Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
KevinandNick
RTD won't cast anyone radically different - too much is riding on the show in terms of a general audience - we will never see another Doctor past the age of 45, which is a pity really, as I prefered the older Doctors.

Kev W
Sostie
Nesbitt woul be a great Doctor. If they wanted someone older I think Derek Jacobi would be fantastic, though that's not possible now.

Anthony Stewart Head or Kenneth Branagh would be interesting Doctors.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 31 2008, 11:17 AM)
Anthony Stewart Head

Probably not possible again, as he was a Krillitane, but then Colin Baker shot Davison's Doctor, so maybe...
Sostie
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 31 2008, 10:26 AM)
Probably not possible again, as he was a Krillitane,

Bugger. Forgot that.
Withnail
Watching The Transporter movies at the weekend made me recall the rumour that went round while back about Jason Statham getting the part. laugh.gif
Sostie
QUOTE (Withnail @ Mar 31 2008, 10:27 AM)
Watching The Transporter movies at the weekend made me recall the rumour that went round while back about Jason Statham getting the part.  laugh.gif

If only. But the new Brigadeer. There's a thought.
Starscream`s Ghost
Can he do posh?
Sostie
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 31 2008, 10:37 AM)
Can he do posh?

The military has changed over the years. Not a new actor playing the old Brigadeer. A brand new Brigadeer.
Drifter
Nesbitt was on some radio show the other week and said point blank he had no intentions of taking the role of Doctor Who.

Rhys Ifans gets my vote
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Sostie @ Mar 31 2008, 11:40 AM)
The military has changed over the years.  Not a new actor playing the old Brigadeer.  A brand new Brigadeer.

Brigadeers are usually posh, I've met a few.

And they're barmy.

Stath would be too good to be brass, he's more your Sgt Major type.
Hamish
Whatever, I don't want to know when a regeneration is happening and who the new Doctor is until it actually happens. I want it to be shocking.
Starscream`s Ghost
Good luck with being a hermit.
princess_shrek
I still think Stephen Fry would make an excellent Doctor.
PrincessKate
Adrian Lester or Kevin Macnally, although I see Lester probably being slightly too much in the genial, bouncy Tennant-mould. I'd definitely like to see someone someone less 'attractive', and a male companion with a regional accent.
Sostie
Whoever it is I'm sure RTD will get it right. He's stuck his neck out on a few casting decisions and they have all been inspired - who would have thought a "serious" actor like Eccleston or relative unknown like Tennant would make great Doctors, or even considered for the role. Or Billie Piper or Catherine Tate as assistants (and I have no doubt Tate will be great).
KevinandNick
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 31 2008, 12:14 PM)
...or Kevin Macnally...

What a great idea! I would have never thought of seeing him as the Doctor! I adore Macnally (he actually appeared in the original Doctor Who, btw...) and he would make a wonderful 11th Doctor. smile.gif

Shame he falls outside of the early 30s - early 40s age bracket. sad.gif

Kev W
Sostie
Giving it a little thought. David Thewlis would be a great Doctor.
Zoe
I'm not sure my loins could take it. I've been struggling enough with how sexy this Doctor is.

I fupping love Thewlis.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 31 2008, 03:46 PM)
I fupping love Thewlis.

Me too. He'd make an excellent Doctor.
Sostie
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 31 2008, 03:00 PM)
Me too. He'd make an excellent Doctor.

Expecially if he was in his Naked persona. Imagine The Doctor telling a Cyberman how pointless his existence is or quoting doom laden biblical passages at Daleks.
Starscream`s Ghost
Colin Baker wasn't far off.
Everlong
Originally i thought the idea of Nesbitt being the doctor was a bit Iffy, even though i'm a fan of his.

But now, despite the fact he's said no, i'd like it to be him. He has a fantastic range and has the right bounciness for the doctor.
princess_shrek
I have to go and find an article written by someone whose surname is "Saxon-Harrold". Made me snigger in a library smile.gif
mousespider
I'd still Mark Heap take the role. He would be great at bringing out the strange alieness of the Doctor.
Raven
QUOTE (mousespider @ Mar 31 2008, 09:14 PM)
I'd still Mark Heap take the role.  He would be great at bringing out the strange alieness of the Doctor.

He would make a better guest star, as a suitable creepy Victorian perhaps?

Four different covers on the Radio Times this week . . .
princess_shrek
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 31 2008, 10:42 PM)
Four different covers on the Radio Times this week . . .

The stars are coming out ... Take That are appearing as aliens on Dr Who? laugh.gif
Cici_Rose
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 31 2008, 10:46 AM)
I'm not sure my loins could take it. I've been struggling enough with how sexy this Doctor is.

