Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Everlong
Um, seen the new TARDIS, it's on the radio times website. Wow.

I won't post the pic incase people don't want to be spoiled, but it's at this link... http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features...6/mainImage.jpg
Starscream`s Ghost
Oh, me likey. biggrin.gif
widowspider
I still find it very odd to see him on the tellybox. However, I'm really excited to see how it all kicks off - from what I've seen it looks great.
omni
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 29 2010, 05:27 PM) *
I still find it very odd to see him on the tellybox. However, I'm really excited to see how it all kicks off - from what I've seen it looks great.

I can imagine. It's like seeing Seamus on Castle for me and Theresa.
Everlong
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 29 2010, 10:27 PM) *

Ooh yeah you went uni or college together didn't you?

It was you wasn't it? I remember someone saying on here.
Raven
Matt Smith: 'I wrote Doctor Who stories'.

Interesting . . .
Everlong
Interesting way of creating his incarnation, but then I guess that's one of the joys of being cast as the Doctor, you get a lot of room for creating your own character.

I've not written fanfic before, but I can imagine that DW fan fic is fun to write, I was tempted by that competition.

Difference being he has the honour of playing him.
Wife Of Rolex
I did once start a Doctor Who fanfic but lost momentum. I've still got the whole thing pretty much rolling around my head nearly 5 years on. Maybe I'll get back to it at some point.

Though, as far as I can tell, there's an episode in the new series that has the same kind of monster/alien. I'll wait and see.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I am ridiculously excited about Saturday. I've just let out a little cheer watching the trailer.
widowspider
QUOTE (Everlong @ Mar 29 2010, 11:10 PM) *
Ooh yeah you went uni or college together didn't you?

It was you wasn't it? I remember someone saying on here.

Yep, that's me. He's a bit of an oddball, but I always got on very well with him. I'm excited to see it this weekend! I think it's showing on BBC America at the same time here, but I'm filming so will have to wait until Monday next week.

Pete - that must be weird! He's good though, he enjoys the humour in his role a lot. I enjoy his performance. smile.gif
widowspider
For any New York fans, there will be a special screening at Village East cinema on April 14th of the new episode, followed by a Q&A with Matt and Karen and Steven Moffat. 7pm on a first come first served basis. I have band practice but I really wish I could go. Sounds fun! Would be great to say hi to Matt.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Here's the Blue Peter interview for anyone who missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/bluepeter/videos/mattsmith
Raven
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 1 2010, 03:41 AM) *
For any New York fans, there will be a special screening at Village East cinema on April 14th of the new episode, followed by a Q&A with Matt and Karen and Steven Moffat. 7pm on a first come first served basis. I have band practice but I really wish I could go. Sounds fun! Would be great to say hi to Matt.

Bail on them! Tell them an old friend is in town for one night and your going to see him! (could be a useful contact, you could end up playing a Reindeer, or something, in the next Christmas special!).
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 1 2010, 02:33 PM) *
Bail on them! Tell them an old friend is in town for one night and your going to see him! (could be a useful contact, you could end up playing a Reindeer, or something, in the next Christmas special!).

A 900 year old friend.
Everlong
"Hiya Matt, say, your spaceship is rather mahusive inside, you could do with another companion about the place..."
widowspider
It's very tempting to try and move the rehearsal, but we haven't been able to get together for weeks because of schedule conflicts. It would be a great opportunity for me to get my face seen by Steven Moffat though. Arsecakes.
Raven
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 1 2010, 05:19 PM) *
It's very tempting to try and move the rehearsal, but we haven't been able to get together for weeks because of schedule conflicts. It would be a great opportunity for me to get my face seen by Steven Moffat though. Arsecakes.

Once in a life-time springs to mind!
Ade
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 6 2009, 10:18 AM) *
New logo for 2010:

Not sure about the TARDIS shaped DW, but the actual "Doctor Who" isn't entirely dissimilar to some previous logos.

More than a little late to the opinion/discussion, but I really like it, the DW especially - I like its simplicity.
Serafina_Pekkala
Dew.

Clever and well thought out (better than the Eye of Sauron one). I like the old ones though. I'm a traditionalist.
Raven
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 1 2010, 06:58 PM) *
Clever and well thought out (better than the Eye of Sauron one).

I've always thought that looked like a balck cab Taxi badge.
PrincessKate
My friends and I will be doing this tomorrow. Then fajitas with the new ep on Saturday.
Ade
Dew.

Is how the theme toon go. Dew d-dew, dew d-dew. You get the idea.

Clever and well thought out (better than the Eye of Sauron one).

I quite agree. I really didn't like the gold pointy 'eye' logo - it was a little naff in my opinion.
Wife Of Rolex
Adjusted my little video, The Tenth Doctor's End Of Time, and re-uploaded it. New link...

Might not look very different - it's not really - but the first one got shifted a fraction out of sync with the track by the round about way I had to put it together and it was bugging me so I've fixed it. This is in no way a shameless plug for it.

Not at all.

Well, maybe a little bit.
Zoe
Michael Legge's blog

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1137...150168217620322

Sublime
Everlong
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 3 2010, 02:33 PM) *

Haha, this is my favourite bit...

Like we could have done with The fucking Ood if that Russell Cunt Davies had just left them the fuck alone. Why not just bring fucking Rose back again? For the billionth time. Be nice to see her saying goodbye to The Doctor properly. AGAIN. Or Captain cunting Jack? Why doesn't the Doctor find him on the planet of The Bum or wherever the fuck he lives and just fuck him.
Zoe
The Doctor crashed The Adam and Joe show this morning, at about five past eleven.
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 3 2010, 04:27 PM) *
The Doctor crashed The Adam and Joe show this morning, at about five past eleven.

