Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 25 2008, 05:41 PM) *
Since my post above, last Friday, I've read elsewhere that they have a shortlist of four that they are currently working on (I'm not sure about the source for that, however!).

Yeah, there's something very vague about the crow's nest post. I'm only interested because if someone like Joseph got the role I might watch it!
Everlong
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Nov 17 2008, 03:20 PM) *
I noticed a watch chain.

That's all I'm saying.

There's apparently a photo on the interweb somewhere, with..

Tennant and Morrisey looking at a Fob Watch.

Gonna go find out where it is.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Everlong @ Nov 25 2008, 10:02 PM) *
There's apparently a photo on the interweb somewhere, with..

Tennant and Morrisey looking at a Fob Watch.

Gonna go find out where it is.

Ah-ha, I bloody knew it!

I reckon Morrisey is actually a future assistant rather than The Doctor. I knew something was up when he said the Cyberman was something new.
Zoe
He'll be an imposter, no?
Raven
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Nov 27 2008, 04:47 AM) *
I knew something was up when he said the Cyberman was something new.

Plot detail spoiler:

Your assumption is incorrect, because they are new in this. The "Cybermen" seen in the pre-credits trailer are something new, RTD has referred to them as being wraiths of some kind (I can't remember the exact name, I will look it up tonight).
Withnail
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 27 2008, 11:07 AM) *
Plot detail spoiler:

Your assumption is incorrect, because they are new in this. The "Cybermen" seen in the pre-credits trailer are something new, RTD has referred to them as being wraiths of some kind (I can't remember the exact name, I will look it up tonight).

Cybershades?
Raven
QUOTE (Withnail @ Nov 27 2008, 12:10 PM) *
Cybershades?

Quite possibly, I really can't remember - which is slightly annoying because I only read it on Monday!
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 27 2008, 11:07 AM) *
Plot detail spoiler:

Yeah, well...I'm still right about Morrissey.

I think.
Raven
My guess is, that through some convoluted RTD plot device, the Morrissey "Doctor" is someone who has had some kind of psychic contact with the Doctor and he now believes he is the real deal. I predict that the Morrissey "Doctor" will end up saving the day, but die in the process (probably saving the real Doctor's life).
Raven
QUOTE (Withnail @ Nov 27 2008, 12:10 PM) *
Cybershades?

Yep, that's right!
Everlong
Aforementioned pic is here, someone linked it on another forum...

Spoilery picture goodness.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 28 2008, 04:16 AM) *
My guess is, that through some convoluted RTD plot device, the Morrissey "Doctor" is someone who has had some kind of psychic contact with the Doctor and he now believes he is the real deal. I predict that the Morrissey "Doctor" will end up saving the day, but die in the process (probably saving the real Doctor's life).

Please excuse my ignorance, but who is he? huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
AusChick
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Nov 28 2008, 03:30 AM) *
Please excuse my ignorance, but who is he? huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

He's the guy in this
dolfyn
^ Ah, thanks Sis. wink.gif

I don't think I've seen him in anything else before. huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
Everlong
They have some sort of Advent Calendar thing on the official site. One is David tennant saying merry christmas and the other is an interview with director Graeme Harper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/

And theres a bit below, confirming its on christmas day, 6pm.
Raven
Carlyle keen on 'Doctor Who' role.
Raven
Fisher [Connie, not Carrie] wants assistant role in 'Who'.

So that will be another throw-away comment in an interview, turned into a headline then!

I finally got around to watching the two part finale of this year's Sarah-Jane Adventures last night. If they want to get the Brigadier on Doctor Who again they had better be quick about it, Nicholas Courtney isn't looking all that sprightly anymore.
PrincessKate
She would make a rubbish assistant.
So there.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Dec 15 2008, 02:06 PM) *
She would make a rubbish assistant.
So there.

She won't get it now. A background in musical theatre isn't an asset now that RTD has gone.
Wife Of Rolex
Current issue of Doctor Who magazine. David Morrissey's feature. Any chance those photos are a touch spoilery in any way?

I mean, I'm chuffed that I managed to figure out a key plot device. But surely let others enjoy the surprise on christmas day. rolleyes.gif
Everlong
I don't buy the mag, i take it the spoilery pics in question are of the

Watch?

Though they could be putting it there on purpose to make people think...
sleeping_pirate
So is David Morrissey the new Doctor then? I'm really out of touch with all this at the mo.
princess_shrek
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Dec 19 2008, 11:53 AM) *
So is David Morrissey the new Doctor then? I'm really out of touch with all this at the mo.

The press preview was last night and although nobody's giving much away the bookies have lengthened the odds on Morrissey, which would tend to suggest he's not. They've slashed the odds on Paterson Joseph though...
Zoe
QUOTE (princess_shrek @ Dec 19 2008, 12:23 PM) *
nobody's giving much away the bookies

Sounds good though
princess_shrek
QUOTE (Zoe @ Dec 19 2008, 12:28 PM) *

Oooh smile.gif
Everlong
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Dec 19 2008, 11:53 AM) *

The press reviews seem to be implying...

