Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
Everlong
Yup, and re them, apparently it's 'All of the designs' Wonder if that means the ones we got back in 60s/70s/80s

I think they're just putting these things out as they start filming. Recent flurry thanks to a convention and a new companion.

I enjoy the show, but don't want it to gear up already either, I doubt it will. Nothing on for months, people would get tired of it long before it's on.
Everlong
QUOTE (Everlong @ Mar 30 2012, 11:19 PM) *
Yup, and re them, apparently it's 'All of the designs' Wonder if that means the ones we got back in 60s/70s/80s

I got my answer... (Slightly spoilery)... https://twitter.com/#!/steven_moffat/st...1818112/photo/1
m0r1arty
I saw this and thought of you guys.

It's pretty sweet.

-m0r
Silky
Well now I want to play that.
Everlong
Ha, I like it.
gulfcoast_highwayman
The wedding dancing is my favourite.
Raven
Some news that may make some very happy; Karen Gillan is now on Twitter . . .
NiteFall
Possible August start for series 7.
Raven
I don't know where DoG are getting their info from, but the Christmas special is when we are supposed to meet the new companion, which implies we will be seeing new episodes at least five weeks before then so a Christmas air date was always unlikely (it also doesn't fit with the Autumn start date Moffat and Co have already stated).

The 25th August could well be the start date for more Who though, because that then allows the 13 episodes of the next series of Merlin to air in the run up to Christmas (assuming they air immediately after Who finishes as they did last year).
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'm on my holibobs on 25th August! They can't start then. Someone tel them to put it back a week.
Everlong
Glad we'll be seeing it early. I did think it all of series 7 would run all the way from November uninterrupted. Maybe Christmas onwards will be one long run.

If it's like the finale last year, I bet they'll air the Ponds' final episode the night the new series of Merlin launches. Big night for Beeb Sci Fi/fantasy programmes.

In other news, Gillan and Darvill filmed their last scenes as Amy and Rory yesterday. I guess they'll start filming the new Companion within a couple of weeks.
Everlong
Notoriously clumsy man trusted with big flame.

That's two Doctors in a row running with the flame wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Everlong @ May 26 2012, 04:57 PM) *
Notoriously clumsy man trusted with big flame.

That's two Doctors in a row running with the flame wink.gif

Aw. Just watched the video. Yay!
Raven
The first episode of series 7 has been confirmed as 'Asylum of the Daleks'.

More here.

25th August for a start date, anyone? (which will be just two months today!).
Raven
'Doctor Who' casts Dame Diana Rigg, Rachael Stirling.

Just a pity Gatiss is writing it, really (I've not been very taken with his recent Who and Sherlock offerings).
m0r1arty
Emma Peel, the original Amy Pond!

Yay!

-m0r
Raven
Matt Smith confirms what we have suspected for a while; Doctor Who will air in August.
NiteFall
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 12 2012, 10:12 PM) *

See? SEE? I fucking told you didn't I?! tongue.gif
Everlong
Apparently more episode names were confirmed at Comic Con...

Episode 2 - Dinosaurs On A Spaceship (Haha) By Chris Chibnall
Episode 3 - A Town Called Mercy by Toby Whithouse
Episode 4 - Cubes By Chris Chibnall
And the episode with Diana Rigg etc (don't know the number) is called The Crimson Horror (love that, old school) by Mark Gatiss.

Oh, and supposedly, fans have heard the Companions first name while watching them film. Apparently it's Clara which gives absolutely nothing away. Might be wrong of course.
Baz
Looks like the TV trailer will air in a few days. Not sure if it will be new or the ones that's been around for a while.
http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/07/dwn27...-confirmed.html
Raven
I think it is new, but I'm not sure.
Baz
Only a few days to wait till we find out.
Raven
Unless someone leaks it, like they did the Merlin trailer at the weekend.
Baz
New Doctor Who trailer and images. Looks pretty decent, I'm getting excited now!

Spoilers!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/artic...Last-Here-It-Is
Raven
Just seen that on BBC One; looks good!
Baz
Apparently tonight (midnight) the official site will announce a new cast member who is "iconic". Twitter is awash with who it might be and from what I've read people seem to think it will be Nathan Fillion which would be very interesting, but is he really iconic?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Baz @ Aug 5 2012, 07:29 PM) *
Apparently tonight (midnight) the official site will announce a new cast member who is "iconic". Twitter is awash with who it might be and from what I've read people seem to think it will be Nathan Fillion which would be very interesting, but is he really iconic?

In cult TV circles, hell yes!
Raven
Not that having Nathan Fillion in Doctor Who wouldn't be cool, but he is the go-to name when people start talking about guest casting (just look at any SFX wishlist where a male lead is required).

