Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Odds and Sods
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
logger
Pegg eyes Star Wars job
Raven
Morgan Freeman injured in car accident - doesn't sound good . . .
thirtyhelens
Well, he's in serious condition, which is better than critical; sounds like they were able to get him to a hospital in time. (Though our Harmony informs me that that particular Memphis hospital is pretty shite. Must have been a needs-must situation... give Red a transfer if he's stable, eh?)
Raven
Piper: I was a sweaty sea cow on 'Call Girl' - that has to be the quote of the year!
Raven
BBC to 'reimagine' The Thirty-nine Steps.

Could be good, I quite like that story!
GundamGuy_UK
I don't think we have a toy thread, so I'll leave this here. Want it so very, very much:

maian
Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona diary.

Very funny.
Raven
Beeb to resurrect Reggie Perrin - with Martin Clunes?!

My first thought was "why?!", but given a little more time I've started to think that it could work. Still not convinced though . . .
Zoe
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 26 2008, 12:34 PM)
not convinced

ditto
Sostie
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 26 2008, 12:34 PM)
Beeb to resurrect Reggie Perrin - with Martin Clunes?!

It's an inwritten rule that if Rossiter did it first, none can follow.

The Prince Charles Cinema in London has some nice double-bills over the next few months (9 for each double)

Mon 25th August:
6:05pm - Alien (Directors Cut)
9:00pm - Predator

Mon 1st September:
6:45pm - Raising Arizona
8:50pm - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Mon 8th September:
6:45pm - Godzilla (1954)
9:00pm - King Kong (1933)

Mon 15th September:
6:00pm - All About Eve
8:55pm - The Apartment

Mon 22nd September:
6:10pm - Jurassic Park
8:55pm - Jaws

Mon 29th September:
6:40pm - Rear Window
9:00pm - Psycho (1960)

Mon 6th October:
6:30pm - Get Carter (1971)
9:00pm - The Italian Job (1969)

Mon 13th October:
6:40pm - Ghostbusters
9:00pm - Gremlins
Raven
Piper: 'I keep showing people my boobs'

I bet she doesn't . . .
KevinandNick
Worzel Gummidge I couldn't really care about, but I'm a little miffed that they're digging up Rentaghost.

Joe Pasquale made a stage-show musical out of it a while back and I thought that it was a ghastly idea.

They'll never be able to recapture the magic of the original show - many of the cast are dead - it's quite shocking to think that Michael Staniforth (Mr Claypole) died not long after the show ended.

Rentaghost contained some of the bitchiest and funniest marital cat-fighting ever put on TV in the form of Harold & Ethyl Meeker. If you've ever watched the one where Harold avoids talking to his nagging wife by putting a pre-recorded tape to the speaker of his telephone and endless repeats "yes, Ethyl - no, Ethyl - three bags full, Ethyl", you'll realise just how amusing it was.

The show started off relatively seriously, when Mr Mumford is killed and tries to hide his new dead status from his parents, but the show quickly went for broader slapstick until they brought in Dobbin the pantomime horse and Christopher Biggins. wacko.gif

Kev W
GundamGuy_UK
8 Classic Movies That Got Away With Gaping Plot Holes
Outatime
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Sep 16 2008, 03:38 PM)

I like the Lion King one.
Raven
Very good, I like the Harry Potter one.

The Back to the Future one on the The 6 Most Depressing Happy Endings in Movie History is quite good too!
maian
Hehe, very good. I remember reading somewhere that someone once pointed out the plothole in Citizen Kane to Orson Welles. After a few moments of awkward silence, Welles said something along the lines of ''Don't tell anyone about this''. Except probably much grander, and followed by ''The same thing we do every night, Pinky...''
Omniscia
A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All!, coming soon to a television near you.
thirtyhelens
Robert Wagner confirms: Barbara Stanwyck was a cougar.

Awesome.
Shack
Have finally got round to watching Series 1 of 15 Storeys High.

Really enjoyed it, but would have preferred another watch of Sean Lock and Benedict Wong, so will probably have to snap up a DVD.
Serafina_Pekkala
Stupidest story ever - i hope it is made up.

PETA want Ben and Jerry's to use breast milk? Cue hiring exploited women in the third world then ...

Apparently cow's milk encourages Americans to be fat. Except it doesn't happen in other countries were people don't drive everywhere and eat junk food.

Yeah - it'll be the cow's milk.
dandan
well, as much as the dairy industry is kinda vile, this is a pretty outrageous suggestion...

as a matter of interest, how many of the board's vegetarian contingent, who have anti-exploitation of animals reasons for being so, still consume dairy and haven't gone vegan?
blackcherry
"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense,"

And adult humans consuming huge quantities of milk that was meant for a baby human does? huh.gif

Logic is obviously not a friend of PETA.
Starscream`s Ghost
PETA have always been batshit, how is this news?