Morrissey is The Doctor, but not necessarily the Next incarnation.
PrincessKate
Oh Good God, NO.
Ringcoirewen
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Dec 22 2008, 03:45 PM) *

ohmy.gif

I am disgusted by the mere suggestion.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'm now imagining a jaunty song and dance number with the Doctor explaining the magical properties of his Sonic Screwdriver.
mousespider
Surely this has to be a joke that was taken out of context. I know Tennant likes RTDs writing, but he can't be that foolish.
princess_shrek
QUOTE (mousespider @ Dec 22 2008, 06:47 PM) *
Surely this has to be a joke that was taken out of context. I know Tennant likes RTDs writing, but he can't be that foolish.

I think someone's been taken in by Tennant's sense of humour.

I don't see the evidence from his career history that he's that into musicals (or wouldn't he have been in some?), and on the basis of his performances in 'Blackpool' and live in 'Love's Labours Lost' he doesn't have a strong singing voice.
Ade
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Dec 22 2008, 05:49 PM) *
I'm now imagining a jaunty song and dance number with the Doctor explaining the magical properties of his Sonic Screwdriver.

*resists...urge...to...pen...lyrics*
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 22 2008, 11:44 PM) *
*resists...urge...to...pen...lyrics*

No, Ade you must give in!
GundamGuy_UK
They could sing that weird song they made a while ago
mousespider
That makes the Pertwee song sound like a goddamn masterpiece.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 22 2008, 11:57 PM) *

Written by Hans Zimmer.
Raven
QUOTE (princess_shrek @ Dec 22 2008, 07:22 PM) *
I don't see the evidence from his career history that he's that into musicals (or wouldn't he have been in some?), and on the basis of his performances in 'Blackpool' and live in 'Love's Labours Lost' he doesn't have a strong singing voice.

That didn't stop them doing a musical version of Buffy, hell half the cast couldn't sing in that!

The thought occurs that this could be the ultimate way for RTD to thumb his nose at the fans who have been saying he's done everything wrong though!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Dec 24 2008, 04:22 PM) *
The thought occurs that this could be the ultimate way for RTD to thumb his nose at the fans who have been saying he's done everything wrong though!

Thus proving them right?

wink.gif
Everlong
Looking forward to this new episode today. Sounds great.
dolfyn
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 23 2008, 10:57 AM) *

laugh.gif That was '80s cheese-tastic!!! biggrin.gif

While we're sharing Dr Who songs.... happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
maian
This year's Christmas special was easily the best of them, though that's reeeeally not saying much. I've always liked David Morrissey and I thought that he was just perfect for the role, Tennant was on good form and there was relatively little of RTD-awfulness, except for the suitably deus ex machina ending.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (maian @ Dec 26 2008, 12:14 AM) *
This year's Christmas special was easily the best of them, though that's reeeeally not saying much. I've always liked David Morrissey and I thought that he was just perfect for the role, Tennant was on good form and there was relatively little of RTD-awfulness, except for the suitably deus ex machina ending.

Hmmm, I'd like to add FOURTH PLUCKY YOUNG FEMALE COMPANION FROM LONDON IN A FUCKING ROW.
Not that Rosita was a bad character per se - but enough is enough, this just cemented why I will not be missing T Davis.
maian
I'd actually forgotten about her, which is probably the best that could be said since it really was the Two Davids show and she just kind of milled around in the background. As you say, she wasn't a bad character, but I also think that the plucky Londoner thing shouldn't be held against the special since she wasn't crammed down our throat as the others were.
PrincessKate
Oh definitely - I like the actress anyway (won't embarrass myself by trying and failing to spell her name), but she was in the background almost to the point of not being needed at all.
But the effect of triple D's - Davidx2 and Dervla - was brilliant, they were all excellent.
Llama
One of my best friends from primary school was in that episode, it was damn strange seeing him on TV. It was quite good though.
Everlong
I enjoyed it.

Despite Morrissey not being the doctor, I quite liked his character, so it was nice that he got a happy-ish ending

And The Doctor's line (more David T's acting really) about his companions breaking his heart further cements my opinion that Tennant will be very missed when he goes.
Zoe
I thought it was pretty balls. Not as balls as last year's, but still balls.

Nowhere near as entertaining as 'The Christmas Invasion' or 'The Runaway Bride'.

I am already feeling the lack of a companion and fear it's going to be a long year of occasional balls specials with crappy one time companions until Moffat takes over.

Let it go already! I'd rather have a break for a year.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Dec 26 2008, 01:45 PM) *
I thought it was pretty balls. Not as balls as last year's, but still balls.

Nowhere near as entertaining as 'The Christmas Invasion' or 'The Runaway Bride'.

I am already feeling the lack of a companion and fear it's going to be a long year of occasional balls specials with crappy one time companions until Moffat takes over.

Let it go already! I'd rather have a break for a year.

Yup, with you on the "balls". Cyber King was alrght. Just alright.
NiteFall
Unfortunately "Cyber King" just madfe me expect Bender to show up in his New Justice Team outfit-

And yes, I know he was Super King, but it's close enough for me.
Starscream`s Ghost
I enjoyed it right up until the point the giant clockwork robot showed up.

I'm assuming a big part of Cyber-tactics is making the opposition die laughing at the sight of their battle mechs.

Oh, and the fucking Daleks are part of the plot. Again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.