Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Svein
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 12 2008, 12:47 AM)
Following The Runaway Bride I think they are going to play off each other very well (that still remains to be seen, of course, but I'm willing to keep an open mind at this point).

I would have to agree with that. It's going to be hard for Tate to really shake the skitcom persona, but then again, a lot of people didn't think that Billie Piper would work, and look how wrong they were!
Raven
Lifted from Dr Who On-line, because it's not very easy to link to . . .

The Sun's Free 'Who' DVD offer

News Dated: 11/3/2008

The Sun newspaper have a brand new free Doctor Who DVD offer.

If you can’t wait for the new series of Dr Who, which is back on our screens soon, then The Sun newspaper have got just what the doctor ordered! Starting on Saturday March 15, they're offering every reader a FREE Dr Who DVD.

The offer includes six of the best episodes from the last two series - three episodes each from Series Two and from Series Three - starring David Tennant as The Doctor, his companions Rose Tyler and Martha Jones along with much loved characters such as Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 and adversaries including the Master, the Cybermen and of course, the Daleks. Watch The Doctor as he battles to save the Earth and travels through time and experiences wonderful adventures.

To get your hands on your DVDs simply cut out each of the vouchers printed in The Sun on Saturday March 15 - the News of the World on Sunday, March 16, and The Sun from Monday March 17 until Thursday March 20 - and take them into any participating Asda or Martin McColls store each day for your free DVD.

Alternatively, keep hold of your vouchers and they will post the whole lot to you for just £4.50! Plus, if you sign up to be notified about other great offers, you’ll also get a FREE Sarah Jane audio book worth £5.99!

Saturday: School Reunion

Starring David Tennant, Billie Piper, Anthony Head and Elizabeth Sladen.

The Doctor meets an old friend, Sarah Jane Smith, and Rose discovers the legacy of being a Time Lord’s companion.

Sunday: Army of Ghosts

Starring David Tennant, Billie Piper, Camille Coduri and Noel Clarke

The Doctor and Rose and drawn to Torchwood Tower, but a mighty invasion force is ready to march.

Monday: Doomsday

Starring David Tennant, Billie Piper, Camille Coduri and Noel Clarke

As two mighty armies clash, the Doctor realises that saving the earth might mean the death of Rose Tyler.

Tuesday: Smith and Jones

Starring David Tennant, Freema Agyeman, Anne Reid and Roy Marsden

When Martha Jones finds herself on the Moon, she meets a mysterious stranger called the Doctor, and her life will never be the same again.

Wednesday: Blink

Starring David Tennant and Freema Agyeman.

In an old, abandoned house, the Weeping Angels wait. Only the Doctor can stop them, but he’s lost in time.

Thursday: Utopia

Starring David Tennant, Freema Agyeman, John Barrowman, Derek Jacobi and John Sim.

Jack’s back! As Captain Jack comes storming into the Doctor’s life again, the TARDIS is thrown to the end of the universe itself.

Instant redeem at Asda, Martin’s and McColl’s. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply, see paper for details.

Blink for free! What a bargin!
Drifter
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 12 2008, 02:15 PM)
Blink for free!  What a bargin!

Hmm, it would mean having to buy The Sun though...
princess_shrek
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 12 2008, 01:15 PM)
Blink for free!  What a bargin!

bit too late for me - already got box sets for the Eccleston and Tennant series...
Raven
I've got the first series and selected disks from the last two. I'm not particularly willing to shell out BBC prices for the series two and three box sets, but I'm half tempted to get the Army of Ghosts/Doomsday double bill above.
Cici_Rose
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 11 2008, 06:47 PM)
Following The Runaway Bride I think they are going to play off each other very well (that still remains to be seen, of course, but I'm willing to keep an open mind at this point).

Oh, I didn't mean that I don't think they'll play well off each other. I meant the costumes tongue.gif I'm actually looking forward to seeing Donna as a full-time companion. I'm the only one amongst my friends who isn't horrified.

