Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doctor Who IV
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Raven @ Dec 14 2007, 06:56 PM)
Tennant, Simm, Kylie and the TARDIS were apparently all at the recording of Jool Holland's Hootenanny last night.

Thanks for ruining the magic, Raven. wink.gif

Although it's not something I'd ever really thought about, I always assumed it was a live show.
Raven
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Dec 14 2007, 06:59 PM)
Thanks for ruining the magic, Raven. wink.gif

Although it's not something I'd ever really thought about, I always assumed it was a live show.

'snot my fault you're gullible! tongue.gif
Raven
New Trailer for Voyage of the Damned.
m0r1arty
And here's the Beebs YouTube version of said trailer for those, like me, who can't get the Beebs site to show it.

-m0r
curtinparloe
Just saw that.

My sister said "that bit on the gantry where he fell looked rubbish." She has a point.
Baz
looks like tennent and Tate will both be leaving at the end of series 4. The story is on the BBC new site but I can't link to it as I'm on my iPhone.
Julie
QUOTE (Baz @ Dec 15 2007, 03:16 PM)
looks like tennent and Tate will both be leaving at the end of series 4. The story is on the BBC new site but I can't link to it as I'm on my iPhone.

There you go.
mousespider
I thought Tennant was signed to do the three specials in 2008? I suppose in the article Tate only says it could be his last series.
Drifter
Donna and Rose meet, secret filming, probably get deleted at some point...no audio just film.

DONNA MEETS ROSE
Svein
Hmmm... interesting...

I'm still a little unsure about Catherine Tate. But the Xmas special's looking pretty cool!
Zoe
After seeing her on 'The X-Factor' last night (dressed like Cher), I am remembering how much I dislike la Minogue. This, combined with the slightly romantic bent all the long lingering glances give the trailers, worries me a bit.

My only consolations are, it can't be as bad as her duet with Leon last night (that made me sick in my mouth) and that by 6:50pm on Christmas Day I should be pretty drunk.

In other news, I'd much rather this was number one instead of Leon.

I prefer the fan made video that implies the song is about Billie instead of Kylie.

It's going right on my party mix tape.
AusChick
QUOTE (Zoe @ Dec 16 2007, 12:38 PM)
In other news, I'd much rather this was number one instead of Leon.

Yes but who wants to explain to them that Cassandra and the Face of Bo are not the same character.
Have they even watched the show?
Zoe
I don't think they care.
Raven
Another Trailer - is that the sound of knives being sharpened?
NiteFall
A source told The Sun

Or to put it another way- "We thought this would make a good story over our liquid lunch and we have fuck all evidence to actually back it up but we'll publish it anyway.
AusChick
QUOTE (Zoe @ Dec 18 2007, 11:29 PM)

Cool!

Although, Joanna Lumley already played the Doctor in a one off special.
Just to be finicky about it.
Wife Of Rolex
Saw a tiny new little snippet from Voyage Of the Damned this morning. It was just two lines of The Doctor and Astrid having a little saucy banter.

Cheeky.
Zoe
QUOTE (Baz @ Dec 15 2007, 07:16 PM)

He's not going anywhere

At least not until after the 2009 specials.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Zoe @ Dec 19 2007, 11:27 AM)
He's not going anywhere

When you say it like that, it makes it sound likes it by your command, Zoe.

(and turns me on, just a little wink.gif )
Drifter
'Doctor Who' role for Davison daughter

KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY

&

'Sarah Jane' future uncertain, says Davies

SARAH JANE
Svein
Is it me, or does the"heavenly host" remind you of the Robots of Death from the Baker era?
Raven
QUOTE (Svein @ Dec 20 2007, 02:57 PM)
Is it me, or does the"heavenly host" remind you of the Robots of Death from the Baker era?

They look more like Axons to me, but I don't believe they are either (I personally rekon they are the latest incarnation of the Santa robots from the previous Christmas specials).
princess_shrek
QUOTE (Zoe @ Dec 19 2007, 11:27 AM)
He's not going anywhere

I just love his comment: "I said to her on Monday morning did you know you've caused a minor diplomatic incident? She was completely oblivious that the phone had been ringing off the hook."
Raven
'Doctor Who' slammed by Christian groups - Warning! Contains a spoiler (though an obvious one) from Voyage of the Damned.

It's one of those "you can't really comment until I've seen it" type articles . . .
lola
Have to say, they could have said the same thing about the Last of the Timelords.

Of course, knowing how much attention I pay to things they probably did
Svein
But group Christian Voice insisted that the Doctor is nothing like a Messiah. Director of the organisation, Stephen Green, said: "The Doctor would have to do a lot more than the usual prancing around to be a messiah. He has to save people from their sins."

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a while... I love these Christian nutjobs... they make life so much more entertaining!
Zoe
But group Christian Voice insisted that the Doctor is nothing like a Messiah.

... he's a very naughty boy.

I am sorry.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Raven @ Dec 21 2007, 01:04 PM)
'Doctor Who' slammed by Christian groups - Warning! Contains a spoiler (though an obvious one) from Voyage of the Damned.

It's one of those "you can't really comment until I've seen it" type articles . . .

Bloody hell. They'll be saying christmas should be about Jesus next.
curtinparloe
Well, I watched the Christmas special last night, and I thought it was good, if a bit hit-and-miss.

I liked the whole Poseidon Adventure vibe, although I thought the end was a bit rubbish.

