Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOS ANGELES HOT FUZZ DVD SIGNING - Virgin Hollywoo
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2
edgar wright
Yes, indeed. All Los Angeles denizens, come find me next Tuesday at...

Virgin Megastore @ Hollywood & Highland
6801 Hollywood Blvd. Ste. 105
Hollywood, CA 90028
August 7, 2007
7 pm

Do come along. I'll sign shit and everything.

See you there?

E
frostitute
Where is Nick? Did he bail back to the motherland?
Omniscia
I guess it's only fair that Los Angeles gets these events. Small comfort for actually having to live there. wink.gif

Which is not to say it does not have fine people.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Aug 1 2007, 01:37 PM)
Which is not to say it does not have fine people.

You're effing excused. laugh.gif

(It's okay, I know exactly what's wrong with LA and I'll be the first to admit it. Unfortunately most who visit, particularly if they are in the industry, only see that side of it. You all have open invitations to see my LA if you are ever in the 'hood...)
frostitute
I'll be in LA in October, can I see the hood?

(I think we had this conversation before)
thirtyhelens
And I think the answer was "If you behave yourself and don't stone-cold ditch us like you did last time, then maybe" wink.gif
mcraigclark
Pooshits. I'm now even further away from LA than I was last time. Have a good time for me, Nic. Tell Edgar that DC misses him.
thirtyhelens
I'll tell him that Bush saw his angry protest and wants a rematch.

ETA: I'm sure I've heard the term "pooshits" before but I've never seen it written. Superb. laugh.gif
dolfyn
Aw, you lucky Northern Hemmers get all the good stuff! sad.gif Whoever's going, please give Edgar a shout-out from his Aussie Spaced-Out fans. wink.gif

Feel the (Southern Hem) love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif
AusChick
Curses! The teleporter I'm building isn't finished yet!
Looks like I'll be living vicariously again. I'm getting quite good at that.

And yeah, as Gen said - please say hi for us!
and maybe get a DVD signed for me. Pleeeeeez?
smile.gif
Omniscia
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Aug 1 2007, 05:46 PM)
You're effing excused.  laugh.gif

(It's okay, I know exactly what's wrong with LA and I'll be the first to admit it.  Unfortunately most who visit, particularly if they are in the industry, only see that side of it.  You all have open invitations to see my LA if you are ever in the 'hood...)

Don't think it's anything either than envy. tongue.gif

Except environmentally, of course. Culturally, though, you guys've got the edge.
Anni
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Aug 2 2007, 01:26 PM)
Aw, you lucky Northern Hemmers get all the good stuff!  sad.gif  Whoever's going, please give Edgar a shout-out from his Aussie Spaced-Out fans.  wink.gif

Feel the (Southern Hem) love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif

Let's just change that to *Australasian, eh? wink.gif
Sostie
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Aug 2 2007, 01:26 AM)
Whoever's going, please give Edgar a shout-out from his Aussie Spaced-Out fans. 

I think you kind of just have!
Anni
Yeah well it's the personal touch that counts tongue.gif

edit: OH. right. yeah. hello, edgar? ph34r.gif
AusChick
Er, yarp.
Remember that comment I made about him maybe reading our posts?
I meant that quite literally.
Omniscia
Are you accusing him of being some sort of Internet voyeur?
AusChick
Isn't that what the internet is for?
dolfyn
^ Bang! biggrin.gif

hehehee. happy.gif Go, Sis! cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
I knocked it up a knotch. Bam!

Actually this talk just reminded me - we were playing one of the new Sam & Max games recently and Max mentions something about when the internet dies and all those poor people who can no longer post on forums or blogs, and are forced to stand on street corners telling strangers what they think about certain movies and tv shows.

I found that very amusing.
Anni
..And very true laugh.gif
melzilla
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 5 2007, 08:59 AM)
...new Sam & Max games...

ohmy.gif wha????? ohmy.gif Which be theses you speak of?
AusChick
They've released a new Sam & Max game.
But instead of selling it as a regular game on the shelves, they've broken it down into a series of smaller games and sold them online. They were loads of fun!

Have a look here

You can buy them one game at a time or just buy the whole lot.

I think Lucas Arts were originally making a new game and it got panned.
So these people bought the rights and did it this way instead
Omniscia
You can also import the entire first season's worth on CD-ROM, due to be released here today.

Rumour has it the CD-ROM will be hitting Europe next month. Who knows whether it'll make it to Australasia.
AusChick
Ah. Interesting.
Oh well, we've already played them all biggrin.gif
Lots of fun. I highly recommend it.
Miss Shazam
"What do you mean "go Hollywood"? Don't be silly...."

