety harness, let alone without one!
Everlong
It makes my stomach jump.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Sep 16 2010, 08:54 AM) *

I would imagine TNA won't be shown anymore, seeing as Sky loves it's WWE, or WWPG-14 as I like to call it.
Ade
QUOTE (Everlong @ Sep 16 2010, 08:55 PM) *
It makes my stomach jump.

Mine was doing backflips. Finally managed to overcome the attack of vertigo the other day and watched the whole thing, but not without the sweaty palms!

I was also intrigued to discover that the answer to the question: Want to know why these men do this job? turned out to be 'www.amazon.com'. mellow.gif
maian
This is probably the best place for this:

Here's an article my friends Pat and Sara wrote about Chinese Ghost Weddings

Yes, it is a very weird thing.
monkeyman

"The Walking Dead" sizzle reel
Some very minor spoilers maybe. There's a decent amount of new footage, gore, zombies and cast talking a bit. Some of the zombies look bloody awesome.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Sep 26 2010, 04:14 PM) *
"The Walking Dead" sizzle reel
Some very minor spoilers maybe. There's a decent amount of new footage, gore, zombies and cast talking a bit. Some of the zombies look bloody awesome.

I'm really looking forward to this, but I just learned that DirecTV don't have AMC HD. Boooo!
Zoe
24 trailers that function as standalone works of art
maian
The trailers for Dr. Strangelove and Psycho are particularly brilliant.
Zoe
'The Shining' is amazing! Wes Anderson has nicked his whole visual style from that trailer (minus the blood)
maian
I love the story about Kubrick arguing that it wasn't blood, just "rusty" water, in order to get it past the censors.

I really like the Anatomy of a Murder trailer, too. It's really jarring seeing actors being involved in such an elaborate piece of advertising like that.
Serafina_Pekkala
David Fincher does some great trailers.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 29 2010, 01:00 PM) *
24 trailers that function as standalone works of art

The Where The Wild Things Are trailer is sooooo much better than the film. It's actually one of my favourite trailers ever.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
I doubt I'll ever bother seeing the film, but The Comedian trailer has been a favourite of mine for years.

Ade
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Sep 29 2010, 07:05 PM) *
I doubt I'll ever bother seeing the film, but The Comedian trailer has been a favourite of mine for years.

That is, hands down, one of the very best movie trailers. Now, more than ever...
widowspider
QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 29 2010, 07:00 PM) *
The Where The Wild Things Are trailer is sooooo much better than the film. It's actually one of my favourite trailers ever.

Totally agreed.
logger
Zack Snyder to direct Superman
Serafina_Pekkala
Didn't they already do this? Is it another Brandon Routh one? Jeez. I guess they will keep trying till they get it as successful as t'other Batman.

I had this remaking for no reason other than they can.
Zoe
Snoooooooze

Unless they bring back Brandon Routh. Who is ace in everything he is in and is BORN to be Superman.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 5 2010, 10:07 AM) *
Snoooooooze

Unless they bring back Brandon Routh. Who is ace in everything he is in and is BORN to be Superman.

He was great in Chuck. He's like a straight Barrowman.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 5 2010, 10:07 AM) *

Yeah - he was great. And yet - Bosworth was awful. Anyway. Yeah - snoozy.

But I also don't see why they are re-doing Spiderman either.
logger
I thought he was perfect for Supes and that's about the best I can say about that film.
Zoe
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Oct 5 2010, 11:12 AM) *
Yeah - he was great. And yet - Bosworth was awful. Anyway. Yeah - snoozy.

But I also don't see why they are re-doing Spiderman either.

Speaking of which Emma Stone is Gwen Stacy

Why do they keep getting redheads to play Gwen Stacy and blondes to play MJ?

Sounds like they're not going to waste one of the great tragic love stories of all time this time round.

Still feels too soon.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I approve of this casting. Despite htme having to die her gorgeous hair.
widowspider
Sorry to disappoint you all, but she's actually a natural blonde.
Zoe
I read that too - but I don't believe it.

Kidman claims the same.
logger
Hendricks too.

Emma Stone doesn't look very blond in this picture taken from the camera I hid in her bathroom.
Serafina_Pekkala

Looks pretty natural to me.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 5 2010, 09:41 AM) *

Just in case he's checking the forum (which he definitely, definitely is), I'm going to throw my hat in the ring.

What I lack in muscles and height, I make up for in shortness and fat. Call me.
logger
The dots in comics used to really freak me out as a kid.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 7 2010, 10:32 PM) *
The dots in comics used to really freak me out as a kid.

Yeah, my skin condition freaks a lot of children out too.
Rua
I think this looks better. Imagine the response you would get on Craigslist.

QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Oct 7 2010, 10:17 PM) *

Call me.

logger
Morrissey on Pop Quiz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.