Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Crystal Bucket
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
whitey
QUOTE (Atara @ May 24 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Family Guy is so right about Two abd a Half men and how crap it is

Shame Family Guy isn't right about how crap Family Guy is.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ May 24 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Shup, it's good smile.gif

I'm watching Come Dine With Me, it's in Croydon and of course there's some mouthy old cow on it. Dirty Croydoners.

Discovery Realtime is showing CDWM ALL DAY (6am today to 2am tomorrow).
It's a good job I'm going out in an hour otherwise I would get exactly nothing done.

Plus they're showing the 'classic' Preston episodes on More4 later today, too.
Zoe
QUOTE (whitey @ May 25 2009, 05:18 AM) *
Shame Family Guy isn't right about how crap Family Guy is.

When we were looking for a new flatmate, one guy came round who defined his sense of humour through his appreciation of Family Guy. I had series one on DVD (not sure why) and he excitedly pulled it out as a cultural benchmark that would bind us together.

He didn't move in.

People who are impressed by my Sylvester McCoy Doctor Who DVDs, now they're my kind of people.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 25 2009, 03:47 PM) *
When we were looking for a new flatmate, one guy came round who defined his sense of humour through his appreciation of Family Guy. I had series one on DVD (not sure why) and he excitedly pulled it out as a cultural benchmark that would bind us together.

He didn't move in.

People who are impressed by my Sylvester McCoy Doctor Who DVDs, now they're my kind of people.

Too right. Unfortunately, I didn't realise when I was moving in that it would be into a Twilight/Step Up/She's The Man/John Tucker Must Die/The Lake Houe flat. Guess I'll be watching my sick films alone in my bedroom where perhaps they're best kept anyway.
logger
Just be glad you don't get Coronation Street and Bummerdale Farm.
PrincessKate
Amy? Well she's dressed completely inappropriately for a dinner party, I mean she's dressed like a streetwalker!

Welcome back, weekly doses of CDWM.
Kick in the Head
Robin Hood's generally dull, but Toby Stephens as Prince John was genuinely the bestest thing on telly. The fact that he looks like Murray in Flight of the Conchords makes it even better. Shame he's buggered off already. Back to not watching it then...
PrincessKate
Little Howard's Big Question is quite brilliant, it's a shame I'll miss most of it due to work.
It also reminds me I have a little crush on Howard Read.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ May 25 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Robin Hood's generally dull, but Toby Stephens as Prince John was genuinely the bestest thing on telly. The fact that he looks like Murray in Flight of the Conchords makes it even better. Shame he's buggered off already. Back to not watching it then...

Now i have to watch this now.

I will only watch Robin Hood every now and again for the BryanFerrySeanBean hybrid that is Richard Armitage. He would make a great John Childermass in my adaptation of Norrell/Strange.
Zoe
Oooof Guy of Gisborne. I love him, but still haven't managed to sit through an episode of the Hood.

I liked it when he married that big fat ghost in the Vicar of Dibley.
dandan
been catching up on season two of 'chuck' - yep, it's a lot of fun and very watchable... it ceartainly seems to be packing in a lot more geeky references than the first season, which is all good.

oh, and jacob (he of 'lost') turned up as an assassin a couple of episodes back...
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ May 25 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Funny, I was about to come on here and say he looked like Ade.

I've really been enjoying it since Prince John's arrival. Toby Stephens plays him perfectly.

"Wakey wakey Archbishop, you have a coronation to attend. Miiiiine."
Ade
Just caught the tail end of The One Show and the bit with Tuffers talking abut this classic swimming pool rules poster:

and I thought: Will Patron's Kindly Refrain...sounds like a good name for a band.
Raven
QUOTE (Ade @ May 27 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Just caught the tail end of The One Show and the bit with Tuffers talking abut this classic swimming pool rules poster:

Christ, I haven't seen that in years!
Wife Of Rolex
I watched Jade: As Seen On TV on E4 last night. A fairly decent tribute in all, but it did make me wonder if Susan Boyle is the new Jade.

