Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deadpool II: The Final Curtain Call
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
sleeping_pirate
Poor Jeremy Beadle sad.gif
sofa
Not a big fan, but thoughts go to his family.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I'm amazed how much unheralded work he did for charidee.

Beadle was a great TV personality, even though I despised some of his shows.

Any man who can become lazy journo shorthand for 'Most annoying person on TV' has to be doing something right.
Rebus
Learning of his death made me exhale audibly, which doesn't happen with many celebrities' deaths.
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (Rebus @ Jan 30 2008, 09:44 PM)
Learning of his death made me exhale audibly, which doesn't happen with many celebrities' deaths.

I inhale when surprised...? Which one of us is mental?

I am, like lots of others it seems, surprisingly sad about this one.
Atara
Sad news.
Ade
Great shame indeed.
Starscream`s Ghost
Agreed. But I can't help thinking that he might appear dressed as a Chief Constable at some point...
Jon 79
Sad to hear that Beadle's gone.
To be honest, I think this has come as more of a shock than Heath Ledger.
I guess that's cos Jeremy's a bit more closer to home, ...and a more familiar face to me.
Zoe
It's weird that anyone's obituary should describe them as a 'prankster'.

I have hundreds of small hand jokes running through my head in tribute to the man.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 31 2008, 12:00 AM)
I have hundreds of small hand jokes running through my head in tribute to the man.

I spent all afternoon joking that I have 'Beadle' hands, only to come home and find out that he'd died. I felt quite guilty.
Kick in the Head
While his shows may not exactly have been high art, I enjoyed them immensely as a child, and he was always an endearing and likeable host. Sad to see him go.
logger
Lets all have a big hand for Jeremy Beadle.

It's what he would have wanted.
widowspider
I was sad to hear he had died, at a relatively young age to go of pneumonia. Thoughts are with his family.
AusChick
Sad news indeed.
Shack
Came as quite a shock about Beadle dying. I had just got to the radio station when the news broke.

Been hearing stacks about his fantastic charity work today, what an absolutely top top bloke he was. Hope he gets remembered for that as well as people getting stitched up.

That said, I did see a clip on the news this morning where he'd set this woman up to hold a gorillas cage shut while the zookeeper went to get a bolt, only for the "gorilla" to "wake up" and start trying to escape. She nearly shat herself. It was very funny.
melzilla
Just posted this in news thread. I'm so behind the times.
Raven
Miles Kington, which is a pity, I liked his work.
Rua
QUOTE (melzilla @ Jan 31 2008, 10:44 AM)
Just posted this in news thread. I'm so behind the times.

I only heard myself.

Beadle is no longer about. It's actually quite sad.
Jon 79
It's just occurred to me: If it wasn't for Jeremy Beadle, we might not be here.
Jeremy gave Edgar his first break in television... as a researcher/production assistant on Hotshots.

Ok, maybe Edgar could have got where he is today without Jeremy Beadle. ...but I guess we'll never know.
curtinparloe
He raised £100million for charity, that's just mental.
His agent talked about him being one of the pioneers of reality television, but in the shop I saw the Sun headline: Beadle's Not About. King of Pranks Dies.

I know which I'd rather be remembered for.
Omniscia
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 31 2008, 11:25 AM)
I know which I'd rather be remembered for.

Why not do both? Write out a cheque for £100 million to Oxfam, or whomever, in disappearing ink.
Ade
QUOTE (Rua @ Jan 31 2008, 11:30 AM)
Beadle is no longer about. It's actually quite sad.

It really is.

I grew up with Game For A Laugh and Beadle's About. You've Been Framed never seemed the same after he left as the host. It's a shame he got tarred with the 'annoying prankster' brush - I was always of the impression he was a genuinely nice bloke, and a thoroughly likeable, affable TV host. Bloody good on him for his charity work too - what a star.

He will be fondly remembered.
rabbit57i
Oops...
Zoe
That's actually quite a good joke, for that show.

Nowt offensive there.
rabbit57i
Margaret Truman
Zoe
Entertainment Tonight have apparently decided not to show the shocking 'Heath Ledger drugs video', out of respect...

They had already trailed it and showed Ledger at a party saying this:

"I used to smoke five joints a day for 20 years."

By failing to show the full video, the neglected to show what he said next:

"and that's why I got this tattoo [an M, for daughter Matilda] to remind me never to smoke weed again."

Absolutely disgraceful. More than that apparently the only reason they decided not to show the video was because so many celebrities said they'd stop giving them any future access if they did.

As to US Weekly's cover story about Michelle Williams driving Ledger to rehab and trying to force him to check in:

Mara Buxbaum, who was also Ledger's rep, just issued the following statement on Michelle's behalf:

"Much of the tabloid reporting is inaccurate. This fabricated story of Michelle Williams attempting to bring Heath Ledger to rehab is just one lie among many. The speculation is heinous. Let this family grieve privately."

Some days the media just makes you want to vomit.
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2008, 10:58 AM)

Didn't take them long to decide that enough time had passed for them to start muck-raking in earnest. Despicable.
Ghost_862

The media will only have run that story because some asshole close to Ledger or his family gave them the information.

I don't think they'd run a story that libelous without some sort of source.

