Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deadpool II: The Final Curtain Call
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Chapman Baxter
Patrick McGoohan has escaped the Village at last.
Starscream`s Ghost
sad.gif
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'm typing through tears here.

RIP to Patrick McGoohan, you were my childhood hero.

I'm going to watch 'Fallout' tonight.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Jan 14 2009, 09:11 AM) *

Nooooooo!

80, well he had a good long run. But still.... *blubber*
grumpygit
It's been a sad week. sad.gif
princess_shrek
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Jan 14 2009, 06:57 PM) *
It's been a sad week. sad.gif

Hasn't it just? sad.gif
widowspider
That is a huge loss. I adored the Prisoner and he was a wonderful actor. He had a good innings though.
mousespider
Ricardo Montalban sad.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
The. FUCK. mad.gif
logger
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Jan 14 2009, 05:11 PM) *

Absolutely gutted.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (mousespider @ Jan 14 2009, 01:47 PM) *

Blaaahdy fate should realize how rude it is to axe two geek icons in one day. You can have Number Six OR Khan, Grim Reaper, you can't have both!

Meh. sad.gif
Ade
Jesus. What a lousy week. sad.gif
maian
Ouch. That's a tough week for childhood icons.
ayeyerma
KAAAHHHHHNNNN! sad.gif
Rebus
Khan and Number Six in one week! I knew this week was going to be crap but I wasn't prepared for that. McGoohan especially, I only just finished showing The Prisoner to a friend for the first time, I was brought up on that show. Very upsetting. I'll be glad when this week's over.
melzilla
Very sad newses.
Bloomeeney
Somehow missed both of these. Very sad news indeed sad.gif
KevinandNick
It was not a complete shock to read of the passing of Ricardo Montalban, as he had been in poor health lately and confined to a wheelchair because of a back injury, but it has still knocked me for a loop.

Sr. M's portrayal of Khan set the standard for Star Trek movie villians and none of those who followed him were able to match the intensity and passion that he put into Khan Noonian Singh.

Other than Khan, he was most famous for playing Mr Rourke in Fantasy Island, and many will always associate him with a white suit, but for me, he'll forever be remembered as the genetically-superior tyrant (as the trailer for The Wrath of Khan described him!).

It is interesting to note that the two different performances he gave in Space Seed and the Wrath of Khan mirror his two contrasting portrayals of his character (Armando) in the two Planet of the Apes movies; the first appearances have Khan and Armando as charismatic and charming, but when you see the later appearances, both characters have been ravaged by the intervening years, Khan bitter & twisted and Armando downtrodden and weary.

The bottom line is, he was a great charismatic actor who was by all accounts a thoroughy nice guy and was tremendously blunt about his own success as an actor - I will leave you with his own wise quote about the fickle nature of fame in Hollywood...

"Who is Ricardo Montalban?"

"Get me Ricardo Montalban!"

"Get me a Ricardo Montalban type!"

"Get me a younger Ricardo Montalban!"

"Who is Ricardo Montalban?"

God speed, Sr M! smile.gif

Kev W
Chapman Baxter
Sir John Mortimer
sleeping_pirate
Tony Hart

Such a talented and sweet guy.
Llama
Aw man, that's so sad sad.gif Morph was one of my favourite programmes when I was a kid.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Jan 18 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Tony Hart

From a quieter and more thoughtful time for kids TV. RIP Tony. And your legendary cravat.
NiteFall
I'll be honest, I thought he'd died years ago. Still sad though.
Starscream`s Ghost
Tony Hart

Really sad, the man was a bit of an icon.
Rebus
I'm so glad such a peaceful man died so peacefully. He is the reason I got into art, very sadly missed. Another name to add to the recent list of passing legends.
grumpygit
Sad to hear about Tony Hart.
widowspider
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Jan 18 2009, 12:12 PM) *
Tony Hart

Very sad news. I adored all his shows growing up, he really inspired me to enjoy art and not be afraid of it. He will be missed by many.
Jon 79
Tony Hart

I'm gutted to hear this news. He was great.
You'll not believe this, but I was just thinking about him yesterday.
KevinandNick
Sad indeed about Tony Hart - Nick & I used to watch Take Hart all the time during our younger years.

Nick rather tastelessly said that Mr H was now going to be using post-mortem paint...

Still, he was the only man who could make a cravat look good during the eighties.

Kev W
Raven
Bob May - the man inside the Robot suit in Lost in Space.
widowspider
I was just watching some YouTube tributes to Tony Hart, and someone had the whole theme tune to 'Hartbeat' up there. It actually made me a bit teary - I adored that show as a kid and always wanted to get a picture up on the wall. He was such a wonderful teacher.
Ade
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jan 19 2009, 08:32 PM) *
I was just watching some YouTube tributes to Tony Hart, and someone had the whole theme tune to 'Hartbeat' up there. It actually made me a bit teary - I adored that show as a kid and always wanted to get a picture up on the wall. He was such a wonderful teacher.

That he was. I always watched Take Hart and Hartbeat, and I'm sure I did catch a few repeated episodes of his 60's era show Vision On too - all top notch. He had a wonderfully natural, gentle manner with his fellow actors/presenters as well as with the camera/audience. Such a great loss.

He's browsing the big Gallery in the sky now... God bless ya, Tony!
Sostie
John Updike
Rebus
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 28 2009, 07:51 PM) *

Very sad, Rabbit, Run, is fantastic.
Hobbes
I'll always remember his Simpsons guest bit fondly.

Shut up Updike!
Drifter
Kim Manners

Producer & Director of over 160 X Files episodes.
Sostie
John Martyn
maian
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 28 2009, 09:51 AM) *

I've been meaning to check out his work for years. Sad that it's his death that has reminded me.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 29 2009, 02:05 PM) *

That's a bit of a shock.
grumpygit
Sharat Sardana
Goodness Gracious Me writer
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Jan 31 2009, 03:30 PM) *
Sharat Sardana
Goodness Gracious Me writer

That's very sad, he was obviously a very gifted writer.
thirtyhelens
Lux Interior of The Cramps dead at 60

Fuck. sad.gif
logger
That's a shame. Hopefully there will be a bit of a Cramps revival.
melzilla
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 5 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Aww. Sad.
Sostie

Gutted. Probably one of the best frontmen I ever had the privilege to see on stage. Even in his later years he was out shining boys a fraction of his age. Heaven won't know what hit it.
Rua

Aw man. That really sucks.
Sostie
I phoned my brother this morning - I took him to his first Cramps gig - and we both got a little upset by the news. It's a bit silly I know, but The Cramps, and Lux, were, well, special.
Rua
Between this & Asheton. I dunno'. It just sucks.
KevinandNick
Nick & I have been knocked for six by the new of Lux' death.

Ivy must be devastated. RIP, king of the garbagemen.

Kev & Nick
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 5 2009, 03:15 AM) *
I phoned my brother this morning - I took him to his first Cramps gig - and we both got a little upset by the news. It's a bit silly I know, but The Cramps, and Lux, were, well, special.

Fully justified. The LA punk scene is in serious mourning at the moment (We sort of adopted them, since they moved here in the 80's.) Indeed, spare a thought for Ivy, poor gal. sad.gif (37 years they were together... damn!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.