Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Shaun" on TV
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Shaun of the Dead
dolfyn
Well, after 3 years, SOTD has finally made it to Aussie free-to-air TV. It'll be on channel 10, at about 10.30pm on Sunday, after the ARIA Music Awards. cool.gif Enjoy. wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
AusChick
Oh really!? I hadn't even seen it advertised.
Why is it on so bloody late? I can't be up that late on a Sunday.
Of course, I could just watch my DVD copy instead - then I can start it whenever I want wink.gif
dolfyn
hehehee. laugh.gif You're funny, Sis! happy.gif

I won't be able to watch it, either; I have to wake up just after 5am for work! wacko.gif But I think it's on that late because of the naughty swears. It looks like there won't be much cut out either, as the running time listed is 2hrs. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
AusChick
Glad they aren't cutting it. But they can start naughty swears from 9:30 so they didn't have to leave it so late. Mind you, hopefully they might pick up some audience from the ARIAs.
Mind you, who watches award ceremonies right through to the end these days?
AusChick
Sorry to double-post but they just had the cheesiest station promo for Shaun!

"Ten's premiere movie tonight will have you laughing your head off"

laugh.gif

*edit* It's nearly 11pm and the bloody ARIA awards are still going.
SOTD is never going to start.
And really, how many more awards can Silverchair win anyway?

Screw it. I'm going to bed.
squalloogal
I agree that 10 had a cheezy promo. I didn't watch it last night as I had watched my own copy on Saturday. I have only just discovered Spaced and Shaun after buying a copy of Hot Fuzz.
I laughed so hard I watched it again and again. I have slowly been finding the back catalogues of stuff like Shaun and Spaced. How could I have missed these guys????????
They are SO bloody funny. Hot fuzz has become my favourite movie of all time and Spaced has me mesmerised. Simon and Edgar have a real brilliant ability to put a film together. Nick Frost makes me laugh as well... he just seems to come from nowhere else.
I love this stuff.
10 needs to put all this stuff on, corny promos or not. laugh.gif wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
AusChick
Hey welcome Squalloogal!
Another Aussie - Yay!

Don't forget to come and say Hi in the "New members" thread.

So whereabouts in Aus are you from?

I managed to stay up and watch the first few minutes of Shaun and then had to force myself to go to bed.
I was pleased to find that Ed's "Can I get any of you cunts a drink" was left completely intact. biggrin.gif

P.S. I know where your name is from. That's funny. Nuereeek!
dolfyn
I ended up watching a fair bit of it last night (I'm a crazy night-owl, what can I say?). rolleyes.gif
Whoever was responsible for putting in commercials, etc, must've been a fan. cool.gif The ads were put in the best places possible so it didn't cut scenes in half, & all the naughty swears were intact. It made me smile that even though it took 3+ years to hit our small screens, & it was put on late, at least it wasn't butchered! biggrin.gif

And welcome, Squalloogal. Great to see another Aussie here. Don't be a stranger. smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
R3Dl2ULZ
i watched most of it too. they werent too mean to it..
sorry for my inactivity on here of late, my habits have changed since my dad passed away sad.gif
AusChick
Sorry to hear about your Dad Gaz sad.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (R3Dl2ULZ @ Nov 20 2007, 10:07 PM)
i watched most of it too. they werent too mean to it..
sorry for my inactivity on here of late, my habits have changed since my dad passed away sad.gif

Aw, RED, I'm so sorry. My condolences.

Feel the (sympathetic) love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
Raven
And for those who missed out in Aus, the cinema, DVD, satellite and Freeview, you can catch Shaun on ITV this Saturday (Jan 12th) at 9.05pm!
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 9 2008, 07:14 PM)
And for those who missed out in Aus, the cinema, DVD, satellite and Freeview, you can catch Shaun on ITV this Saturday (Jan 12th) at 9.05pm!