ETA: they probably wouldn't like me using the term 'batshit'. Makes me want to use it all the more, actually.
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Sep 26 2008, 12:11 PM)
PETA have always been batshit, how is this news?

ETA: they probably wouldn't like me using the term 'batshit'. Makes me want to use it all the more, actually.

You should probably say humanshit, then you're not abusuing any small furry animals . . .
Starscream`s Ghost
Can't I just feed PETA members to lions?

Who am I kidding, they'd probably love it.
Raven
That's no reason not to do it . . .
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Sep 26 2008, 12:17 PM)
Can't I just feed PETA members to lions?

Who am I kidding, they'd probably love it.

I'm a PETA member, I gave them 15 a month for ages.
Starscream`s Ghost
But would you eat breast milk ice cream for them?
Zoe
*shrugs*

No weirder than drinking cow breast milk.
Jubei
But, but, milk from a cow is breast milk, just a bovine breast... There's a million stories about one type of nursing animal adopting baby other animals, and nursing them. Hell, jus the other day I read one about a pig adopting 3 tiger cubs or something. And where would all this millk come from? In the modern dairy industry, cows are routinely inseminated and give birth to keep up production. How would we do that with people???
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 26 2008, 01:27 PM)
I'm a PETA member, I gave them 15 a month for ages.

Quick! Feed her to a lion!
Zoe
I wouldn't bother, I'd probably love it.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 26 2008, 12:42 PM)
*shrugs*

No weirder than drinking cow breast milk.

But not as sexy.

Bitty

On the general subject - Breast feeding is exhausting. And requires huge amounts of calories a day or you fade away. The idea that it is an easy alternative is rubbish. Who would do it? Erm ... poor chicks in Guatamala and India, that's who.

Although Jubei's suggestion about insemination is very sinister (in a BSG cylon farming way), it raises a good question - how would this work? Breastfeeding is often used a (somewhat ineffective) contraceptive in the third world cos of lack of periods Or there would be prolactin injections. Hormones for you there.

Also - what would one do with all the cows? Other thean eat them or cull them in a large burning pit. They aren't very pet-like. And modern dairy cows are prone to mastitis if not milked. It's the way they have been bred for centuries. Dairy food and cow meat was often the only thing available to people in some Western European societies. Especially if one didn't hold more than an acre or two.

Not to excuse the horrors of teh industry but whatever - practically clearly not an issue here. There has to be a better way.
Jubei
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Sep 26 2008, 02:44 PM)
Although Jubei's suggestion about insemination is very sinister

I wasn't suggesting that I do the insemination, although now I think about it... and I could claim royalties on all the milk produced...
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jubei @ Sep 26 2008, 01:48 PM)
I wasn't suggesting that I do the insemination, although now I think about it... and I could claim royalties on all the milk produced...

That's just even more evil.

The Inseminator.

Yes - someone make a Terminator joke - quickly.
NiteFall
How about the milk of Jesus?
Serafina_Pekkala
Kosher?
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 26 2008, 02:22 PM)
I wouldn't bother, I'd probably love it.

Rar!
Raven
Statham raps Death Race warning.

Nice picture there for your shrine there Sost!
logger
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 27 2008, 12:40 PM)

I thought that was meant to be a joke when I saw it.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 27 2008, 12:40 PM)

Here was me hoping for him performing an actual rap.

My name is Jason Statham and I'm here to shout,
Death Race is just a movie, I know what I'm on about.
The explosions are effects and the crashes are a stunt,
So don't try this at home, you chavy little boy.
Serafina_Pekkala
He looks nice and bristly in that picture. Stath - and of course, the lion.
Raven
Not in front of the children Americans - Little Britain USA is 'too crude'.
logger
Ryan Reynolds & Scarlett Johansson marry
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (logger @ Sep 28 2008, 12:34 PM)

Ahhh. Shame to loose him from the noble batchelor race but he seems to like quirky non-plastic chicks with big tits. And for that reason alone, he s goodly.

Weirdly, my friend who looks (and sounds) like Scarlett also has a tall boyfriend called Ryan. He isn't Canadian though.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I finally watched 'The Island' last night.

Reynolds is a lucky bastard.
Shack
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 27 2008, 11:40 AM)

I wasn't going to see this until I read the following line from the film:

"Okay cocksucker. Fuck with me, and we'll see who shits on the sidewalk."
Starscream`s Ghost
Superman fans unite to save house

This makes me happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.