Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
widowspider
QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 31 2008, 10:47 AM) *
I am Sophie Aldred.

Mentioning no one specifically... a lot of these choices for the Doctor are terrible.

Peter O'Toole on the other hand is perfect. David Tennant has been copying him since Casanova, and it's about time we got the real deal. I vote Jodie Whittaker for his assistant.

He is still teh sex.

No no no, I'm Sophie Aldred. We went to the same school, so it has to be me.

I still harbour a secret desire to end up as the Doctor's companion at some point in my acting career. One day...
Zoe
Fine! I'll be Rose then, but I'm not snogging anyone.

QUOTE (widowspider @ Oct 31 2008, 01:51 PM) *
I still harbour a secret desire to end up as the Doctor's companion at some point in my acting career. One day...

Acting career? I still think of it as a real job.
Serafina_Pekkala
Most of the other companions (aside Ace and Rose) are annoying so I'll be the Master.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'll be Turlough then. Angry outsider, with a grudge against the world. And a disgraceful pair of speedos.
Everlong
I'll be Mickey Smith (despite the different skin colour ha).

People take the piss out of me, but ultimately i do the right thing and reliable.
Atara
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 31 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Indeed, there are some very inappropriate names being listed above.

What is needed more than anything is a good actor, not a comedian or celebrity.

Sostie, William Hill are giving 14-1 odds on The Stah!

WILLIAM HILL ODDS ON NEXT DOCTOR (30th Oct 2008) - lifted from Outpost Gallifrey.

5/2 David Morrissey
3/1 Patterson Joseph
6/1 James McAvoy
7/1 James Nesbitt, Robert Carlyle
8/1 John Simm, Rhys Ifans
12/1 Anthony Head
14/1 Alan Davies, Jason Statham
16/1 Nigel Harman, Bill Nighy
25/1 Daniel Radcliffe, Burn Gorman
33/1 Stephen Fry, John Barrowman
20/1 Next Doctor To Be Female
50/1 Christopher Eccleston

Most of these are stupid/
Raven
Tis true, can anyone really see Alan Davis as the Doctor?! Or Daniel Radcliffe?!
princess_shrek
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 31 2008, 08:46 PM) *
Tis true, can anyone really see Alan Davis as the Doctor?! Or Daniel Radcliffe?!

Alan Davies yes, Daniel Radcliffe no.

John Barrowman cannot be the Doctor.

Richard Armitage (Guy of Gisborne) would be lovely but suspect he's already signed up longterm for 'Spooks'.

Rupert Penry-Jones on the other hand isn't doing anything at the moment, having been killed off on Monday sad.gif

However, if they're really going to go for someone ridiculously young, what's the betting it's one of the youngsters currently in 'The Sarah Jane Adventures'?
rebelstar
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 31 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Indeed, there are some very inappropriate names being listed above.

What is needed more than anything is a good actor, not a comedian or celebrity.

Sostie, William Hill are giving 14-1 odds on The Stah!

WILLIAM HILL ODDS ON NEXT DOCTOR (30th Oct 2008) - lifted from Outpost Gallifrey.

5/2 David Morrissey
3/1 Patterson Joseph
6/1 James McAvoy
7/1 James Nesbitt, Robert Carlyle
8/1 John Simm, Rhys Ifans
12/1 Anthony Head
14/1 Alan Davies, Jason Statham
16/1 Nigel Harman, Bill Nighy
25/1 Daniel Radcliffe, Burn Gorman
33/1 Stephen Fry, John Barrowman
20/1 Next Doctor To Be Female
50/1 Christopher Eccleston

Is Richard E. Grant not in the running this time? He'd be my choice.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Oct 30 2008, 01:46 PM) *
It's got to be Mark Gatiss.

Funnily enough, Moffat's already said that in an interview before.
Raven
QUOTE (princess_shrek @ Oct 31 2008, 09:27 PM) *
Alan Davies yes

Why?! Granted, he is okay in something light-weight like Jonathan Creek, but has he really got the capacity to do the more heavy-weight stuff?! I don't think so . . .

QUOTE (rebelstar @ Oct 31 2008, 09:35 PM) *

I wouldn't be unhappy with him either.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Is Dominic West too conventionally handsome?
Withnail
14/1 Jason Statham.

YES!
dolfyn
*sigh*
I'm really going to miss Tennant in this role. sad.gif He's been my favourite Doctor, by far.

QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ Oct 30 2008, 10:41 PM) *
Or Noel Fielding.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Oct 30 2008, 10:49 PM) *
If Noel Fielding took over I'd cancel my subscription to 'I love Doctor Who Monthly'

Me too! wacko.gif
Noel Fielding??? crazy4.gif The role needs someone who can act, not someone who'll recite all the lines with no other expression besides a big goofy (& slightly creepy) grin! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 31 2008, 12:52 AM) *
Well if we can chose someone who has already appeared as someone else in the Doctor Who universe I'd like to see Anthony Stewart Head considered.

I could totally see him in the role. Nice choice. Who says the role has to be played by a younger actor? tongue.gif

QUOTE (rebelstar @ Nov 1 2008, 08:35 AM) *

Ditto on my previous comment. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
princess_shrek
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Nov 5 2008, 04:01 AM) *
I could totally see him in the role. Nice choice. Who says the role has to be played by a younger actor? tongue.gif

Sadly Moffat has - in an interview just after getting the gig he suggested that Tennant was too old...
Drifter
Along with the usual names that have come up, Ive heard Paterson Joseph's name come up alot, as does Rupert Penry-Jones and Tom Ellis
Raven
There is a rumour doing the rounds that the new Doctor will be announced during Children in Need (or it could just be Wogan getting confused about the Next Doctor teaser they are showing . . .).
PrincessKate
I would love Paterson Joseph to be the new Doctor, but he's already appeared in this series, so I don't hold out much hope.
Jessopjessopjessop
It's all about the blacks at the moment.
Ade
Jack Black?

