Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faintheart
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
rabbit57i
A £1 million movie, dubbed the UK’s first user-generated feature film, has cast ten hopefuls after they auditioned on MySpace.

The romantic comedy Faintheart, which stars Shaun of the Dead star Simon Pegg, is based on the story of a sales assistant who takes part in Viking battle reenactments.

However, his passion for the Middles Ages gets him the boot from his wife – and he is forced to wage a war to win her back.

MySpace users also chose the film’s director Vito Rocco, after they viewed a short film he submitted online.

He said: ‘We’ve given cinema-goers and online users the first real opportunity to be part of the filmmaking process right the way through from script to seeing the results of their input up on the big screen.’

Actors Tim Healy, Paul Nichols and Anne Reid will star alongside Pegg.

Faintheart is being backed by Film4 and the UK Film Council and will be released next summer.

However, if you check out IMDB there is no sign of Simon although Jessica is there. huh.gif
melzilla
Hmm...Interesting. I quite like the idea of trusting internet wierdos such as ourselves to cast a movie.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (melzilla @ Oct 30 2007, 09:08 PM)
Hmm...Interesting. I quite like the idea of trusting internet wierdos such as ourselves to cast a movie.

Well, trusting denizens of t'interweb worked for Snakes On A Plane.

huh.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Oct 30 2007, 02:48 PM)
However, if you check out IMDB there is no sign of Simon although Jessica is there.  huh.gif

That is very strange. The UK Film Council blurb doesn't mention his name either. But Jess is definitely cast. More on it here.
CazBag
Here's the MySpace page for it. There's a blog on there for how to be an extra on the film too if you're interested.
Raven
The romantic comedy Faintheart, which stars Shaun of the Dead star Simon Pegg, is based on the story of a sales assistant who takes part in Viking battle reenactments.

This isn't a film about Svein is it?!
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 1 2007, 06:37 AM)
This isn't a film about Svein is it?!

I thought the same thing while reading it. laugh.gif
rabbit57i
QUOTE (CazBag @ Nov 1 2007, 05:51 AM)
That is very strange.  The UK Film Council blurb doesn't mention his name either.  But Jess is definitely cast. 

I think some idiot heard Spaced and just assumed it was Simon. Someone that doesn't know that Spaced is more than Simon & Edgar.
Pretty_In_Pink
Has anyone applied to be an extra?
dolfyn
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Nov 2 2007, 01:04 AM)
I think some idiot heard Spaced and just assumed it was Simon. Someone that doesn't know that Spaced is more than Simon & Edgar.

Also, unless the script is particularly good, I can't imagine Simon would go for another role so soon where he's a loser/geek type who has to go to great lengths to win back his girlfriend/wife. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
DeadMike
Wha-Huh? Anyone heard about this? Sounds kinda like Shaun meets Run Fat Boy Run. Could be interesting if it's true...

http://www.nouse.co.uk/2007/11/19/student-...ace-movie-role/

Student Wins MySpace Movie Role

by Jenny O'Mahony | November 19th, 2007

A student at the University of York has won a role in a film after attending a virtual audition on the social networking site MySpace.

Phil Lester, a third year Language and Linguistics student, won the part in the film Faintheart after uploading an amateur video of himself at a mock job interview as the character of ‘Tim’, the role he later won.

He said: “I have always been interested in all aspects of the film industry, so I was hoping for a unique opportunity to see things from an insiders perspective. I had an hour to spare so I made a quick audition video and uploaded it onto the site. To be honest I didn’t think I had a chance but I wanted to give it a go anyway.”

Lester received the part a month after posting the video, having attending further auditions with the Casting Director, Gary Davy, in London. At this point in the selection process, the shortlist for the role had been reduced to just five hopefuls. Groundbreaking in its recruitment procedure, Fainttheart is described by producer Peter Carlton as “a fairly standard rom-com with a lovely Viking twist.”

The video diary that Lester has regularly updated on his MySpace profile, tracking his progress through the initial meeting with Davy through to the most recent posting after two days on set, has attracted something of a cult following
Faintheart is being hailed as one of the first user-generated major motion pictures, with actors and crew all recruited over the internet. The film, by award-winning British director Vito Rocco, has a budget of £1m and has already begun shooting. Rocco was selected from 500,000 MySpace users.

Faintheart, starring British comedy actor Simon Pegg, tells the story of Richard, a sales assistant who takes part in medieval battle re-enactment on the weekends. After being thrown out by his wife he embarks on an epic quest to win her back
DeadMike
Crap delete this.... Just saw the other one...

My bad.

EDIT: Rolled into the exisiting thread - Raven.
CazBag
You can see some photos of Jess from behind the scenes at the Jessica fansite. I spoke to Lou who runs the site and she confirmed that Simon is not in the film with Jess.
Raven
QUOTE (CazBag @ Dec 3 2007, 04:58 PM)
I spoke to Lou who runs the site and she confirmed that Simon is not in the film with Jess.

Thread subtitle adjusted accordingly!
Llama
Only recently realised that the auditions being held here at my uni were actually for this film! Damn and indeed blast. I would have loved to have lurked in the background....

CazBag
QUOTE (Llama @ Dec 3 2007, 06:29 PM)
Only recently realised that the auditions being held here at my uni were actually for this film! Damn and indeed blast. I would have loved to have lurked in the background....

Ahhh no Llama, and you would've made a great lurker too! laugh.gif
Llama
QUOTE (CazBag @ Dec 3 2007, 09:05 PM)
Ahhh no Llama, and you would've made a great lurker too!  laugh.gif

I know! I've got it down.
Kimmerv2
QUOTE (CazBag @ Dec 3 2007, 12:58 PM)
You can see some photos of Jess from behind the scenes at the Jessica fansite.  I spoke to Lou who runs the site and she confirmed that Simon is not in the film with Jess.

Alas . . . no Simon/Jess on screen reunion huh . .

Thanks for posting, Caz. Nice bts pics of Jess on that site from the film . . biggrin.gif

Llama . . hey - I'd contact the company hiring the extras anyway . . you never know, they may still be needing people.

Couldn't hurt, right? wink.gif
Llama
QUOTE (Kimmerv2 @ Dec 4 2007, 04:26 PM)
Llama . . hey -  I'd contact the company hiring the extras anyway . . you never know, they may still be needing people.

Couldn't hurt, right? wink.gif

I did as soon as I found the poster! Think they've stoppped filming now though, but there was no harm in trying smile.gif
sleeping_pirate
Faintheart is due out this year, but I know nothing about it aside from what's on it's imdb page. Anyone heard any more on it?

Also there's a guy who plays a character called Kevin in it, he goes to my Uni and asked me out at the start of my first year. I missed out on that one!
CazBag
A bit more about it in The Telegraph
grumpygit
New trailer
widowspider
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Aug 22 2008, 07:16 PM)

Hehehe, that looks great!
grumpygit
DVD release 02/02/2009
Play.com
sleeping_pirate
A guy I know from Uni is credited third in this on the imdb website! He also has some very cool on-set pics on his Facebook page.
CazBag
According to www.thread.co.nz Faintheart is getting a cinema release in New Zealand on 30th July. Thread are giving away free tickets in a competition if you want to try and get hold of a pair ... and you are in New Zealand!

Has anyone watched this film yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.