Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
tigerlily
QUOTE (Celticstar @ Mar 21 2009, 02:11 PM) *
i'm really enjoying dollhouse at mo. It's paint by numbers but good fun. smile.gif

I feel this sums up my attitude to Dollhouse at the moment:

Penny Arcade comic strip thingy

I got bored halfway through episode 4 the other night and stopped it. I am disappointed.
Omniscia
QUOTE (tigerlily @ Mar 22 2009, 01:42 PM) *
I got bored halfway through episode 4 the other night and stopped it. I am disappointed.

Yeah, I know what you mean. And I've got too many shows on my list right now to make room for one that may require a full season's dedication just to get into.

But now that BSG's done, I'm down one show, and after the Conchords lower the curtain on this season tonight, I'll be down two.
melzilla
Big thumbs up for Yellowstone again this week. The bit at the end with the Geyser Gazers made me giggle.
Ade
QUOTE (melzilla @ Mar 22 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Big thumbs up for Yellowstone again this week. The bit at the end with the Geyser Gazers made me giggle.

I'm tempted to make some wisecrack along the lines of "was one of the Geyser Gazers a geezer called Gozer?" but I can't think of one.
monkeyman
Hopefully some of that yellowstone will come onto Virgin on Demand. I've missed most of it.
Raven
Did anyone see Lewis last night? Don't they have murders in Oxford anymore where the assailant isn't known to a member of the police force?

ETA:

Moved to the right thread (that's what happenes when you post in a hurry...).

I'll also second/third the recommendations for Yellowstone, very good indeed!
Celticstar
QUOTE (tigerlily @ Mar 22 2009, 05:42 PM) *
I feel this sums up my attitude to Dollhouse at the moment:

Penny Arcade comic strip thingy

I know what you mean, i feel like that with a lot of stuff recently. I want some really good scifi/ fantasy but there doesn't seem to be much about. I wish i could sit through mind numbing crap like eastenders and hollyoaks but i have a brain!
melzilla
I've never seen Law and Order: UK before tonight, but after ten minutes I had to give up because of the awful distracting camera-work. So annoying.
grumpygit
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 23 2009, 01:56 PM) *
ETA:

Moved to the right thread (that's what happenes when you post in a hurry...).

Not for the first time eh? tongue.gif

Must go, Stewart Lee is on at ten.
Zoe
QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 17 2008, 09:22 AM) *
A friend of mine was telling me about a sketch he's starred in for Stewart Lee's new show in which an entire folk culture has sprung up around that one scene in 'Only Fools and Horses', they filmed a whole festival culminating in the burning of a 'Wicker Del'.

That was ages ago though, I wonder if it will ever air?

It had the actor Kevin Eldon in it.

It was good, but it was better in my head.

P.S. I love Lewis, but was thinking the new series wasn't living up to expectations (not nearly enough Dishy Hathaway) until the great ending.
PrincessKate
Your friend isn't Miles Jupp is it?
maian
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle is increasingly starting to look like what Howard Beale's show on Network might have been had he been a stand-up, rather than a newscaster.
Raven
QUOTE (grumpygit @ Mar 23 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Don't know what you mean . . . wink.gif
Zoe
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 23 2009, 10:51 PM) *
Your friend isn't Miles Jupp is it?

Martin White.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 24 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Martin White.

I like his accordian.
I used to know one of his friends who didn't even know about his masterful rendering of Thriller. Idiot.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 24 2009, 11:56 AM) *
I like his accordian.
I used to know one of his friends who didn't even know about his masterful rendering of Thriller. Idiot.

He is mates with my mate Rob. I've met him once or twice doing festival stuff. What a small world.
Zoe
We were recently discussing whether Michael Jackson might be interested in allowing Martin onstage for an encore of Thriller.
PrincessKate
If not can his backup be an encore of Take Me Out for Franz Ferdinand?
It is my second favourite.

I really miss Popjustice accordion Tuesdays.
Zoe
Why would Michael Jackson perform 'Take me Out'?
PrincessKate
That wasn't what I meant.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (melzilla @ Mar 23 2009, 09:42 PM) *
I've never seen Law and Order: UK before tonight, but after ten minutes I had to give up because of the awful distracting camera-work. So annoying.

I've been watching the series and must admit that I've really liked it. I take your point on the camerawork, but I think through familiarity I'm used to it so don't really notice it so much now.

QUOTE (maian @ Mar 23 2009, 11:46 PM) *
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle is increasingly starting to look like what Howard Beale's show on Network might have been had he been a stand-up, rather than a newscaster.

Finally caught it last night. Very funny, but he's right. I can't remember that punchline.
logger
Is Stewart Lee in 2005?
grumpygit
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 24 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Don't know what you mean . . . wink.gif

Saw that coming.

Damn you and your moderating ways, damn you! tongue.gif
Shack
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 24 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Martin White.

He's ace is Martin. Thoroughly nice.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (melzilla @ Mar 23 2009, 02:42 PM) *

But the Bamber's in this, isn't he?

MmmmBamber.
PrincessKate
Ejaculating cake.
Raven
I want Lord Bath to come round for tea, he's as mad as sack of hamsters!
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 25 2009, 12:24 AM) *
I want Lord Bath to come round for tea, he's as mad as sack of hamsters!

