Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the song?
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
NinjaFlea
Anybody know the name of the song that starts at about 52:43? I listened to the whole soundtrack and don't remember hearing it.
xantus
QUOTE (NinjaFlea @ Aug 9 2007, 10:59 PM)
Anybody know the name of the song that starts at about 52:43? I listened to the whole soundtrack and don't remember hearing it.

it's not on the soundtrack, it's the Kinks - Village Green. not to be confused with The Village Green Preservation Society, which is on the soundtrack. tongue.gif
NinjaFlea
QUOTE (xantus @ Aug 10 2007, 03:31 AM)
it's not on the soundtrack, it's the Kinks - Village Green.  not to be confused with The Village Green Preservation Society, which is on the soundtrack.  tongue.gif

Thanks!...Damn! happy.gif
lynned
How about the music that starts up when Danny drags Angel over to the air rifle range? There seems to be a note about it (?) in the Fuzz-o-meter, but my DVD player screws up aspect ratios for R2 discs so I can't actually read the text.
Gluben
QUOTE (lynned @ Aug 23 2007, 06:06 PM)
How about the music that starts up when Danny drags Angel over to the air rifle range? There seems to be a note about it (?) in the Fuzz-o-meter, but my DVD player screws up aspect ratios for R2 discs so I can't actually read the text.

Yeah I tried using Shazam to figure out what it was, but got nothing. Does anyone know what it is?
Gluben
Still no clue, anyone? Apparently the Fuzz-o-meter says it's called "Night Riders" and it's by Bert Wheedon, but a long search through Google has found nothing. The closest to something similar was "Rawhide" by the Blues Brothers. Any ideas?
Omniscia
Firstly, yeah, that's what the Fuzz-o-Meter says.

Secondly, the Fuzz-o-Meter misspelled his name: It's Weedon, not Wheedon.

Thirdly, his official website doesn't list a recording by that name among his discography.

It's a mystery.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and Fourthly, the theme from "Rawhide" originates with a 1950s television series (also starring Clint Eastwood), though it was featured in The Blues Brothers film.
Gluben
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Mar 24 2008, 04:10 AM) *
Firstly, yeah, that's what the Fuzz-o-Meter says.

Secondly, the Fuzz-o-Meter misspelled his name: It's Weedon, not Wheedon.

Thirdly, his official website doesn't list a recording by that name among his discography.

It's a mystery.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and Fourthly, the theme from "Rawhide" originates with a 1950s television series (also starring Clint Eastwood), though it was featured in The Blues Brothers film.

Well, the closest I've come is indeed a song by Bert Weedon called "Guitar Boogie Shuffle", a hit from 1959. Not sure if it's right though...
Gluben
Finally found it!

http://www2.playkpmmusic.com/pages/viewcd/....cfm?cdnum=1384

It's because it's library music that it took a while to crop up, but a quick Google search tonight found it straightaway. YAY!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.