Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The End is Nigh
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > The World's End
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Llama
"After Shaun of the Dead (zombies) and Hot Fuzz (cops), comes The World's End: the final installment in what Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright have called their three-flavour Cornetto trilogy. The working title can be revealed today, but what the genre might be is another question. Asked by the Guardian if it suggested a sci-fi/doomsday theme, Wright said: "It's kind of going in that direction."

Wright was speaking yesterday as a two-film deal with the UK's leading production company, Working Title Films, was announced in London. The deal will involve him making the comedy with Pegg, as well as a separate action thriller, currently called Baby Driver."

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2270344,00.html
weputthemdown583
QUOTE (Llama @ Apr 3 2008, 11:37 AM)
"After Shaun of the Dead (zombies) and Hot Fuzz (cops), comes The World's End: the final installment in what Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright have called their three-flavour Cornetto trilogy. The working title can be revealed today, but what the genre might be is another question. Asked by the Guardian if it suggested a sci-fi/doomsday theme, Wright said: "It's kind of going in that direction."

Wright was speaking yesterday as a two-film deal with the UK's leading production company, Working Title Films, was announced in London. The deal will involve him making the comedy with Pegg, as well as a separate action thriller, currently called Baby Driver."

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2270344,00.html

Wow. Let the games begin
Raven
So it's not a film about a pub in Camden then?
angle
Yessss, cant wait, need more info now!!!
weputthemdown583
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 3 2008, 12:33 PM)

Or a pirates spoof? crazy4.gif
Jon 79
Cool.

A big Roland Emmerich style disaster movie is perfect for their themed trilogy. ... a big american genre that's never really been set in England.
Kick in the Head
Sounds like a great premise (well, even though it's really just a title), and while it'll be a long while before we see it, here's hoping it makes a fitting end to the (sort of) trilogy
Omniscia
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 3 2008, 08:33 AM)

Unless that's the name of the pub!

I wouldn't mind hearing more about Baby Driver. By the title alone, I expect something like The Pacifier, and that frightens me terribly.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Apr 3 2008, 02:15 PM)
Unless that's the name of the pub!

Pssst. That was the joke.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Apr 3 2008, 09:20 AM)

Well, I couldn't be expected to know that... tongue.gif
Gluben
Yes, I was right! Sci-fi it is! Interesting working title, but it's bound to change. I did think, for some reason, it would be called Invasion Day, but that's close enough.
CazBag
Sounds very exciting! Looking forward to hearing more about this. Cheers for that Llama!
Jessopjessopjessop
WOOOO!!! I told them to write a sci-fi film at a signing, and they are doing it lol !!1!11 Now if only Simon Pegg will read the script I left outside his house.
Llama
Calm yourself, Spanish.
Mrs Bisley
Ta for that, Llama! Sounds insteresting!
logger
Yay, series 3, Tim & Daisy save the world!!!
Flame7581
It makes perfect sense if you think about it - Considering they're doing homages to the types of movies that they love - You know that sci-fi is a big one there (especially for Simon Pegg).

Too cool! smile.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (logger @ Apr 3 2008, 03:39 PM)
Yay, series 3, Tim & Daisy save the world!!!

laugh.gif

... rolleyes.gif
Julie
This better be the bukkake film they've been talking about.
thirtyhelens
^ Surely that'd be "The World Climaxes."

Yes, I know... I'm going...
Raven
QUOTE (Julie @ Apr 3 2008, 06:11 PM)
This better be the bukkake film they've been talking about.

There's got to be a world's end joke in their somewhere, but I can't see it.

Where's Ade when you need him?
thirtyhelens
*ahem* *points upward*

Sure, it's not up to Ade's level of pun mastery, but let's be honest... who is. Who farking is?
sweetbutinsane
happy.gif Woo and hoo!
melzilla
Good news.

Now we all have even more to speculate about! wink.gif
Raven
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Apr 3 2008, 07:02 PM)
*ahem*  *points upward*

You're not Ade!

Oh, I see what you mean.

