Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Svein
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jun 27 2008, 08:12 PM)
Aye - I'm one of those who downloads it on a Sunday morning, because I don't think I could bear watching DW with adverts interrupting it! Also, I get the BBC announcements at the end and it makes me happy. smile.gif

Litte taste of home eh?
Ade
Oooh, Daleks and Davros. Might sit and watch the Who for a change.

Helloh der everybody peeps! Exterminate, innit!
NiteFall
Well. I didn't see that ending coming.
Baz
oh like wow!

If anyone posts spoliers about next weeks episode I'll castrate them!
ella
Holy crap, that was good! That can't be what's happening though, that ending? They couldn't have kept that a secret surely?

ETA - That was a rhetorical question - like Baz, spoilerers, either way, will be castrated.
lola
Can the doctor come back with the same face?

That was bloody brilliant, and no spoilerish trail at the end either.
princess_shrek
I wanna know NOW! But then again I CAN do grown-up and wait till next week.

Can't I?
Ade
Like everyone else, I certainly wouldn't have expected that ending at all. Glad I made the effort to watch it now.

Rather a corking episode I have to say.
Everlong
Jesus fucking christ on a stick! ohmy.gif

I've been making an effort to avoid spoilers this year, but thats one i didn't know of!

Is this the end of the tennant era? sad.gif I thought he was in it next year.
Twinkle
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

^^^
Me too, wasn't there a thing being done with David Morrisey? or have I missed it?
logger
And this was the first episode where I got Tennant as the Doctor, he should have saved the world every week.
NiteFall
It has to be said, Bernard Cribbins is a brilliant shot with a marker. Hitting something that small, firing from the hip? He must have spent hours practicing.
lola
QUOTE (Twinkle @ Jun 28 2008, 08:18 PM)
ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

^^^
Me too, wasn't there a thing being done with David Morrisey? or have I missed it?

Good point. It was the Christmas episode. Tennant was in those pictures, right? Heck of a lot of effort to have gone to just to cover up the regeneration
logger
QUOTE (lola @ Jun 28 2008, 08:37 PM)
Good point.  It was the Christmas episode.  Tennant was in those pictures, right?  Heck of a lot of effort to have gone to just to cover up the regeneration

Tennant has apparently filmed this episode according to teh webernet.

Can they not just go back in time or something?
lola
Yeah, Kei just suggested that. If that is the case, well done the BBC for being so bloody devious.

I hope they've not been that devious
Svein
Holy effing crap!!! Did not see that coming in a month of Sundays...

Totally clueless as to how they are going to get around this... surely you can't regenerate into yourself... that's the whole point of regeneration!!!

I'm taking my laptop on holiday and getting to a place that I can get the iPlayer... I can't wait until I get back!
Lazlo Woodbine
Bloody hell, i just caught the last few seconds of that episode on tv so had to watch it on iPlayer straight after. That was pretty darned exciting.
Starscream`s Ghost
It was good, apart from the fact that Davros shouldn't have a body. I would at least have liked them to try and explain that one.
Lazlo Woodbine
Well they somehow explained the part about him being alive... I'm sure they'll come up with something if pressed.
Atara
I don't for a second believe it'll happen, seemed like a pretty obvious 'shock ending' to me.

Maybe the trailer tomorrow will reveal something... perhaps.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Lazlo Woodbine @ Jun 28 2008, 10:12 PM)
Well they somehow explained the part about him being alive...  I'm sure they'll come up with something if pressed.

I seriously doubt that, but hey-ho.

And yes, it's a shock ending imho. I don't think RTD would get rid of Ten that cheaply.
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 28 2008, 10:10 PM)
It was good, apart from the fact that Davros shouldn't have a body.

What? How? Why?!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 29 2008, 12:59 AM)
What? How? Why?!

Remembrance of the Daleks?
Raven
What about it?!

You know the new series has always been part reboot!

Personally - as much as I like a lot of Remembrance, I've always felt that hiding Davros in an egg cup was pretty poor.

Here we have the real Davros back again, and it was excellent!

My only complaint - on that front - is that we didn't get to see enough of him! Brilliantly underplayed, and exceptionally well done, I say!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 29 2008, 01:27 AM)
What about it?! 

You know the new series has always been part reboot!