Furthermore, just because Michelle Williams says it didn't happen, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It might just mean she thinks nobody can prove it did happen.

By failing to show the full video, the neglected to show what he said next:

"and that's why I got this tattoo [an M, for daughter Matilda] to remind me never to smoke weed again."

Absolutely disgraceful.

That said, he was still in attendence at a Hollywood drugs party and it wasn't weed those people were snorting off the table behind him.

I would like to believe, though, that Ledger did clean himself up after he had his daughter. As far as we all know there was no evidence connecting his death to the use of illegal substances.
lola
Plus, he was only 28, for what he said to actually be true, he'd have had to have started smoking 5 joints a day before he was 8!
Zoe
QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Feb 1 2008, 01:28 PM)
Hollywood drugs party†

Tee hee.

Sounds like fun!

Lots of people in their twenties go to parties where there are drugs. It doesn't mean they're smackheads or are going to kill themselves.

The point is, he doesn't take drugs in the video, and that's what's been heavily implied by the media. Now it's been hushed up that's what everyone will presume.

So what if people are doing coke nearby, people are doing coke everywhere.

And no, I can't not not prove that Michelle Williams didn't bundle him into rehab, but I am more than inclined to believe her.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 1 2008, 02:53 PM)
Lots of people in their twenties go to parties where there are drugs. It doesn't mean they're smackheads or are going to kill themselves.

Exactly, I go to parties with friends who smoke weed all night and do lines of coke. It doesn't mean that I'm doing it too.

There have been some shockingly sick stories about lately. I feel so sorry for Heath's loved ones having to deal with all this bullshit.
Atara
If my mates were snorting coke in the same room as me I'd kick the shit out of them.

Suppose it is a bit different to someone who has lost a few friends because snorting coke/taking ecstasy/etc etc was a 'cool' thing to do at a party

At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter what the hell he did now, he is dead. I a sure his family, the ones who matter, will have enough to get through without paying attention to the bullshit media.
Withnail
RIP Barry Morse

June 10, 1918 - February 2, 2008

The original Gerard from the Fugitive and Professor Bergman from Space:1999 has died. sad.gif
Raven
QUOTE (Withnail @ Feb 4 2008, 08:44 AM)
RIP Barry Morse

That's disturbing, I was only watching Space 1999 on Saturday afternoon, and wondering how old he must be now . . .
curtinparloe
RIP Barry Morse

The original Gerard from the Fugitive and Professor Bergman from Space:1999 has died.  sad.gif

Wow, I never imagined he'd still be alive. 'Tis a shame he's gone.
Svein
Tata Guines
Ghost_862
RIP Barry Morse

The original Gerard from the Fugitive and Professor Bergman from Space:1999 has died.  sad.gif

I read that, initially, as Barrymore tongue.gif
Omniscia
The Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
Raven
RIP Barry Morse

BBC article.
Zoe
Heath Ledger died of accidental overdose

Hopefully people will stop saying he was a drug addict, who killed himself, now. If only for his daughter's sake. She'll have to read this poisonous shit one day.
ipse dixit
Quite a combo, though - oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam (Valium), temazepam, alprazolam (Xanax), and doxylamine. And on top of a respiratory illness, apparently.

Poor, poor, silly boy.
Zoe
I guess he just lost track of what he'd taken, it's a tragic accident.

Statement from his parents:

We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today's results put an end to speculation, but our son's beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography.
logger
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Feb 6 2008, 05:16 AM)

I'm surprised he was still alive.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Michelle Williams' statement)
"My heart is broken," Williams said in a statement issued last week via her publicist. "I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up in the best memories of him."
Sostie
QUOTE (logger @ Dec 30 2007, 11:29 PM)
Radio DJ Kevin Greening. He wasn't a huge celebrity but it's a surprise as he was so young.

Someone sent me this from The Sun (I know, not the most reliable source), but it all seems a long way off from dying "peacefully in his sleep".

EX-RADIO 1 DJ Kevin Greening died after being hung upside down in a studded bondage harness, The Sun can reveal.
Greening 44, was said to have died peacefully in his sleep in a statement issued by his agent.
But shocking pictures from the scene at a flat in Battersea, South West London, will be shown at his inquest later this year.
Sources said medics found his naked body in a bedroom converted into an S&M dungeon containing a leather harness, knee-high boots and a scaffolding structure from which hung meat-hooks and chains.
They also found rolls of black industrial tape, S&M boxing gloves and nipple clamps.
A man is on bail after tests showed Greening may have taken a cocktail of drugs.
Zoe
AFTER a tragic, tear-stained day of reflection and regret, Heath Ledger's wake turned into the sort of party he would have loved. As the sun began to set, about 200 mourners swept out of the restaurant on Perth's Cottesloe Beach - where the function was being held - tore off their clothes and ran, cheering and laughing, into the ocean.

Crumpled suits and formal dresses littered the sand as friends and family members linked arms and splashed about in their underwear.

Julie
That's absolutely beautiful.
widowspider
That is so wonderful. All wakes should involve laughter and joy.
Zoe
It feels strange to have access to such a private moments, but they are extraordinary images.

They're really uplifting. A beautiful celebration of someone's life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.