Hehe - Longleat lord really winds my dad up rotten - Pops calls him 'Lord Duckegg'. Calling someone a 'duckegg' is his own personal insult.
blackcherry
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Mar 25 2009, 10:18 AM) *
Hehe - Longleat lord really winds my dad up rotten - Pops calls him 'Lord Duckegg'. Calling someone a 'duckegg' is his own personal insult.

Duckegg seems to be a term of endearment in Lancashire.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Mar 25 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Duckegg seems to be a term of endearment in Lancashire.

I am from Lancashire as is my Pops. Maybe it means bad things in my town.
blackcherry
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Mar 25 2009, 10:54 AM) *
I am from Lancashire as is my Pops. Maybe it means bad things in my town.

Hehe. Maybe I've just been misinterpreting it! Perhaps my boyfriend has actually been insulting me all this time and laughing at my ignorance.
logger
Duckegg = not good.

edit

Last night was the first time I saw the episode of South Park where Randy has the biggest crap in the world since I saw King of Kong. Bono is Billy Mitchell.
gulfcoast_highwayman
But it's very mild as an insult, isn't it?

Like 'silly sausage' or 'daft apath'?
logger
Or dopey sod.
Zoe
1980 was better than 1974. I'm thinking of sticking on 83 now, but it doesn't suit a sunny afternoon.

I have 1984 ready to go in book form.
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 24 2009, 10:50 PM) *
But the Bamber's in this, isn't he?

MmmmBamber.

It does - I'm tempted to find a few eps and watch, just to see LaBamber in British accent. Hurr.
Serafina_Pekkala
Duckegg is mild yet amusing maxim - applied to silly sausages and dopey sods everywhere. Far sweeter and well meaning than anything in a David Peace novel.

yeah - take that old miserable Yorkshirers.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 25 2009, 01:57 PM) *
It does - I'm tempted to find a few eps and watch, just to see LaBamber in British accent. Hurr.

I'm sure you'll like him in Law & Order. Or Hornblower if you fancy him in British accent mode and breeches.
Ade
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 25 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Bono is Billy Mitchell.

Nah. Bono is Bobcat Goldthwait from the Police Academy films.

"My mother's name was Jughead...aaah!!"
widowspider
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 25 2009, 04:43 PM) *
I'm sure you'll like him in Law & Order. Or Hornblower if you fancy him in British accent mode and breeches.

Cor.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 25 2009, 06:57 AM) *

Woid. And I just found out Harriet Walter is in it, too. She's a genius. *makes memo to hunt down viddage*
logger
Newswipe is rubbish, isn't it. I knew how the news worked long before the news special on screenwipe, why do a whole series on the same subject? It wasn't funny or informative, the woman rebranding the recession was just shit and I turned it off when the poetry started.
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 25 2009, 01:47 PM) *
1980 was better than 1974. I'm thinking of sticking on 83 now, but it doesn't suit a sunny afternoon.

I have 1984 ready to go in book form.

The TV covers for the Red Riding books make me laugh. Mainly the one for 1977, since it features a character who isn't in the book at all on the front.

I liked Newswipe but did feel that Charlie was covering some of the same ground that he did in the News special of Screenwipe last year.
Raven
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 25 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Woid. And I just found out Harriet Walter is in it, too. She's a genius. *makes memo to hunt down viddage*

And Freema Agyeman!
blackcherry
QUOTE (logger @ Mar 25 2009, 11:00 PM) *
the woman rebranding the recession was just shit and I turned it off when the poetry started.

There is something about that woman that really rubs me up the wrong way, I don't know what it is. I agree about the poetry bit, that was pretty dire.

Overall, I quite liked it although I haven't seen the news episode of Screenwipe so it was all new material to me. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels like a thickie every time I watch the news. I wish newspeople would explain what things are simply and plainly rather than using analogies that make everything more confusing.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (maian @ Mar 25 2009, 11:32 PM) *
I liked Newswipe but did feel that Charlie was covering some of the same ground that he did in the News special of Screenwipe last year.

Bugger! Missed it.
Sostie
Finished Red Riding. Marvellous.

Newswipe was more informative that funny. I was wondering whether Jade Goody coverage was avoided or will be covered next week.
Kick in the Head
I did like Newswipe and I have always enjoyed Tim Key's poetry segments, so no change there. Yes, it did recap a lot of the previous News Special, but just like The Daily Show highlights segments from the worst of US news so I don't have to watch it, Newswipe offered reams of horrible emotion-tugging digital-graph wankery from Sky News. Dermot Murnahagn(?)'s Economic Cycle cajoling Joe Public into declaring how the recession has destroyed their lives only to be met with indifference? Just for highlighting that made the programme worthwhile. If anything, Newswipe reminded us just how terrifyingly prescient The Day Today and Brass Eye were.
maian
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Mar 26 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Brass Eye were.

Since Brooker worked on that it's perhaps unsurprising that he would feel smug about how bang on they proved to be.
melzilla
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 26 2009, 09:49 AM) *
Bugger! Missed it.

Same here. Is it on again?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.