Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Birds Eye View - Comedy Film Gala
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
CazBag
Jess will be appearing as a special guest at the Birds Eye View's Comedy Film Gala at the BFI SOUTHBANK NFT 1 on Sunday 9th March from 6:45 - 8:30PM.

Quoted from the Birds Eye Gala:

Hosted by acclaimed comedienne Jo Brand, with special guests including Shazia Mirza and Jessica Hynes (née Stevenson), plus live music from leading jazz musicians Nikki Yeoh and Serafina Steer, this special event launches Birds Eye View's hunt for new female comedy filmmaking talent in the UK.

A selection of side-splitting shorts includes riotous early comedies directed by Gaumont pioneer Alice Guy (L’Hiérarchie dans l’amour; Madame à des envies; Le Frotteur). Mabel Normand, one of cinema’s first superstars, plays a bandit in Should Men Walk Home?, while the glorious child star Baby Peggy goes undercover to get the perfect scoop in The Kid Reporter, and rubber-faced Florence Turner excels as star and director of Daisy Doodad’s Dial.

Nikki Yeoh is a London-born jazz pianist, keyboardist and composer. She has worked with Courtney Pine, Neneh Cherry, Jools Holland, The Roots, Phillip Bent, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Chante Moore and Steve Williamson, among others.

Serafina Steer plays harps keyboards and vocals. She is a classically trained musician from London who has focused on songwriting and production. Her debut album `cheap demo bad science` Â came out last year. Public Spirited EP will come out in April to coincide with her first Japanese tour.

TO BOOK TICKETS PHONE BFI SOUTHBANK
020 7928 3232
Raven
What a let down, I was expecting shorts about fish fingers, or beef burgers . . .
Zoe
'Bird'?

Did I get hit by a car and wake up in 1973? If so, what on earth am I doing on the internet?

How anachronistic of me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.