Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Everlong
AAAAND the big bad is in today's new trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR9EZhYzxr4
mousespider
^Thank goodness he won't be yelling the whole time.
KevinandNick
I think I've just cum.

I'll have to check to make sure, but I'm pretty certain... tongue.gif

Kev W
mousespider
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Jun 22 2008, 03:06 PM)
I think I've just cum.

I'll have to check to make sure, but I'm pretty certain...  tongue.gif

Kev W

If that made you cum, then you should read the posts made by Glenn and Kelly on the previous page. The images they created will haunt my mind forever. wacko.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (mousespider @ Jun 22 2008, 07:59 PM)
^Thank goodness he won't be yelling the whole time.

He works better quiet and menacing.
widowspider
Well, I fupping loved it. I thought the acting was superb from all the cast - although Rose's accent was kind of off - and I found the whole alternate world really heartbreaking.

Next week - OH MY GOD. I really hope it's awesome, I love the Torchwood guys and hope they use them well. Very excited.

Also - I can't view that YouTube trailer from this country, apparently. Poop.
mousespider
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jun 22 2008, 08:29 PM)
Also - I can't view that YouTube trailer from this country, apparently. Poop.

Just do what I did, look up the most recent doctor who videos on youtube. A bunch of people have probably uploaded it by now.
Svein
From that Trailer, Davros didn't quite say Doctor right... nit picky I know...
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Svein @ Jun 23 2008, 08:31 AM)
From that Trailer, Davros didn't quite say Doctor right...  nit picky I know...

So, he's not suffered enough being in a wheelchair, Svein? You're going to take the piss out of his speech impediment too, eh? wink.gif
Withnail
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 22 2008, 10:37 AM)
The multiverse is in peril from the darkness?

It's Crisis On Infinite Earths!

Indeed! RTD owes Marv Wolfman a pint!
Sostie
I quite enjoyed this week's episode. I'm always a sucker for "What if?" stories, whether it be A Christmas Carol, It's A Wonderful Life or Buffy.

Catherine Tate continues to impress.

Next week's episode looks like it could either be the mutt's nuts or a dog's dinner.
Raven
I found this week's episode to be very flat.

On paper an alternate reality story for Donna should have been interesting, but in practice I thought it fell short.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 23 2008, 10:16 AM)
I'm always a sucker for "What if?" stories, whether it be A Christmas Carol, It's A Wonderful Life or Buffy.

I think that may be my problem, everyone and their aunty have done an alternate reality episode at some point, and to me this one didn't offer a sufficiently original or fresh take on a well worn theme.

Also, although I'd say she's doing a good job on the whole, watching Catherine Tate get shouty and indignant, and seeing her breaking down each week, is getting very old . . .

In other news:

Might be worth it!

(Image lifted from Doctor Who Online).
Flame7581
QUOTE (mousespider @ Jun 23 2008, 12:26 AM)
Just do what I did, look up the most recent doctor who videos on youtube.  A bunch of people have probably uploaded it by now.

I found it. Well, at least I think I found what you're all talking about. The clip I watched was pretty cool but will have to re-look when I'm not at work tonight to make sure there's no more! smile.gif
NiteFall
I liked that. Wasn't expecting Bad Wolf to show up again and I also wasn't expecting the Cloister Bell at the end.

Looking forward to this weeks now.
KevinandNick
Davros' laugh wasn't quite right - it sounded like Zippy had been let loose with a ring modulator. tongue.gif

Kev W
Svein
Thank you... that's what I was hearing... Wonder if next season we'll see CyberBungle?!?
KevinandNick
You might see him in the Christmas special - Bungle is one bear that I would actually LIKE to see dancing on a hot-plate... tongue.gif

Kev W
Svein
And perhaps we can have George in the rhino armour...

oooohhhhh... Geoffrey is RASSILON!
Drifter
QUOTE (Svein @ Jun 24 2008, 01:14 PM)
And perhaps we can have George in the rhino armour...

oooohhhhh...  Geoffrey is RASSILON!

Zippy was always my favourite though happy.gif
Svein
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jun 25 2008, 12:27 PM)
Zippy was always my favourite though  happy.gif

But Zippy is Davros!
gulfcoast_highwayman
From the BBC website, a clip from the forthcoming ep.
Everlong
Ooooohh.

