Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Zoe
QUOTE (logger @ May 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *
She does seem to have some kind of les-bait to her.

Let me tell you something about Lizzy Caplan. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and Janis was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like, "Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "Janis, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian." I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a LESBIAN. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack.
Sostie
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 15 2009, 03:25 PM) *
I enjoy The Ameircan Office, is this wrong?

Not at all. It's very good indeed. Plus it has Jenna Fischer. Yum. And in 3 episodes Amy Adams as well. Double yum.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 15 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Not at all. It's very good indeed. Plus it has Jenna Fischer. Yum. And in 3 episodes Amy Adams as well. Double yum.

I would.
And Mindy Kaling (But as Amy in 40 Year Old Virgin rather than Kelly in The Office)
I never knew Diwali was like an Indian Hallowe'en.
The More You Know.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 15 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Let me tell you something about Lizzy Caplan. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and Janis was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like, "Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "Janis, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian." I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a LESBIAN. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack.

Replace that with Lizzy and I MAY have believed you.
whitey
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 15 2009, 01:45 PM) *
I have a fully fledged girl crush on Lizzy Caplan

May I recommend Party Down. It's pretty good.
Zoe
QUOTE (Jimmay @ May 15 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Replace that with Lizzy and I MAY have believed you.

The joke wasn't worth that level of attention to detail.
Sostie
Was EastEnders told to use their entire steadicam budget in one episode? Actually, based on only a few episodes I've seen this year, EastEnders really is quite impressive for a soap.
Zoe
Back to Pulling.

Does every actress on TV end up thin?

logger
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 15 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Does every actress on TV end up thin?

If they want to stay on tv, yes.
Ade
Anyone following BoyMeetsGirl?

I'm enjoying it.
Zoe
Yes! And me too.
Ade
Splendid!

I could have sworn I just saw the Fonejacker on today's Columbo.

Bolumbo.

eta: Oh my god - it was. And it was William Shatner!
melzilla
Eurovision is even more hilarious than usual.
Rua
Norton inferior. Wogan superior.
Atara
I think Norton has done ok, actually. He made me laugh a few times
logger
30 Rock S03 has won me over.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I really hate most things about Eastenders, but when they have the sense to put Lacey Turner centre stage it's always worth watching. She's a smashing actress, and Stacey Slater is a brilliant character.
melzilla
That South Pacific series is yet another pretty awesome nature programme from the Beeb.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (melzilla @ May 19 2009, 01:06 AM) *
That South Pacific series is yet another pretty awesome nature programme from the Beeb.

Indeed. Just when you think they must run out of ideas for subjects, they go and show you tame eels cleaning a human drinking water pool.
Bloomeeney
Loving the Human story thing too with the lovely Dr Alice Roberts
Zoe
Sat watching telly with my flatmate last night, watching her simulate sex with Johnny Vegas.

Her hair looked lovely.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 19 2009, 10:05 AM) *
Sat watching telly with my flatmate last night, watching her simulate sex with Johnny Vegas.

Her hair looked lovely.

You really should get a TV for your bedroom.
Raven
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ May 19 2009, 09:21 AM) *
Indeed. Just when you think they must run out of ideas for subjects, they go and show you tame eels cleaning a human drinking water pool.

I thought the waves from underneath, in the first episode last week, were pretty spectacular.

QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ May 19 2009, 09:43 AM) *

"Hi, I'm Doctor Alice Roberts, and I'm going to dis your life's work on television Mr. Aged Chinese Man!"
Serafina_Pekkala

Poor OtherZoe.

Her hair looked lovely.

Silver lining.
Zoe
You can watch it on iPlayer (Ideal), her hair looks like a shampoo advert!

She's playing a prostitute in the last 5-10 mins.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 19 2009, 11:50 AM) *

But the Vegas sexing ... is the hair really that good?

Some kind soul has uploaded The Thick of It on Youtube. I think I love both Malcolm AND Jamie. Make mine a double - arf.
Sostie
Her hair looked lovely.

Indeed. It really suits her.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 19 2009, 11:50 AM) *

If you watch it on Virgin media, she's first billed, too.

Ideal gets much better with every series.
That, and I like it cos Jo Neary used to talk to me on Myspace before she got bored.
Zoe
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2009, 07:41 PM) *
Indeed. It really suits her.

It really did, she totally kept it for a couple of days.

She looked proper lovely.

Thank goodness she wasn't on top, she would have got squashed...

Zoe's job is fun, she spent yesterday pretending to be one of the Saturdays and as a slutty cowgirl on rollerskates.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 19 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Zoe's job is fun, she spent yesterday pretending to be one of the Saturdays and as a slutty cowgirl on rollerskates.