She arrived on the scene almost seemlessly after Jade's death and appears to have taken up the mantle of a media created celebrity. Filled the vacuum left by Jade no longer being around. People on the programme were saying they couldn't see another Jade-like character emerging again, but the media frenzy around Susan Boyle is currently running on similar paths to those seen when Jade left the Big Brother house.

Susan has the benefit of her voice being percieved as a talent, but already there are people - a fair few of them famous - saying she's over-rated and not as good as the media makes out, much like the criticism Jade had for the 7 years she was in the public eye.

If Jade's got the musical of her life, you can bet Susan will have the movie for hers.
melzilla
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 25 2009, 06:48 PM) *
Amy? Well she's dressed completely inappropriately for a dinner party, I mean she's dressed like a streetwalker!

Welcome back, weekly doses of CDWM.

Yes! This week has been heelarious so far. I'm hoping for fisticuffs tomorrow.

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ May 27 2009, 08:04 PM) *
Susan has the benefit of her voice being percieved as a talent, but already there are people - a fair few of them famous - saying she's over-rated and not as good as the media makes out, much like the criticism Jade had for the 7 years she was in the public eye.

If Jade's got the musical of her life, you can bet Susan will have the movie for hers.

Did you hear her 'sing' this week. She was like a drunk Auntie at a wedding. I really hope it was down to her having a cold. Before that I thought she was an OK singer but, as with Jade, the hype and media attention far outweighed any actual talent there. The only reason anyone made a big deal was because she wasn't very attractive and admitted she was a virgin. (Oooh, come on world, lets all either point and laugh or be completely patronising.) It was all really quite sickening.

I hope for her own sake she doesn't win. Did you see the 'makeover' they gave her, too. Obviously they're waiting to see if she wins to see if she's worth a full set of new teeth, eh? Poor woman.
PrincessKate
I had to switch BGT off after she started singing, all the hype got to her, I think.
QUOTE (melzilla @ May 27 2009, 11:13 PM) *
Yes! This week has been heelarious so far. I'm hoping for fisticuffs tomorrow.

I hope Sabrina is as nice as she seems, hopefully she'll win.
They're mainly poncy cunts this week.
melzilla
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 27 2009, 11:22 PM) *
I hope Sabrina is as nice as she seems, hopefully she'll win.
They're mainly poncy cunts this week.

Her food sounded sexylicious.
curtinparloe
I've been enjoying watching the bitter losers on GMTV. The forced, fixed smiles are hilarious.
PrincessKate
Gordon Ramsay's Maitre'd Jean-Baptiste is cute.
Ade
Watched the excellent BBC1 documentary Tourettes: I Swear I Can't Help It last night. My heart went out to John Davidson, whose afflication clearly hasn't lessened any in the past 20 years. I saw the original doc back in 1988, but missed the follow-up they did in 2002, so it was interesting to follow 15-year old Greg's story in tandem with, and in contrast to, John's. Seeing the differences between their individual circumstances was quite an eye-opener - John really had a tough childhood because of this (at the time) little known or understood condition. It was really nice to see that despite such a comparatively difficult upbringing, he has managed to attain a reasonably decent quality of life.

I know it's not a topic to be laughed at, but it was genuinely (and for the right reasons) funny, as well as interesting and moving in equal measure. I simply had to laugh out loud at a couple of bits, particularly the moment when he swore in his pet labrador's face immediately after having made a fuss of him.

Here's a far better review for anyone who missed it -> Click

It is on iPlayer too HERE, and it's truly, well worth a view.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (Ade @ May 27 2009, 07:36 PM) *

and I thought: Will Patron's Kindly Refrain...sounds like a good name for a band.

