Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Stantz
After looking though wikipedia, while bored last night, i found out about a new show coming out next year called "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". Basically its set between T2 and T3 (which in my opinion doesn't exist) and is all about Sarah and John on the run from the FBI and a killer terminator,

Oh, and The Terminator is meant the be played our very own Lucy Davis' hubby.
empathy-with-beast
Owen Yeoman is playing a terminator? Isn't he a bit English to be a terminator?
maian
I really don't see the need for this show. It's been a while since I last saw T3, but I seem to remember John Connor describing his life as being rather uneventful, as uneventful as a life on the run can be, it all seems a bit too Smallville to me.
Zoe
Ha, it's got Zach from 'Heroes' and River from 'Firefly' in it.

They know how to target their audience don't they?
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 19 2007, 08:43 PM)
I really don't see the need for this show. It's been a while since I last saw T3, but I seem to remember John Connor describing his life as being rather uneventful, as uneventful as a life on the run can be, it all seems a bit too Smallville to me.

Exactly. Everything important that happened in John's life pre-Judgement Day was either in the films or spoken of in a way that meant it didn't need to be shown.

I could be proven wrong, but it sounds like it'll be toss to me.

Place your bets on them making it more modern by making Sarah's cancer actually a nanomachine Terminator....
maian
I suppose it all depends on whether or not you care about series continuity, something which may not be all that important in a series which is based on a series of ever more elaborate and non-sensical parodoxes.

From what I remember of T3, John was living off-the-grid because he wasn't sure if Judgement Day had been averted. However, he doubted himself and had become unsure about his destiny. If Terminators were being sent after him in the intervening years, he'd be pretty damn sure about whether or not Judgement Day had been averted and what his destiny held for him.

If they do it right, I reckon it could be a decent little series in its own right, but not one which will make any sense if you try and match it up with the films.
Zoe
It seems like they're ignoring 'Terminator 3' altogether, which is the only way to do it really.

I'm not sure about Summer Glau taking over from Arnie as John's protector, but time will tell.

It all seems a little pointless really, I'd rather see original sci-fi ideas being made into series. I'm also not really interested in anything that doesn't star Arnie...
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 19 2007, 09:17 PM)
It seems like they're ignoring 'Terminator 3' altogether, which is the only way to do it really.

As so many people choose to. Shame really since it's not all that bad.

Glau might be good but it seems like she might be in danger of being typecast as a fighter character if the series is a success.
Mrs Watt
I liked Smallville but it I dont really like it any more its the same thing some one is in danger Clake helps them Lara is alway damzel in destress and Lex always gets knocked out. Thats seris 1 - 4!
Stantz
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Aug 19 2007, 07:35 PM)

maybe, but he looks the part.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 19 2007, 08:17 PM)

Thats the best way to go, it worked with superman returns
Raven
QUOTE (Mrs Watt @ Aug 19 2007, 09:22 PM)
I liked Smallville but it I dont really like it any more its the same thing some one is in danger Clake helps them Lara is alway damzel in destress and Lex always gets knocked out. Thats seris 1 - 4!

Season five, and what I have seen of season six, is better. There is still an element of "X" get's knocked out just before Clark shows up, but the story lines around that are better and Oliver Queen is an interesting addition to the show.
Mrs Watt
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 19 2007, 09:02 PM)
Season five, and what I have seen of season six, is better.  There is still an element of "X" get's knocked out just before Clark shows up, but the story lines around that are better and Oliver Queen is an interesting addition to the show.

Is he the Green Arrow?
Serafina_Pekkala
Lena Headey often acts like she is made of wax and is like a Happy Shopper Kate Beckinsale. See 300. I hope she is better in this.
maian
Oh god, she's in it?

That's worrying. She was terrible in 300. Though that may be because they just stuck her in the incredibly forced political bits where she had to face off against Dominic West.
Serafina_Pekkala
She plays Sarah. Hopefully her jelly tot nipples will not be a key part of her performance this time. She doesn't have even a fraction of the charisma of Linda Hamilton or even Glau.

Dominic West is teh sex. Even as a creepy Ancient Greek rapist in a dress with a stupid beard. She's just really ... boring.
maian
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 19 2007, 11:24 PM)
Dominic West is teh sex.  Even as a creepy Ancient Greek rapist in a dress with a stupid beard.  She's just really ... boring.

