Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Svein
I want to see the Thelma and Louise version myself...
Ade
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 30 2008, 09:44 AM)
If only PJ had been a Dalek.

Duncan, Duncan, I cannee see anything

Best thing I've read today.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 30 2008, 01:47 PM)
When Harriet Jones contacts Captain Jack, Martha Jones and Sarah Jane Smith, the contact tone is the same tone used by The Master to control the populace under the Archangel network. We didn't actually see Harriet Jones exterminated did we? Just the screen going blank

I think she's the Dalek Supreme.
Shack
I quite want there to be an actual regeneration at the start of the next episode just because it will be the best kept secret possibly ever.

And I know some secrets.

I have a feeling the last episode could get a little messier than Saturday's, but that won't stop being quite fun.
Svein
QUOTE (Shack @ Jun 30 2008, 10:13 PM)
I quite want there to be an actual regeneration at the start of the next episode just because it will be the best kept secret possibly ever.

And I know some secrets.

I have a feeling the last episode could get a little messier than Saturday's, but that won't stop being quite fun.

I'm in 2 minds, 'cause I like Tennant...
Withnail
QUOTE (Svein @ Jun 30 2008, 09:25 AM)
I must admit that I did like Crazy Dalek Khan....  KHAAAAAN!!!!

He reminded me of Daffy the Gremlin in Gremlins II!
Svein
QUOTE (Withnail @ Jul 1 2008, 09:37 AM)
He reminded me of Daffy the Gremlin in Gremlins II!

A little... There was something just unsettling about the most evil creations in the universe... and then having a crazy one!
Sostie
In the next episode we are sure to get a high profile death. It's been prophesised a few times that "the assistant" will die. Captain Jack is safe - more Torchwood on the way. Sarah Jane? Well they wouldn't want to upset the kiddies would they? Donna? I think the indications that she will perish are just a red herring. IMy money is on Rose or Martha to bite the big one (and I don't mean offer Ten Inch services to keep their job).
Shack
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 1 2008, 10:07 AM)
In the next episode we are sure to get a high profile death.  It's been prophesised a few times that "the assistant" will die.  Captain Jack is safe - more Torchwood on the way.  Sarah Jane?  Well they wouldn't want to upset the kiddies would they?  Donna?  I think the indications that she will perish are just a red herring.  IMy money is on Rose or Martha to bite the big one (and I don't mean offer Ten Inch services to keep their job).

Certainly not before the watershed anyway.
Drifter
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 1 2008, 11:07 AM)
In the next episode we are sure to get a high profile death.  It's been prophesised a few times that "the assistant" will die.  Captain Jack is safe - more Torchwood on the way.  Sarah Jane?  Well they wouldn't want to upset the kiddies would they?  Donna?  I think the indications that she will perish are just a red herring.  IMy money is on Rose or Martha to bite the big one (and I don't mean offer Ten Inch services to keep their job).

Theres rumours of Martha joining Torchwood though
Svein
It might not be high profile... It could be Bernard Cribbins...
Baz
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 1 2008, 10:07 AM)

Isn't Micky/Ricky and Rose's mum back in for the last episode as they've been in the promo shots. Maybe one of them dies..... we can only hope!
Sostie
QUOTE (Svein @ Jul 1 2008, 12:25 PM)
It might not be high profile...  It could be Bernard Cribbins...

QUOTE (Baz @ Jul 1 2008, 12:59 PM)
Isn't Micky/Ricky and Rose's mum back in for the last episode as they've been in the promo shots. Maybe one of them dies..... we can only hope!

But none of them werec really "assistants". Mickey maybe.
Raven
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 1 2008, 11:07 AM)
In the next episode we are sure to get a high profile death.  It's been prophesised a few times that "the assistant" will die.  Captain Jack is safe - more Torchwood on the way.  Sarah Jane? 

My guess is she is safe as well, because they are making another series of The Sarah Jane Adventures as well. If one of them does buy the farm, my money would be on either Donna, Rose or Martha (although I'd quite like to see her in Torchwood again).
Zoe
Haven't people suggested that his "most faithful companion" is in fact, the Tardis?

I'm not sure I can cope with another tearful farewell to Billie. Martha on the other hand...
Sostie
"Faithful"! A word associated with dogs. Could we handle the death of K-9?
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 1 2008, 01:37 PM)
I'm not sure I can cope with another tearful farewell to Billie. Martha on the other hand...

Well, it's probably going to happen again at some point, regardless.
Svein
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 1 2008, 01:39 PM)
"Faithful"!  A word associated with dogs.  Could we handle the death of K-9?