It happens......
AusChick
So less than an hour to this signing.
Hope all who are attending will have lots of fun! biggrin.gif
frostitute
They recently announced a second series of Sam & Max games. Something to look forward to for ya.
thirtyhelens
So I wandered over to Virgin after work....y'know, to pick up the Muppet Show and Body Snatchers discs out today. No big whoop. Ran into some long-haired loon while I was there, tho - he made me pose with this napkin:

Wotta weirdo. Cute, though.

(If you asked for something signed, then it's signed, folks. wink.gif )
MyDogAteLA
Did you keep the napkin? wink.gif

Awesome photo!
thirtyhelens
I did! Actually I nearly walked away and Edgar made sure I didn't forget it. laugh.gif
AusChick
Nic, I love you!
And that pic is fantastic!!

You've made this pathetic bed-ridden sicky very happy biggrin.gif

ETA: Wait a minute. The Muppets? You don't mean the second series of the tv show?
I didn't even know it was coming out yet!! Yay! That's a cherry on my happiness cake today.

Cherry on my happiness cake? huh.gif
thirtyhelens
The very same Muppets. wink.gif Region 1, although if Season 1 is out in Oz I'm sure you'll get S2 soon.

Feel better, kitten XX
Anni
You two are 10 kinds of awesome!

And there are only 10 kinds, too wink.gif

Woo! happy.gif
AusChick
I can't wait til that comes out here!
I just IMed my fiance about it and he messaged back "hooray!" Followed by "John Cleese!" "Madeline Kahn!" "Peter Sellers!"and then "Elton John!"
I think he's looking forward to it too biggrin.gif

Thanks lovey.
I'm actually feeling a bit better after reading your posts and seeing your pictures.
It sounds mad but I've been feeling nauseous all day and it just seems to have gone away now.

That just reminded me of something in CSI where one of the characters is walking round grinning while they are processing a dead body. She then explains to her colleague that smiling helps to surpress the gag reflex.
thirtyhelens
Aww, bless ya hon. Glad to have been of healing service. wink.gif

I'm watching the Julie Andrews episode right now. Effin' magic.
AusChick
I've found out that the Aus release date for Muppets S2 is November 14. I can't wait!

I'll have to keep that pic of you and Edgar somewhere handy for the next two days to keep me smiling (and not nauseous) when I'm back at work. biggrin.gif
CazBag
Nic, that is THE best photo! Both you and Edgar continue to rule! So cool! cool.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Aug 8 2007, 02:24 PM)
So I wandered over to Virgin after work....y'know, to pick up the Muppet Show and Body Snatchers discs out today.  No big whoop.  Ran into some long-haired loon while I was there, tho - he made me pose with this napkin:

Wotta weirdo.  Cute, though.

Aw, that's so cool, Nic! cool.gif Isn't he a sweetie to pose with you like that? happy.gif Edgar rules. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
I love the facial expressions on both there.
This is my new favourite pic.
Omniscia
It's like he's staring into your soul...
CazBag
QUOTE (AusChick @ Aug 8 2007, 12:00 PM)
I love the facial expressions on both there.

They are certainly corkers!
mcraigclark
Nice work Nic!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Aug 8 2007, 01:30 PM)
It's like he's staring into your soul...

What, right into your subconcious? [/Howard Moon]
thirtyhelens
^ laugh.gif

I should point out that the napkin was entirely Edgar's idea. I was all prepared to ask him to do an athletic GrundyFinger/ShackStare/JessopThumbs combo pose, but the second I said "Spaced Out" he whipped out that sucker and started scribbling.
soundsofdespair
The most lavishly decorated Virgin interior I think i've ever seen.
dolfyn
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Aug 9 2007, 02:37 AM)
I should point out that the napkin was entirely Edgar's idea.  I was all prepared to ask him to do an athletic GrundyFinger/ShackStare/JessopThumbs combo pose, but the second I said "Spaced Out" he whipped out that sucker and started scribbling.

He had a napkin at the ready? happy.gif Edgar's the best. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
ipse dixit
He's not wrong. We are fucking ace.
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Aug 8 2007, 05:37 PM)
laugh.gif

I should point out that the napkin was entirely Edgar's idea.  I was all prepared to ask him to do an athletic GrundyFinger/ShackStare/JessopThumbs combo pose, but the second I said "Spaced Out" he whipped out that sucker and started scribbling.

Edgar rules.
DOD-MDK
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Aug 7 2007, 11:24 PM)
So I wandered over to Virgin after work....y'know, to pick up the Muppet Show and Body Snatchers discs out today.  No big whoop.  Ran into some long-haired loon while I was there, tho - he made me pose with this napkin:

Wotta weirdo.  Cute, though.

NICE!!!!!!!!
widowspider
In fact, I would even go so far as to say it's Awesexy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.