I fupping love Thewlis.

So do I! He'd be a great Doctor!

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about who should be the next Doctor and she said Dylan Moran laugh.gif

I'm actually not sure how I feel about that huh.gif
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 31 2008, 03:46 PM)
I fupping love Thewlis.

Did you see him in Dinotopia?
Withnail
Julian Rhind-Tutt
Chiwetel Ejiofor
James Callis
James Corden
David Mitchell

Four of these are serious suggestions! wink.gif
Drifter
QUOTE (Withnail @ Apr 1 2008, 10:05 AM)
Julian Rhind-Tutt
Chiwetel Ejiofor
James Callis
James Corden
David Mitchell

Four of these are serious suggestions!  wink.gif

John Simm wouldve been perfect
Withnail
Dr Who April Fool Story (I hope!)

http://www.nme.com/news/amy-winehouse/35547

huh.gif
Zoe
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 1 2008, 12:32 AM)
Did you see him in Dinotopia?

As if I'd watch something called 'Dinotopia'.

QUOTE (Withnail @ Apr 1 2008, 10:05 AM)
Chiwetel Ejiofor

No, no, no, to all the others, but yes, yes, yes to Chewie.

He is an extraordinarily good actor (and a complete hottie), possibly the best Brit working (him or Paddy). Unfortunately, I think the chances of getting him would be extremely slim. He's a bonifide movie star, in a critical and commercial sense.

It's a shame though, as it'd be a good choice all round, the BBC could play the whole 'first black Doctor' angle and we could just sit back and enjoy it.
Raven
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 1 2008, 11:06 AM)
As if I'd watch something called 'Dinotopia'.

Thewlis is in it . . . (he's very good too!).
Sostie
Ian Hart I once thought would be good.

Along with Thewlis a dream choice would be Gary Oldman.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 1 2008, 11:23 AM)
Ian Hart I once thought would be good. 

Along with Thewlis a dream choice would be Gary Oldman.

Hart always plays a bit wet for me.

Oldman would be awesome. Depp wouldn't do a bad job, either.
Hamish
So anyone else want to know the episode titles?

1) Partners in Crime
2) Fires of Pompeii
3) Planet of the Ood
4) The Sontaran Stratagem
5) The Poison Sky
6) The Doctor's Daughter
7) The Unicorn and the Wasp
8) Silence in the Library
9) River's Run
10) Midnight
11) Turn Left
12) [TBC] - Apparently very spoilery
13) Journey's End
Withnail
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 1 2008, 10:06 AM)
It's a shame though, as it'd be a good choice all round, the BBC could play the whole 'first black Doctor' angle and we could just sit back and enjoy it.

Doesn't Lenny Henry count then? huh.gif

wink.gif
Sostie
Am I right in saying that Doctor Who lore has it that there is a limited number of re-generations?

If so, maybe they can get round this by having a de-generation - have one of the Bakers, McCoy, Davidson, Eccleston or McGann back for a season.

Or maybe not.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 1 2008, 11:39 AM)
Am I right in saying that Doctor Who lore has it that there is a limited number of re-generations?

12 regenerations, 13 bodies.

The Doctor may be a special case, it's been hinted at before.
Withnail
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 1 2008, 10:41 AM)
12 regenerations, 13 bodies.

The Master was offered a new set of regenerations by the Time Lords in 'The Five Doctors' so its possible to get more (this was before Gallifrey bit the dust of course).
Starscream`s Ghost
Well, that's true, but it's also been said that the Doctor has infinite regenerative capapbility.

Otherwise known as a 'plot device'.
Raven
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 1 2008, 11:41 AM)

Mainly by BBC executives . . . tongue.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 1 2008, 11:46 AM)
Mainly by BBC executives . . . tongue.gif

See above.

wink.gif
Baz
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 1 2008, 10:39 AM)

If so, maybe they can get round this by having a de-generation - have one of the Bakers, McCoy, Davidson, Eccleston or McGann back for a season.

Or maybe not.

It would be nice to see McGann get another crack at the whip at playing the Doctor on screen, rather than in audio.
Cici_Rose
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 1 2008, 06:28 AM)
Depp wouldn't do a bad job, either.

Now that I would do anything to be able to see happen!
Sostie
An American! As Doctor Who! Perish the thought.
Starscream`s Ghost
He's barely American these days.
Zoe
No he's French, i.e. much, much worse
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 1 2008, 10:39 AM)

There has been a LOT of speculation about having McGann back in some capacity. This would be good because he gave a great performance in his only televisual adventure and having him back for one of the specials next year would go some way towards "justifying" the Eighth Doctor.

Kev W
Starscream`s Ghost
How charming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.