Tenacious Dr.
Drifter
QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 5 2008, 02:13 PM) *
Jack Black?

Tenacious Dr.

Ah yes, I can just picture him now telling a Dalek to "Wait!...wait, you motherfucker!"
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 5 2008, 01:53 PM) *
There is a rumour doing the rounds that the new Doctor will be announced during Children in Need (or it could just be Wogan getting confused about the Next Doctor teaser they are showing . . .).

That sounds a bit early, given that it'll be a good year before we see him on screen. I would've thought next spring at the earliest for an announcement.
Raven
If they already know who is going to play him, they may want to announce it themselves before it is leaked.
Starscream`s Ghost
Japanese Cybermen

Sorry Nick Briggs, but they're way better.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Nov 6 2008, 01:12 AM) *
It's all about the blacks at the moment.

QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 6 2008, 01:13 AM) *
Jack Black?

Tenacious Dr.

The New Zealand rugby team The All Blacks?

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Nov 7 2008, 12:31 AM) *

Hehe, all Doctor Who should be shown in Japanese!
NiteFall
Go to Japan. It is there. tongue.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 7 2008, 06:56 PM) *
Hehe, all Doctor Who should be shown in Japanese!

I completely agree, for instance: Matsu Sheyo!
Starscream`s Ghost
Just a thought; I wonder if the Beeb will announce the new Doctor on November 23rd, seeing as that will be the 45th anniversary of the programmes' first ever transmission?
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Nov 8 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Just a thought; I wonder if the Beeb will announce the new Doctor on November 23rd, seeing as that will be the 45th anniversary of the programmes' first ever transmission?

I doubt they will announce it on a Sunday, and as I said previously:

QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 5 2008, 01:53 PM) *
There is a rumour doing the rounds that the new Doctor will be announced during Children in Need.
PrincessKate
I have now decided I'd like to see Rhashan Stone as the new Doctor Who, although my housemate it is indeed he, a currently unemployed science graduate from Manchester, who will be the next Doctor.
Hmmm.
Everlong
Just caught the Next Doctor preview on Children in Need, looks alright, i reckon this episode will be a funny one.
Starscream`s Ghost
It looks good indeed. Shame Morrissey probably isn't the new Doctor, really.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Nov 14 2008, 09:20 PM) *
It looks good indeed. Shame Morrissey probably isn't the new Doctor, really.

Well, the way he introduced himself as The Doctor along with not recognising himself in DT guise (as DT guise Doctor recognised Peter Davidson guise Doctor in last year's CiN special) suggests to me that he's not going to be the next Doctor.

But then I kind of figured that anyway.
Ade
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Nov 14 2008, 09:20 PM) *
Shame Morrissey probably isn't the new Doctor, really.

"Stop me, o-o-oh stop me... stop me if you think you've been to this year before...."

"Some call boxes are bigger than others..."
Wife Of Rolex
"Irish blood, two English hearts..."

"I'm the last of the famous, interglactical Timelords..."
PrincessKate
Finally caught the first 2 mins, and I think my hopes have been raised unneccessarily by the gleeful dickensian hamminess but I'm now looking forward to this on Christmas Eve.
Wife Of Rolex
I noticed a watch chain.

That's all I'm saying.
Raven
The BBC archive site has added the following page: The Genesis of Doctor Who, which contains documents about the shows conception, a new picture gallery and interestingly - a summary of the viewer response to the first episode.

A police box with a flashing beacon travelling through interstellar space what claptrap!
Raven
Paterson Joseph talks Time Lords.
Raven
Apparently the bookies have stopped taking bets on Paterson Joseph, and the BBC are due to make an announcement about the next Doctor tomorrow (this is all internet rumour at the moment though - past the bookies not taking bets anymore - so don't take it as read just yet!).
gulfcoast_highwayman
Johnson as The Doctor!

Might work. Could we have Big Suze as an assistant?
Ade
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 21 2008, 01:29 PM) *
Johnson as The Doctor!

Might work. Could we have Big Suze as an assistant?

Yes please. Both would certainly be a tantalising prospect. I'd certainly watch the prog more often.
Everlong
If it's Paterson Joseph, I'm Happy laugh.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
Transformers/Who Crossover!

*squee*
NiteFall
But there's already been a Transformers / Who crossover. It's how Death's Head got made human sized from being giant robot sized if I remember correctly.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 22 2008, 12:39 AM) *
But there's already been a Transformers / Who crossover. It's how Death's Head got made human sized from being giant robot sized if I remember correctly.

Technically Death's Head wasn't a Transformers character, just a Simon Furman created character. You're right though, the Seventh Doctor used the Master's TCE to shrink DH to human size.
Jessopjessopjessop
Patterson Who? They reckon he's accepted the role, although the article isn't official...

http://www.sfcrowsnest.com/news/arc/2008/nz13329.php
Raven
Since my post above, last Friday, I've read elsewhere that they have a shortlist of four that they are currently working on (I'm not sure about the source for that, however!).

At this point - given the way the rumours are running - I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does go to Joseph (but then again, no one expected Christopher Eccleston to be cast four years ago, so who knows?!).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.