Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 31 2011, 02:58 PM) *
Or Eccleston's!

Or even McGann's, as the Tardis had to regenerate some time between the film and the revival, right?
Everlong
BBC America trailer.

Almost completely new footage from the other trailers...

Including MARK FUCKING SHEPPARD! Badger In the TARDIS!!
Everlong
Sorry for a double post...

The title for episode 7 (the big mid-series cliffhanger) has been confirmed as...

A Good Man Goes To War

Blimey. Sounds... dramatic. Looking forward to the series! Though, apparently there's going to be loads of spoilers flying around tonight, so I'm going to try and hide from Who-Related stuff for the rest of the day!
Raven
The press screening for the first two episodes is tonight, I personally think the publicity machine has started rolling a tad too early this year.
Everlong
Yeah, I thought this stuff normally all popped up less than a fortnight before transmission. Still nearly 3 weeks until it's on!
Raven
Matt Smith & Co. in NY this Friday, Wids!
Raven
Episode titles for the first half of the series, as confirmed by Doctor Who Monthly:

1) The Impossible Astronaut
2) Day of the Moon
3) The Curse of the Black Spot
4) The Doctor's Wife
5) The Rebel Flesh
6) The Almost People
7) A Good Man Goes to War
Rebus
Some absolutely hilarawful bullshit gossip about a certain Pond. Not so much spoilers, as batshit insane and will never happen.
Everlong
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 6 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Episode titles for the first half of the series, as confirmed by Doctor Who Monthly:

1) The Impossible Astronaut
2) Day of the Moon
3) The Curse of the Black Spot
4) The Doctor's Wife
5) The Rebel Flesh
6) The Almost People
7) A Good Man Goes to War

Good stuff.

QUOTE (Rebus @ Apr 6 2011, 09:54 PM) *
Some absolutely hilarawful bullshit gossip about a certain Pond. Not so much spoilers, as batshit insane and will never happen.

Weird Stuff.

Someone I know reckons something called 'The Silence', which is in the first two episodes of this new series was in all of series 5, and that people can notice it in all different parts that don't seem quite 'right'. Also makes sense considering the "Silence Will Fall!" line from The Pandorica Opens.
Everlong
American fans! Another Doctor Who star is going to be on The Late Late Show, this time it's Karen Gillan!

I don't know the date, it's in the next couple of weeks though, before the new series starts.
Raven
QUOTE (Everlong @ Apr 7 2011, 10:42 PM) *
American fans! Another Doctor Who star is going to be on The Late Late Show, this time it's Karen Gillan!

I don't know the date, it's in the next couple of weeks though, before the new series starts.

^ April 13th.
Rebus
Steven Moffat - mid-Series 6 finale hints..

“If you take someone like the Doctor and really piss him off, if you set yourself up to go to war with the Doctor, what would happen? Obviously you’d lose, it would be a massive, crushing defeat, but what side of the Doctor does it bring out?

Spoiler tags added, as it contains information some may not wish to know! - R.

EDIT: Also, for those who want a MASSIVE spoiler related to the redesigned Cybermen - click here.
Everlong
^ Saw that pic in the radio times. Episode 7 sounds excellent.

Two preview clips of Episode 1 are online...

Clip 1

Clip 2

Nothing spoilery at all. Love the second clip though, Smith's acting! He can actually be a tough and slightly scary (well, creepy perhaps) Doctor!
widowspider
He's so irritatingly talented. DAMN HIM!
Raven
Did you manage to catch up with him last weekend?

In other news:

Dr Who Girl's Knickers.

I'm sure this will be on Graham Norton at some point.
Everlong
^ That's scary and amusing in equal measure.

This popped up on twitter a little while ago. Just a couple of mins of talking heads and tiny clips, but it looks good.

widowspider
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 14 2011, 07:17 PM) *
Did you manage to catch up with him last weekend?

In other news:

Dr Who Girl's Knickers.

I'm sure this will be on Graham Norton at some point.

No, I couldn't get out of my meeting and I also ended up doing a film workshop class for something I'm filming next month. Most annoying, but I decided I'd rather prioritise my acting career than a friend who already has one! smile.gif
Everlong
Twitter has gone Doctor Who mad today.

The TARDIS trio read celeb tweets in American accents.

Karen is rubbish at it haha. I like Matt and Arthur's readings. Matt sounds like a gangster talking about dolphins laugh.gif

Heehee:

Raven
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 14 2011, 08:41 PM) *
Most annoying, but I decided I'd rather prioritise my acting career than a friend who already has one! smile.gif

But it might have landed you a role in the next series! You could have been the Rani . . . or Romana III . . . or a Dalek . . . or something . . .
Everlong
Don't know how reliable this is, but apparently W. Morgan Sheppard is starring in this Saturday's episode!

Probably bull, but I've spoilered in case it's true and supposedly meant to be a surprise, given who else is guesting in this ep.
Sostie
Attention all super geeks. This week's London Time Out comes out with 6 different Doctor Who covers.

You can get all 6 plus a poster here
Raven
I'm just reading the first reports that Liz Sladen has passed away from cancer . . . That is a huge shock.
Everlong
Was about to post this.

It was an actual genuine shock to me. RIP Lis sad.gif
gulfcoast_highwayman
I just can't believe it.
mcraigclark
Very sad news.
Raven
The BBC have confirmed it, and Elizabeth Sladen is now trending on Twitter.

