Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
empathy-with-beast
I have just switched on a children's program ( I think it's called Half Moon Investigation) in which one teenager calls another skankatronic. Isn't a skank a prostitute? No one on Biker Grove ever called someone a whore, or whoratronic, even PJ when he was boffing that girl on a mattress in a basement.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jan 12 2009, 04:50 PM) *
No one on Biker Grove ever called someone a whore, or whoratronic, even PJ when he was boffing that girl on a mattress in a basement.

Leave him alone! He was blind, for god's sake! Isn't he allowed a tiny bit of pleasure in his dark, dark world?
empathy-with-beast
It was actually the girl he boffed that blinded him. I hope it was worth it.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jan 12 2009, 06:09 PM) *
It was actually the girl he boffed that blinded him. I hope it was worth it.

Didn't Jennifer Jason Leigh's character in 'Last Exit To Brooklyn' claim to the drunken mob about to gang bang her that she would 'fuck you blind'?

Is this a similar thing?
Jimmay
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jan 12 2009, 04:50 PM) *
I have just switched on a children's program ( I think it's called Half Moon Investigation) in which one teenager calls another skankatronic. Isn't a skank a prostitute? No one on Biker Grove ever called someone a whore, or whoratronic, even PJ when he was boffing that girl on a mattress in a basement.

I saw that programme. It left me confused and upset that I wasn't able to guess who the text bullier was when I had managed to guess the whole plot of Murder She Wrote the other day. Outwitted by a children's mystery show.

Also, I am now in the world of Sky+ which would be great if it actually worked. Annoyingly however, if you are recording something then you have to watch it as no other channels work, and if you are watching another channel and set something to record then it fails. A phone call to sky is in order I feel as it meant I missed the first episode of new 24.
Jubei
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 13 2009, 10:13 AM) *
I saw that programme. It left me confused and upset that I wasn't able to guess who the text bullier was when I had managed to guess the whole plot of Murder She Wrote the other day. Outwitted by a children's mystery show.

Also, I am now in the world of Sky+ which would be great if it actually worked. Annoyingly however, if you are recording something then you have to watch it as no other channels work, and if you are watching another channel and set something to record then it fails. A phone call to sky is in order I feel as it meant I missed the first episode of new 24.

Did you get the Sky+ box yourself to replace a normal box? You're supposed to have two incoming cables from your dish. So you can watch the feed from one cable and record the other (or record 2 different things at the same time while you're out and not watching TV, I only learned that the other day).
Jubei
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 9 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Telly-related non-incest (in real life anyway) news: Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter elope.

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT! There was somethin' up when I saw them together at the Arclight about a year ago. laugh.gif Body language doesn't lie.

They will have very ginger babies.

ETA: Well, it wouldn't be incest in the show either, would it, since he's adopted.

At their wedding, Carpenter's grandfather's wedding band was attached to her bouquet of white roses.
I completely misread this sentence. At first I thought wow, the band's still alive and doing gigs, then I had visions of shrunken heads or little pots of ash attached to the bouquet.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Jubei @ Jan 13 2009, 10:27 AM) *
Did you get the Sky+ box yourself to replace a normal box? You're supposed to have two incoming cables from your dish. So you can watch the feed from one cable and record the other (or record 2 different things at the same time while you're out and not watching TV, I only learned that the other day).

It's brand new and was set up by the sky bloke on Friday, but I did have to unplug it to fit it into my new tv cabinet on Saturday so maybe the cable has come loose. I shall have a check tonight when I get home and if not then I'll phone Sky.
PrincessKate
I watched Derren Brown's Evening of Wonders yesterday, it was creepy and enthralling - I'm not a great fan of such things but it was certainly gripping and the use of an old Victorian-style Musica Hall setting only helped matters.
There was many a shout of 'He's a witch! Burn him!' throughout in the living room.
Also the next round of Masterchef, I was glad Lesley didn't get through, I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when she used the word 'ya' as she was speaking.