I think it'll be a nice change of pace for the Doctor to have a companion that talks back and questions him from time to time (and that isn't completely in love with him..at least I hope that's how it is). Not that Rose and Martha didn't, but Donna is much more outspoken and forceful with him, lol. I'm wondering how many times she'll slap him before the series is done wink.gif
Svein
QUOTE (Drifter @ Mar 12 2008, 03:14 PM)
Hmm, it would mean having to buy The Sun though...

I know what you mean... it's a real poser...

I think I may buy it and then burn it immediately!
Raven
QUOTE (Cici_Rose @ Mar 13 2008, 01:22 AM)
I'm wondering how many times she'll slap him before the series is done wink.gif

Plenty, I hope!
Drifter
QUOTE (Svein @ Mar 13 2008, 11:31 AM)
I know what you mean...  it's a real poser...

I think I may buy it and then burn it immediately!

I think I would feel unclean for buying a copy of The Sun...its tempting admittedly but I may just wait for the dvd boxsets to come down in price
Drifter

Drifter

Drifter

Some season 4 pics for you
princess_shrek
Ooh so Cap'n Jack's back again smile.gif
Everlong
Yeah and apparently a few more characters according to the sun today.

Have a pic of gun-toting billie.

NiteFall
That looks really badly photoshopped doesn't it?
Starscream`s Ghost
Billie always does.
Raven
Try to remember spoiler warnings or tags in this thread please folks, I know most of the above is common knowledge by now, but there are some here who don't want to know everything before the series airs!
KevinandNick
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Mar 15 2008, 08:38 PM)
That looks really badly photoshopped doesn't it?

I assure you, it's not - I've looked at numerous pics taken by lurking fans during the location filming for the final story over the last week.

BTW, the pic that was printed in The Sun yesterday, as a "Sun exclusive" was actually stolen from a Doctor Who forum - so much for journalistic ethics (Nick & I trained as journalists, so we know that this term is something of an oxy-moron!)

I have also read some VERY interesting spoilers about the series four finale, but I have come to realise that spoilers aren't liked too much on the Spaced-Out site, even when put in spoiler tags, so I'll not risk upsetting folk and keep quiet! smile.gif

What I will quickly say is that you might want to keep an eye out on the episode of Torchwood that will play on BBC2 this Wednesday, as one of the guest cast will be playing a VERY important role in the finale of series four of Doctor Who... wink.gif

Kev W
Zoe
The one that was on BBC Three this week? Nearly all the guest cast died or vanished, apart from that wet little projectionist, oh and that blonde kid. Are you sure?
lola
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Mar 16 2008, 01:32 PM)
I assure you, it's not - I've looked at numerous pics taken by lurking fans during the location filming for the final story over the last week.
Kev W

Course it's not, it was on Torchwood this week.
Zoe
I've just realised you mean an actor from this week's 'Torchwood' will be playing a different role in 'Doctor Who', and I bet I know which one. Meh, if it's who I think it is, he was OK, creepy but a bit hammy. I'm suprised they wouldn't get someone better known (like the previously mooted Ben 'call me Sir Ben' Kingsley). Has the casting been confirmed?
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 16 2008, 01:52 PM)
Are you sure?

I refer to a cast member rather than a character.

Freema Aygeman originally appeared on Doctor Who in a walk-on part in the finale of series two and was called back to play Martha Jones in series three. The same thing is happening here - someone guesting in Torchwood has been called back to play a much bigger role.

Kev W
Cici_Rose
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 16 2008, 07:53 AM)
Try to remember spoiler warnings or tags in this thread please folks, I know most of the above is common knowledge by now, but there are some here who don't want to know everything before the series airs!

Speaking as someone who hates spoilers, thanks very much, Raven! I've never scrolled down a page so quickly in my life laugh.gif
Raven
To be honest, some of the pictures above are verging on the boarder of what I want to know about this series before watching it, so it was as much self interest as anything else!
Drifter
I apologise, my fault for posting them, next time I will link off site if I have anymore come into my possession.

Hope you like this instead....

Raven
I've got the wallpaper banner of that somewhere - it is very clever!
Cici_Rose
QUOTE (Drifter @ Mar 16 2008, 04:47 PM)
I apologise, my fault for posting them, next time I will link off site if I have anymore come into my possession.