Sarah, Martha, and Jack, cacking their pants! Cos they know how bad teh Daleks are!
Svein
Fucking goosebumps or WHAT!!!!
Baz
QUOTE (Svein @ Jun 25 2008, 06:09 PM)
Fucking goosebumps or WHAT!!!!

Same here, very cool.
widowspider
I can't see it because I'm not in the UK - anyone been able to find it on YouTube? Doesn't seem to be up there.
Everlong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRS8hDCiH9M
princess_shrek
Though you probably know this already
Starscream`s Ghost
I hope he doesn't take it. Moffat needs to start afresh with a new Doctor, I feel, Tennant's taken the character as far as he can, imho.
sapphirejedi
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jun 25 2008, 12:32 PM)
Ooooohh.

Sarah, Martha, and Jack, cacking their pants! Cos they know how bad teh Daleks are!

Man, that was some scene. Watching Jack and Sarah with their loved ones made me a lil' weepy. I may have to cheat and watch this one online b4 SciFi shows it. It's better online anywho. No commercials, and you get the ENTIRE episode tongue.gif
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 27 2008, 12:35 AM)
I hope he doesn't take it. Moffat needs to start afresh with a new Doctor, I feel, Tennant's taken the character as far as he can, imho.

I hope he does, Tennant is an excellent actor and given the right material he is as good a Doctor as anyone thus far.

I'd be very interested to see a year of Moffat writing/guiding his Doctor.

After that, well, we'll see how it goes, but I think one series of Moffat and Tennant would be good!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 27 2008, 01:18 AM)
I hope he does, Tennant is an excellent actor and given the right material he is as good a Doctor as anyone thus far.

He's good, I wouldn't say excellent, at least, not as the Doctor. He's shown moments of brilliance, but the gurning, manic Doctor just hasn't done much for me, sorry. If he'd done more of the Human Nature/Family of Blood type stuff, then maybe I'd feel differently, but for whatever reason that didn't happen.

I just feel it'd be good to start completely anew with Moffat.
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 27 2008, 01:24 AM)
He's good, I wouldn't say excellent, at least, not as the Doctor. He's shown moments of brilliance, but the gurning, manic Doctor just hasn't done much for me, sorry.

To be fair, there has been a lot less of that this series, and also, it's not like any of the other Doctors didn't have their quirks - he hasn't played the spoons at any point, after all!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 27 2008, 01:31 AM)
To be fair, there has been a lot less of that this series, and also, it's not like any of the other Doctors didn't have their quirks - he hasn't played the spoons at any point, after all!

Of course they did, and I'm sure that a lot of folks wanted to throttle Nine everytime he said 'Fantastic!' (I wasn't one of them), it's just that this time round, the quirks made me want to drown things. wink.gif
Raven
I must admit there have been times when Tennant's Doctor has gone a bit OTT for my liking, but poor scripts and bad episodes aside, I do believe he is the best actor to take on the roll (and that's not a slight directed at any of the others, some of whom I hold in very high regard!).
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 27 2008, 01:40 AM)
I must admit there have been times when Tennant's Doctor has gone a bit OTT for my liking, but poor scripts and bad episodes aside, I do believe he is the best actor to take on the roll (and that's not a slight directed at any of the others, some of whom I hold in very high regard!).

Better than Troughton, Pertwee and Eccleston?

Interesting...
Raven
Certainly better than Pertwee.

I don't dislike his Doctor, but there's no way you can argue the material he was given stretched him as an actor (the same is true, for the most part, for most of the original Doctors as well, with the possible exception of the first two when the series was quite often a bit more of a serious drama than it became in later years).

Troughton, Hartnell and Ecclestone are all much closer calls, but I think Tennant has generally had better material to work with than they did - the various Moffat stories and the Human Nature/Family of Blood stories you cited yourself, for example.

Even in the weaker episodes, though, Tennant has displayed moments of brilliance. The scene in the otherwise woeful 42, when Martha is trapped in the escape pod and they are effectively miming at each other, he was great - or the brilliantly tense piece of acting, just the other week, in Midnight, when he was under the influence of that alien nasty - very good indeed!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 27 2008, 01:57 AM)
I don't dislike his Doctor, but there's no way you can argue the material he was given stretched him as an actor (the same is true, for the most part, for most of the original Doctors as well, with the possible exception of the first two when the series was quite often a bit more of a serious drama than it became in later years).

I think the material didn't stretch him so much, as it was different from most things he had played up to that point. He was mainly a comedic actor up to that point, and so Who was a departure for him. His main body of work (especially his radio stuff) was marvellous, and I'd certainly rate him above Tennant there.

