Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
melzilla
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 7 2008, 11:36 PM)
'Parrallel Worlds Parallel Lives' is on BBC2 now!

If you haven't caught it yet, put it on now. Do yourself a favour.

Gah!!!!!

Missed it.
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 7 2008, 11:36 PM)
'Parrallel Worlds Parallel Lives' is on BBC2 now!

If you haven't caught it yet, put it on now. Do yourself a favour.

I'm watching it now. Exceptional documentary, I particularly liked the way in which it managed to break down things like Schrodinger's Cat, an experiment that has always fascinated me, and places them within a theoretical context. Following E's journey is truly wonderful television.

I just wish they didn't have Annie Mac narrating it.
Kick in the Head
It was indeed pretty swell. Just about to start reading his book.

And doesn't anyone use BBC iPlayer around here? If people have got shoddy net connections, fine, but anyone else, no excuse.
logger
I saw it ages ago, you lot just suck. tongue.gif
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ May 8 2008, 05:54 PM)
I really enjoyed the Prez arc, mainly because it's something in one of my favourite shows evoh to which I can relate.  The rabbit in the headlights feeling when up in front of a "bad class" for the first time; the realisation that they're not all bad and trying ways to get them working.

Isn't that a Coolio song? I haven't seen any of S.4 yet so I'm trying to avoid plot twists. Nothing revealed here so far that I haven't seen elsewhere. Have a care, gentlemen. wink.gif

I really like the sound of "Parallel Worlds Parallel Lives" - if anyone knows were to watch online, please share.
maian
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 10 2008, 02:59 PM)
I really like the sound of "Parallel Worlds Parallel Lives" - if anyone knows were to watch online, please share.

You can watch it on the BBC iPlayer here for the next four days.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Derren Brown continues his plan to take over the world one person at a time.

Last night he persuaded a young woman to electrocute a kitten for 500. This was a 'treat' apparently.

He also ruined a high wire walkers career, I think.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (maian @ May 10 2008, 02:16 PM)

I just saw PWPL. A very interesting, intimate yet quirky documentary. I'm glad I saw it. Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.
sarkybarker
I've got Mr & Mrs on in the background. Holy crap, it really is a load of boring crap.

Just when i thought ITV was improving.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ May 10 2008, 04:49 PM)
Derren Brown continues his plan to take over the world one person at a time.

Last night he persuaded a young woman to electrocute a kitten for 500. This was a 'treat' apparently.

He also ruined a high wire walkers career, I think.

My mam thought Derren was "an evil-looking man", while my dad was sitting there with an evil look on his face himself because he hates cats. laugh.gif
bigfatrich
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 10 2008, 01:59 PM)
Isn't that a Coolio song?  I haven't seen any of S.4 yet so I'm trying to avoid plot twists.  Nothing revealed here so far that I haven't seen elsewhere.  Have a care, gentlemen. wink.gif

I suppose it is a bit Dangerous Minds. biggrin.gif Just call me Michelle.
Ade
QUOTE (maian @ May 10 2008, 03:16 PM)

Thanks Ed. I really must get around to installing the iPlayer doowackywotsit.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 8 2008, 06:21 PM)
I caught the repeat of The Inbetweeners last night, and despite it being clunky and horribly embarrassing to watch at times, it was somewhat charming, and featured an improbably funny gag about paedophilia (to us anyway). It also featured Greg Davies from We Are Klang who I think is brilliant.

I must admit to loving The Inbetweeners. It's like you shouldn't laugh because it's so childish but you just can't help it. It's the deliveries of the actors - especially Simon Bird who plays Will - that make it.

The bit with Will and the downs syndrome group was hilarious. Wrong...but hilarious.
Jubei
QUOTE (Ade @ May 12 2008, 01:12 PM)
Thanks Ed. I really must get around to installing the iPlayer doowackywotsit.

There's actually nothing to install, you just go to the website, and it's like youtube in that respect. We can even get on to it at work, which is great, because it means the embedded videos in lots of BBC News stories work as well now, unlike the old ones that appear in their own window.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Last night's My Name Is Earl ewasn't quite as good as last week's first part, but the heat camera gag was hilarious, not to mention very dirty. I amazed they get away with it on a normal yank channel.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ May 16 2008, 05:03 PM)
...the heat camera gag was hilarious, not to mention very dirty.

Yes indeedy. It certainly cheered me up. smile.gif
NiteFall
Ooh, Derren Brown is messing with David Tennant's head tonight. Might be fun.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Derren Brown was ok, but will someone please pick a fucking 'trick'? I'm sick of seeing nice things happen to people. I'm starting to get the feeling that Derren may have used his witchcraft to make everyone pick a 'treat', then do stuff like the kitten killing and call it a treat.
Serafina_Pekkala
I wanted to see the Cutting Edge: Artful Codgers , about the Greenhalgh family but missed it. And I don't have More4 or cable. I heard it was good.
maian
Just watched this week's episode of The Wire. Very good, I particularly liked the confrontation between Omar and Marlow. Really looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

Spoilered for Sefi and anyone else who hasn't seen Season 4.
logger
I never really liked the look of The IT Crowd when I saw the ads, but having watched the first series and a couple of the second series over the last few days I have to say I have enjoyed it. Most of this is down to Richard Ayoade who deserves to go on to much bigger things.
Kick in the Head
Eyyy, Commando on Channel 4 tonight at 11.20pm. It never gets old...
NiteFall
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ May 17 2008, 01:21 PM)
Derren Brown was ok, but will someone please pick a fucking 'trick'? I'm sick of seeing nice things happen to people..