Posts that pass in the night and all that . . .
dolfyn
Massive squeeeeeeee! biggrin.gif *jumps up & down, clapping hands*

I know it's only a working title, but it just makes it feel more real that it's happening. Exciting! happy.gif

"World's End" could also refer to Australia in some way, as we're sometimes called "the arse-end of the world", & Simon & Edgar did come up with the idea whilst arriving in Sydney. cool.gif
Just a thought. smile.gif

(Or it could refer to McSpaced being unleashed upon an unsuspecting public!) rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
AusChick
Sooooo what are we thinking?

Disaster movie? Blizzards, hurricanes, earthquakes, fires?

Or maybe Japanese-style giant monster movie?

Regular sized monster movie?

Werewolves? Vampires? Killer robots?

The possibilities are endless biggrin.gif
Raven
BBC article.
Everlong
Great Stuff. smile.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 4 2008, 09:30 AM)

Or maybe Japanese-style giant monster movie?

Regular sized monster movie?

Werewolves? Vampires? Killer robots?
The possibilities are endless  biggrin.gif

My guess is Aliens want to take over the world. ... and to do so they induce all sort of weather... Blizzards, hurricanes, earthquakes ... then a massive increase in global warming. (good time for a mint cornetto).
...except, we don't see much of all that... just what Simon & Nick's characters are up to in Crouch End.

I'm gonna try not to speculate any further.
Kick in the Head
I've got an inkling it will be all about the build-up to an impending apocalypse, the panic, the chaos, but chances are our heroes don't care. Either it all ends in a damp squib and nothing happens...OR the world does end, but our nonchalant heroes are the only survivors. Or something.
logger
Maybe it's a homage to Wim Wenders.
shaka37
I really hope he does this about weather or nuclear holocausts or meteors. This really sounds brilliant.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 4 2008, 12:30 AM)

...human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together.... mass hysteria!
dolfyn
^ laugh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
AusChick
I've seen shit that'll turn you white!
dolfyn
When I saw the working title of this movie, I instantly thought of Pirates of the Caribbean 3, because it's so similar; At World'd End / The World's End. Not that it matters, really. *shrug* smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
AusChick
Sooooo a pirate movie then?

Ties in the with Pirate Maths! laugh.gif
Heff
The World Send - A lazy dude gets motivated and creates a worldwide postal service.
dolfyn
^ In a post-apocalyptic world.... oh wait, that's The Postman. tongue.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 3 2008, 01:33 PM)

Bollocks to that! mad.gif

QUOTE (weputthemdown583 @ Apr 3 2008, 01:38 PM)
Or a pirates spoof?  crazy4.gif

I saw it as just a differnt way of saying Armageddon, really.
The Worlds End, of course, not pirates.

But anyway, no doubt this one will blow my head clean off my shoulders. Twice.

AMY XXX biggrin.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 3 2008, 01:33 PM)

Actually, it'd be really nice if it was an apocalypse movie & they actually featured that pub in the film.
Rebus
So what references would you expect to see in the film? Hard-bitten teams of drillers? Bloodthirsty wolves inexplicably roaming the streets of London? Mice finalising their plans for domination?
Jon 79
QUOTE (Rebus @ Apr 10 2008, 03:40 PM)
So what references would you expect to see in the film?  Hard-bitten teams of drillers? Bloodthirsty wolves inexplicably roaming the streets of London? Mice finalising their plans for domination?

Perhaps they hear Sky News that a small group of english plumbers/roofers/factory-workers etc. have been sent into space by virgin-galactic, in order to save the planet from whatever impending doom awaits it.
AusChick
Maybe it will be a film about a bunch of soul-less television producers in the US who ultimately bring about the demise of the human race through their complete disregard for morals and courtesy tongue.gif
dolfyn
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 11 2008, 08:26 AM)
Maybe it will be a film about a bunch of soul-less television producers in the US who ultimately bring about the demise of the human race through their complete disregard for morals and courtesy  tongue.gif

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me! rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
Jon 79
Can we rename this thread: You've done zombies, you've done cops, what's next?
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ May 19 2008, 07:56 AM) *
Can we rename this thread: You've done zombies, you've done cops, what's next?

Sheep?
Raven
Simon Pegg to pen 'World's End' "very soon".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.