Man, he's getting through a lot of assistants, it must be a nightmare for insurance...
Raven
Utter rubbish, I'm now firmly back in the "Russell Davis is the worst thing to happen to Doctor Who" camp - at least writing wise.

I can't work out if killing off Kylie on Christmas Day was an ironic twist or not . . .
Wife Of Rolex
I liked it. Thought it was the best christmas special to date. And I thought the way they described Astrid becoming stardust and becoming part of the night sky made the 'In memory of Verity Lambert' message at the end all the more poignant.

Kylie was fine and, sure there was the odd silly bit here and there, but overall I'd say it was a fun bit of christmas evening entertainment.
Raven
I prefer The Christmas Invasion, although it's not perfect itself, the story was better.

I'm glad they gave Vertity Lambert a nod, but I wish they'd done it with something more worthy . . .
widowspider
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Dec 26 2007, 03:08 PM)
I liked it. Thought it was the best christmas special to date. And I thought the way they described Astrid becoming stardust and becoming part of the night sky made the 'In memory of Verity Lambert' message at the end all the more poignant.

Kylie was fine and, sure there was the odd silly bit here and there, but overall I'd say it was a fun bit of christmas evening entertainment.

Same here - I thought that was a very touching and fitting way to give her a tribute and it was a fun episode. I'd have preferred Astrid to be the new assistant, rather than Donna.
Ade
Re: The Voyage Of The Damned.

It was a bit shit, wasn't it?

Flanked 'fore and aft by the domestic horrors of EastEnders, it was a great Christmas Day's viewing. And then Catherine Tate happened.

Someone shoot me now, please.
Jessopjessopjessop
I thought the special was better than any RTD episode I've seen - probably because I was so glad Billie Piper wasn't in it - but it was still awful. There is no logic to Doctor Who science, everything is horribly convenient, Tennant is a gurning fool, and the script is embarrassingly cliched and cheesy. The fact it's a 'British Institution' now is no excuse. I'm ashamed to be British if this is the best we can do.
Ade
Yes. That's what I meant to say. Bang on.
Wife Of Rolex
It wasn't that bad.
Ade
I beg to differ.

But then I'm not a DW fan.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 26 2007, 06:14 PM)
I beg to differ.

But then I'm not a DW fan.

So do I.

But then I do like Robin Hood.

wink.gif
maian
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Dec 26 2007, 05:40 PM)
I'm ashamed to be British if this is the best we can do.

Whilst the special most certainly was not the best that we have to offer, Lord knows it wasn't, Doctor Who has its moments of genius. Watch the episode ''Blink'' from the last series, written by the very talented David Moffat, who has written several of the great episodes of the modern incarnation of Who, and you'll see how good the show can be.

I thought the special was pretty poor, to be honest. It went from enjoyable fluff to shockingly bad several times and as a result was much too patchy for me to enjoy; every decent joke or idea was immediately followed by some shit about a cyborg dwarf, or something equally moronic.
Svein
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Dec 26 2007, 07:16 PM)
So do I.

But then I do like Robin Hood.

wink.gif

I'm in your camp... Maybe we're just simple folk who all they ask is that their TV shows are entertaining and that's all.

I thought it was great. I like the Poseidon adventure feel and that the snotty git didn't die. Made the line about choosing who lives or dies poignant. Thoroughly entertaining tele...
AusChick
Just watched it.

I enjoyed it.
It was very silly, maybe even stupid - but lordy was it fun! biggrin.gif
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (maian @ Dec 27 2007, 12:16 AM)
the very talented David Moffat, who has written several of the great episodes of the modern incarnation of Who, and you'll see how good the show can be.

Apologies for being pedantic but it's Steven Moffat...

Why didn't Kylie just jump out of the fork lift truck? It was going at around five miles an hour.
maian
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Dec 27 2007, 12:39 PM)
Apologies for being pedantic but it's Steven Moffat...

Why didn't Kylie just jump out of the fork lift truck? It was going at around five miles an hour.

How the hell did I get that wrong? Your pedantry is very well warranted. Deary me...

I thought that as well. They could have at least give Max an arm or something to grab her with so that she could have legitimately been dragged down.
Ingram
I thought it was as simple as she couldn't take her foot off the accelerator until it was too late to jump out. But, let's be honest, as soon as Kylie agreed to be a companion she was going to die before the end of the episode.
Svein
I would imagine so that Tennant has his first "companian" that he's not been able to save... Plot device for next season...

I, for one, will give Catherine Tate a chance... After all, a lot of people turned their nose up at Billie Piper, and you never know, she might be able to shake the skitshow moniker... And she wasn't *that* bad in last years special...

What I'm wondering is who the big villain will be this year... We've had Daleks, Cybermen and The Master...

My money is on EITHER one of the following 3 (in order)

1) Sontarans
2) The Rani
3) Borusa
4) Omega
maian
QUOTE (Ingram @ Dec 27 2007, 12:52 PM)
I thought it was as simple as she couldn't take her foot off the accelerator until it was too late to jump out.  But, let's be honest, as soon as Kylie agreed to be a companion she was going to die before the end of the episode.

But once she lifted him up she could have just let the momentum of the thing carry him over the edge, leaping out at the last second and, at the very least, grabbed hold of something, had a teary goodbye with the Doctor and then fallen down.
m0r1arty
Chateauneuf Du Pape!

What a pile of bollocks that was.

That's all I have to say about that.

-m0r
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.