ETA:

Just seen the article on this on Digital Spy. I'm just kinda wondering if it could be Tom Baker? [/notachance]
Raven
So it is Richard E. Grant.

They had the read through for the Christmas episode last Friday, I'm guessing he is one of the cast for that.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I can only guess that since Tennant left, the show is falling short of the required amount of over-acting.

I don't mind though. I love Richard E. Grant.
Everlong
Why is his name in spoiler tags?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Everlong @ Aug 6 2012, 08:10 AM) *

Just in case someone wants to be surprised!
Llama
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 6 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Just in case someone wants to be surprised!

That's me, hello! *waves* I should stop coming into this thread really...
Raven
QUOTE (Everlong @ Aug 6 2012, 08:10 AM) *

What GH said, although it will probably be pointless given that it will probably be everywhere by the end of the day.
Baz
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 6 2012, 01:31 AM) *
So it is Richard E. Grant.

They had the read through for the Christmas episode last Friday, I'm guessing he is one of the cast for that.

Now all we need is Paul McGann to show up as the 8th Doctor for a bit of a reunion.
Raven
They would need to work Richard Griffiths in as well . . .
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 6 2012, 01:57 PM) *
They would need to work Richard Griffiths in as well . . .

Doctor, you terrible.....
Everlong
Mark Gatiss writing 'An Adventure In Space and Time' , a docudrama about the creation of Doctor Who. Will air on BBC Two, probably around the 50th anniversary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/artic...-Space-and-Time

If it's anything like 'The Road To Coronation Street', it should be good.
Everlong
Snippets from tonight's press screening, posted on Twitter...

Series 7 begins September 1st.

Episode 1-5 titles...

1. Asylum of the Daleks
2. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
3. A Town Called Mercy
4. The Power of Three
5. The Angels Take Manhattan

Matt Smith is Doctor until at least 2014 - Series 8 will be broadcast in 2013 and 2014. 2013 will have live events, the docudrama, other stuff for the big anniversary.
Raven
More information here.

No air date was reported according to the above report, but I would think the 25th would be too close now, surely? (having said that though, there is a 2 hour gap in the schedule according to the Radio Times website . . .).

A Doctor Who/Merlin double bill to go up against the X Factor perhaps?
Raven
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 14 2012, 11:56 PM) *
(having said that though, there is a 2 hour gap in the schedule according to the Radio Times website . . .).

For Pirates of the Caribbean. Nuts!
Raven
NY Screening for Asylum of the Daleks.

Go Widds!
Everlong
SAVE. THE. DALEKS!

Synopsis for Asylum of the Daleks;

Kidnapped by his oldest foe, the Doctor is forced on an impossible mission - to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter... the Asylum. A planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind, the Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. But with Amy and Rory's relationship in meltdown, and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it is up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond's marriage.
widowspider
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 16 2012, 10:36 AM) *

Predictably, I can't go. I'm working until 6pm. Lame.
Baz
Looks like it is September the 1st at 7:20 smile.gif

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-w...e-revealed.html

EDIT: And the american air date has been moved from the 8th Sept to the 1st as well, plus a new trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHEEZ_I74U&feature=share
Raven
Pond Life Part One.
Pond Life Part Two.

I like the Mata Hari joke in the first one.
NiteFall
Well. I rather enjoyed that. Also did anyone else notice the Heavy Weapons Dalek from the 7th Doctor story Remembrance of the Daleks in amongst the mothballed Daleks Rory accidentally wakes up?
lola

I enjoyed that too, but spent the whole episode thinking, hang on, is that not Jenna-Louise Coleman? I'm sure that's Jenna-Louise Coleman. Oh, it IS Jenna-Louise Coleman. Can't wait to see how that all works its way out

Raven
^ Yes, I was in that boat as well. I was pretty sure it was her from the off, but it wasn't until the credits ran that I was absolutely sure. Completely unexpected, what is the Moff up to?!

Otherwise, I thought it was yet another episode - in a long line of New Who Dalek episodes - that just had the Daleks there, but didn't do anything especially smart with them. Daleks are as thick as door posts these days. Original series Daleks used to plot and scheme, they used to manipulate situations to their own ends. Now we just get lots of dumb Daleks shouting exterminate . . .

*sigh*
Everlong
I thought they were really well done....

Doctor: "You find hatred beautiful"
Dalek Prime Minister: "Perhaps this is why we've never been able to kill you"

Daleks have been so overused so you can't really do much new with them, but they managed to do a little something new here. The conversions, the ones in the asylum, despite acting like basic drones, were creepy too. I mean, they turned dead humans into sort-of daleks.

Although, to me, the Daleks were the background of the story, not the big story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.