Ahhh... but as already proven, he's been rebuilt!!!

Could they bring back Adric and kill him again... I never seems enough just seeing it once!
Zoe
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 1 2008, 01:59 PM)
Well, it's probably going to happen again at some point, regardless.

I know, I know; but I'd rather it wasn't utterly traumatic i.e. involving her dying!
widowspider
QUOTE (Svein @ Jun 28 2008, 09:26 AM)
Litte taste of home eh?

Indeed!

Bloody hell. I loved it. And totally shocked by the ending, while also excited to see how they get out of it (or if they don't).
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 1 2008, 01:37 PM)
Haven't people suggested that his "most faithful companion" is in fact, the Tardis?

That's who I think it's going to be.
widowspider
Wow. That would be pretty insane. How could the series go on?
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jul 1 2008, 10:34 PM)
Wow. That would be pretty insane. How could the series go on?

It did in the early Seventies.
Zoe
I'm a bit amazed so many people were so impressed by it. The story was an absolute mess. Was it just the tag team action?

I'll admit it had its moments in terms of character and funny dialogue (not always intentional), but it was also nonsense. SF isn't just about making silly names up, it's about creating a brilliantly construsted yarn (red herrings and twists preferred).

Personally I am still sick of the sight of the Daleks, and if it wasn't for the reintroduction of Rose, I'd have been very disappointed.

I'm also sick of Davies' flimsy attitude to ongoing plot strands. He's so inconsistent, and it just smacks of making it up as he goes along. Throwing in a couple of repeated references here and there does not a series' arc make. It's not a problem I'll imagine we'll have with Moffat. I'm guessing he's already planned his first series.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 2 2008, 12:28 AM)
Personally I am still sick of the sight of the Daleks, and if it wasn't for the reintroduction of Rose, I'd have been very disappointed.

At least this time the Daleks look like they're an actual threat, as opposed to just mildly scary (like last year).

I maintain that 'Dalek' is the best story featuring them in the 'new' series.
Zoe
I think I'd have to agree with you.

It made the best use of them, though it was far from a vintage episode, the idea behind it was solid (a touch of the Romero's in underestimating your foes). I think my favourite episodes featuring them were probably the finale of series two, but that was largely due to the Doctor/Jackie, Doctor/Rose relationships.

Oh and the Cybermen/Dalek trash talk, which was just sublimely silly.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 2 2008, 12:38 AM)
Oh and the Cybermen/Dalek trash talk, which was just sublimely silly.

I'd agree, if I could understand a word the Cybermen say. Seriously, I need to have the subtitles up when they're on.

Come back, David Banks.
Svein
Well, I really enjoyed it... Thought it was, with the exception of "Dalek" the best Dalek story thus far!
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 2 2008, 12:28 AM)
I'm a bit amazed so many people were so impressed by it. The story was an absolute mess. Was it just the tag team action?

There was some story in there? I must have blinked and missed it!

I'm still trying to work out if it was a good episode or not.

With the inclusion of Sarah-Jane, Torchwood, UNIT, Rose, Davros, Harriet Jones and half a dozen others, the episode had an inordinately huge fan-wank quotient, and because they kept hitting you over the head with it you never really had the time, whilst viewing it, to digest what was going on.

Looking back on it now, I'd have to say it was an entertaining 45 minutes, but I'm concerned - after last years "reset button" finish - about what kind of rabbit is going to be pulled out of the hat this Saturday to tie everything up.

It could be utterly brilliant, but I just don't have the faith in Davis at this point that it will be.

Either way, I'll be very surprised if this week's episode is the end of Tennant, I would have expected more of a goodbye scene if he was really bowing out, but if they do have a surprise successor waiting in the wings, hats off to them for keeping it under wraps!
Sostie
It was the TV equivalent of Buckaroo Banzai. A real mess, too much going on and all a bit frantic. Yet still enjoyable.
Raven
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 2 2008, 02:17 PM)
It was the TV equivalent of Buckaroo Banzai.  A real mess, too much going on and all a bit frantic.  Yet still enjoyable.

Pretty much, yes.

As for the best Dalek story of the new run, I quite like Parting of the Ways. Dalek was good, but I hate it when series try to put a human face on something that was designed to be very unhuman.
Svein
I disagree... I didn't think it was to much of a mess... The only "confusing" bits were the Sarah Jane story, but only because I've never seen the Adventures, due to that old job thing!
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (Svein @ Jul 1 2008, 11:25 AM)
It might not be high profile...  It could be Bernard Cribbins...