The cards are ambigrams. One way up they read trick, the other treat. Derren chooses which one they get.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 17 2008, 11:02 PM)
The cards are ambigrams. One way up they read trick, the other treat. Derren chooses which one they get.

That was the cast lase series, but not this one. They are quite definitely one or the other.
sweetbutinsane
Yeah. I wonder why he changed it?
Jubei
Did anyone else see Half Ton Dad last night? It was a Bodyshocks thing on More 4. They talked about these super-morbidly obese people requiring 'enablers' as they are incapable of actually feeding themselves at this point. I was really glad that the 76 stone guy managed to lose so much weight over the course of the program, down to 31 stone by the end, even if 15 stone of that was literally cut from his legs and abdomen, but I really felt sorry for Billy, the heaviest teenager. It was clearly his mum who was literally force feeding him more than a weeks worth of food every day. At one point she said, 'when billy hurts, momma hurts' but it struck me that what she should have said was 'momma hurts Billy' as it was almost entirely her fault. He didn't even ask for food, she just kept giving it to him, and when he was drinking water she was trying to persuade him to have Dr Pepper instead. Not only was he physically dependant on her, but he was also entirely subservient to her, just saying 'Yes momma, no momma' the whole time. He smiled once in the whole show, when he was away from her and in the ambulance. It was a bizarre caring/dependency relationship that she'd built up, but at the end of the day she mights as well have been holding a gun to her sons head and slowly pulling the trigger. Perhaps his time in hospital would give him some of the independence he so clearly needed.
Raven
QUOTE (logger @ May 17 2008, 04:35 PM)
I never really liked the look of The IT Crowd when I saw the ads, but having watched the first series and a couple of the second series over the last few days I have to say I have enjoyed it. Most of this is down to Richard Ayoade who deserves to go on to much bigger things.

I like the IT Crowd, its not the best comedy ever, but it has it's moments.

If you put "Google" into Google, you will break the internet.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Just don't talk about Memory or RAM...

Ha!, Memory is RAM!

I'm must say I'm looking forward to the third series, it does seem to be steadily improving episode by episode.
Raven
Are they making one?

ETA:

Ignore that, I've just found something about it on another site!
Sostie
I loved IT Crowd, and was surprised, even with the departure of Chris Morris, how good Series 2 was. Especially the first episode.
NiteFall
I'm just going to watch some of Jim Henson's The Storyteller. I really, really hope it's as good as I remember it being.
Raven
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2008, 02:17 PM)
I loved IT Crowd, and was surprised, even with the departure of Chris Morris, how good Series 2 was.  Especially the first episode.

Didn't he leave half way through the series or something? I kept expecting him to come back again.
Starscream`s Ghost
His character died.
Rua
I thought Matt Berry was an acceptable replacement.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I honestly thought that, after an excellent first episode, that The IT Crowd went swiftly downhill in the second series. It wasn't a patch on the first.

Nothing in it compared to the excellence of the 'Stress' episode or the one with Adam or Joe.

And I don't care how good Linehan thinks his 'Peter File' joke is, there was no excuse for using it again and again and again.

ETA, returning to Pushing Daisies, here's the wonderful Ellen Green singing from this week's. It's beautiful.
sweetbutinsane
I love Desperate Housewives. Last night's episode was amazing.
Wife Of Rolex
Bastard TV Times. The new one out today for next week's listings only goes and says which team wins this week's project on The Apprentice before it's aired. I was only flicking through and it's there as clear as bloody daylight.

The winning team are Lucinda, Alex and Lee

Although I would've prefered to have found out while watching the show, I must admit to being pleased to know that Michael and Helene lose.
Ade
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ May 19 2008, 05:39 PM)
And I don't care how good Linehan thinks his 'Peter File' joke is, there was no excuse for using it again and again and again.

All the more so, given the fact he half-inched it from brassEYE.
maian
More Wire, more goodness. Loved the Marcus Garvey reference in this week's episode.
Sostie
I watched Holby City for the first time. I was engrossed. Have I gone wrong?
empathy-with-beast
I don't know what I think about this 1940's program...
Sostie
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ May 20 2008, 09:33 PM)
I don't know what I think about this 1940's program...

It has a lot to live up to. The Victorian one was excellent.
empathy-with-beast
They're playing the Schindler's List music! It's a bit irreverent, I'm not someone who gets uptight about the war but they haven't quite got their tone right somehow.

Edit: And now the world's smallest man show, another uncomfortable bit of television making.
Zoe
I like watching Giles Coren eat icing.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 20 2008, 09:13 PM)
I like watching Giles Coren eat icing.

I like him.
Sostie
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ May 20 2008, 09:42 PM)
Edit: And now the world's smallest man show, another uncomfortable bit of television making.

All will be back to normal Lewis, don't worry. Next Wednesday Channel 5 has a doc about 2 men who have sex with their cars.
Zoe
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ May 20 2008, 10:18 PM)
I like him.

I'd like to do something with him, preferably involving icing.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 20 2008, 09:19 PM)
I'd like to do something with him, preferably involving icing.

Nice save. Anyways. I can see you would.
empathy-with-beast
I'd quite like to see Sue Perkins suck off a spiv in exchange for a couple fo sheep's hearts.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ May 20 2008, 09:31 PM)
I'd quite like to see Sue Perkins suck off a spiv in exchange for a couple fo sheep's hearts.

hehe. Or sell her hair to nefarious wig makers in order to pay money lenders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.