Then, this morning I watched a terrifying multicoloured Welsh Children's programme on S4C.
Zoe
Cowards a sketch show starring Tom Basden, Stefan Golaszewski, Tim Key and Lloyd Woolf (and featuring my flatmate) starts at 10pm on the 20th of January on BBC Four.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 14 2009, 04:28 PM) *
Cowards a sketch show starring Tom Basden, Stefan Golaszewski, Tim Key and Lloyd Woolf (and featuring my flatmate) starts at 10pm on the 20th of January on BBC Four.

HAd a good write-up in Time Out this week
gulfcoast_highwayman

The fact that it's on BBC 4 gives me hope that it might be any good.

That and your flatmates appearance, of course, Zoe.
Zoe
Having seen it, I can highly recommend it.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 14 2009, 04:34 PM) *
Having seen it, I can highly recommend it.

You could start a forum for it!
Zoe
I would, but there's only three episodes.
Jessopjessopjessop

Ah, I listened to a couple of episodes on your recommendation and liked it. Tim Key was the funniest, even not doing his poet act. I'll check this out for sure.

If you start a forum, I will be the worryingly obsessed stalker member.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 14 2009, 04:44 PM) *
I would, but there's only three episodes.

You could start a quarter of a forum. The you could leave it when the team involved do something else and everyone likes the other thing floods all over your undersized domain....Eventually the place would be dominated by and one foot four inches tall girl wearing half a monocle....I don't know where I'm going with this.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jan 14 2009, 02:34 PM) *
I watched Derren Brown's Evening of Wonders yesterday, it was creepy and enthralling - I'm not a great fan of such things but it was certainly gripping and the use of an old Victorian-style Musica Hall setting only helped matters.

I got my sister to record that for me and am looking forward to watching it. I caught a bit of the end where he had a girl up on stage and was unwinding a long roll of paper. It looked intriguing.

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jan 14 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Then, this morning I watched a terrifying multicoloured Welsh Children's programme on S4C.

Was it the one where they all wear funky hats? I think it's called Bobi-something...
Raven
Swines! They've replaced Foyle's War with Football!
Ade
Is it wrong that I keep thinking Bo Selecta while Verne Troyer is on screen dressed as a bear?

QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Jan 14 2009, 06:00 PM) *
You could start a quarter of a forum.

A quorum.
Llama
QUOTE (Ade @ Jan 14 2009, 09:27 PM) *
A quorum.

Is that the vegetarian option?
PrincessKate
I am very much enjoying Hustle - Mainly because Adrian Lester is just wonderful, and it's got heart.
Perfect winter viewing until the new series of Ashes to Ashes arrives for me to tut over.
gulfcoast_highwayman
As well as doing the music for Bo Selecta! and other Leigh Francis rubbish, I discovered last night that my cousin wrote the music for 'GAY! A Gay Musical' for The IT Crowd. It's his voice you hear singing 'I love willies!'

He told us at my mother's birthday meal last night. My Mum was very amused by his rendition of the song.
Zoe
'Lucky Break' is on tonight on Channel 4.

It's not a great film, but if you fancy Julian Barratt I can recommend it.
monkeyman
I've actually quite enjoyed every episode of the IT crowd I've seen and for some reason I feel I shouldn't as it's quite....hammy and obvious maybe, I dunno. From the few I've seen (maybe 4) the earlier seasons seem to be better than the later ones.
mousespider
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 18 2009, 07:19 PM) *
it's quite....hammy and obvious maybe, I dunno.

That's why I've never gotten into it. And the fact that there is a laugh track makes it even worse, as the only show with a laugh track I enjoy is "How I Met Your Mother."
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jan 18 2009, 12:57 PM) *
As well as doing the music for Bo Selecta! and other Leigh Francis rubbish, I discovered last night that my cousin wrote the music for 'GAY! A Gay Musical' for The IT Crowd. It's his voice you hear singing 'I love willies!'

He told us at my mother's birthday meal last night. My Mum was very amused by his rendition of the song.

I like that it was a 'coming out' at a family gathering that wasn't actually the guy saying he was gay but that he'd written a pretend gay musical.

I'm amused by little plays on reality like them such like.
Everlong
Just seen an advert for some Paris Hilton programme, in which see comes to Britain to find a friend.