That's who I think it might be.

QUOTE (Baz @ Jul 1 2008, 11:59 AM)

laugh.gif One can dream...

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 1 2008, 11:28 PM)
I'm a bit amazed so many people were so impressed by it. The story was an absolute mess...

Yup. That new Dalek is just plain ugly. Kahn, on the other hand, was the only good part of their return.

QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 2 2008, 01:11 PM)
With the inclusion of Sarah-Jane, Torchwood, UNIT, Rose, Davros, Harriet Jones and half a dozen others...

My dad laughed at me when I said it, but I think Harriet Jones is a bit evil. We never actually saw her die because the webcam cut off before her actual extermination and she said that the network subwave thingy-majigy was set up by someone called Mr.Copper (or the Mr.Copper Foundation, I can't remember exactly what she said). Could Mr. Copper be something sinister that we'll see more of in the next episode?

Or it could just be me reading too much into it? tongue.gif
Svein
QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Jul 2 2008, 02:48 PM)
That's who I think it might be.
laugh.gif One can dream...
Yup. That new Dalek is just plain ugly. Kahn, on the other hand, was the only good part of their return.
My dad laughed at me when I said it, but I think Harriet Jones is a bit evil. We never actually saw her die because the webcam cut off before her actual extermination and she said that the network subwave thingy-majigy was set up by someone called Mr.Copper (or the Mr.Copper Foundation, I can't remember exactly what she said). Could Mr. Copper be something sinister that we'll see more of in the next episode?

Or it could just be me reading too much into it?  tongue.gif

Mr. Copper = The Master? This network could be like Archangel.
Zoe
I presumed the Mr. Copper foundation was set up by Mr. Copper (Clive Swift) from the Christmas Special, with all that money Ten-inch gave him.

It'd be a hell of a coincidence if there were two of them...
Flame7581
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 1 2008, 06:07 AM)

If it is an actual companion, my money's (unfortunately) on Rose for two reasons:

1) I haven't heard any snipets about Billy coming back next year as the companion and nothing would stop Rose from joining back up with the doctor.

2) I don't see The Doctor getting together with River Song if Rose was anywhere near the picture..

Someone else mentioned it but I've also heard that Martha and Mickey were joining Torchwood
curtinparloe
3) It was a stupid idea to bring her back in the first place? Lemme guess, Adric's in the next series...

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 30 2008, 09:30 PM)
I think she's the Dalek Supreme.

Dalek tastes like chicken.
princess_shrek
I've heard conflicting things. Obviously we've had Rose telling Donna she's going to die. And one of the cast (can't remember who) has confirmed that one of the central characters dies. I've not specifically heard it'll be one of the assistants.

I agree with Carrie-Ann, that if it is an assistant it'll be Rose, and that will make me happy. I think it'd be quite fitting as well, if RTD destroyed his favourite creation as his farewell gesture.
Raven
QUOTE (princess_shrek @ Jul 2 2008, 07:59 PM)
I've heard conflicting things.  Obviously we've had Rose telling Donna she's going to die.

But didn't that happen at the end of Turn Left?
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 2 2008, 02:32 PM)
Dalek was good, but I hate it when series try to put a human face on something that was designed to be very unhuman.

Which is why it exterminated itself. I thought it explained the Dalek condition rather well.

Shame Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks made a mockery of it.
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Jul 2 2008, 02:48 PM)
Kahn, on the other hand, was the only good part of their return.

It's spelled Caan. Just to be pedantic.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Ringcoirewen @ Jul 2 2008, 09:24 PM)

I'm glad you posted that, now I don't have to.
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jul 2 2008, 09:25 PM)
I'm glad you posted that, now I don't have to.

That's what I'm here for. wink.gif

That, and to be ridiculed. Probably.
princess_shrek
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 2 2008, 08:23 PM)
But didn't that happen at the end of Turn Left?

Ah, but did it?
Raven
Yes!

Truck + Donna = Dead Donna.

That's not to say she's not a candidate this time around as well, but I think people are reading more into a statement that has already been fulfilled than may be warranted.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Ringcoirewen @ Jul 2 2008, 09:24 PM)

Is it?

mousespider
^If that's the case, then clearly the doctor should regenerate into...

Raven
Damn! You beat me to it!
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jul 2 2008, 10:51 PM)

He's not spelled Kahn either.

happy.gif
Svein
QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 2 2008, 11:01 PM)
Damn!  You beat me to it!

Dammit... me too!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.