A fine Sheffield lad as well. Though he sounds really posh and must have been beaten up repeatedly as a child, which in turn must have driven him to be a flawed Baltimore cop.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 19 2007, 10:41 PM)
A fine Sheffield lad as well. Though he sounds really posh and must have been beaten up repeatedly as a child, which in turn must have driven him to be a flawed Baltimore cop.

I agree most heartily.

*goes off to watch more of The Wire*
Raven
QUOTE (Mrs Watt @ Aug 19 2007, 10:59 PM)
Is he the Green Arrow?

Yes.
Ade
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Aug 19 2007, 08:35 PM)

I like the idea of an aristocratic Terminator....

"I say, would you happen to be Sarah Connor?"

"...Yes?"

BANG.

"One has been terminated."

[pauses to re-scan SC's face]

"Oh, I am awfully sorry, you're not the Sarah Connor I was looking for.... sorry to trouble you. Toodle pip!"
empathy-with-beast
I remember a sketch show once where the terminator was sent back in time to Edwardian England to kill Conner's great grandfather. It had them memorable line

I need your blazers, boaters and stupid floppy hair.
maian
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Aug 20 2007, 01:19 PM)
I remember a sketch show once where the terminator was sent back in time to Edwardian England to kill Conner's great grandfather. It had them memorable line

That's from Harry Enfield. When the thought of a third Terminator film did seem like an unlikelihood.
Ade
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Aug 20 2007, 01:19 PM)

I remember that. I suppose he could have gone even further back - I just had a mental image of Arnie on horseback, in a jousting competition.

I need your jerkin, sandals, and your quadruped.

Bystander: This strange knight claimeth to wear his armour on the inside...
NiteFall
Why stop there?

Ancient Rome-
I need your toga, your sandals and your Gladius.

The stone age-
I need your loincloth, your tiger skin and your club. (Possibly the only era where Arnie would be fully understood by the entire populous with no difficulty)
Drifter
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 20 2007, 01:33 PM)
I remember that. I suppose he could have gone even further back - I just had a mental image of Arnie on horseback, in a jousting competition.

I need your jerkin, sandals, and your quadruped.
Bystander: This strange knight claimeth to wear his armour on the inside...

Arnie doesnt travel anywhere now without his Hummer, he'd probably joust out of that!

Thing is, is this going to be just 20 odd episodes of them fleeing the Terminator all the time because that would get very, very boring in a short amount of time.

Heres their website: http://www.sarahconnorchronicles.org/ has 2 clips on there
maian
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Aug 20 2007, 01:40 PM)
Why stop there?

Ancient Rome-
I need your toga, your sandals and your Gladius.

Damn, you got there before me. Though in my defense it's because I was translating it and most of the words I tried didn't have equivalents in Latin.
NiteFall
Errr, from memory...
Genit ad istuc Toga, istuc soleatus ad isteum Gladius.

Although my Latin is rustier than an Alfa Romeo that's been left parked next to the sea for a year. The tenses and grammar are more than likely all over the place there, if the Romans had mobile phones they'd have probably have sent text messages like that. I hope JJJ hasn't learned Latin while I wasn't paying attention.
Drifter
My name is Maximus Decimus Terminatus, Cyberdyne System model 101, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant Skynet. I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next......as he stands there in his toga and Jesus sandals
NiteFall
In the style of Spartacus-

I'm Sarah Conner!
maian
Going back even further:

300, in which the Spartans face off against one Terminator. Now there's an entertaining film.
Fledgling
My name is Sarah Connor (for real) this isn't going to help my situation.
NiteFall
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 20 2007, 02:00 PM)
Going back even further:

300, in which the Spartans face off against one Terminator. Now there's an entertaining film.

Spoilered for those that haven't seen 300-
299 of them still die though
Jessopjessopjessop
I have the pilot on DVD, I'll have to check it out.
maian
That's the first ten minutes of the film. The rest is the Terminator laying waste to all of Sparta, changing history in such a way that Cyberdyne systems were never created, along with much of the rest of the Western world, and Judgement Day didn't happen anyway.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (Drifter @ Aug 20 2007, 01:42 PM)
Thing is, is this going to be just 20 odd episodes of them fleeing the Terminator all the time because that would get very, very boring in a short amount of time.