Blimey, ITV are getting as bad as BBC 3, ITV only showed Shaun a few weeks back, but that doesn't beat the BBC 3 who have shown Tomb Raider what seems like every bloody day for the past week and a bit.
Raven
Sorry, I didn't say that this is on ITV1, apparently it is a premier (analogue terrestrial I'm guessing!).
KevinandNick
Nick & I find it odd that Shaun gets a terrestrial premiere AFTER it has played endlessly on ITV2.

Wanna bet that the "c" word'll be cut? wink.gif

Kev W
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Jan 10 2008, 09:51 AM)
Wanna bet that the "c" word'll be cut? wink.gif

Kev W

It'll probably be the badly dubbed in and of a completely different pitch to the rest of the sentence 'COCKS!!' that's played on the ITV2 showings.
AusChick
Those silly barstools
dolfyn
Peas & Rice!!! laugh.gif

The "C-bomb" wasn't cut or dubbed in the Aussie free-to-air showing. I watched about half of it before I had to go to bed, but from what I saw, everything in the film was left intact. happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif
shaft_the_ewok
What the funk are you doing online...? Brace yourselves for e(a potentially) editied Shaun with adverts...
Zoe
Merged with existing thread.

And since you ask, I'm at work.
curtinparloe
"Can I get...any of you COCKS... a drink?"

They did keep "Fuck", "bollocks", and "cock it," though.

EDIT: It sounded exactly like Nick had just yelled "COCKS" at the top of his voice. Which is precisely what I would have told him to do had I been in charge of the dubbing biggrin.gif

EDIT2: The first adverts have been put just after we see his "to do" list. Good placing, I feel.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 12 2008, 10:10 PM)
"Can I get...any of you COCKS... a drink?"

EDIT: It sounded exactly like Nick had just yelled "COCKS" at the top of his voice. Which is precisely what I would have told him to do had I been in charge of the dubbing biggrin.gif

Other alternatives...

http://www.spaced-out.org.uk/forums/index....showtopic=13011

biggrin.gif
Rebus
Didn't want to start a whole new thread so I'll just hang off the back of dolfyn's coat talis with this little snippet:

For anyone in the area, Shaun will be playing at the Powerhouse open-air Moonlight Cinema tomorrow at 7.30pm on what is the very last night of the season. No better way to end the cinema's run for the year methinks.

Details:

Moonlight Cinema,
Brisbane
Brisbane Powerhouse
119 Lamington St,
New Farm
7.30 PM
dolfyn
^ My coat tails can take it. happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
Bummer! Why aren't they playing it at the Melbourne moonlight cinema? I have free passes and everything!

Although I did already see it at the Melbourne moonlight cinema back in 2004.

We were going to go tonight and use our vouchers to see Ferris Bueller - but the bastards have put it on the No Free List which means vouchers don't apply. *sulk*
Raven
For all you out there who don't have Shaun on DVD, it's on ITV2 tonight at 10.00pm.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 11 2009, 07:01 PM) *
For all you out there who don't have Shaun on DVD, it's on ITV2 tonight at 10.00pm.

Who doesn't have it on DVD?

You can buy it in Clintons for 3.
Rebus
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 12 2009, 02:22 PM) *
Who doesn't have it on DVD?

The hobo on the street who'll have to watch it on ITV2 through some middle class family's window without getting caught.
Raven
I'll bet there is someone who posts here who doesn't have a copy . . .
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 12 2009, 10:46 AM) *

Plus the ITV 2 version has some of the swearing cut out, so it's always amusing to see what words they have dubbed in.
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 12 2009, 10:46 AM) *

I only have it on video these days. I don't know what the hell happened to my DVD.
MargateSteve
QUOTE (Baz @ Feb 13 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Plus the ITV 2 version has some of the swearing cut out, so it's always amusing to see what words they have dubbed in.

I watched it, yet again, on ITV. God knows why as I have watched the DVD once or twice. The replacement of the C-word intrigued me though as I could not work out it was replaced with. I thought it was 'can I get any of you f**ks a drink' but then I saw the answer earlier in this thread! What bugs me most is that I have watched Funky Pete a few times but still could not remember what it was!
Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.