Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Odds and Sods
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
gulfcoast_highwayman
Further proof that popular music reached perfection in the early 80's!
Rebus
Partridge is back.
Everlong
QUOTE (Rebus @ Oct 8 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Yay, might be good. I look forward to checking them out.
logger
Beer giant Foster's is sponsoring a new series of 12 short Partridge shows for the internet, which will appear online from November 5.

This sentence does not fill me with hope.
Everlong
I'm hoping it just means they're sponsoring it and just that.

widowspider
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Oct 7 2010, 09:17 PM) *
Just in case he's checking the forum (which he definitely, definitely is), I'm going to throw my hat in the ring.

What I lack in muscles and height, I make up for in shortness and fat. Call me.

Hot.
Bloomeeney
Stephen Manghan as Dirk Gently

Could be interesting....
logger
Eric Stoltz was the original Marty McFly with footage of him in the role
Zoe
He looks hot.
PrincessKate
He really does.
widowspider
He and Michael J Fox looked really alike when they were younger. It's a bit uncanny.

Stoltz is still looking pretty foxy in Caprica.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (widowspider @ Oct 13 2010, 05:24 PM) *
He and Michael J Fox looked really alike when they were younger. It's a bit uncanny.

Stoltz is still looking pretty foxy in Caprica.

He directed this week's US Glee. It was a fantastic episode too.
melzilla
QUOTE (Rebus @ Oct 14 2010, 01:50 AM) *

The one with the matresses is brilliant.
Zoe
I thought people might be interested in this event I have happening in a few weeks

Let me know if you're coming along
Everlong
Looks interesting. Will I find anyone else to go? Nope. Boo.

On the subject of Brooker..

Charlie Brooker calls time on Screen Burn

But he's still doing his other regular Guardian columns. plus he confirms on his twitter more Newswipe and Screenwipe.

But Grace Dent takes over! Good stuff.
melzilla
QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 15 2010, 04:00 PM) *

Great farewell. She's got some big boots of lol to fill.
Raven
Very good, the end of an era.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I like Grace Dent, but she must come to realise that Graham off Corrie is a complete twat, and not funny in the slightest.
Downsy
A little slice of awesome
Everlong
QUOTE (Downsy @ Oct 16 2010, 12:58 AM) *

Excellent.
logger
Nathan Fillion wants to play Nathan Drake Makes sense to me.
Everlong
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 18 2010, 04:47 PM) *

He'd be awesome. He's probably the best suited to it too, (I remember Hugh Jackman being mentioned for it ages ago)
Julie
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 18 2010, 11:47 AM) *

The first time I played it, I thought, 'This needs to be either Ryan Reynolds or Nathan Fillion'.
logger
QUOTE (Julie @ Oct 18 2010, 07:17 PM) *
The first time I played it, I thought, 'This needs to be either Ryan Reynolds or Nathan Fillion'.

That would be my one worry about it being Fillion, the suits would probably want someone younger for a franchise. Reynolds would be alright, or Chris Evans/Pine.
Atara
When I first playd Drakes Fortune I thought it was Nathan Fillion

Nolan North wants Jackman, but he has a bit of a grudge against Fillion it seems. Jackman is far more 'too old' for the role than Fillion.

If not, Chris Evans etc would beokay but in my mind Drake and Fillion are one and the same.
Serafina_Pekkala
FILLION!

Can we start a campaign? It worked for Ken Stott and Rebus.
Atara
I think he started one himself biggrin.gif
Bloomeeney
Now this could have been interesting.
Llama
Vintage posters discovered in abandoned tube station.

So cool.
logger
I always find it weird that the olden days weren't really in black and white.
Ade
QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 23 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Absolutely cool. Nice find.

QUOTE (logger @ Oct 23 2010, 08:22 PM) *
I always find it weird that the olden days weren't really in black and white.

I still find it surprising when I'm reminded that the Underground dates back as far as it does.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 24 2010, 12:51 AM) *
I still find it surprising when I'm reminded that the Underground dates back as far as it does.

And it used to be steam powered!

I love Mark Williams shows for Discovery.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 23 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Those are brilliant. Shame they're going to be hidden away again.
Zoe
I think it's pretty neat they're sealing them up again.

It's not as if there aren't hundreds of archive collections full of posters accessible to the public. You don't see queues round the block outside manuscripts and special collections departments. The novelty of these is their location and context, that's what captures our imagination. It's like a little time capsule.
widowspider
Wow, so cool! I like the fact that they are just going to leave them in situ - wonder if they'll be discovered in thousands of years by an archaeologist. That would be cool.
Rebus
As crap as Tron 2 is likely to ultimately be, this is still pretty fucking cool!.
logger
Best wedding ever!!!
Sean of the Dead
What we've all been waiting to read.
gulfcoast_highwayman
From Danny Baker's Facebook page:

Hello cats and kittens,

Apologies for the cloak and d. over recent weeks. However as it appears this is going to continue for the forseeable I really ought to offer up some sort of breadcrumbs trail as to what's going on. (As you know I am queasy about introducing vulgar real life onto the vaudeville stage so let's keep this crisp.)

After a pretty mouldy diagnosis about a month back I finally begin chemotherapy on Monday with further radiotherapy from January. Yes radiotherapy; can you beat it? This being so, the old treehouse baggy pants will be donned but sparingly. Once the quacks have soundly thrashed this thing I shall return like a rare gas and as if out of a trap. In the meantime I am watching Tommy Steele box sets (and has there ever been a more lying title to a film than TS's "It's All Happening"?) and urge you all to keep yakking up a storm and laugh extra loud at the incumbents.

Thank you for all the best wishes and concern from those who suspected as much about my "condition" and by all means keep ringing up Baylen and Amy to demand more and more Atomic Rooster and Spooky Tooth records.

So. Manly handshake. Walk right on. In the words of King George, "What what and there it is..."

DB

Get well soon Danny. The world needs you.
Downsy
Bob Marley's curse? ph34r.gif

Get well soon Danny.

melzilla
Sad news. Here's to a speedy and full recovery.
GundamGuy_UK
In January, you could own one of these:
Ade
New Alan Partridge series starts today! Watch 'Mid Morning Matters' HERE

Mustard.

Zoe
Tim's in it! I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and he never said.

That's awesome.
Sostie
Has this been mentioned already? Dirk Gently coming to our screens this Christmas.
Everlong
I knew Mangan had been cast, but didn't know it was on so soon. Nice.
PrincessKate
As I embark on Lost Girls again (only seems to be readable in the frozen winter months), I once again begin to worry about things like this. The book was bought for me in good faith, and is easily found in bookshops all over the place, but there's still that niggling feeling that I own something that's understandably objectionable to some people, and what happens if they pass that law? Am I going to be prosecuted for having a copy? For appreciating the artwork?
Maybe I should just instigate a Gestapo-style book burning and have done with it.
omni
QUOTE (Rebus @ Oct 26 2010, 08:57 PM) *
As crap as Tron 2 is likely to ultimately be, this is still pretty fucking cool!.

Daft Punk is doing the music for the film? DAFT PUNK!? This makes me wish I still did acid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.