Nothing to apologise for!! smile.gif

I love that wallpaper!! I've seen it countless times and it still makes me laugh laugh.gif
AusChick
I sent it to my hubby who responded with "Funny. Now if only I knew someone (else) nerdy enough to appreciate it"
laugh.gif
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Drifter @ Mar 16 2008, 08:47 PM)

Wonderful stuff! laugh.gif

Kev W
Svein
Thank you for my new work wallpaper!
Hamish
David Tennant and Catherine Tate are on Jonathan Ross on April 4th so I think It'll probably start on the Saturday after that, the 5th.
AusChick
Which means we will probaby get it by about July/August.
Raven
QUOTE (Hamish @ Mar 18 2008, 09:53 PM)
David Tennant and Catherine Tate are on Jonathan Ross on April 4th so I think It'll probably start on the Saturday after that, the 5th.

That's what I'm hoping.

The BBC are due to start showing the "cinema" trailer, that they have had doing the rounds, on BBC1 on Saturday 29th March at 7pm (apparently).

I suspect teaser trailers may hit our screens this weekend, if that is the case.

ETA:

Sorry, I got that wrong, it is due to air this Saturday around 7.05pm, so I would say that April 5th is a safe bet!
Raven
April 5th it is!
Everlong
Nice, thats only just over 2 weeks away by my calculations.

Though i might be out for a mate's birthday, depending on what day he's celebrating. Sky+ it shall be.
Drifter
The Friday Night Project are looking for huge fans of David to come along to London Studios next Thursday evening (27/03/08) and quiz David in "Ask Me Anything" - the part of the show where the audience get to ask the guest host everything and anything! If you're interested in grilling David then please email:

james.emtage@princesstv.com
Raven
Hugo nominations are out, and Who has two entries:

The full list of nominations in the Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form category are.

Doctor Who - Human Nature/Family of Blood, written by Paul Cornell and directed by Charles Palmer

Doctor Who - Blink, written by Steven Moffat and directed by Hettie Macdonald

Torchwood - Captain Jack Harkness, written by Catherine Tregenna and directed by Ashley Way

Battlestar Galactica - Razor, written by Michael Taylor and directed by Félix Enríquez Alcalá and Wayne Rose

Star Trek New Voyages - World Enough and Time written by Michael Reaves & Marc Scott Zicree and directed by Marc Scott Zicree

Will Moffat make the hatrick?! Let's hope so!
KevinandNick
The Beeb are going to be playing the trailer for series four that went out in cinemas recently.

It'll be played just after Toy Story 2 around 7pm if I remember correctly.

Kev W
princess_shrek
Ooh yeah...looks good biggrin.gif
Raven
Tom Baker ponders 'Doctor Who' return - not as exciting as the headline suggests.
Starscream`s Ghost
They'd never ask him.
Svein
Shame if they didn't... I'd love to see him don the scarf for one final time!
NiteFall
I was hoping that he'd come back as The Master to be honest.
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 25 2008, 01:43 PM)
They'd never ask him.

Why?
Starscream`s Ghost
Because he's way too old now, and RTD doesn't appear to be very fond of that era.
Raven
Where did you hear/read that? (RTD not liking the Tom Baker era?).
Starscream`s Ghost
I'm sure it was in one of the myriad TV mags out there when the series rebooted, that he prefers Troughton and Pertwee, and wants to recapture that rather than what came later. Hence the leaving out of the middle 8 in season one.
Svein
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 25 2008, 03:59 PM)
Hence the leaving out of the middle 8 in season one.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You've confused me... wacko.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Svein @ Mar 25 2008, 03:05 PM)
?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You've confused me...  wacko.gif

The middle 8 in the theme tune of season one was left out, as Murray Gold and RTD dislike it. It was re-incorporated after season one, as the fans thought a theme tune was more important than story. Or something. wink.gif
Svein
Right... got ya.... Hell, as a musician, I should have spotted what you meant by "middle 8"!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.