Like I say, Tennant's a good actor, I'd certainly not say great, not yet anyway. (I'd say Eccleston has the edge, certainly - he's one of the best British actors alive today)

But, as ever, it's all subjective. No doubt some will agree, some will disagree.
princess_shrek
My singing teacher is a longstanding DT fan, having watched him come up through RSAMD. She's seen him in every theatrical production he's done and says he is brilliant, and that while he's 'very good' in Dr Who, it's not showing us what he's really capable of.

I'd be happy to see him stay on in Dr Who for another season (because I too am curious as to what Moffatt would do with the role), but after that I'd like to see him spread his wings.

On another note, finally got round to watching 'Turn Left' last night. Don't understand the strange accent Piper's using - some combination of botox gone bad and a couple of dental extractions?

I enjoyed the episode except there was too much shouty Tate. I thought the plot was clever - combination of 'Sliding Doors', 'A Christmas Carol' and 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Though I have to admit that when Bernard Cribbins said 'The stars are going out' I thought of Take That and 'Stardust'.

Moving swiftly on ... looking forward to tomorrow night's episode smile.gif
Svein
I really hope that Tennant stays on... He has shown moments of brilliance and can seem to capture both the Gallifreyan and Humanity sides of the Doctor's nature with ease...

I do have a worry about this Saturday's episode. It's the last in the series and is again, 45 mins long. Does that strike anyone as way to short to introduce Davros, explain the cunning plan, have the Dalek invasion, give the supporting cast their onscreen time and the Doctor to foil the plan... I'm worried it's going to be "rushed".
Raven
This Saturday's episode isn't the last Svein, that's next Saturday.
Svein
Ahhhhhh... *phew*

My bad...
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 27 2008, 12:57 AM)
Troughton, Hartnell and Eccleston are all much closer calls

Patrick Troughton has always been my favourite Doctor (Nick's, too) - even when saddled with less-than-wonderful scripts, he was always professional and able to make something out of very little.

Over the last three series, I have warmed to DT - I was certainly glad that he toned down his "manic" persona and "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" thing after series two - but he probably has taken the character as far has he can and really should take the advice that Pat Troughton gave to Peter Davidson and move on after the third series (specials aside!)

Steven Moffat really needs to start his reign with a new Doctor.

I'm still eagerly looking forward to the two-part closer, though... smile.gif

Kev W
Drifter
Next Saturday's finale is reportedly 65 minutes long.
Svein
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jun 27 2008, 10:45 AM)
Next Saturday's finale is reportedly 65 minutes long.

Dammit... I'm on Holiday and am going to miss it... Damn Eurovision Song Contest!
Raven
I don't think I really have a favourite Doctor, as I think they all have their good (and bad) moments.

I can't say I get overly excited when I hear the next DVD release will be a Pertwee or Colin Baker story, but at the same time they were/are both good actors and I tend to look at the show on a story-by-story basis.
Svein
I think I'm the same... I don't have a "favourite" because they were all so radically different. I do think that some get a bad rap a little unnessarily, but that's different.
Jimmay
I've just watched Saturday's episode on the iPlayer after being intrigued by this thread and it was rather good. It's the first one of this series I have seen but I may watch the series finales which seems to be a habit of mine now.

Also, I convinced myself that the actress that play's Donna's mum was related to Anne Reid and was very disappointed to find out that she's really not, in any way.
Raven
Just had a thought, what happened to "Dead Donna?"

They check her dental records, the police roll round to the Noble house hold:

Policeman: "Sorry to the bearer of bad news, your daughter's just been hit by a truc . . . bloody 'ell, you've made a quick recovery!"

Donna: What are you talkin' about?!!

etc . . .
widowspider
QUOTE (sapphirejedi @ Jun 26 2008, 11:38 PM)
Man, that was some scene. Watching Jack and Sarah with their loved ones made me a lil' weepy. I may have to cheat and watch this one online b4 SciFi shows it. It's better online anywho. No commercials, and you get the ENTIRE episode  tongue.gif

Aye - I'm one of those who downloads it on a Sunday morning, because I don't think I could bear watching DW with adverts interrupting it! Also, I get the BBC announcements at the end and it makes me happy. smile.gif
mousespider
There was a Doctor Who comic miniseries that I couldn't have been bothered to pick up. However, this new one looks intriguing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.