Eleven minutes past eleven would have been cooler (or nerdier, take your pick!).
Atara
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 3 2010, 04:27 PM) *

Wait....what?

Edit: oh I know

I like new Doctor, I like new girl, I like new titles and new tardis
Sean of the Dead
Well, that was fun, and she's not from London! Still has the annoying family, but that's a given.
Raven
Fantastic! Absolutely bloody brilliant! I'm grinning like a five year-old!

David who?
Starscream`s Ghost
I enjoyed that so much more than I did all of the specials last year. Bring it on.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Tons of fun. Both Matt & Karen were excellent, and the whole thing had a great feeling about it.
Atara
Oh I'm geniunly so chuffed. I was bored of Tennant and bored with how it was going and now I'm all giddy about it again.

Decent story for an episode that had to cram in new doctor, new assistant, new tardis and a new outfit. Oh I love Stephen Moffat.

The clips from the series went a bit far, but looks ace
Ade
Well, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that. I was really not impressed at all when he was first announced as the new Doc, but Matt Smith has won me round big time. And Emilia Pond is teh gorgeousness.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I loved the close up on Amy's eyes. I want to lick every freckle on that face.
Ade
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Apr 3 2010, 07:56 PM) *

She lurrrvely.
Atara
She is gorgeous. Finally an assistant not made of mouth.
Ade
Oh, 'Amy', was it? I'm clearly going a bit mutt'n'jeff.
Zoe
I really enjoyed that, and in quite a silly episode Moffat still managed to cram in some genuinely creepy moments (I was pretty scared of that hidden door)

The face-off on the roof (and some other elements) did remind me of The Christmas Invasion a bit, but that's not necessarily a bad thing and it certainly achieved what that episode did in introducing a new and exciting Doctor.

I have to say, though she has 'family ties' with her friends in the village and her fiance, I'm not worried. The imminent wedding day adds possibility for some clever time travel stuff related to her personal life (rather than the soap opera that got a bit grating last time).

Also, I do wonder if Rory might end up traveling with them. He was quite useful in the first episode and the companion being in a relationship doesn't have to be a cause of conflict. I would have loved Sally AND Larry to have gone with the Doctor (rather than the Oscars) and I like the idea of a husband and wife team in the TARDIS.

Like Amy, like the village setting, liked the creepy moments and the silly bits, liked the nod to Doctors past, liked the new Doctor. Moffat's clearly taking this very seriously and we're in for a real treat.

How amazing we might not have a single duff episode all series now it's in such safe hands. I'm so used to expecting 3 or 4 gems and whining about the lost potential of the rest, this is a whole new experience!

Next week looks scary...

QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 3 2010, 08:05 PM) *

Short for Amelia - you're not deaf yet x
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 3 2010, 08:05 PM) *

No, as a child she was 'Emilia', but obviously prefered 'Amy' when she was older. Your old ears aren't failing you yet, Ade.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Apr 3 2010, 08:12 PM) *
No, as a child she was 'Emilia', but obviously prefered 'Amy' when she was older. Your old ears aren't failing you yet, Ade.

Wouldn't that make her 'Amelia' though?
Zoe
QUOTE (The Telegraph)
“The Doctor meets Amy in quite a brilliant and beautiful way,” he says, explaining that the arrival of a Time Lord would miff any provincial boyfriend. “A romantic relationship is about balance, if it works, and the Doctor can see the balance of things tipping between Amy and Rory. He quite likes Rory, but that doesn’t stop him asserting himself as alpha male on a daily basis.”

Yeah, I think he's going with them
Raven
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Apr 3 2010, 07:56 PM) *

To paraphrase a line from tonight's episode:

"Gulf, get a girlfriend!"
gulfcoast_highwayman
One tiny bit I liked. The Dr. had to call ahead to find out which window to aim for with the fire-engine. Under RTD's reign, I don't think that would have happened. He would just have appeared.
Zoe
The 'duck' was a nice call back to 'Blink' too.
Starscream`s Ghost
With the only explanation being 'it's magic!', or something.
Baz
Was really good.

Anyone else notice the word "Myth" dotted about? Could be a story arc in the same way as Bad Wolf or a ref back to the Myth Makers episodes from early Who.
Sostie
Good episode, impressive Doctor, gorgeous assistant.

Bill Nighy, Toby Jones and alternate WWII I'm really looking forward to.

Only downside was the music seemed a little evasive at times and thenew variation of the theme was pretty poor.
monkeyman
Great episode. I liked the Doctor telling the aliens to fuck off and not come back by making them look at what he'd achieved in the past.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 3 2010, 09:36 PM) *
Bill Nighy, Toby Jones and alternate WWII I'm really looking forward to.

Yes yes yes!

I have had a very Who-filled day. We finally made it to the 'roadshow' in Town, only to be let down with it being three trailers on the big screen (one in 3d, glasses provided), an admittedly nice holographic sticker, and the opportunity to "Have your photo taken with Matt Smith!! I mean, that one on the screen.. He's not actually here... Of course. Still, have your photo taken with him!"
Silly beeb.

Loved the new episode, Child-Amy was excellent and so many nice throwaway lines, "She made me dress up as you!" Was a particular favourite. And of course, lovely Karen was wearing seams, which really made that outfit.

Watched the Confidential afterward, slightly disappointed that Matt's personality was far more subdued than Tennant and Ecclestone have been in previous series, hopefully he opens up later on.

Then we watched Pyramids of Mars, having first been treated to the 'Oh, Mummy' featurette on the DVD ("I bring you Sutekh's gift... of Milk"), and the differences were extremely marked, a slower, more deliberate pace; a less certain, knowing Doctor and far more deaths than your average new episode. Very enjoyable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.