Much like Nick Courtney earlier this year, a very popular person who will be missed by an awful lot of people.
Everlong
Tom Baker's tribute to Elisabeth Sladen.

And one from Matt Smith . (There's more too in the links below the article).

There's also going to be some sort of tribute to her on Saturday's episode, apparently, as there should be.
widowspider
QUOTE (Everlong @ Apr 20 2011, 10:24 AM) *
Tom Baker's tribute to Elisabeth Sladen.

And one from Matt Smith . (There's more too in the links below the article).

There's also going to be some sort of tribute to her on Saturday's episode, apparently, as there should be.

Lovely, dotty Tom Baker just made me sniffle. So sweet.
Raven
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 20 2011, 03:07 PM) *
Lovely, dotty Tom Baker just made me sniffle. So sweet.

Don't try reading the comments left by children on the Newsround web site then!
widowspider
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 20 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Don't try reading the comments left by children on the Newsround web site then!

I started to and had to stop!
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'm not even risking it. Watching Newsround made me sob again, as did Tom Baker's lovely tribute. The kids messages would set me off again.
Raven
They [Newsround] have had over 2,000 messages today, by all accounts the biggest response they've ever had to a news story.
Everlong
Piece of advice for today: don't look at the official BBC doctor who site until after you've seen the episode this evening.

I don't know if they've released images too early, but SPOILER MUCH.

Stupid BBC.
Raven
Thanks for the warning!
m0r1arty
Speculative post here...

The Beeb have posted 2 "...are real" videos up.

One on their site and one on their YouTube.

So, being bored and sitting in during some torrential tropical rain I've managed to see something and do a mock-up of the YouTube one for those us who wish to speculate.

Here it is here:

Click here as images are no longer spoiler'ed

It's probably all in my mind - but paradolia isn't necessarily insanity biggrin.gif!

Looking forward to seeing the gambit episode as soon as I can.

-m0r
monkeyman
Heh, the Easter island joke made me chuckle
Raven
Well that was a bit different!
NiteFall
I really, really enjoyed that. Properly creepy in places. Also really funny in others. Plus, Mark Sheppard which is always a bonus.
Everlong
Great stuff. Creepy, funny, and even sad in a couple of parts. Particularly awesome dialogue from Moffat.

Brilliant scene between River and Rory towards the end, when she was talking about hers and the doctor's timelines going in different directions.

W. Morgan Sheppard and Mark Sheppard appearing was top. Geektastic.

Gonna take a guess at the season's arc: The others preventing the Doctor's death?
maian
QUOTE (Everlong @ Apr 23 2011, 08:30 PM) *
Brilliant scene between River and Rory towards the end, when she was talking about hers and the doctor's timelines going in different directions.

That was a particular highlight for me, too.

I thought it was a very good first episode. It felt a bit looser and more scattered than Moffat is a lot of the time, with a lot of characters and plots in the air, but since it's only the first half of a story then it's only to be expected. It'll be interesting seeing what happens next week.
blackcherry
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 23 2011, 06:10 PM) *
Heh, the Easter island joke made me chuckle

Same here, I had to explain to someone why I found that funny! I like the knowing humour in the Matt Smith incarnation. It's not afraid to make some jokes for the older audience.
widowspider
Wow, that was quite a season opener. The aliens are a great invention, totally creepy. And I officially hate Mark Sheppard for having my dream acting career. He's in EVERY awesome sci-fi show, the bastard.

Very much looking forward to next week!
Julie
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 23 2011, 10:01 PM) *
Wow, that was quite a season opener. The aliens are a great invention, totally creepy.

Agreed!
Rebus
I won't speculate or disseminate but simply say that was thoroughly enjoyable, and that scene in the bathroom was pant-shittingly fantastic.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 24 2011, 03:01 AM) *
The aliens are a great invention, totally creepy.

What aliens?
m0r1arty
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Apr 24 2011, 02:05 PM) *
What aliens?

Remember that girl that blew up?....something to do with her... or what she'd eaten...or something...

All I know is that those were well looked after toilets considering what year it was.

-m0r
widowspider
QUOTE (Rebus @ Apr 24 2011, 12:30 PM) *
I won't speculate or disseminate but simply say that was thoroughly enjoyable, and that scene in the bathroom was pant-shittingly fantastic.

Well described. smile.gif
Rebus
There's a theory going round that the Silence (Silents?) were seen in Season 5. I don't know how convinced I am by some of these but if it does turn out to be true then Moffat is a cruel and scary genius. HERE.

Everlong
Blimey the Lodger + Eleventh Hour ones look more likely (Amy in the TARDIS + Rory in the hospital).

Amy really looks freaked out in the Eleventh Hour clip, it's very plausible! I just assumed she was overwhelmed by the TARDIS, but after seeing this, I'm convinced she saw a Silent/Silence.
Sostie
QUOTE (Rebus @ Apr 25 2011, 11:46 PM) *
There's a theory going round that the Silence (Silents?) were seen in Season 5. I don't know how convinced I am by some of these but if it does turn out to be true then Moffat is a cruel and scary genius. HERE.

I'm pretty sure that in his interview in Time Out Moffat said "the Silence returns" this series. He also said "a good man..a very good man" will die this season. Not sure if he was referring to the events of Ep 1.

Anyone see Karen Gillan on The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson on Friday. She was lovely and gorgeous n'all that, but was so hyper I thought she may have fallen into a pit of Colombian nose candy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.