Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jan 18 2009, 06:24 PM) *
I see nothing 'fresh' or 'edgy' about him at all.

Quite. But my remark was more refering to the rhetoric from the producers and how they spoke about things. Most actors tend to be nice bland middle-class boys so why are we surprised? I'm not at all.

And to be fair - Matt being a young lad has ruffled some feathers and to some that defines 'edgy'. E.g. pissing off fans. Jimmy Nesbitt is about as mainstream BBC as you can get.

Too young? It is early days and I will wait till I've seen him in action for now.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jan 18 2009, 07:38 PM) *
And to be fair - Matt being a young lad has ruffled some feathers and to some that defines 'edgy'. E.g. pissing off fans.

It's hardly difficult to piss of most Who fans though. And I do include myself in that.
Everlong
Michelle Ryan seems to obvious a choice.

I think they should go with an unknown, hold tons of auditions, find a companion that won't fuck off after a series tongue.gif
Zoe
As long as they're not from present day London and come sans annoying family I'll be partially happy.
NiteFall
Unless they bring Rose back again, right? wink.gif
Zoe
No, her running off with a sex clone has somewhat soured my happy memories.
grumpygit
Bring back K9.
Starscream`s Ghost
Or not.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 18 2009, 07:50 PM) *
As long as they're not from present day London and come sans annoying family I'll be partially happy.

Teh Slaters then ...
mousespider
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 18 2009, 02:48 PM) *
I think they should go with an unknown, hold tons of auditions, find a companion that won't fuck off after a series tongue.gif

Exactly. I'd like to see a companion stay for a few series, and develop a real rapport with the doctor, as long as they don't become annoyingly cocky like Rose did.
Zoe
QUOTE (mousespider @ Jan 18 2009, 09:33 PM) *
a real report

With pie charts and stuff?
mousespider
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 18 2009, 05:36 PM) *
With pie charts and stuff?

Oops. I must be watching too much Colbert.
Zoe
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 14 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Davies promises fresher 'Dr Who' special.

I'm not entirely sure what means . . .

Maybe filming it somewhere homosexuality is illegal?

The Doctor in Dubai
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 18 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Maybe filming it somewhere homosexuality is illegal?

The Doctor in Dubai

As homophobic countries go, I've heard Tobago is nicer.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jan 18 2009, 06:24 PM) *
His casting is about as edgy as a satsuma, to quote the Boosh. If they'd wanted edgy they should've cast Nesbitt or Paterson, instead of going for a nice bland middle-class boy. Just my opinion, and I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I see nothing 'fresh' or 'edgy' about him at all.

You owe me a fiver, by the way.

Heh. wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 18 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Michelle Ryan seems to obvious a choice.

Like me.
Raven
Well, for all those who were worried, it looks like you can breathe easy about Michelle Ryan being Matt Smith's companion - she's apparently been seen on location filming for The Planet of the Dead, so it looks like she will be in the next special, and not the next series.
spacemonkey
Hmmm looks like they're filming it round the corner from my office. I can see the film crews from my window, they've changed street signs to London ones too. Can't see much else from here so could be summat else.
Raven
QUOTE (spacemonkey @ Jan 21 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Hmmm looks like they're filming it round the corner from my office. I can see the film crews from my window, they've changed street signs to London ones too. Can't see much else from here so could be summat else.

That probably is Doctor Who, I know they were filming with a red "London" bus earlier this week.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Kelly Brook's available again...........
Zoe

WOOF!
gulfcoast_highwayman
And doing her on the top deck of a bus. So romantic, it's almost Pauline Calf-esque in it's beauty.
Everlong
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 23 2009, 10:37 AM) *

WOOF!

She reminds me of Gwen from Torchwood a bit there, it's the hair methinks.
Douglas Nicol
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 18 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Unless they bring Rose back again, right? wink.gif

Late reply here, please, DON'T BRING BACK THE CHAV.

Sorry, Rose wasn't bad at first, but she turned into as has been mentioned before 'cocky' as well as gaping mouthed and trying to look tough while holding a big gun that just didn't seem to look right.

I'm also rather ticked off at the new Who, he looks like a terminally depressed emo Goth type (apologies to any Goths here) and MIchelle Ryan, please no, she just can't act worth her life. Is Who turning into every other program where everyone has to be perceived as good looking all the time, christ..
Raven
Sorry Zoe, but Agyeman to make 'Doctor Who' return?

Also:

Clunes 'was approached to be Doctor' - I'd take that with a very large pile of salt!
Zoe
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 27 2009, 01:22 PM) *

Not really unexpected.

I'll be very happy if she brings Tom Ellis with her.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 27 2009, 01:25 PM) *
I'll be very happy if she brings Tom Ellis with her.

Yes please.
Raven
Noel Clarke 'wants Doctor Who return'.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see that.
spacemonkey
Clarke told The Sun: "Who would turn down a return to Doctor Who? I love the show and have always supported it. I was there from day one when nobody was sure if it was going to be a hit.

Hmmm he's a lot older than he looks then
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 23 2009, 10:37 AM) *

WOOF!

Yes.
gulfcoast_highwayman
She looks to be clad in Mrs Peel style leather garb, and the bus looks a bit old fashioned. A 60's setting perhaps?
grumpygit
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jan 28 2009, 09:25 PM) *
She looks to be clad in Suzi Quatro style leather garb, and the bus looks a bit old fashioned. A 60's setting perhaps?

In Dubai?
Raven
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Jan 28 2009, 09:31 PM) *

Yep.
Raven
This is very good: Anime Doctor Who.

And the story-board artwork can be found here.
Starscream`s Ghost
That is seriously brilliant.
Raven
BBC 'planning Doctor Who stage show'.
Baz
Duncan named as new Doctor Who assistant.

For one second I thought it was Duncan from Blue until I clicked the link and read the story.
Raven
That's only for the second of Tennant's four remaining specials.
Zoe
I adore Lindsay Duncan.

Has anyone else seen 'Shooting the Past'? It's perfect.
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 19 2009, 08:11 PM) *
I adore Lindsay Duncan.

Has anyone else seen 'Shooting the Past'? It's perfect.

It's still on my lovefilm list after you recommended it at the last Leeds Meet. It'll show up eventually.
Zoe
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 19 2009, 08:13 PM) *
It's still on my lovefilm list after you recommended it at the last Leeds Meet. It'll show up eventually.

It's spectacularly good.
Sostie
I fell in love with her after GBH. I love the idea of a "mature" companion.
Raven
Robert Mugabe 'hoarding lost 'Who' episodes'.

I'll bet he watches them every Saturday evening, whilst eating his beans on toast!
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 22 2009, 02:57 PM) *
Robert Mugabe 'hoarding lost 'Who' episodes'.

I'll bet he watches them every Saturday evening, whilst eating his beans on toast!

Is that human beans?

Anyone?
Withnail
Anyone remember this? laugh.gif

http://www.tombakersays.com/jokes.html

Warning some are NSFW!!!
omni
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 19 2009, 03:11 PM) *
I adore Lindsay Duncan.

Seconded. Her work in Rome was phenomenal.
Baz
Not technically anything to do with Doctor Who apart from the shiny Tardis, but it may interest some people if they are about on the South Bank.

Raven
Tardis 'to get a full redesign' - not sure how much truth there is to that, given that they have already started filming Who in HD . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.