I wasn't aware it was a reboot at all, more of an update. Certainly something as big as giving Davros back his body (which I don't have a problem with) would be worthy of at least an explanation, you'd think.
Wife Of Rolex
Did I say I was bored of the Daleks? ph34r.gif A cracking episode but slightly spoiled by the crunchingly cheap graphics of 'TO BE CONTINUED' at the end. They should've just gone straight into the credits.

And while the regeneration was a shocker, and made a great cliffhanger, I reckon it can't be real.

If it was real the cliffhanger would've been seeing the new Doctor momentarily before the end, like we did when Eccleston became Tennant and Jacobi became Simm as The Master. Cutting off halfway through means it can't be a proper regeneration. For one, Tennant didn't give a farewell speech - a la Eccleston. RTD would definitely give him a proper leaving speech.

Anyway, I don't think any of it's really happening because I reckon Donna has another one of those time beatles on her back from last week. The girl from the Shadow Proclamation clearly said to Donna "You've got something on your back."

And did anyone notice just before The Doctor saw Rose that he said to Donna, "What did Rose tell you in that parallel world?" But it wasn't a parallel world, it was a new timeline in the same universe.
NiteFall
Did she? I thought I heard her say "you had something on your back" rather than "you have something on your back". Either way, I can't wait to see what lazy, horrible Deus Ex Machina copout reboot, everything's happy and none of it ever happened ending Davies can come up with this time. rolleyes.gif
logger
Billie wakes up from a dream to find Tennant in the shower.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I may be wrong but I suspect that the deliberate shot of the Doctors severed hand in it's jar means it will come into play in the saving of Tennent.
Llama
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 29 2008, 02:49 AM)
A cracking episode but slightly spoiled by the crunchingly cheap graphics of 'TO BE CONTINUED' at the end. They should've just gone straight into the credits.

Agreed. That made me feel ill it was so bad.
Drifter
Meh I know what happens BUT I wont spoil it for anyone.

I thought the underuse of Davros in last nights episode made him more chilling, less is more on some occassions, if you get my drift.

The Beeb have released this trailer for the last episode, Im not sure about spoilers as my soundcard has died on me for some reason so up to you if you click on it.

JOURNEYS END TRAILER
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 29 2008, 07:44 AM)
Did she? I thought I heard her say "you had something on your back" rather than "you have something on your back". Either way, I can't wait to see what lazy, horrible Deus Ex Machina copout reboot, everything's happy and none of it ever happened ending Davies can come up with this time.  rolleyes.gif

Ah damn, did I mishear it? If so, that's rather blown my clever-clog smartarse theory.

Let's face it though, it's RTD so it will all have been one big dream and it'll return to Tom Baker waking up as fit as fiddle at the bottom of the electric pylon.
logger
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jun 29 2008, 02:19 PM)

Lenny Henry the next Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.gif
Baz
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 29 2008, 06:44 AM)
Did she? I thought I heard her say "you had something on your back" rather than "you have something on your back". Either way, I can't wait to see what lazy, horrible Deus Ex Machina copout reboot, everything's happy and none of it ever happened ending Davies can come up with this time.  rolleyes.gif

Just before that though was it just me but when Donna was sitting on the stairs before the lady came up to mention the bug, Donna hears drums in her head which to me sounded like the drums from the master.

I may be clutching at straws but we still dont know what happened to the masters ring.
Drifter
QUOTE (Baz @ Jun 29 2008, 07:45 PM)
Just before that though was it just me but when Donna was sitting on the stairs before the lady came up to mention the bug, Donna hears drums in her head which to me sounded like the drums from the master.

I may be clutching at straws but we still dont know what happened to the masters ring.

it was picked up by a womans hand wasnt it?

Lenny Henry as next Doc? Good God, does that mean we'll see him running around the Tardis with a red nose on all the time or Theophilus P. Wildebeeste procastinating with his cod piece?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jun 29 2008, 08:16 PM)
Lenny Henry as next Doc? Good God, does that mean we'll see him running around the Tardis with a red nose on all the time or Theophilus P. Wildebeeste procastinating with his cod piece?

No, that was Lenny's act 15 years ago. Nowadays he'd be going round saying 'D'ya ever notice how a white Doctor flies a TARDIS like this.......but a black Doctor flies it like this?'
Drifter
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 29 2008, 09:40 PM)
No, that was Lenny's act 15 years ago. Nowadays he'd be going round saying 'D'ya ever notice how a white Doctor flies a TARDIS like this.......but a black Doctor flies it like this?'