That Petting picture used to turn me on a bit as a kid.
Kick in the Head
Just watched Armando Ianucci on Milton's Paradise Lost - brilliant and enlightening documentary on a piece of literature and a man I knew vaguely about, but I'm now very keen to read the whole work myself. It was like being back at school with a really inspirational and engaging teacher (not the bits involving dead legs and ritual humiliation). When Armando reads the passage about Satan's arrival in hell and starts underlining the alliteration and vowel sounds, I started to get very nostalgic.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Ade @ May 29 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Watched the excellent BBC1 documentary Tourettes: I Swear I Can't Help It last night.

Vaguely related: we had a Tourette's sufferer in the cinema last week for 'Let The Right One In'. He wasn't the swearing type, more the sniffs, coughs and snorts sort. We were very close to leaving during the trailers, and I was even tempted to ask - in the most sensitive way possible - if it would be as bad through the movie. I couldn't believe our luck, especially after the episode with the mice. But we persisted and it turns out he was able to control it to some degree, perhaps by concentrating or by being distracted by the film, so he just sounded like someone with the sniffles. He really let loose after the film though, practically jumping off the ground with whoops and ticks.

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ May 29 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Just watched Armando Ianucci on Milton's Paradise Lost

Arse! I wanted to see that. I'll check iPlayer.
Atara
QUOTE (Ade @ May 29 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Watched the excellent BBC1 documentary Tourettes: I Swear I Can't Help It last night.

I have to admit that I do own the DVD of the original documentary and follow up 'Johns Not Mad' and it is mostly for comedy purposes. My ex lived the town next to John and we used to see him in Gala quite often, he is a very nice bloke, he did shout 'slut' right at my ex's sisters direction once when she was a bit tarted up before a party biggrin.gif
Shack
The Apprentice

A brutal interviewing episode tonight. Plenty of flustered people who are put in their place about talking too much and bullshitting. Top notch.

Looking forward to the final on Sunday although I'm still not sure who is going to win.

The girls were on top all series, there's no denying that.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Shack @ Jun 3 2009, 11:21 PM) *
The Apprentice

A brutal interviewing episode tonight. Plenty of flustered people who are put in their place about talking too much and bullshitting. Top notch.

Looking forward to the final on Sunday although I'm still not sure who is going to win.

The girls were on top all series, there's no denying that.

I correctly predicted the two finalists, but I could never have predicted I'd well up when (spoiler tagged in case anyone's going to iPlayer it later) James left. Not that he deserved to win, but when he got up, turned round, smiled and said "It's been brilliant" with all his boyish enthusiasm, it's no wonder the whole bleeding lotta them had to leave the bloody boardroom to bloody compose them bleeding selves.
Sostie
We Want Answers
Another half hour of entertaining, slightly Shooting Stars-esque quizzing. The continued near pointlessness of Mark Watson's involvement was made up by the surprising MILFyness of Jilly Goulden.
Zoe
Speaking of which, Tim Key has his first Edinburgh preview at the Hen and Chickens tonight, if anyone is in town
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 4 2009, 01:32 PM) *
We Want Answers
Another half hour of entertaining, slightly Shooting Stars-esque quizzing. The continued near pointlessness of Mark Watson's involvement was made up by the surprising MILFyness of Jilly Goulden.

Well they've just announced a full 13 part series. It's fun in a shambolic sort of way, but concur re: Watson. He's fine on his own, but seems to flounder when it comes to presenting duties. Some comedians just don't seem particularly comfortable in that role and forget to 'bring the funny', e.g. Marcus Brigstocke on I Haven't Seen Star Wars.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 4 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Speaking of which, Tim Key has his first Edinburgh preview at the Hen and Chickens tonight, if anyone is in town

Comedians, they can get to Edinburgh from London but they'll be damned if they visit anywhere between the two. Chuh.

I am still hooked on Snog, Marry, Avoid. I gain vindication from knowing Helen Zaltzman watches it too.
Zoe
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 4 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Comedians, they can get to Edinburgh from London but they'll be damned if they visit anywhere between the two. Chuh.

I am still hooked on Snog, Marry, Avoid. I gain vindication from knowing Helen Zaltzman watches it too.