She's living my dreams.
Zoe
No. The Stath wasn't there.
widowspider
She's being paid to act. She's definitely living my dream.
melzilla
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ May 19 2009, 09:21 AM) *

Indeed. Astonishing how they make the water eely clean.

Ayethangyou!

QUOTE (Bloomeeney @ May 19 2009, 09:43 AM) *

This is also very interesting, although she does seem to beat about the bush a little to get to the point. I reckon the shows could probably be about half as long with the same amount of info.

QUOTE (Raven @ May 19 2009, 11:02 AM) *
I thought the waves from underneath, in the first episode last week, were pretty spectacular.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Alice Roberts, and I'm going to dis your life's work on television Mr. Aged Chinese Man!"

The waves were really quite awesome.

Old Chinese guy, however, probably deserved it. It was quite inconvenient for him that the majority of his supporting 'evidence' was 'lost' during WWII. Maybe I'm a cynic.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (melzilla @ May 20 2009, 01:11 AM) *
This is also very interesting, although she does seem to beat about the bush a little to get to the point. I reckon the shows could probably be about half as long with the same amount of info.

She is one of the new breed of documentary presenters. Their programmes are more about their emotional experience of things; reactions rather than facts, rather like the change in news presentation which Charlie Brooker talked about in Newswipe. What's wrong with presenting facts and letting the wonder of the world impress us? No, instead she has to stand in a hole and smile at the camera.

That said, I will continue watching the show. Human evolution and anthropology are the most fascinating subjects.
Bloomeeney
QUOTE (melzilla @ May 20 2009, 01:11 AM) *
This is also very interesting, although she does seem to beat about the bush a little to get to the point.

She could beat about my bush any time she wanted to...........
ipse dixit
^ I was waiting for that from someone.

I watched the second half of the Asia one at lunchtime. Interesty stuff. Made me think again that I should really get round to finishing Guns, Germs and Steel.
Jimmay
I just watched the first episode of South Pacific on my lunchbreak and it was pretty spectacular. The sharks taking the albatross chicks were particularly spectacular. What programme are you on about with that Doctor woman then as that sounds interesting as well?
Raven
QUOTE (Jimmay @ May 20 2009, 03:17 PM) *
What programme are you on about with that Doctor woman then as that sounds interesting as well?

The Incredible Human Journey.
Zoe
Wasn't Tim Key great on 'We Need Answers' last night?

Yes?

Good.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 20 2009, 04:26 PM) *
Wasn't Tim Key great on 'We Need Answers' last night?

Yes?

Good.

He and Alex Horne carried the show.

I feel a bit bad criticising Mark Watson again because I'm sure he's a nice chap, but even the chair was funnier. He also seems to have a little trouble talking. And walking. His head seems to start walking a split seconds before his legs do.

Has anyone seen the new quiz show Divided? Should realy be called Stubborn Fuckers.
curtinparloe
Did anyone else see and really enjoy 1066: The Battle For Middle Earth?
Jimmay
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ May 21 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Did anyone else see and really enjoy 1066: The Battle For Middle Earth?

I was intrigued so I recorded it and as a result I missed the first 5 minutes of Conchords so it had better be good!
PrincessKate
The doc about homosexuality within the Afro-Carribean community fronted by Stephen K Amos is on.
Pretty horrible subject matter, (in particular, the views perpetuated by young people which seem to have no basis in anything other than thinking all gay men are going to ninja-bum them) but when the guy comes out to his mum and she's ok with it, makes me teary.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 22 2009, 10:44 AM) *
The doc about homosexuality within the Afro-Carribean community fronted by Stephen K Amos is on.
Pretty horrible subject matter, (in particular, the views perpetuated by young people which seem to have no basis in anything other than thinking all gay men are going to ninja-bum them) but when the guy comes out to his mum and she's ok with it, makes me teary.

My friend at Uni was gay and Nigerian. He had a terrible time with his family. But that's just families for you.
Zoe
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 22 2009, 10:44 AM) *

Is that called Batty Boy? Or something like that?

My friend Liam is in it!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 22 2009, 11:26 AM) *
Is that called Batty Boy? Or something like that?

My friend Liam is in it!

The very same.
I like Channel 4 between 9.30am - 12pm, it shows a lot of interesting docs.
Of course I miss the Sesame Street break at midday, but nobody's perfect.
Atara
Family Guy is so right about Two abd a Half men and how crap it is but I can't help but kind of like it a bit...it is all that is on half the time and is sort of watchable enough and occasionally amusing.

God I hate myself
sleeping_pirate
The bit just now with the woman giving birth and a tiny wheelchair coming out... that nearly killed me.
PrincessKate
Peter and Quagmire doing the safety dance in moustaches did the same to me.
monkeyman
Twas a damn good episode all roubd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.