He did that act 15 years ago too as Miles Pope sans Tardis
logger
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 29 2008, 09:40 PM)
'D'ya ever notice how a white Doctor flies a TARDIS like this......'

It's so true. We do ,we do.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 29 2008, 07:44 AM)
Either way, I can't wait to see what lazy, horrible Deus Ex Machina copout reboot, everything's happy and none of it ever happened ending Davies can come up with this time.  rolleyes.gif

Osterhagen Key.
Julie
Fucking hell, that was good.
Flame7581
That was an amazing ep.. Will have to watch it again before the next one.

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 29 2008, 07:11 AM)
I may be wrong but I suspect that the deliberate shot of the Doctors severed hand in it's jar means it will come into play in the saving of Tennent.

I was thinking the same thing. I could be reading too much into it but I'm also wondering why only half of his body showed a skeleton instead of the whole..
mousespider
Like the rest of you, thought it was a tremendous episode, and I really hope RTD comes up with a way of stopping Tennant regenerating that isn't totally lame.
Zoe
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 29 2008, 11:48 AM)
Billie wakes up from a dream to find Tennant in the shower.

Funny, the opposite happens to me.

I thought it was a bit patchy. Messy story, missing planets (again), and too much waffle about nothing and amping up of the clunky foreshadowing. This may have just been because I watched it with my brother, and we can't help but take the piss in tandem.

I liked the character stuff, and the comedy dialogue (especially from Cribbins and half-a-dalek) and I loved Billie (obvs).

If only PJ had been a Dalek.

Duncan, Duncan, I cannee see anything
Svein
I must admit that I did like Crazy Dalek Khan.... KHAAAAAN!!!!

And I do have a massive spoiler for next week...

I got the Role as the 11th Doctor!!! Honest... You watch!!!
Sostie
I thought the last episode was crap. Enjoyable, but still crap.

For some reason the FX also looked ropier than usual.

And why the whole "sogo-bogo-dogo-mojo" balls? I thought the TARDIS translated all languages!

I doubt there will be a re-generation (proper) next week. It's science-fiction. They'll find a way around it. Probably involving a sonic screwdriver.

If there is a re-generation then the show has probably pulled off one of the biggest shocks in TV drama ever.
curtinparloe
Two options for next week:

1: New Doctor, but they all die. Next series: Doctor Who: The Early Years.

2: The osterhagen (sp) key or the one second time slip or the big beetle on Donna's back come into play somehow and it was all a dream of some kind except one companion dies.

I know which one I'm expecting. Damn you, Davies!
alreadythere
QUOTE (Flame7581 @ Jun 30 2008, 12:26 AM)
I could be reading too much into it but I'm also wondering why only half of his body showed a skeleton instead of the whole..

It was a glancing blow. You can see the bolt continue past the doctor. That's why he wasn't killed outright.
Zoe
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 30 2008, 01:06 PM)
I thought the last episode was crap.  Enjoyable, but still crap.

Completely. I revelled in the crap - or something less disgusting.

I kind of hope they have pulled off the biggest surprise in TV history, especially if the shots of DT filming the Christmas special were a staged red herring; especially especially if that means the main man Morrissey (not that one) is taking over.

They did manage to keep the Martha leaving at the end of the last series under wraps, but no one cares about her anyway.

I suspect though it will all be rather less exciting and rather more of a cop-out. Donna still has something on her back.

If we don't get the crappy alternate timeline/being a second out of time angle used to prevent the regeneration. We'll probably get some kind of clone Doctor action. They've shown his handy hand-in-a-jar a few times

Whatever happens, I'd love to be surprised. Particularly if it somehow involves Sylvestor McCoy.
alreadythere
A third option: The Scooby Doo ending. Davros' mask is pulled off to reveal Harriet Jones. It was all an elaborate hoax to return her to power and get revenge on the Doctor.
Zoe
QUOTE (Baz @ Jun 29 2008, 07:45 PM)

When Harriet Jones contacts Captain Jack, Martha Jones and Sarah Jane Smith, the contact tone is the same tone used by The Master to control the populace under the Archangel network. We didn't actually see Harriet Jones exterminated did we? Just the screen going blank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.