Them mentioning it on Answer me This, has only further strengthened my theory that she is the voice of pod.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 4 2009, 01:49 PM) *
Them mentioning it on Answer me This, has only further strengthened my theory that she is the voice of pod.

I don't think it is, the voice sounds much older than her (Then again, she's just turned thirty hasn't she? Or she's about to, I think.)

I suppose it's a bit one-sided when they don't tear stripes off the Goths quite as much as they do the Scousers.
Sostie
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jun 4 2009, 01:40 PM) *
re: Watson. He's fine on his own, but seems to flounder when it comes to presenting duties.

He also walks like a T-Rex.
Jessopjessopjessop

Son of a gun! I'll have to catch another if he's doing one.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Some comedians just don't seem particularly comfortable in that role and forget to 'bring the funny', e.g. Marcus Brigstocke on I Haven't Seen Star Wars.

Does Brigstocke have any actual funny to bring?
Rua
Marcus Brigstocke on I Haven't Seen Star Wars.

I'm not a fan of Brigstocke but that was funny enough on the radio, but I suppose that did rely heavily on the guest.
logger
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 4 2009, 04:02 PM) *

He did a funny joke about Pac Man once.
Serafina_Pekkala

Shame. I'd like to see that.
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 4 2009, 04:02 PM) *

I liked We Are History and Sorry, I've Got No Head. Not so much when it's just him being himself.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jun 4 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Sorry, I've Got No Head.

He makes a surprisingly passable upper class lady.

They are making a TV series of 10 Things I Hate About You
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jun 4 2009, 04:45 PM) *

It'll never be anywhere near as good as the film.

'That must be Nigel, with the brie...' I've no idea why that's my favourite quote. Probably the delivery.
PrincessKate
I can only ever remember
Bianca: I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed,. But can yo9 ever be, like, whelmed?
Chastity: I think you can in Europe.

It's been sat on my dvd shelf for yonks now, might pop it on tonight, after I've voted.
Outatime
Seen as the film is based on The Taming of the Shrew I can't see how a tv show would work as the whole point of it is the single story.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
The shit hath hitteth the fan.

Again it's all in the delivery.

I see that Larry Miller is also in the TV version. This may be enough to get me to watch it.
Shack
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jun 4 2009, 09:27 AM) *
I correctly predicted the two finalists, but I could never have predicted I'd well up when (spoiler tagged in case anyone's going to iPlayer it later) James left. Not that he deserved to win, but when he got up, turned round, smiled and said "It's been brilliant" with all his boyish enthusiasm, it's no wonder the whole bleeding lotta them had to leave the bloody boardroom to bloody compose them bleeding selves.

Deborah was in floods! Cried her lifeless eyes out!!!

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 4 2009, 01:32 PM) *
We Want Answers

Jilly Goulden? REALLLLLLLY?

Kate Humble is the one to watch at the moment. She can watch my spring anytime she likes.
Sostie
QUOTE (Shack @ Jun 4 2009, 05:41 PM) *
Jilly Goulden? REALLLLLLLY?

I know! But she did look a little hawt. She can gob in my spitoon any day.
logger
QUOTE (Shack @ Jun 4 2009, 05:41 PM) *
Kate Humble is the one to watch at the moment. She can watch my spring anytime she likes.

I like Kate but she's started to look a little 'tired' of late.
PrincessKate
Arnett in SATC. It's all wrong I tell you!
whitey
Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow stirred contradictory feelings in me. McIntyre is an extraordinary irritant and makes my teeth itch but it's so good to see stand-up in such a high profile time slot on BBC One, particularly people who wouldn't otherwise be on telly. Stewart Francis and Rhod Gilbert were this week's high points I feel. Mark Watson's set seemed over-edited, Kevin Bridges not my cup of tea. Looking forward to next week. Sarah Millican and Mick Ferry are two of my favourite stand-ups in the country. John Bishop's not bad either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.