I can see this going down as well as that "Who'll take Jodie Marsh up the aisle" Shit.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 19 2009, 08:17 PM) *
Just seen an advert for some Paris Hilton programme, in which see comes to Britain to find a friend.

Like, omigod, are we in fashion this season or something? rolleyes.gif
Ade
QUOTE (Ade @ Jan 14 2009, 09:27 PM) *
A quorum.
QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 14 2009, 10:24 PM) *
Is that the vegetarian option?

Vegebitesize.
sleeping_pirate
Screenwipe was brilliant as always tonight.
grumpygit
And knife you and knife you and knife you and knife you and knife you and knife you and knife you and knife you .....
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Jan 19 2009, 11:27 PM) *
Screenwipe was brilliant as always tonight.

We will make it like new new new.
Sostie
Cowards was pretty good. A lot more hit than miss (the only really tiresome part was the caravan thing). Loved the Vauxhall advert.
Zoe
Awwww, I like the caravan.
Sostie
I have yet to see a hilarious caravan based sketch.

Except in Father Ted.
Zoe
The caravan continues throughout the series, maybe it'll grind you down.
Rua
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 21 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Loved the Vauxhall advert.

That was excellent. I also like the caravan.
logger
I really didn't like it.
Jimmay
Has anyone been watching Big Chef Takes On Little Chef?

It's really entertaining and hilarious how Little Chef have so obviously taken this as a big publicity stunt which Heston Blumenthal is trying to derail as he quite clearly takes the job very seriously. The CEO, Ian, is one of my favourite characters from TV in a long time. You couldn't make that shit up.
Raven
James May and Oz Clarke are making me laugh at the moment, their current tour of Britian is very amusing!

Also, BBC Two are advertising a program about Terry Pratchett living with Alzheimer's not sure when it will be on just yet, but my guess would be the week after next.
monkeyman
Oz and James are brilliant, they are two old men and I don't care about alcohol but the show is very entertaining.

I'm very interested in seeing the Pratchett Alzheimers show as well, I love the guy and it's such a shame what is happeneing to him.

@Jimmay: The show is quite entertaining, the CEO Ian is a massive cunt though laugh.gif
PrincessKate
Cowards was pretty good. A lot more hit than miss (the only really tiresome part was the caravan thing). Loved the Vauxhall advert.

I'm halfway through it on iplayer, The Richard Madeley song only gets funnier, I loved the visuals.
And "They're both from Cleves!"
I would happily dick* any of them, but Tim 'n' Tom are my favourites.

* Female equivalent? I would quite happily vag any of them?
Atara
Yey to jonathan Ross being back.

It is odd that even though I think Tom cruise is a bit of a twat, I couldn't help but really like him. And it appears he has gotten younger, weird
logger
Alice Lowe's LifeSpam was pretty good.
Jessopjessopjessop

I saw this on iPlayer. Pleasingly strange and nicely performed - particularly Tim Key - and I thought the caravan was great.
Raven
QUOTE (Atara @ Jan 23 2009, 11:38 PM) *
Yey to jonathan Ross being back.

Doesn't look like everyone was happy about it . . .

(Surprise, surprise, it's a quote from the Daily Mail).

I don't know if anyone else saw it last week, but Sue Perkins gave this year's RTS Huw Weldon Lecture, entitled Wit's End: British Comedy at the Crossroads, and she made some very good points about the whole complaints culture we seem to have today.

For those of you who haven't seen it, it's still on iPlayer here: Wit's End.

It's well worth the watch, and Spaced gets a mention a couple of times as well.
Atara
That girl is a tramp, anyway. Clearly trying to keep herself in the spotlight.

Sachs grandaughter - not Sue Perkins.
Raven
QUOTE (Atara @ Jan 24 2009, 06:57 PM) *
That girl is a tramp, anyway. Clearly trying to keep herself in the spotlight.

Sachs grandaughter - not Sue Perkins.

I believe that's her Mum being quoted in the above article.
Atara
Oh yeah, so it is. All jumping on the bandwagon then, *yawn*

'Wits End' was a good watch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.