Heres their website: http://www.sarahconnorchronicles.org/  has 2 clips on there

I imagine it's going to be like the Highlander series where it turns out that there hundreds of the things running around.
Drifter
The Terminator v The Gunslinger is a film Id like to see, Yul Brynner taunts the Terminator through the Wild West Adventure finally running amok in Romanworld and Medievalworld
curtinparloe
QUOTE (maian @ Aug 20 2007, 01:26 PM)
That's from Harry Enfield. When the thought of a third Terminator film did seem like an unlikelihood.

I do like that sketch.

Here it is for the curious.
Sostie
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Aug 20 2007, 01:04 PM)
I have the pilot on DVD, I'll have to check it out.

Ditto. Will watch it this weekend.
Sostie
Got round to watching the pilot. It shows some promise, but came across a bit like The Fugitive (TV series) with robots. Lena Headey is OK and Summer Glau is lovely - sometimes bearing a striking resemblence to Sigourney Weaver! The only thing I didn't like is that it seems each episode may be bookended by Sarah Connor's philisophical little speaches.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 26 2007, 09:55 PM)
sometimes bearing a striking resemblence to Sigourney Weaver! 

I've always thought this. Same eyes.

There is no River only Zuuuuuuuuuul

The only thing I didn't like is that it seems each episode may be bookended by Sarah Connor's philisophical little speaches.

Mohinder syndrome is catching. But i do look forward to seeing this even if I think Headey is rubbish.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 26 2007, 10:55 PM)
I've always thought this.   Same eyes.

There is no River only Zuuuuuuuuuul
Mohinder syndrome is catching.  But i do look forward to seeing this even if I think Headey is rubbish.

It's the mouth too. Ghostbusters 3.....starring teenage offspring of Peter & Dana. I think that role can be filled.

Headey isn't too bad. Another case of a Brit doing American well. Nice to look at too. Sadly she is given the role of ultimate miserablist Connor, which won't win many fans.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 26 2007, 11:03 PM)
It's the mouth too.  Ghostbusters 3.....starring teenage offspring of Peter & Dana.  I think that role can be filled.

And we all know she can be spooky. Although I would say her father is perhaps Brad Dourif? Mebbe.

Sadly she is given the role of ultimate miserablist Connor, which won't win many fans.

Very true.

And are the robots good? Erm - cyborgs I mean.
Sostie
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 26 2007, 11:08 PM)
And are the robots good?  Erm - cyborgs I mean.

The Terminators look like bit players. In fact one of them looks like Bruce Campbell...a beefed up Campbell. I think they'll save a lot on budget by just showing the odd bit of metallic skeleton under cuts & wounds. There is a brief glimpse of a full-on Terminator skeleton though. Which was nice.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 26 2007, 11:14 PM)
The Terminators look like bit players.  In fact one of them looks like Bruce Campbell...a beefed up Campbell.  I think  they'll save a lot on budget by just showing the odd bit of metallic skeleton under cuts & wounds.  There is a brief glimpse of a full-on Terminator skeleton though.  Which was nice.

This sounds teh sex. Who doesn't like a robotic Bruce Campbell?
Raven
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles exclusively on Yahoo! for 24 hours beginning Jan. 4 at 9 p.m. PT/12 a.m. ET.

I'm assuming this is US only, but I have no real idea.
Raven
Connor Reboots Terminator - I guess it would pretty much have to really.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Aug 24 2007, 09:31 AM)
I do like that sketch.

Here it is for the curious.

Enfield's "Thank you, sir" after being shot is always my favourite part.
Omniscia
It wasn't so bad. I was pleasantly not disappointed.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be able to accept anyone but Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor.
UnderSpaced
I too, thought it wasn't bad and I'll be watching the next episode tomorrow night. That's when the next episode comes on, right?
Omniscia
As far as I know, yes, and then every Monday thereafter for the foreseeable future, or at least until the end of its run...

Summer Glau is a surprisingly sympathetic machine, and, yes, I was getting creepy Sigourney vibes from her all night long... Which is fine by me; I quite like Ms. Weaver.
Omniscia
Still okay, but still not great, either. My major hangup is still the absence of Hamilton in the title role. It seems like it will be worth sticking with, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.